PDA

View Full Version : Centurioin is the worst joke hero at high lvls...

TeRRYBeARS
09-10-2018, 10:18 PM
I'm currently a rep 11 centurion, full refined gear and at this rep lvl, I'm probably going to quit playing him.

There's absolutely no reason to continue when everybody can dodge his jab or kick. Any decent player or even anyone who is rep 1 and above knows how easy it is to simply dodge after he hits with a heavy because a centurions only option after that is,

Heavy > INCREDIBILIS! Jab = Gets dodged
Heavy > INCONTINENS! Unblockable Heavy = Gets parried/deflected

Even if I open with a fake heavy then feint in to guard break,

Feint Heavy > Guard Break = Gets counter guard break
Feint Heavy > Guard Break = Gets hit with light

...BECAUSE HE'S SO SLOW.

His jab & kick are one of the most important moves in his kit. He needs them to continue the chain in his combo. But why would I even attempt a combo when literally any decent player at this rep lvl already knows what is coming?

If you were able to cancel his feint cancel his JAB...that would help out...but we aren't able to do that. Instead, if we commit to the JAB...we are guaranteed to have our opponent dodge and guardbreak us because WE ARE SLOW.

Facing higher lvl opponents now, I feel the only thing I can do is hope for a heavy attack to hit so I can uppercut. And that doesn't happen often because his heavy attacks are slow and predictable. So what do I do when facing opponents now..?

Literally sitback like a turtle and then... hope a charged heavy attack lands. Was this how you designed him to be played? That's a horrible boring design...

Chobbsy99
09-10-2018, 11:47 PM
My cent is nearly rep 6 but Iíve pretty much given up on him because of this. Most of the community hate him for his Ďcutsceneí, but thatís the only thing going for him; if your opponent isnít a complete muppet theyíll never let you gb them next to a wall. Also on high level console opponents will rarely give you easy parries (light parries are just so difficult to get consistently) so you canít trigger the cutscene that way either.

Heís not unusable, there are just so many better options. If youíre scraping a win with him on duel youíre a good enough player to win 3-0 with shaman or warden.

He desperately needs a rework, or at least make his feints faster. Maybe make his kick chargeable (and feintable) like the wardenís sb? A punch like the gladiatorís would be pretty good too.

TeRRYBeARS
09-11-2018, 12:33 AM
My cent is nearly rep 6 but Iíve pretty much given up on him because of this. Most of the community hate him for his Ďcutsceneí, but thatís the only thing going for him; if your opponent isnít a complete muppet theyíll never let you gb them next to a wall. Also on high level console opponents will rarely give you easy parries (light parries are just so difficult to get consistently) so you canít trigger the cutscene that way either.

Heís not unusable, there are just so many better options. If youíre scraping a win with him on duel youíre a good enough player to win 3-0 with shaman or warden.

He desperately needs a rework, or at least make his feints faster. Maybe make his kick chargeable (and feintable) like the wardenís sb? A punch like the gladiatorís would be pretty good too.

They need to either make his kick or jab feintable. Idk why they gave this option to warden's shoulder bash...and not to cent? This ability is the one thing that activates the chain in his combo...but it's completely useless at higher lvls of play because EVERYBODY dodges it. It's sad.

DefiledDragon
09-11-2018, 12:42 AM
They could start by giving him a proper sword instead of that fish slice and what's with that hat? Does he clean toilets in his spare time or something?

Drakeawish
09-11-2018, 12:42 AM
thanks to the devs, we'll be getting 100 damage heavies and centurion will be able to leap across the arena in his upcoming rework with marching fire

Capoupacap
09-11-2018, 11:51 AM
seriously ?????

Specialkha
09-11-2018, 12:01 PM
An unblockable can't be deflected btw.

EvoX.
09-11-2018, 12:07 PM
Well I haven't complained about my main in a while, so I guess I'll jump in - Cent is countered effectively even in average-level matches. At above average you're forced to turtle indefinitely and deal your damage with parries only. At the higher levels, your only way of dealing damage is... chip. Pretty sad, honestly.

He needs a complete overhaul, or a substantial buff to some aspects of his kit in exchange for removing the cutscene, the part of his arsenal that everyone hates, or maybe making it more difficult to achieve. The good news is, only 3 heroes of the original cast are left for reworking - Shugoki, Raider and Lawbringer. After them, Centurion and Aramusha need the love badly.

