PDA

View Full Version : Rating games. Main problem. Devs I believe in you...

Zoltan_rus
09-09-2018, 06:58 PM
Dear, developers. I love your game For Honor. but please answer me the question, when will it be possible to play the rating? how can it be raised, if the defeated enemy leaves and the rating is not awarded? Is it really so difficult to fix this? In any other game, leaving is counted as defeat for leaver and the victory for his opponent, no matter is it disconnect or not. I do not believe that you do not see this problem in analytics. It should be on the highest priority, if you really count on the competitive status of your game

DefiledDragon
09-09-2018, 07:30 PM
It should be on the highest priority, if you really count on the competitive status of your game

They have way bigger issues than disconnects when it comes to the competitive status of their game.

Zoltan_rus
09-09-2018, 07:35 PM
It is not about disconnects it is about leaving with no penalty. Penalty for leaving of defeated enemy is for the winner, cos he doesn't get any rating points... there is no sense to play rating then

DefiledDragon
09-09-2018, 07:36 PM
It is not about disconnects it is about leaving with no penalty. Penalty for leaving of defeated enemy is for the winner, cos he doesn't get any rating points... there is no sense to play rating then

Yeah I know, that's what I meant, people purposefully d/c'ing so they don't take a loss.

DefiledDragon
09-09-2018, 07:37 PM
Every internet game suffers from this. Most of them have some kind of penalty for the person disconnecting, as you've pointed out. The games that don't have a penalty, like For Honor and Elite Dangerous suffer from this issue constantly and always will until they implement some level of arbitration.

UbiInsulin
09-09-2018, 09:10 PM
Giving ranked points to the player who doesn't leave is very much something the team is looking at: https://youtu.be/3f93vi-4STY?t=650 . That's a link to the North American version of the video, so if that doesn't display in your region, please know that it was covered in the August 16th Warrior's Den.

DefiledDragon
09-09-2018, 09:12 PM
Giving ranked points to the player who doesn't leave is very much something the team is looking at: https://youtu.be/3f93vi-4STY?t=650 . That's a link to the North American version of the video, so if that doesn't display in your region, please know that it was covered in the August 16th Warrior's Den.

Would it be possible to issue some kind of feedback loop to electrocute the player who quits?

ChocoPanda12
09-09-2018, 09:28 PM
DefiledDragon the "they have way bigger issues" phrase must be a joke. The devs actually wasted their time on nerfing the voices of all of the heroes. An aspect of the game that was completely fine and did not need any changes. I don't believe they have any idea of what their priorities should be, and yet you say they have "bigger issues"?

DefiledDragon
09-09-2018, 09:38 PM
DefiledDragon the "they have way bigger issues" phrase must be a joke. The devs actually wasted their time on nerfing the voices of all of the heroes. An aspect of the game that was completely fine and did not need any changes. I don't believe they have any idea of what their priorities should be, and yet you say they have "bigger issues"?

If they want this game to get a slot at Evo or something like that then yeah, they have bigger issues to deal with, like balance for example.

Zoltan_rus
09-10-2018, 06:17 PM
Yeah, balance is high priority but it's very difficult to adjust. Simple feature of giving the winner his rating points no matter opponent leaves or not is so simple to implement. And more players will play ranked. As for for myself I quit playing ranked games because of this issue

DefiledDragon
09-10-2018, 06:19 PM
Yeah, balance is high priority but it's very difficult to adjust. Simple feature of giving the winner his rating points no matter opponent leaves or not is so simple to implement. And more players will play ranked. As for for myself I quit playing ranked games because of this issue

They're apparently considering allocating a default win if your opponent disconnects. I think this is an acceptable solution. Sure it will suck if you get DC'd through no fault of your own and have to take a loss, but that inconvenience is far outweighed by the benefit of punishing people who quit on purpose to maintain their record.

g3g3n
09-10-2018, 06:51 PM
I already opened a thread regarding ragequitters in ranked matches, sadly it was ignored.

This should absolutely be fixed somehow, especially in ranked matches it is infuriating how a person can leave a match after they have been dealt the last blow, and the whole match will not count towards your rank advance (you will not get any rank points). How is this possible? I have defeated the other player, why is game not registering that until we are at post-match screen? It gives bitter, salty players enough time to quit.

Ubisoft can you do something about this please? It is happening way too often, and if you need proof I'm sure I'll provide 1-2 fresh screenshots within an hour. It's ruining ranked mode and making it seem really unpolished.

g3g3n
09-10-2018, 06:55 PM

Apologies, I have only now seen this reply.
Thank you for acknowledging the issue! Hope it gets resolved soon