PDA

View Full Version : [feedback][spelling&grammar] A lot of spelling and grammar mistakes found.

Geertbroekmann
09-13-2018, 12:29 PM
Throughout my playthrough so far, I've encountered a lot of (small) mistakes in grammar, which should definitely be fixed before launch.
My question, however, is whether or not that is something that the devs want us to look into as well.

So are we testing language as well, or should I not focus on grammar etc?

Pl0x halp, :rolleyes:

Geertbroekmann
09-13-2018, 01:07 PM
In the first half hour of play, I've already gathered this:

Incorrect grammar first encountered in 'flipping cannions' notice;

"To race of course, beat opponent we picked and others will have take notice."
Suggest to change into something like "To win this challenge, beat the opponent we've picked for you. That way, others will have to take notice."

Found in Safety First! notice:

"In trials we value first and foremost safety in all things."
Suggested change "In Trials we value safety above all else.", or something alike.
Next sentence:

[...]crash through an air balloon, explode fireworks, having headgear equipped is mandatory.
Suggested change: "[...], or set off fireworks[...]".
Last sentence, please add a subject, i.e. "We want to keep that brain protected."

The 'Watch the Head' notice in the hard hat zone also has grammatical errors in it.
Suggested text ""WATCH YOUR HEAD /n Why do you have to wear your helmet all the time? In HARD HAT ZONE you'll find out the hard way.[...]

Also noticed that the Goals header here says "Faults: no more than 5", where I'm quite sure the word Fails was meant. This might be a systemic error

Now, I know it's "just" the beta, but I found grammatical errors like these to be immersion breaking, so I'm leaving them here... The finished product really has to do better, I feel.

Shambler2
09-13-2018, 01:39 PM
Agree with the above, just a couple of minor things that I think would be reasonably simple to fix before launch.

Though disagree with the last comment, faults are pretty commonly used to decribe stacking it ;)

UbiKeeba
09-13-2018, 03:08 PM
Thank you so much for pointing this out!

ishmaelholmes
09-13-2018, 06:38 PM
On the first contract for red lynx world it says “finish the track like a champ you are.” Should be: “like the champ you are.” Dunno if someone else pointed this out yet. Just getting used to the site.

DetonatoR-1973
09-14-2018, 10:00 AM
I also wonder what that hint means:
To find other Trials Players then something /r/TrialsRising or something.

I don't know what I have to do with this ? what's /r/ meaning ?

Geertbroekmann
09-14-2018, 04:58 PM
It's a reference to the reddit page https://www.reddit.com/r/trialsgames