PDA

View Full Version : The roman should have their own faction

Capoupacap
09-12-2018, 12:12 PM
I'm of course speaking of the heroes not the dev (poor joke, I know).

Because roman heroes bring with them so much background for maps (roman arena ! :'(), you could consider bringing in a near futur 2 more heroes based on the roman (even greck) empire and put them appart of the knight faction.

The arena and gladiator period particularly fit to For Honor, and I'm actually very surprised you didn't push you game that way ;)

Illyrian_King
09-12-2018, 01:52 PM
I was against 2 roman heroes, and I am even more against a whole Faction of them.

Please lets keep it as much medieval as possible. Same when people propose aztech, greek or other cultures that would even in FH's "pseudo-realism" be drastically inferior because of out-dated weapons/armour or because like the aztecs ... well they have none. Wooden clubs with obsidian shards don't count.

Devils-_-legacy
09-12-2018, 03:43 PM
I was against 2 roman heroes, and I am even more against a whole Faction of them.

Please lets keep it as much medieval as possible. Same when people propose aztech, greek or other cultures that would even in FH's "pseudo-realism" be drastically inferior because of out-dated weapons/armour or because like the aztecs ... well they have none. Wooden clubs with obsidian shards don't count.
How more inferior weapons and armour can you get when nobushi or shoalin have sticks and cloth lol
Why wouldn't they count? they had there own version of clubs spear and swords and obsidian is a nasty weapon thats brittle and sharp that causes heavy bleeding from inflicted wounds. warfare was also a major part of there culture?

Illyrian_King
09-12-2018, 06:41 PM
How more inferior weapons and armour can you get when nobushi or shoalin have sticks and cloth lol
Why wouldn't they count? they had there own version of clubs spear and swords and obsidian is a nasty weapon thats brittle and sharp that causes heavy bleeding from inflicted wounds. warfare was also a major part of there culture?

Simple, because the Nobushi still has a Naginata, which is basically a spear with a blade. A very viable weapon, which found great use under many medieval cultures. Also it's made of actual steel.

The Shaolin's staff has a metall head on every end. Also is that Shaolin an elite fighter. Elite, like doing his whole life literally nothing else then training.

Both wear almost no armour, but it's still inside For Honor's kinda " pseudo realism" ... but let's not exaggerate with going back in time too far.

Devils-_-legacy
09-12-2018, 07:23 PM
Simple, because the Nobushi still has a Naginata, which is basically a spear with a blade. A very viable weapon, which found great use under many medieval cultures. Also it's made of actual steel.

The Shaolin's staff has a metall head on every end. Also is that Shaolin an elite fighter. Elite, like doing his whole life literally nothing else then training.

Both wear almost no armour, but it's still inside For Honor's kinda " pseudo realism" ... but let's not exaggerate with going back in time too far.

Sounds more like you simply don't want them not a real simple reason

The fact she has a naginana made of steel has zero impact they could have a an aztec with a tepoztopilli basically a spear tipped with obsidian shards

The aztecs trained elite fighters the jaguar and eagle warriors

Right realism like biting or huging someone and gaining health

So we can't go to from 1300 to 1521
You realise the earliest extant manual on Shaolin kung fu was published 1621 not much of a leap

Illyrian_King
09-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Sounds more like you simply don't want them not a real simple reason

The fact she has a naginana made of steel has zero impact they could have a an aztec with a tepoztopilli basically a spear tipped with obsidian shards

The aztecs trained elite fighters the jaguar and eagle warriors

Right realism like biting or huging someone and gaining health

So we can't go to from 1300 to 1521
You realise the earliest extant manual on Shaolin kung fu was published 1621 not much of a leap

I don't want them in the game, but I offer plausible reasons.

The quality of a spear or staff with a steel head is far above the quality of a spear with extremely fragile obsidian shards.

I am studying metallurgy, I know how much superior steel is compared to other materials.

Obsidian would most likely splitt in thousant pieces, once it hits solid metall armour, as it is basically just vulcano glass.

I know about the jagaur and eagle warriors from the aztecs, but that is no comparison to a shaolin, who "does nothing else then traininig for his whole life". There is a huge gap. Eventhough the shaolin is already on the border of that pseudo realism FH has.

Of course having Shugoki closing wounds by spreading love is solid BS, but it's once again FH's pseudo realism. What are executions and their heal then?

But inviting warriors from a few centuries A.C. was never part of the Concept and should not be. Even the new Wu Lin warriors (except Shaolin) wield decend weapons.

The concept of FH always was to let warrior cultures of the "approximate (a few centuries up or down)" same time be in contest with one another. It was never about using time machines to bring ancient cultures to that period. That's why I don't like the post-release conept of Cent and Glad. Eventhough they offer a "reasonable" story how it happened. It's still cheap.

UbiJurassic
09-12-2018, 07:50 PM
I'm of course speaking of the heroes not the dev (poor joke, I know).

Because roman heroes bring with them so much background for maps (roman arena ! :'(), you could consider bringing in a near futur 2 more heroes based on the roman (even greck) empire and put them appart of the knight faction.

The arena and gladiator period particularly fit to For Honor, and I'm actually very surprised you didn't push you game that way ;)

The Knights as a whole actually descend from the Centurions, essentially connecting the two. That information comes from an observable (https://youtu.be/gUlMcPtGlfU?t=2m58s)in the second chapter of the Knights campaign.

Capoupacap
09-13-2018, 11:46 AM
oh dear, totally forget this one :) :)