PDA

View Full Version : Track progression feedback

silencedmessage
09-14-2018, 05:15 AM
The previous trials games all had a pretty linear track progression, and I really enjoyed that. It made it easy to know what tracks would be more challenging. The tracks in rising seem to be a bit scattered across the board.

Also, I find the challenges and contacts to be pretty distracting. I enjoy having them, but making them seem like the real "goal" of completing a track distracts from the spirit of trials. I want to play the tracks, get my gold / platinum, then go back and complete the challenges.

There also comes a point where the player doesn't even know if there's more tracks to unlock or anything. That may just be a limitation of the beta, but I'm at a point where I'm wondering if I unlocked everything I can or if there's more and I need to do something that's not obvious to me. (All contracts complete, all tracks gold or better, a handful of the challenger things are done and now repeating on the same tracks).

A final thought: I don't really like that this game forces you into playing against other players times. I know you're hard at work to fix the leaderboard issues, but I've been getting an inconsistent level of difficulty when it comes to ghosts for challenges. Some are WAY too easy (when compared to my times) while others are pretty difficult.

UbiKeeba
09-14-2018, 03:07 PM
Thanks for posting your feedback! I'll make sure it gets forwarded to the team.