PDA

View Full Version : Loot boxes are a major turn off

man_kinda
09-13-2018, 11:31 AM
The very nature of loot boxes are anti-gamer. They give the player no clear path to rewards they desire just a chance at them. I've gotten 6 so far and all them have only had stickers. It's very disappointing seeing these slot machines in an upcoming game I would love otherwise.

lu3mm3l
09-13-2018, 06:22 PM
But as long as they don't contain game changing Items I'm O.k. with that. The game could just reward you with packs while you advance but that's too old school I guess..

Zzzlol94
09-13-2018, 11:13 PM
The lootboxes are fine ONLY if they are NOT purchasable for real money.

But still, lootboxes are a bad way of adding "progression". It doesn't feel rewarding since it's all luck. I would rather have a list of items to buy for an in-game currency, then the "challengers" could give an increased amount of in-game currencies instead of a lootbox. With that, you're actually working towards something set in stone, instead of buying a lottery ticket and you lose 95% of the time, and then the 5% you actually do get something still isn't rewarding.

Having items locked behind specific milestones is a good way of awarding players. Like if you get Gold on all Medium track you unlock a costume, Platinum on all Hard tracks give you a different one, or getting Platinum on one Extreme track will give you a stance. These milestones can then be seen in a menu along with their rewards, so players know who has what. It's much better having a costume that is linked to a gameplay achievement than just randomly being awarded. There are OTHER ways to add progression to the game which are much more interesting than lootboxes could ever dream to be.

Use your imagination, please.

StanBrule
09-13-2018, 11:21 PM
Hell no. This game was going to be an automatic buy for me. **** everything about loot boxes, I'm not touching this game if Ubisoft is taking their business in that direction. You can join EA in their business of ruining every franchise by making over-glorified disguised slot machines that prioritize exploiting whales over making quality games. Loot boxes are cancer.

UbiKeeba
09-14-2018, 02:41 PM
I'm making sure the team is aware of the concern surrounding Lootboxes.