PDA

View Full Version : Wu Lin Integration Concerns

MechaG2
09-09-2018, 04:41 AM
There are a few things about the Wu Lin I haven't seen Ubisoft discuss, and with the launch of the Marching Fire update fast approaching, I'm getting pretty concerned:

Will the Wu Lin have a faction base on the War Map to be able to participate in the Faction War against the Knights, Samurai and Vikings?
Will they have their own AI soldiers, captains, archers, pikemen, etc. for the appropriate game modes like the Knights, Samurai and Vikings do?
Will there be new maps that are Chinese themed for the different game modes?
Will they eventually receive two more Heroes so they have six like the other factions do?

It's possible Ubisoft already answered these questions and I just missed them, but I really hope the Wu Lin aren't implemented halfheartedly, and end up being more like an afterthought. They should be fully integrated so everything is equal to the other factions.

CandleInTheDark
09-09-2018, 04:49 AM
I can't answer most of it but someone asked on the Den what the emblem will be for the Wu Lin. The answer was that currently there won't be one because they are not on the map as a full faction, but when they have one can likely guess what it be (the shape around the dragon logo is, I believe, octagonal).

My take on it, and I emphasise this is a guess based on nothing more than it makes sense to me, is season nine as that will be the start of year three.

NHLGoldenKnight
09-09-2018, 07:00 AM
I am only interested in how to integrate my Wardens "longsword" into that cute Chinese assassin without my wife finding out.

Protos_88
09-09-2018, 07:30 AM
i hate new the new cincelr whre most are samurai or much. You cant rly find some more creative materials for new fighters???

MechaG2
09-12-2018, 07:25 PM
I can't answer most of it but someone asked on the Den what the emblem will be for the Wu Lin. The answer was that currently there won't be one because they are not on the map as a full faction, but when they have one can likely guess what it be (the shape around the dragon logo is, I believe, octagonal).

My take on it, and I emphasise this is a guess based on nothing more than it makes sense to me, is season nine as that will be the start of year three.

Well, the Wu Lin did have a pretty awesome emblem in the Marching Fire Open Test, and it was octagonal with a dragon. I assumed that's going to be their faction emblem.

I just want them to be implemented as a complete, legitimate faction that stands toe-to-toe with the other three factions in every respect.

UbiJurassic
09-12-2018, 07:42 PM
There are a few things about the Wu Lin I haven't seen Ubisoft discuss, and with the launch of the Marching Fire update fast approaching, I'm getting pretty concerned:

Will the Wu Lin have a faction base on the War Map to be able to participate in the Faction War against the Knights, Samurai and Vikings?
Will they have their own AI soldiers, captains, archers, pikemen, etc. for the appropriate game modes like the Knights, Samurai and Vikings do?
Will there be new maps that are Chinese themed for the different game modes?
Will they eventually receive two more Heroes so they have six like the other factions do?

It's possible Ubisoft already answered these questions and I just missed them, but I really hope the Wu Lin aren't implemented halfheartedly, and end up being more like an afterthought. They should be fully integrated so everything is equal to the other factions.
So it has been confirmed that we plan for the Wu Lin to join the Faction War, but this will not happen at the start of Marching Fire, but rather down the road. Beyond that, we don't have any specific answers to your questions at this time. We'll be looking to share more about how the Wu Lin will be integrated as we get closer to adding them into the Faction War itself.

MechaG2
09-18-2018, 07:33 PM
So it has been confirmed that we plan for the Wu Lin to join the Faction War, but this will not happen at the start of Marching Fire, but rather down the road. Beyond that, we don't have any specific answers to your questions at this time. We'll be looking to share more about how the Wu Lin will be integrated as we get closer to adding them into the Faction War itself.

I'm sorry for my late response, but I really appreciate an official reply on this matter. Thank you, UbiJurassic. This is good news. Your reply has me hopeful! https://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/biggrin.png