PDA

View Full Version : Abandon Reddit, please

HazelrahFirefly
09-12-2018, 02:40 PM
Its embarrassing that the official forum is ignored while that hellhole is scoured for community feedback.

I made one post in the knights subreddit and someone immediately called it 'reta...'.. I'm not going to type the rest of the word. The thread was also taken down because it was the subreddit OWNER.

Stop taking any information where a faction subreddit owner can openly call someone that word. USE THESE FORUMS.

Roseguard_Cpt
09-12-2018, 02:50 PM
While Reddit is great for Community Corner it's a bit of a mess for everything else, and it's weird to see how the Pope is more active on the reddit than here on the game's actual forums.

littlefluffyegg
09-12-2018, 02:53 PM
All they have going on reddit is complaints and memes about the new voices.

Absolutely nothing else.

Alustar.
09-12-2018, 06:27 PM
Yeah, I refuse to even use Reddit. I is wildly irritating to hear that that place is where they consider the bulk of the feedback comes from.

I-Nibbiru-I
09-12-2018, 07:42 PM
But- . . memes :c

Alustar.
09-12-2018, 11:02 PM
There were memes before Reddit, I'm positive there will be memes long after.

Nose1234F
09-13-2018, 03:57 AM
I like Reddit, but the For Honor sub is mostly memes at this point. And these forums are too salty, I blame myself for that as well. So a lot of players (I blame myself as well) avoid them.

ChampionRuby50g
09-13-2018, 06:27 AM
Not really a good business look when the “offical” forums don’t even get used by the company’s developers, and a third party website receives more attention and praise.

Vakris_One
09-13-2018, 04:20 PM
The FH Reddit is full of memes and echo chamber circle jerking. This place, although more mature is primarily full of salt and bickering. Pick your poison I guess.

The Popester likes himself some memes and Ubi like a sheep mentality when it works in their favour, just like any business does, so Reddit seemed a natural fit. Reddit is also a more public platform than any game's home forum so it's got more visibility in the public's eye and thus why most games companies focus their PR on Reddit. Consider for example, if their home forum is in an uproar it's easier to hide under the carpet because word will only get out if someone from the forum spreads that word. On the other hand if their Reddit is in an uproar the entire scope of gaming's media will know about it instantly since they keep watch on Reddit 24/7 waiting for those juicy drama filled scoops. That also works in reverse as well: if the community is really happy with the game and the devs but only hangs around the game's forum then word of this happiness has to be spread manually by getting it out there into the public's sphere of interest. With Reddit that kind of news and its spreading happens automatically and thus freeing up the company to do more focused PR campaigns elsewhere.

FredEx919
09-13-2018, 06:11 PM
We utilize both Reddit and Forums along with about 4 other platforms. This goes for both our community team and our developers and we try to make it a point to cross post most information to each location (same as gathering feedback). In some cases that may not work out though. We may have something up here that's not on Reddit and sometimes the other way around. We'll do what we can to keep everyone filled in on both.