PDA

View Full Version : What even is this game now?

soft473
09-10-2018, 11:17 PM
Hello and welcome to my first and probably last ever thread here on the For Honor forums.

For Honor is in a ****ty place at the moment. I can not find any match where there is a toxic player who has a mindset of "Im trash, but I can still win by doing this". What I mean is that there are too many players who abuse heroes in ways that set up for boring games. Every game only consits of zone spamming Glads, shieldbashing Conqs, shoulderbashing Wardens and don mafking glazing Highlanders - the list goes on and on and it's pissing me off. I do not have any sort of fun nor feeling of accomplishment while playing vs these types of players. I have countless times been killed in matches from pure shield bashes and kicks. Not because I could'nt dodge them, but because they simply wouldn't give me anything else.

They win and I lose, I leave in either anger or just a feeling of pure emptiness. My opponent haven't gained anything from it, and neither have I, only wasting our lives on making each others day worse. If you are such a player, I would encourage you to try out the game, see how it is to attack and parry attacks. Feel the rush as you make plays by playing mindgames or simply outskilling your opponent with your kit instead of using your go to spam ability.

People can't just be toxic in their way of communicating, but also in their playstyle, and It is sadly way too noticeable...

I hope some players might try out other characters and push their skill ceiling higher instead opening settings and selecting Easy difficulty as too many of us do in my opinion.

DefiledDragon
09-10-2018, 11:28 PM
In 1 v 1's? If so, go to the training arena and practice dodging and punishing them, except for Conq who can't be punished off a bash.

In 4 v 4's? Well, not much you can do about it when you're being ganked other than defend as best you can and hope that help arrives.

Charmzzz
09-11-2018, 07:20 AM
Which Character are you playing? There are not many left who are deep down in the abyss of underpowered ones...

soft473
09-11-2018, 11:31 AM
I am currently playing a lot of Nobushi in 1v1s trying to get better. I have played since beta though and I'm not that much of a tryhard. I know she can dodge a lot of things, but my problem isn't losing to these players, it's that the matches are plain boring and contain no gameplay at all, which makes me a little sad. I'd like to have fun games, rather than having to dodge people constantly because they are too afraid to do anything else.