PDA

View Full Version : Should For Honor have Friendly Fire?

BoogiemanMF
09-13-2018, 07:26 PM
Iím goin to try and make this short, but as descriptive as possible,

Iím considering that For Honor should have friendly fire in 4 v 4 modes, like real full damage friendly fire. I believe it would change the dynamic of how 4 v4 modes are played and bring a more skill into the modes. Of course this would make ganking harder but i think that would be a good thing cause it would force people to fight smarter. Not only in the way of not being so close together and throwing random attacks but people would be incentived to pay attention to what combo there teammate is doing instead of just jumping in throwing random attacks and messing up peoples stun locks and giving the opponent revenge mode quicker. Naturally there would have to be a big renown reduction when you kill a teammate to actually make care, but i think it would force people to be better at the game and really pay attention to what theyíre doing instead just jumping into every fight doin whatever just to get kills. I think it would also make things a lil more balanced for characters who arent as good in tank situation as others.

But thats all I have for this for now, what does the community think tho?

Wes8504
09-13-2018, 07:43 PM
In a perfect world, I would love this idea. However, we live in a world of trolls where a teammate could decide to be a complete donkey and go around trying to kill his own team. If full friendly fire was enabled, we would have to have some kind of system like Siege does to kick TKers. The biggest problem with that is this game is much more close quarters fighting, so even accidental TKs would be much more prevalent. Now when it comes to breaking the CC of a teammate, I would like to see things like the Shug Hug and LB's Long Arm move be treated like the Shaman's bite and be broken on any damage (With Shug's HA being able to absorb a blow if it is up).

DefiledDragon
09-13-2018, 08:02 PM
I've already been teamkilled numerous times and yes, I mean actually killed by damage from my own teammate as opposed to being killed by an enemy because someone on my team hitstunned me and I ate a top heavy, which happens in pretty much every fight I'm ever in that isn't a 1 v 1.

The community in this game is ****ing dire. Full damage friendly fire would render the game unplayable.

BoogiemanMF
09-13-2018, 08:08 PM
If thereís a Large penalty to renown that may negate the trolls at least some of them. Or there being a option to vote to kick if the troll does it to much for a larger penalty. I think as long as the penalty is severe enough it could work

BoogiemanMF
09-13-2018, 08:17 PM
I dont think it would render it unplayable it would just change the way people play but theyíd have to have a severe penalty for trolls

CandleInTheDark
09-14-2018, 04:29 AM
We've been round and round with this one.

It would be a good idea in a perfect world, which nope, not living in one, people will game the system either for their renown of to be trolls. This isn't just the case in PvP, I am power grinding vs ai currently to have a character in each perk pool at rep 8 and I had someone kill me with the current damage, with no enemy near, then start reviving (I refused the revive because screw that). Vote to kick is also very open to abuse, in siege a group did it because their random wouldn't jump out of a window.

The only way I can see it working is with an automated kick system taking into account both team kills and total damage done to kick when one measure is surpassed, it would have false positives but the less we leave one person open to being trolled by a group the better.

ChampionRuby50g
09-14-2018, 08:43 AM
No, For Honor should not have friendly fire. See reasons above.

Itís not gonna force players to play smarter, players couldnít give a rats @ss about team killing an opponent because currently they get extra renown for reviving, and 0 punishment. Vote Kick can easily be abused by 3 players. Accidental TKS happen on a regular basis, so to punish people for a pure mistake is wrong. Even with steps in place to make sure it doesnít happen, FF is not the solution.

mrmistark
09-14-2018, 08:49 AM
For areal feats I wouldnít mind it.

For actual attacking it would be a nightmare. Not only would accidental/purposeful damage kill a lot of friendly players which would induce even more unnecessary salt, but you make it harder for wide attacking characters to be of any help. I main HL so a team of all assasins and linear attackers would gain an even bigger advantage than a team of heavier hitting characters. If we made friendly fire full throttle then itíd be an indirect buff to those players, while HL, Shugoki, Raider, LB ect. would become a bigger liability than any help in a 2v1. You take away the group effort at that point for specific classes, and thus the point of playing a team game mode I feel.

