PDA

View Full Version : Winning is all that matters meta

ReyLechuga
09-05-2018, 05:54 PM
I've been playing for honor for a few months now, and im starting to hate the community. I play for honor for fun. I'd rather lose and have fun than win and being bored. Unfortunately, this is not the case for the majority of for honor players. People would just trow you off cliffs in duels or brawls in order to win. They emote at the beggining of a match in order to land a free hit on me. They use revenge and other cheap stuff just to win. They use only 1 move throughout the whole game just to win. People are starting to see this game as a relief for their personal problems. People with no manners, people with household problems whose parents dont love him, people who think they are being funny and edgy, kids...

DefiledDragon
09-05-2018, 06:25 PM
If you play on PC feel free to add me, I'll always give you a fair fight with no cheese.

Alustar.
09-05-2018, 06:36 PM
I really dislike topics like this. That's not always the case, really, and you don't know any of that. It's all batteries assumptions about another players mental state based off of a few lost matches. And honestly topics like that are just as damaging to the community as the players you are upset about.

I play to have fun. I also maintain an objective of "win the match at all costs" but I don't get triggered if I lose. And if I start to notice my own tensions rising, I'll step away, smoke, walk the dog and come back later.

Bottom line is, most fighting games have some form of environmental hazards you need to be wary of or risk falling victim to them. The single move spam can be countered with practice, and the emote spam is simply done to aggregate you and cause you to play more aggressively and open yourself up to mistake exploitation.

In short, enhance your calm John Spartan.

bannex19
09-05-2018, 07:36 PM
Um welcome to any competitive fighting game?

PVE has a better community.

PvPing strangers is a mixed bag, join one of the factions discord groups and be social. You will find good people to fight.

Im sorry you're not enjoying the community but as with any game it's what you put into it.

ReyLechuga
09-05-2018, 08:19 PM
I've never gotten angry over a game, for real. A guy that used to be in the same class as me was just like the people i described. He had household problems, he had adictions problems, he wanted everyones attetion. I also play league of legends. I usually try to add people who meet my ''Metal Issues kind of person'' and talk about why they have such a behavior. And turst me when i say this, its easy to know when someone has problems and wheter or not they are liyng. Im upset, but not angry. Im not upset bc i lost a few matches, im upset bc of some for honor players.

bannex19
09-05-2018, 08:23 PM
I've never gotten angry over a game, for real. A guy that used to be in the same class as me was just like the people i described. He had household problems, he had adictions problems, he wanted everyones attetion. I also play league of legends. I usually try to add people who meet my ''Metal Issues kind of person'' and talk about why they have such a behavior. And turst me when i say this, its easy to know when someone has problems and wheter or not they are liyng. Im upset, but not angry. Im not upset bc i lost a few matches, im upset bc of some for honor players.

Well this got weird fast. Good luck dude, stay away from those ledges!

ArchDukeInstinct
09-05-2018, 08:35 PM
Just do it back to them but even worse.

Arekonator
09-05-2018, 08:37 PM
If you can tell all that from simple fact that guy is playing to win, you would make ton of money as counselor...