PDA

View Full Version : SOME IDEAS FOR SHUGOKI REWORK, i need your points of view

matt89connor
09-13-2018, 01:41 PM
BUFF 1: removed the debuff when he loses his SUPER ARMOR
NERF 1: cooldown of the super armor increased to 11 seconds
note: this will cause the shugoki not to focus on waiting for the super armor to make the GB determinant while the opponent attacks.

BUFF 2: super armor guarantees + 10% resistance
NERF2: his health is lowered to 150
notes: small nerf, given the removal of the debuff, but an aid in the super armor to allow the Shugoki to try a bait even against powerful attacks of damage above 30.

BUFF3: DODGE RECOVERY while not having the active super armor, reduced to 500 ms.
notes: having 11 seconds of waiting a Shugoki who owns a big HITBOX, he must be able to defend himself from spam attacks like shield bash, the dodge recovery, which is only valid when the super armor is not there, will help those who want to defend themselves from certain safe attacks.

BUFF4: DEMON EMBRACE does not lose health if it does not take anyone.

NERF 3: eliminated the "1shot" of the hug

NERF4: IF STRUCK by enemies or friends while performing DEMON EMBRACE, the animation stops.

note: it does not look like a buff but rather a nerf at the 4v4 level, but in 1v1 it allows the shugoki to risk this technique more often.

BUFF 5: ADDING THE COMBO L + L (500MS 15 OF DAMAGE) and L + L + H end chain.

BUFF 6: ADD THE COMBO H + L and H + L + H

BUFF 7: HEAVY end chain has 40 damage and is unblockable.
NERF5: heavy end chain speed goes to 1100 ms.
BUFF8: you can run soft feint into DEMON EMBRACE, also from the heavy end chain
notes: a little used and very risky technique, especially without super armor, now becomes a weapon of the Shugoki.

BUFF 9: DEMON EMBRACE owns hyper armor even if the SUPER ARMOR is deactivated.

notes: a goal to try to force enemies to attack and just get to the end chain and choose the two options (release, demon embrace), or HARD FEINT into GB as you use it now.

BUFF10: HEADBUTT, can also be done by: dodge forward GB, and has the same current properties but moves only 2 meters (500 ms, cost stamina 25).

NOW, take your considerations, think: do you need this nerf or buff? what would you change? I speak to you guys , given the assertion of explanation by the DEV, and I kindly ask the moderators to send this to the DEV.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
09-13-2018, 11:45 PM
I don't think devs care that much for community input on shugoki. Shug is a much easier fix and would only take them a day to make him S tier. Simply take off all his penalties and every single Nerf he has ever gotten including incidental debuffes like the parry to gb, revive, ect. Maybe even the debug that won the tournament.
I suggested giving shugoki just an active hyper armor on GB (to go along with his passive aswell) but people seem to think this would create a monster even though his opposite shinobi has two gb stances and we already have monsters like berserker.

Roseguard_Cpt
09-14-2018, 03:42 PM
Remove the passive Hyper Armor completely, give him the aforementioned chains, and hyper armor on heavies after startup, similar to Warlord and Highlander. The passive hyper armor is the one thing that annoys me about fighting and playing Shugoki. In fighting against a Shugoki you have to turtle, get a GB and then you can actually try to fight and get damage in, but in playing Shugoki you want/have to turtle to get that safety layer back. As a Nobushi player with minimal/no openers the fight takes about 4 or 5 minutes per round against an equally skilled opponent on Shugoki.

matt89connor
09-14-2018, 04:00 PM
I don't think devs care that much for community input on shugoki. Shug is a much easier fix and would only take them a day to make him S tier. Simply take off all his penalties and every single Nerf he has ever gotten including incidental debuffes like the parry to gb, revive, ect. Maybe even the debug that won the tournament.
I suggested giving shugoki just an active hyper armor on GB (to go along with his passive aswell) but people seem to think this would create a monster even though his opposite shinobi has two gb stances and we already have monsters like berserker.

soo you suggest to not give him the total super armor stance? ...thnks for the comment :)

matt89connor
09-14-2018, 04:03 PM
Remove the passive Hyper Armor completely, give him the aforementioned chains, and hyper armor on heavies after startup, similar to Warlord and Highlander. The passive hyper armor is the one thing that annoys me about fighting and playing Shugoki. In fighting against a Shugoki you have to turtle, get a GB and then you can actually try to fight and get damage in, but in playing Shugoki you want/have to turtle to get that safety layer back. As a Nobushi player with minimal/no openers the fight takes about 4 or 5 minutes per round against an equally skilled opponent on Shugoki.

imo,he should have a defensive sys unique. He ,like all heroes , has the parry sys, and until now, has the super armor. If we remove the super armor, what you suggest to put in exchange of that?

