PDA

View Full Version : Ranked is hell of a mess ...

Trenk2009
09-05-2018, 09:27 PM
Current status: My MMR is way higher than my rank. How I now it ? In normal I'm matchmaked with Alernakin, Faraam, Havok, Arkansas, Clutch, etc ... But I'm not even master.

So, here are the facts:
1) Game almost perpetually tells me that I'm "higher than my ennemi" -> This is logic considering my MMR.
2) When I win, I win between 5 and 10% -> This seems that the game is telling me "Sorry, you were obviously too good for that opponent, we can't give you too much for it" Alright game.
3) I loose to the same opponent.I loose between 5 and 10% -> So here the game is contradicting it self. He gave me nothing when i won despite being "above" but didn't made me loose much neither.
4) Now in the rare cases where I am not above: When i win, i still win between 5 and 10%, and when I loose I still loose between 5 and 10%. All of this, despite me being equal or inferior.

So what this seems to show is that the ranking system only care about your rank. If you are Diamond 3 and fight a Diamond 3, even if his MMR is twice or half yours, it doesn't matter.
That is dumb. That needs to get fixed.

This is my case. Other people I know are in other messy garbage: some win +0% every game; other loose and wins huge numbers sometimes close to 200%.

RANKED IS HELL OF A MESS RIGHT NOW

Here's what devs need to do imo:

1) When the game consider you are above your opponent AND you win easily (3-0) -> + 60% -> Meaning: you are obviously way better so you need to play against better players.
2) When the game consider you are above your opponent AND you win a close match (3-2 or 3-1) -> +10% Meaning: You struggled despite being supposed to be way better so we can't let you go up fast.
3) When the game consider you are above your opponent BUT you loose a close match (2-3 or 1-3) -> -10% Meaning: You lost despite being supposedly better, but according to the score it may just be bad luck or hero balance issues.
4) When the game consider you are above your opponent BUT you loose easily (0-3) -> -60% Meaning: You lost despite being supposedly better, and according to your match score you don't deserve to be that high.

1) When the game consider you are slightly above your opponent AND you win easily (3-0) -> +50% Meaning: you are obviously better so you need to play against better players.
2) When the game consider you are slightly above your opponent AND you win a close match (3-1 or 3-0) -> +20% Meaning: You struggled despite being supposed to be quite better so we can't let you go up fast.
3) When the game consider you are slightly above your opponent BUT you loose a close match (1-3 or 2-3) -> -20% Meaning: You lost despite being supposedly a bit better, but according to the score it may just be bad luck or hero balance issues.
4) When the game consider you are slightly above your opponent BUT you loose easily (0-3) -> -50% Meaning: You lost despite being supposedly better, and according to your match score you don't deserve to be that high.

1) When the game consider you are equal to your opponent AND you win easily (3-0) -> +40% Meaning: you are obviously way better so you need to play against better players. But since it doesn't feet with you current MMR, you'll need to win a bit more than if you were above.
2) When the game consider you are equal to your opponent AND you win a close match (3-1 or 3-2) -> +25% Meaning: You struggled but it's normal considering your mmr.
3) When the game consider you are equal to your opponent BUT you loose a close match (2-3 or 1-3) -> -25% Meaning: You struggled but it's ok considering your mmr.
4) When the game consider you are equal to your opponent BUT you loose easily (0-3) -> -40% Meaning: You lost easily despite being supposedly as skilled as he is, so you'll get down.

1) When the game consider you are slightly lower than you opponent BUT you win easily (3-0) -> +60% Meaning: Congrats for beating someone who was supossedly better than you
2) When the game consider you are slightly lower than you opponent BUT you win a close match -> +30% Meaning: Congrats for beating someone who was supposedly better than you, but considering you struggled we can't give you that much of a boost.
3) When the game consider you are slightly lower than your opponent AND you loose a close match -> -30 Meaning: Your mmr indicates you are less skilled than your opponent, and sinced you struggled but still loose you need to go lower to face opponents with your mmr.
4) When the game consider you are slightly lower than you opponent AND you loose easily -> -60% Meaning: Sorry but obviously you weren't just "slightly" lower, you need to go down a lot to find opponents of your skill.

1) When the game consider you are lower than your opponent BUT you win easily (3-0) -> +70% Meaning: Wow ! Congrats ! You obviously deserve to be way higher !
2) When the game consider you are lower than your opponent BUT you win a close match (3-2 or 3-1) -> +40% Meaning: You may have been lucky ! But still well done !
3) When the game consider you are lower than your opponent AND you loose a close match (2-3 or 1-3) -> -40% Meaning: Your mmr seems to be right, you need to get way lower.
4) When the game consider you are lower than your opponent AND you loose easily (0-3) -> -70% Meaning: Your mmr is right, you have nothing to do here.