Sweaty_Sock
09-11-2018, 01:53 PM
no offense but slow? He has 600ms heavies that can soft feint into gb. He needs to have his bash on heavy reworked but you'd need to trade the massive wall-splat damage in exchange. He is weaker ATM but definately still viable (particularly against assassins)

If you want to have some fun practice
1) Hardfeint within your 600ms and a manual gb... timing messes ppl (or parry if they dodge attack then heavy)
2) vary the charge timer on your heavies... you can really mess pplz timing if you mix it up
3) dash forward leap to hyper amour trade ppl from close range, uncharged bash into light.
4) throw single lights every now and then
5) mash square when you are NOT heavy attacking
6) DO NOT EVER USE BASH ON HEAVY UNLESS GUARANTEED

I learnt him to rep 8 when ppl said he was weak but shifted back to warlord... hes got alot going on (not top tier but still viable and can hit like a ton of bricks if you learn to combo heavy into heavy/feint/gb (three options you have from simply hitting their guard- DONT use bash))

AramenThePiper
09-11-2018, 02:03 PM
Aramusha would like to have a word with you

The_B0G_
09-11-2018, 02:28 PM
He needs more moves, after seeing that new female warrior for the new faction I had an idea for Centurion, the same way she traps weapons, maybe he could too, but it would lead to melee moves and take downs, but he would lose his cut scene and charged punch, and take downs would be quick and last no longer than most heroes parry punishes, a quick leg sweep takedown or hip toss followed by light damage punish with stamina drain.

Have something like, trap weapon leads to elbow in the face that wall splats to one side (remember that with this idea his cutscene combo is gone, so wall splats only get a heavy) or have another punish that comes from weapon trap that you hip toss followed by a jab, you could even make one with a headbutt that stuns.

I think playing with that idea, they might be able to make him viable again.

They could start by giving him a proper sword instead of that fish slice and what's with that hat? Does he clean toilets in his spare time or something?

Lol The gladius was the sword Roman soldiers used, it only seems ridiculous because it was meant for short stabbing motions from behind a large shield while in formation, where longer swords would be encumbering and hard to use.

I agree used alone it's not effective though, besides the fact he has pretty heavy armor compared to everyone else which would make him a handful in real life.

Vrbas1
09-11-2018, 02:42 PM
...BECAUSE HE'S SO SLOW.

You really think Cent is slow? This is a guy whose heavies come out fast enough to interrupt many attacks, whose heavies are quick enough to output on a heavy parry. His kick and charged attacks are slower yes, but with good reason. Cent is already a stamina vampire, he doesn't need anymore help in that regard. While he may not have the greatest range, he is anything but slow.

Sweaty_Sock
09-11-2018, 02:56 PM
He needs more moves, after seeing that new female warrior for the new faction I had an idea for Centurion, the same way she traps weapons, maybe he could too, but it would lead to melee moves and take downs, but he would lose his cut scene and charged punch, and take downs would be quick and last no longer than most heroes parry punishes, a quick leg sweep takedown or hip toss followed by light damage punish with stamina drain.

Have something like, trap weapon leads to elbow in the face that wall splats to one side (remember that with this idea his cutscene combo is gone, so wall splats only get a heavy) or have another punish that comes from weapon trap that you hip toss followed by a jab, you could even make one with a headbutt that stuns.

I think playing with that idea, they might be able to make him viable again.

Lol The gladius was the sword Roman soldiers used, it only seems ridiculous because it was meant for short stabbing motions from behind a large shield while in formation, where longer swords would be encumbering and hard to use.

I agree used alone it's not effective though, besides the fact he has pretty heavy armor compared to everyone else which would make him a handful in real life.

Its actually a longish sword for its day... its just you know... older than the bible.

Easiest is to remove knockdown from bash, make it feint able but only guarantee a light, and then give him a 'next light after a blocked heavy is unblock-able' to allows him to maintain pressure without the risk of that silly amount of wallspat combo damage

DefiledDragon
09-11-2018, 04:15 PM
Its actually a longish sword for its day... its just you know... older than the bible.

Well there you go then. No wonder he sucks! I bet it's as blunt as a hammer. Somebody buy him a new sword already, jeez.

The_B0G_
09-11-2018, 06:09 PM
I looked up Roman Cavalry swords for something a little longer and found the Spatha, which actually did replace the Gladius for everyone besides light infantry from the start of the 1st century up until the 6th.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spatha

I could never see them changing a characters weapon but from the looks of it, it's the same besides the length of the blade. I still think the Gladius suits his play style better though.

DefiledDragon
09-11-2018, 07:28 PM
That looks like Warlord's sword.

I'm fine with his Gladius and I'm aware of its historical significance. I was just trying to be funny.

yfkutfui
09-11-2018, 08:15 PM
its funny how people perceive things so differently isn't it? I guess I'm not high level as the Centurion is a total nightmare for me, I absolutely hate fighting them and always struggle against them and usually end up getting beat, this feint into GB/wall splat wrecking thing gets me every time, I've literally let myself get cut down by consecutive lights as I'm just waiting to counter guard break,so frightened by wall splat am I?

johansans
09-12-2018, 06:19 AM
One thing I would like to see added to Cent's moveset is the ability for charged jab to track or cancel into GB like Warden's SB, but reduce the stamina drain as it would make him too dangerous. The leaping stab shouldn't be removed as the damage is still less than Warden's top heavy which he gets after a successful charged SB. Cent's feints are also way too slow, it would be nice if it was more in line with other heroes.

frewbear
09-13-2018, 07:21 PM
I still can't let Season 2 go.
The tears of a Centurion, main or not, are the greatest elixir.
I bottle them, because I know the weeping won't last forever... unfortunately.