PDA

View Full Version : Perks and a few thoughts

Mini1900
09-12-2018, 09:52 PM
As i played marching fire beta , i began with new hero. As i had rep 1 i had exact combi of Perk i wanted at least for low rep, and as i reached rep 5 still the same.

At very begin we had really the best things about gear . I mean i can remeber that we had like + speed - defense which was for me a good thing for shugo, he could run and dont need to be only useless zone camper in dominion. After patches i still could work with new gears and began to enjoy it.

But then come Perks . Its very nice thing it seems like but at the end of the day its just too one sided. I had lb with +75% hp and something like helping to revive ( i dont remeber. I had only 1 match with him ) and it felt like he,s a medic :D . BUT that s it. How many time do you really need to revive in a game , sometimes u just can do it like 1 or 2 times.

As Perks were introduced to us , i heard that DEVs will do this to have something which help to balance the gameplay . No more underpowered when u play vs some people with 180 gear with a hero with 30 gear and the next point was something that they could use in all Mods.

As we get these Perks to test and i know there will be more and its just the beginning but more i read about them and thought about what could be the best combo , more and more it got boring after many many matches.

I would say if we really need to keep perks ,we would need really really alot of them and every hero should have many many options to mix them . Otherwise it would really kill the long time motivation and i,m not into leaving the game just becaus of that.

A lot of respect for DEV that they worked/work hard on it but its just how i feel about them. And i ,m really hoping that i will be wrong.

DefiledDragon
09-13-2018, 12:05 AM
Doesn't the higher end gear allow you to activate a few at once?

Velentix
09-13-2018, 12:54 AM
I think that the problem with killing gear stats is that to some degree the stats help narrow the gap in balance. Perks might be all good and fun, but they also might highlight balance problems. Which would be good IF problems like that were quickly addressed. Cough *buff shugoki* cough cough

Mini1900
09-13-2018, 03:24 AM
Doesn't the higher end gear allow you to activate a few at once?

I cant remember , but i think you could get max 3x gray, 1xhellblue+1gray or something like that.But only a few of gray one r really useful in some matches, others r just too "nothing important".
So it mean u will get the best combo and stick to it forever , and this will means why would you play and play the same thing without any motivation to get something " new " which bring you further in game. Idk its just a feeling.We might get suprised .

FredEx919
09-13-2018, 03:31 PM
The team has been looking for any thoughts regarding perks so the feedback will be useful. I'll be sure to share your thoughts with them.