PDA

View Full Version : Air Tackle

Saqaliba
10-12-2011, 07:37 PM
Please, Please, Please.

Can anyone confirm that air tackle is still in the game mechanics...

and one more thing.

Can we still go into First-Person view without having eagle-vision activated!?

Saqaliba
10-12-2011, 07:37 PM
Please, Please, Please.

Can anyone confirm that air tackle is still in the game mechanics...

and one more thing.

Can we still go into First-Person view without having eagle-vision activated!?

Sarari
10-12-2011, 07:41 PM
Those are basic gameplay mechanics. I'm pretty sure they won't take those out unless they have something better to put in their place http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Saqaliba
10-12-2011, 07:47 PM
Well L3 is now replaced by eagle vision so where is FP

And circle is assigned to the hook so....

Sarari
10-12-2011, 07:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saqaliba:
Well L3 is now replaced by eagle vision so where is FP

And circle is assigned to the hook so.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I have an xbox. So what you're saying is you don't hold down triangle anymore for eagle vision????

naran6142
10-12-2011, 07:49 PM
they could have removed the center camera button and replace with first person

but i dont think many people actually used the first person camera

Saqaliba
10-12-2011, 08:00 PM
Yes, they have changed eagle-vision to the thumb and place a secondary weapon on the triangle. Which means the button for First-Person has been replaced.

I used First-Person all the time. It seems a waste to design such a beautiful city when you can't even sight-see (i.e use First-Person).

But I'm more worried about the air-tackle going. Not many people are even aware of it, but it is such an awesome way to get down from a building. For those who don't know... it is when you run towards the edge of a building and slam down the tackle button (circle on PS3) and Ezio launches onto a civilian to break his fall. It is essentially an air assassination without the killing. In fact, it has been a game mechanic since the beginning ot ACII. Techinically you can use it like an air assassination in two moves, even before you learn it from the codex.

Jump on guard and then hidden blade him while he is down.

Jexx21
10-12-2011, 08:03 PM
I use the air tackle alot, and I doubt it will be gone.

Altough, even if it's gone for consoles, I hope the PC can still do it. At least the first person view though. Since keyboards have a ton of keys.

I love that we have so much space. *hugs keyboard*afdlka dfadl;keaf

naran6142
10-12-2011, 08:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saqaliba:
Yes, they have changed eagle-vision to the thumb and place a secondary weapon on the triangle. Which means the button for First-Person has been replaced.

I used First-Person all the time. It seems a waste to design such a beautiful city when you can't even sight-see (i.e use First-Person).

But I'm more worried about the air-tackle going. Not many people are even aware of it, but it is such an awesome way to get down from a building. For those who don't know... it is when you run towards the edge of a building and slam down the tackle button (circle on PS3) and Ezio launches onto a civilian to break his fall. It is essentially an air assassination without the killing. In fact, it has been a game mechanic since the beginning ot ACII. Techinically you can use it like an air assassination in two moves, even before you learn it from the codex.

Jump on guard and then hidden blade him while he is down. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i dont think you should worry about them removing that feature

cuz the drop botton will still be there and the air tackle is a high profile drop

Saqaliba
10-12-2011, 08:15 PM
This is true. It essentially is a high-profile drop. I hope you are right. What made me wonder is that they may have replace the ground-tackle with the hook-trip - a new move which trips rather than tackles via the hookblade.

Maybe there is now a air-trip... go-go gadget hookblade. Heheh

I wouldn't mind if they simply replace the camera adjustment with FP (reassigned to R3), though I do use that much too. (Like on ladders) But if I had to choose, I'd take FP any day.

naran6142
10-12-2011, 08:50 PM
the center camera is rather pointless anyways since it automatically lines it up anyways when you run

Serrachio
10-12-2011, 08:54 PM
I'd find it kind of a cool quirk if you broke a person's legs/made them sprawl on the floor if you Air Tackled them from a really high rooftop.

After all, the civilian is going to have some armoured person crash into them from a great height.

