PDA

View Full Version : Grabbed the free starter edition from a few months back but i got a prob

Will_Always_Ela
09-10-2018, 09:54 PM
Okay so there was the free starter edition thing a month or so back and i grabbed it on my uplay account. Dont really have the best internet so i didnt immediately download and waited till my friends got around to downloading it. So i just tried to restore the backup on steam, for the game and every time a message comes up saying activate product key. I never got one and this keeps happening everytime. So i went over to my uplay launcher and it clearly says that i have the game. But i dont want to install all 50gb of the game so im wondering if theres a way this can be fixed. Thanks in advance!

littlefluffyegg
09-11-2018, 03:16 PM
you might have the wrong uplay account.

UbiInsulin
09-11-2018, 11:01 PM
Okay so there was the free starter edition thing a month or so back and i grabbed it on my uplay account. Dont really have the best internet so i didnt immediately download and waited till my friends got around to downloading it. So i just tried to restore the backup on steam, for the game and every time a message comes up saying activate product key. I never got one and this keeps happening everytime. So i went over to my uplay launcher and it clearly says that i have the game. But i dont want to install all 50gb of the game so im wondering if theres a way this can be fixed. Thanks in advance!

Did you grab the game directly through Uplay or on Steam?

Also, For Honor should not require a product key on Steam. Reinstalling Uplay and the launching the game via Steam may help (if it's the Steam version).