PDA

View Full Version : Petition for a Ground Parry System

Phoenixlight3
09-08-2018, 07:37 AM
Okay so, let me give a reason for this petition. The Highlander, Valkrye, Lawbringer, and Centorian all have knockdowns that pretty much either give a garaunted free unblockable or attack that you cant do anything to stop or a constant loop that you cant stop, and if your out of stam you can be pushed down. What I suggest is if you fall down you can still parry from over the top only. I mean no real warrior would just let you hit them even if they are laying on the ground a Conq for instance has a shield, come on he would be able to parry on the ground anyone should be able to so I suggest, a ground parry system, it will bring balance to the broken parts of the game also you do realize how much people will exploit the shaolin monk's all guard parry? just have it take a good amount of energy to do it. so that way it cant be spammed just make it take alot of energy everytime its activated that way its used sparingly and with more skill and less spam. It will give some balence. That with the ground parry will restore balence and even prosparity to for honor.

NHLGoldenKnight
09-08-2018, 10:27 AM
I actually like that idea. Something to help you defen yourself once on the ground. Also, if that is not feasible, what about option to roll out left or right?

The_B0G_
09-08-2018, 01:09 PM
This would just help turtles even more, LB's longarm is painfully slow and very punishable on a dodge, Valks sweep is still easy to dodge IMO and you also get a free GB and all both of them get a free heavy around 30 damage for a risky move that could get them GB'd hit with a free heavy.

Centurion is Centurion if you don't know how to avoid his knock down yet you should goto the arena, Cent is one of the weakest in the game right now and can only wreck people who have no clue how he works, since I learned to play him he went from my most hated character, to barely a second thought being given upon seeing somrone with him. Don't parry anything but his charged heavy, block everything else, be ready to CGB every time he throws an attack and dodge his jab after a heavy, do that and he will have nothing left to do besides try to slip a light in here or there, his kick is too slow to be useful, so I don't think he needs another nerf.

Highlander could use tweaks, his kick/toss mixup is very strong if you're using hero's without quick lights or a dodge attack. I played HL when he released right up until his buff, and without that kick/toss mixup the way it is, he's not very good. Hyper armor on heavy attacks activates too late into the animation to be useful and all of his attacks are slow, I get light parried pretty often while using him. If someone turtles enough all he has is kick/toss to deal with it.

I don't think ground parrying would be a good thing for the game though, once someone masters it they could be unpunishable.

Stamina management is part of the game, if you get knocked down, you shouldn't get a way out of it, you already were outplayed, as far as the guys who can knock you down without you being OOS, besides HL they are not strong heroes, Cent and LB are bottom tier, Valk is okay but not top tier, so this would only nerf the weaker characters in the game.

Tyrjo
09-08-2018, 01:24 PM
Why should any of those mentioned characters risk performing Sweep, Caber Toss or Charged Punch (which all can be punished with a GB) if the attack they make after landing said move can be parried? There is only risk involved, no reward.

EvoX.
09-08-2018, 02:31 PM
Terrible, terrible idea. A definite no.

Zephyr.III
09-08-2018, 03:25 PM
This is such a dumb idea, you get a chance to dodge the initial attack, if you don't you get caught and damaged. You're just asking for another chance to protect yourself because you didn't avoid the first attack.

NHLGoldenKnight
09-08-2018, 07:15 PM
Not dumb at all if first strike would be guaranteed but others could be blocked or roll away option. Because there is so much inconsistency when it comes how many times you are hit while on the ground. Sometimes it is just once, but some heroes like Orochi can land up to three strikes before you even get up. That is BS in 4v4 where with so many Centurions and now Valks, landing on your butt is almost guaranteed. But punish for that is too strong.

Phoenixlight3
09-09-2018, 03:49 AM
Okay so, let me give a reason for this petition. The Highlander, Valkrye, Lawbringer, and Centorian all have knockdowns that pretty much either give a garaunted free unblockable or attack that you cant do anything to stop or a constant loop that you cant stop, and if your out of stam you can be pushed down. What I suggest is if you fall down you can still parry from over the top only. I mean no real warrior would just let you hit them even if they are laying on the ground a Conq for instance has a shield, come on he would be able to parry on the ground anyone should be able to so I suggest, a ground parry system, it will bring balance to the broken parts of the game also you do realize how much people will exploit the shaolin monk's all guard parry? just have it take a good amount of energy to do it. so that way it cant be spammed just make it take alot of energy everytime its activated that way its used sparingly and with more skill and less spam. It will give some balence. That with the ground parry will restore balence and even prosparity to for honor.

I give the sugestion because on how much ganking is going on when two centoians a shugoki and highlander are on you revenge cant save you. I know ive tried getting out of the situation once the two centorians are rushing you down their is not much you can do. yes you get a chance to dodge it but the ground parry is ment to help against ganking and wont protect your sides if struck by side attacks. That and using it should hurt your stamina as well as the enemies to bring balence. im asking for more realism and balence. And yes it could potentially help the turtles but when your having 4v1s all the time from the lack of teamwork on your team and we all have had that happem this will help make it less one sided.