Roseguard_Cpt
09-14-2018, 04:05 PM
Hyper armor on his heavies after startup, this ultimately gives him more hyper armor as you can throw more than 1 heavy every 5 seconds

matt89connor
09-14-2018, 04:08 PM
Hyper armor on his heavies after startup, this ultimately gives him more hyper armor as you can throw more than 1 heavy every 5 seconds

hmmm...hyperarmor at the beggining of the action, only for heavies, or even lights?

Roseguard_Cpt
09-14-2018, 04:13 PM
Hyper Armor on his heavies after startup, as I have said twice. Once it can no longer be feinted, then the hyper armor kicks in. This allows him to trade blows more often.
My Full Rework Idea
-Remove lack of hyper armor debuff
-Remove passive hyper armor
-Hyper armor on heavies after start up
-Light, Heavy Chain
-Light, Light, Heavy Chain
-Heavy, Light Chain

matt89connor
09-14-2018, 04:19 PM
Hyper Armor on his heavies after startup, as I have said twice. Once it can no longer be feinted, then the hyper armor kicks in. This allows him to trade blows more often.
My Full Rework Idea
-Remove lack of hyper armor debuff
-Remove passive hyper armor
-Hyper armor on heavies after start up
-Light, Heavy Chain
-Light, Light, Heavy Chain
-Heavy, Light Chain

i found very simple but good, but why no openers?

Roseguard_Cpt
09-14-2018, 04:26 PM
Call me old fashioned, but I prefer a feint into punish playstyle over easy unblockables. Feinting heavy into GB is fairly reliable and without passive armor to allow for a trade GB it balances the hug as well. Feint into light is a way to sneak in damage/a chain starter or opener. Earlier you said you wanted him to have a special defense "sys" (assuming system/mechanic) but now that I'm thinking about it I'd say give him a special offense mechanic, his lights not being interrupted by block, allowing him to chip with lights. This would allow for his lights to also stay the same speed as they can simply chip rather than needing to sneak around a guard

matt89connor
09-14-2018, 04:30 PM
Call me old fashioned, but I prefer a feint into punish playstyle over easy unblockables. Feinting heavy into GB is fairly reliable and without passive armor to allow for a trade GB it balances the hug as well. Feint into light is a way to sneak in damage/a chain starter or opener. Earlier you said you wanted him to have a special defense "sys" (assuming system/mechanic) but now that I'm thinking about it I'd say give him a special offense mechanic, his lights not being interrupted by block, allowing him to chip with lights. This would allow for his lights to also stay the same speed as they can simply chip rather than needing to sneak around a guard

i understand , thnks for the important answer ;)

UbiJurassic
09-14-2018, 07:58 PM
Thanks for sharing the feedback and ideas for Shugoki so far everyone. :) The team is definitely aware that people would like to see Shugo get some love sooner rather than later. While I'd love to give you an ETA on when to expect changes coming to the hero, I don't have one for you all at this time. Should I have news of new changes for the hero, I'll be sure to circle back around to let people know. :D

DefiledDragon
09-14-2018, 09:53 PM
Thanks for sharing the feedback and ideas for Shugoki so far everyone. :) The team is definitely aware that people would like to see Shugo get some love sooner rather than later. While I'd love to give you an ETA on when to expect changes coming to the hero, I don't have one for you all at this time. Should I have news of new changes for the hero, I'll be sure to circle back around to let people know. :D

We know the team are "aware" of the feedback. Are there ANY plans to address the situation? I'm not asking for a deadline or even a guestimate, just confirmation that the team are "aware" and that they actually intend to address the issue at some point. Any point. Just at some point?