PDA

View Full Version : I want an open world multiplayer RPG with FH's game play.

Squ1dF4ce
09-12-2018, 03:23 AM
I grew up playing World of Warcraft. For me and many members of my generation no experience will ever equal what WoW was. WoW was a time and a place, an experience, It already had an established lore across a trilogy of games that was set in the minds of its fanbase and allowed those fans to experience that world on an intimate level, you had to be there.

These days I don't have much time for video games and what little time I do have for them I mostly spend playing FH. I love open world RPGs and to anyone else who does I would highly reccommend Kingdom Come: Deliverance as it is a fantasy sandbox game with a very clunky version of FH's gameplay. However for most games of that nature I just don't have the time to get lost in a fantasy world.. I want to log in and fight people. Some days and destroy everyone in my path, somedays I play like an idiot and can't get a win but I always learn more about the game and become better.

I wan't an open world, casual friendly MMORPG with FH's gameplay. Where no matter what lvl you are you can compete but being a greater lvl grants you certain perks, like more attack points at the cost of revenge gain or defense etc as well as that sweet sweet prestige of skins and emotes. If someone made this game, maybe with a VR port that would be my end all be all game and I could see it being a huge success. FPS/3rd person battle royale is the hot thing with all the children right now but that will end in the coming years, I could very much see an easy to grasp, hard to master style of melee based game with preference set for group fights but details based around 1v1, which is the FH experience, becoming something groundbreaking.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
09-12-2018, 03:59 AM
I to would like an open world and semi open battlefield but from what I've been told for honor does not have that capability for capacity. For honor mechanics in an open world setting and Warhammer type personal battles with Sims wow and elders scroll mixed in would be an epic game...but it isn't going to happen soon.

Justicator
09-12-2018, 10:27 AM
That's what most of the current player-base wants, mate; someone far more competent to take the unique gameplay of FH and turn it into something much more than what it is now and what it is turning, a medieval version of siege...

littlefluffyegg
09-12-2018, 03:00 PM
no

Roseguard_Cpt
09-12-2018, 03:05 PM
The Mount and Blade games are old, and not an MMO, but are a medieval sandbox fighting game with stance based combat. I think they may actually have a new game coming out some point in the next year or two.

OoKaMi_79
09-12-2018, 03:31 PM
The fighting mechanics of For Honor would be a great feature for an open world game. It is much better that the fighting style of assassins creed or the hack and slash of bloodborne.

There would be no need of adding a new level system.....I would be more than happy if we get normal exp for our reputation levels (and some iron) for kill or competition of a quest.

Blindjackel03
09-12-2018, 06:09 PM
This is a great idea. A skyrim, dragons dogma, Witcher type game that was a mmorpg with the fighting style of for honor. A totally new IP... this is a great concept

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
09-13-2018, 02:23 AM
I have a whole layout about using arenas to get Kd, using Kd to protect treasure through contracts, using money to buy Castles, using Castles to recruit things for war, using war to deseminate faction territory, using faction territory to show friendly or unfriendly territory to explore. Exploring to find unique or randomish treasure. It's hard to explain in detail but essentially you get a mix of skyrim exploration, warhammer2 fraction battles with for honor main zoom in if mains meet on the battlefield, breach mode for Castle invations, duels or brawls for arena, you also get to be the boss fight to protect hidden treasure via contracts, you can be a bountyhunter by defending other people's stuff.

Nose1234F
09-13-2018, 03:43 AM
It would be cool, but I'm not sure it would work out for PvP, it'd be full of twinks. For PvE, farming stuff and completing quests it'd be nice.

magicyak99
09-13-2018, 05:08 PM
An open world game like Skyrim with the combat system of for honor would be sick. Tough to do id assume but a sick what if none the less. When it comes to pvp I wish that there was a dark zone like there is in the division only this time when your in there against other players itís all about your own skill rather than whose gun is more powerful.
I mean the hub map of the for honor game would serve as a perfect open world game, and at the middle, a dark zone where heroís from all factions fight.

Soldier_of_Dawn
09-14-2018, 08:23 AM
I grew up playing World of Warcraft. For me and many members of my generation no experience will ever equal what WoW was. WoW was a time and a place, an experience, It already had an established lore across a trilogy of games that was set in the minds of its fanbase and allowed those fans to experience that world on an intimate level, you had to be there.

These days I don't have much time for video games and what little time I do have for them I mostly spend playing FH. I love open world RPGs and to anyone else who does I would highly reccommend Kingdom Come: Deliverance as it is a fantasy sandbox game with a very clunky version of FH's gameplay. However for most games of that nature I just don't have the time to get lost in a fantasy world.. I want to log in and fight people. Some days and destroy everyone in my path, somedays I play like an idiot and can't get a win but I always learn more about the game and become better.

I wan't an open world, casual friendly MMORPG with FH's gameplay. Where no matter what lvl you are you can compete but being a greater lvl grants you certain perks, like more attack points at the cost of revenge gain or defense etc as well as that sweet sweet prestige of skins and emotes. If someone made this game, maybe with a VR port that would be my end all be all game and I could see it being a huge success. FPS/3rd person battle royale is the hot thing with all the children right now but that will end in the coming years, I could very much see an easy to grasp, hard to master style of melee based game with preference set for group fights but details based around 1v1, which is the FH experience, becoming something groundbreaking.

You're not alone, my friend. Check out this older thread:

For Honor MMORPG
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1894554-For-Honor-MMORPG

Lord_Vipes
01-06-2019, 07:28 PM
It would be cool, but I'm not sure it would work out for PvP, it'd be full of twinks. For PvE, farming stuff and completing quests it'd be nice.

How exactly? PvP wouldn't take place in an open world, it'd stay the same as it is. Something like what Global Agenda did. Solves all the problems right there. Keep the maps and gamemodes from For Honor, set it aside for the VS/PvP/bots content.