I think OVERALL most players just want to help out their teammate and get the kill as quick as possible to capture the point/get to a point faster to capture. It wouldnít help with skill because no matter how courteous and smart you play your teammates are largely always WAY less so. The person suffering here is you by dying from friendly fire. Itís bad enough people donít know how to auto alternate attacks with you and trigger revenge on enemies/hit you out of attacks that would have guaranteed the kill. I think thatís enough friendly fire on its own: the liability of poor teammate cooperation.

The_B0G_
09-14-2018, 12:38 PM
I'd like to see full friendly fire on feats, but thats it. You'd also need a TK penalty for that.

I know you would still get people who would troll, but dropping a fire flask or catapult on an entire 4v4 at the end of the match and doing massive damage to one side and only a light attack's damage worth on the other side is bs and ruins breaking fights at the end of the match far too often.

Mini1900
09-14-2018, 11:12 PM
Yes , Good idea. But nothing for Forhonor team. They r not into things like that. They just dont want to try new things before get their .data ,so sry no chance here. :P

But friendly fire would be very awesome. Becaus the status of this game and its only mod ( 4v4 dominion ) which is fun and not boring long time atleast for now , is just 4 mates which have their own team hunting random players which end mostly in 4v3+1 Bot which is an easy game at the end. ( i can tell this becau i play most time alone and i know close to every team out there becaus i watch very often streams , know good teams which play tour., and watch youtube all time becaus i only play for honor these days). Friendly fire would give a very fresh thing to this game which is really needed. And to deal with throl we could have a kick system . I play multiplayer since 2006 and i dont know a multiplayer game which have not any function to kick people( throls, cheats etc out ) . Mostly a kicksystem or an admin if owning server is a thing . But as i said they r not into these kind of things :rolleyes:

David_gorda
09-14-2018, 11:27 PM
It doesnt really work with friendly fire and wide arc melee attacks and for honor is annoying as hell with teammates trying to " help" And poking you in the back when guardbreak an enemy Out of stamina. Wish it was a tutorial for noobies to not hit teammates in those situations like
Wait and do a top heavy when your teammate throw him on the ground its better then hit your teammate in the back and mess up his punish....

Jastorm187
09-15-2018, 04:02 AM
Community would go more toxic than it is already with TK and friendly fire.
Im already tired of guard breaks and easy ledges getting messed up because my team mate is flailing wildly when directly behind me.

On top of that, ive watched players hit me when im reviving a teammate so they can get the revive... The greed for renown, and order completion or just plain a-hole moves are bad enough.

Adding in full damage wont help players to learn and do better, it will just allow the toxic players to ve more toxic.

BoogiemanMF
09-15-2018, 12:36 PM
Well then it sounds like the only thing that needs to change to statisfy you is a effective penalty for trolling, one that would over shadow the points given for revive.

BoogiemanMF
09-15-2018, 12:41 PM
But you dont think a servre penalty would make people be more careful? Like a penalty if given enough that it could result in a lost of reps, or banning from the game for a period of time?

BoogiemanMF
09-15-2018, 12:44 PM
This is true but this is also why Iím proposing this idea. If there was a penalty such as renown reduction enough to make a player lose a rep or if they violate enough they could be banned from the game for a period of time you dont think that would make players be more careful before they just jump into a fight and mess up a teammates punishes?

Helnekromancer
09-15-2018, 06:27 PM
In a game where people already hit you to grab a flag, or to get a revive for their order. Or simply because they hate the Hero you are using, adding friendly fire would give trolls even more power and make players who want to keep their sanity retreat to PvAi to enjoy the game.

Corentin10111
09-16-2018, 11:07 AM
The solution is self damage when you hit a teammate.

DefiledDragon
09-16-2018, 01:10 PM
The solution is self damage when you hit a teammate.

That would be hilarious when you get jumped by 4 people and all but one of them drops dead because they're just wailing on each other constantly in an effort to get to you.