PDA

View Full Version : How To Show Frame Rate (fps) ????

Sgt0verlord
03-30-2011, 02:00 PM
Can anyone give me a heads-up on how to show the frame rate in ACB, while in the game???

(or AC1 & AC2 for that matter)

Sgt0verlord
03-30-2011, 02:00 PM
Can anyone give me a heads-up on how to show the frame rate in ACB, while in the game???

(or AC1 & AC2 for that matter)

KingDaniel0
03-30-2011, 02:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sgt0verlord:

(or AC1 & AC2 for that matter) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can use FRAPS to measure the in-game FPS. By default the F12 key is assigned to measure the fps, i.e. the Overlay Display Hotkey, and when you press this button/key it will 'Toggle' the frame rate counter between the four corners and off, on your Monitor's Screen.....

To change the Hotkey, click in the box and type a new key to be assigned this function. Clicking Disable will stop the Hotkey from having any effect.

http://www.fraps.com/download.php

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sgt0verlord
03-30-2011, 02:36 PM
thanks for the quick reply...

yeah, i figured fraps was the best way to do that. I was just hoping there was a command in the game itself (like an rcon command from COD) game for us to see the frame rate.

KingDaniel0
03-30-2011, 03:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sgt0verlord:
I was just hoping there was a command in the game itself (like an rcon command from COD) game for us to see the frame rate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

After I buy this game, I will see if there is any way to open the in-game CONSOLE (~), so that we might type and use some command variables.

But I don't think we can MOD this game so easily, or use any Command line parameters via Shortcut, like other old PC games. Most of the new PC games are just Console Ports.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

jag272
03-31-2011, 01:27 AM
you could also use xfire. xfire allows you to do more things though. you can control media player, talk to friends, record a video, broadcast, take screenshots and more. alot of gamers use xfire nowadays and its simple to pop open and do something. although obviously if you dont have any friends of it then there is no1 to talk to. it also has a toggleable clock and fps counter.

i use xfire since fraps you just pop open when you want to record or add an fps counter but it can lag the game while xfire has no impact on fps and is more multipurpose so you arent opening it just for that.

wlodi
03-31-2011, 07:11 AM
There's no console in ACB, so you have to use external application, like Fraps or Xfire.

KingDaniel0
03-31-2011, 09:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wlodi:
There's no console in ACB, so you have to use external application, like Fraps or Xfire. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I know that. But I just wanted to see whether we can MOD this game a bit, by tweaking any config file, adding command line parameters, or using any other DEV Tool, so that we might be able to access the in-game CONSOLE key....

Some of the NEW PC games were not having a direct access to the console, but by tweaking the Game files, we were able to open the in-game tilde Key.

But yes, this also depends on the Game's Engine, and not every game is coded in the same way......
Cheers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------