PDA

View Full Version : Not a real Bugfix wishlist for upcoming game patch...

lippe777
07-28-2006, 07:41 PM
I'v been playing IL2FB+PF for a while now & it's still my favorite waste of time ... like for the other people here http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif)
Never the less, I'd like to mention some things that bother me.

No, this is not gonna be one of those I-WANT-NEW-MAPS-AND-NEW-PLANES-IN-THE-GAME-FOR-NO-MORE-MONEY-threads, no, this is just a request to

correct some stuff already included in the game & former patches to bring plane's performance closer to real world.

1: Bf-109F4 was already able to mount MG151/20mm underwing gondolas.

2: In all books/ technical specs. about the late type 109s
one could read that MK108 nose cannon remained as an "Umr├╝stsatz U4".
So please make the MG151/20 nose gun an available option for Bf109 G10/G14/K4
like in the G6 models.
E. Hartmann for example prefered the 20mm because it delivers more ammo.

3: Please make ETC bomb rack for drop tanks available for Fw190D9s.

3a: bomb rack for P40 E/M is missing ... looks funny!!!!

4: Please correct speed for most Corsairs !!!
(Sorry, this is gonna be a kick into the crotch for all Corsair fans).

It seems all Corsair models in the game have merely the same performance which is incorrect.

Corsair Mk. 1 (Birdcage Corsair) with 415 mph top is correct, BUT ...

For F4U-1A/C/D it needs to be 315 mph at sea level up to 390 mph at 24000 feet &
for Corsair Mk. 2&4 needs to be 319 mph at sea level up to 393 mph at 2400 feet
according to techn. specs (e.g. Osprey Pub., Squadron Signal, Aero Detail etc.).

I think the little difference between American & British Corsairs is due to the clipped wings.

Lucky for me Corsair's weird bouncing effect that feels like aquaplaning when firing is already mentioned.

BTW: Am I the only one who feels Corsair's acceleration during dives is to low compared with Hellcats???

So Oleg, PLEASE consider some of this for the game patches to come.

Thanks,
Lippe

lippe777
07-28-2006, 07:41 PM
I'v been playing IL2FB+PF for a while now & it's still my favorite waste of time ... like for the other people here http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif)
Never the less, I'd like to mention some things that bother me.

No, this is not gonna be one of those I-WANT-NEW-MAPS-AND-NEW-PLANES-IN-THE-GAME-FOR-NO-MORE-MONEY-threads, no, this is just a request to

correct some stuff already included in the game & former patches to bring plane's performance closer to real world.

1: Bf-109F4 was already able to mount MG151/20mm underwing gondolas.

2: In all books/ technical specs. about the late type 109s
one could read that MK108 nose cannon remained as an "Umr├╝stsatz U4".
So please make the MG151/20 nose gun an available option for Bf109 G10/G14/K4
like in the G6 models.
E. Hartmann for example prefered the 20mm because it delivers more ammo.

3: Please make ETC bomb rack for drop tanks available for Fw190D9s.

3a: bomb rack for P40 E/M is missing ... looks funny!!!!

It seems all Corsair models in the game have merely the same performance which is incorrect.

For F4U-1A/C/D it needs to be 315 mph at sea level up to 390 mph at 24000 feet &
according to techn. specs (e.g. Osprey Pub., Squadron Signal, Aero Detail etc.).

I think the little difference between American & British Corsairs is due to the clipped wings.

Lucky for me Corsair's weird bouncing effect that feels like aquaplaning when firing is already mentioned.

BTW: Am I the only one who feels Corsair's acceleration during dives is to low compared with Hellcats???

Thanks,
Lippe

VMF215_Shadow
07-31-2006, 01:55 AM
What I would be happy to see in the upcoming patch would be these two things.

Some late war USN-USMC fighters would be nice.
I.E. F4U-4 / F7F /F8F.

And a fix for the current Corair's acceleration rate, It's way to slow.
An A6M2 will out dive you as it is now.

S!
Shadow

JG53Frankyboy
07-31-2006, 03:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lippe777:

........... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

just to be sure that i got you right....... you are saying the F4U-1A/C/D in game are too fast ??

as a normaly flying japanese online i would say: ok, bring it on http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

anyway, the Corsair famaile is one of the planesfamile in game that would have nede realy some overwork.
performancedifferences, weaponloadouts and so on - but it s too late http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

R_Target
07-31-2006, 09:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lippe777:
Please correct speed for most Corsairs !!!

Thanks,
Lippe </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

415mph is way too fast at any altitude for a birdcage Corsair (no water injection on many of them). However, the PF F4U-1 (Corsair Mk.I) is equipped with the water injection system in-game, so it has the same performance as the other Corsairs. You're right about the flight model being the same for all of them though, with the exception that the British Corsairs roll a little faster with the clipped wings.

The speeds in-game agree with U.S. Navy figures quoted in Francis Dean's America's 100,000 and in AJ Press #19 Corsair monograph.

319mph at SL and 380-390mph at critical altitude are F6F-5 speeds. It would be nice if they'd fix the Hellcats speed at 1000-12,000 feet though. 535kph at 10,000 ft is way too slow.

VMF215_Shadow
08-01-2006, 02:50 AM
Just to set the record straight.

The F4U-1A should get 417mph at 19,000ft as specified by Vought.

The F4U-1D should get 426mph at altitude again, this is according to the Chance Vought charts.

S!

stansdds
08-01-2006, 04:30 AM
Actually, none of the production F4U-1's had water injection. Water injection was introduced during the last batch of F4U-1A's that rolled off the assembly lines. If you really want to know, I'll look up the exact serial numbers.

ElAurens
08-01-2006, 05:36 AM
And while we are at it in the Pacific, how about correcting the out of whack performance of the F4F series in regards top speed vs. A6M2 and A6M2-21.
The Wildcat is far too fast.