PDA

View Full Version : Orochi....

xXYumChopsXx
09-06-2018, 12:21 AM
I dont want to think about how many people complain about this guy I played 10 1v1s and 7 of them was Orochi's with me just getting Light spammed to death I thought when the do that dumb crouching position thing they could only go one way but apparently not when the do their dumb digital dash to the left or wherever I cant escape I cant even block when the do their dumb crouching business from light years away and apparently have F1 acceleration attacking them doesn't stop the attack ive looked at youtube tutorials and ive been in practice but I cant deal with theses guys I remember hearing about how they nerfed him and I know Ubisoft isn't know for balanced games...but can someone tell me how to deal with these Orochi players or something....anything :/

LEGENDz_31
09-06-2018, 12:37 AM
So much is wrong with this post that Iím not sure how to respond. First, I have a hard time believing that you went against Orochiís 7 out of 10 times. I duel or brawl all the time and I come across warden WAYY more.

Light spam I agree with a bit but it is the way the devs are doing a lot of there reworks. I donít love it but I will tell you it doesnít work against higher ups. You have to use lights and heavyís or you will be parried a lot.

Storm rush is easy to defend doesnt matter what side he is coming at if you hit him with a simple light. There are other things the orochi can do from storm rush but it doesnít sound like you even encountered that.

Side dodge light is very easily parried and almost always blocked unless you are swinging like a wild man.

DefiledDragon
09-06-2018, 12:55 AM
Don't get aggressive against him or he will destroy you. He's good against overly aggressive players who swing for the fences. If you play defensively he'll have a really hard time opening you up and you can just parry his lights and demolish him.

NHLGoldenKnight
09-06-2018, 01:09 AM
Become one, lol. When I have spammer Orochi, next match I take Orochi and spam back. They really hate taste of their own medicine :D

As for Orochi, I do think he is almost perfectly created hero but there are some technical issues for making him annoying and very hard to react to. On ps4, fps is lower plus game has far from perfect connection. There is too much lag for most people to be consistent agains Orochi. There are games where I can block half of his lights, but there are those where I keep getting hit no matter what. Doing those punishes after deflect as Orochi is coolest thing ever thought.

I would like for him to lose just a little bit of his speed and get one unblockable as compensation. Simply put, his "rate of fire" is too high right now.

Nose1234F
09-06-2018, 05:30 AM
It took me a while to get used to him, all I can say is play defensively. It sucks because ir probably scaring a lot of new players. I myself abandoned the game for a while because of Orochi, then tried to learn how to counter him and now he is just another hero.

xXYumChopsXx
09-06-2018, 10:38 AM
Ive been coming across orchis more than wardens but I dont find wardens an issue as i beat them frequently

xXYumChopsXx
09-06-2018, 10:40 AM
thanks for the tips though its going to help a lot

LEGENDz_31
09-06-2018, 01:21 PM
No problem buddy. I know orochi can seem very hard to face at first but when you learn how limited he is you will feel differently. I love going against them. I think Dragon gave excellent advice. Our strength is going against aggressors. We struggle against patient opponents. I know easier said then done until you are comfortable blocking our 500ms first light. Good luck

Veldaz
09-06-2018, 02:11 PM
Don't get aggressive against him or he will destroy you. He's good against overly aggressive players who swing for the fences. If you play defensively he'll have a really hard time opening you up and you can just parry his lights and demolish him.

that's both true AND false. It's going to depend on each player you come across. Most people just do "noob spam". But anyone that ACTUALLY fights smart will at least be on par with a defensive foe.

Although even experienced players will light attack a lot (hey, it works. Toss in the odd heavy), but they at least time their attacks AND approaches of the enemy very carefully. I get at least 50/50 results out of defensive opponents on guard. If anything I might die more to the offensive ones.

beerbariandh
09-06-2018, 02:21 PM
I find that the Orochi player who only does the light spam also cannot defend. If your main is an assassin you have enough speed to side dodge or attack before the Orochi and if you keep on the offensive more often than not its a massacre. I get a small grin if I get beat by one to switch to Shugoki and time the charged attack. After one swing they are dead. Makes me feel warm inside.