Saqaliba
10-12-2011, 09:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">civilian is going to have some armoured person crash into them from a great height. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now what would be cool is this. We know you can assign primary weapons to our recruits now. If you could assign fists as primary weapon and just order them to air tackle some schmucks consecutively. That would be hilarious. Especially using smoke bombs.

kriegerdesgottes
10-12-2011, 09:59 PM
As trivial as it may seem, I'm actually more concerned about the ability to push through crowds like we used to be able to with the circle button. One article I read said he just ran around tripping people with the hookblade now that it's the circle button so I can't help but wonder if we can still do that little push motion.

naran6142
10-12-2011, 10:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
As trivial as it may seem, I'm actually more concerned about the ability to push through crowds like we used to be able to with the circle button. One article I read said he just ran around tripping people with the hookblade now that it's the circle button so I can't help but wonder if we can still do that little push motion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

maybe its automatic while running or maybe we have to equip the hookblade so he wont always do that flipping move

originally the shoving was a more serious game mechanic but i think they have moved away from that in the new games

Saqaliba
10-12-2011, 10:09 PM
Good point. I wish some reps would come here and answer some of our woes so we can put our worried heads to rest. Meh. I suppose its only a few weeks away when we will have our answers.

naran6142
10-12-2011, 10:12 PM
Good point. I wish some reps would come here and answer some of our woes so we can put our worried heads to rest. Meh. I suppose its only a few weeks away when we will have our answers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, all will be revealed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

little over a month now

Jexx21
10-13-2011, 05:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naran6142:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
As trivial as it may seem, I'm actually more concerned about the ability to push through crowds like we used to be able to with the circle button. One article I read said he just ran around tripping people with the hookblade now that it's the circle button so I can't help but wonder if we can still do that little push motion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

maybe its automatic while running or maybe we have to equip the hookblade so he wont always do that flipping move

originally the shoving was a more serious game mechanic but i think they have moved away from that in the new games </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually the gentle push is still important in AC2 and ACB, if you cause someone to drop what they are carrying it will attract the guards.

ace3001
10-13-2011, 06:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naran6142:

but i dont think many people actually used the first person camera </div></BLOCKQUOTE>This is true. I didn't even know that the first person camera existed after AC1. -___

Brunadas
10-13-2011, 07:26 AM
So what about the FP Camera,which button will be assigned to,on PS3 in my case?

Cheers

Moultonborough
10-13-2011, 07:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brunadas:

Cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My guess would be R3.

Brunadas
10-13-2011, 08:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moultonborough:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brunadas:

Cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My guess would be R3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm ok.Because R3 in ACII and in AC:B don't do nothing or does it?Can't remember :\

Azugo
10-13-2011, 10:47 AM
They might just assign FP to a click on L3, while you could hold down L3 for Eagle Sense, like how Eagle Vision was assigned to holding down Triangle.

naran6142
10-13-2011, 01:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

originally the shoving was a more serious game mechanic but i think they have moved away from that in the new games </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually the gentle push is still important in AC2 and ACB, if you cause someone to drop what they are carrying it will attract the guards. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

or you could just walk around the box carriers all together, it just not a critical feature anymore like it was in AC1

Jexx21
10-13-2011, 02:14 PM
It wasn't critical in AC1 either. I just walk around the people in AC1 also, and even if I don't it's easy to kill any guard that bothers me about it.

E-Zekiel
10-13-2011, 08:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serrachio:
I'd find it kind of a cool quirk if you broke a person's legs/made them sprawl on the floor if you Air Tackled them from a really high rooftop.

After all, the civilian is going to have some armoured person crash into them from a great height. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

While this is realistic, I like it the way it is. I like to use this as a quick exit from rooftops, but don't want to leave an NPC permanently damaged as a result :P

naran6142
10-13-2011, 09:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
It wasn't critical in AC1 either. I just walk around the people in AC1 also, and even if I don't it's easy to kill any guard that bothers me about it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

maybe critical is the wrong word

its just not emphasize anymore like it was in AC1

Dagio12
10-13-2011, 09:55 PM
just my 2 cents, maybe critical isnt the right word, however, ive always loved that little gentle push option. I really like using it when i walk through any crowd. Its such a natural thing to do and really adds to the immersion for me. I know its something small, but just looks right. I really hope that feature is still in the game. but I wont cry about it i guess. haha

Saqaliba
10-18-2011, 01:08 AM
Gentle Push confirmed:

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2011/10/13/IMG_5735_610x456.JPG

Chronomancy
10-18-2011, 01:22 AM
I wish Ubi would let us customize our own buttons. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif