PDA

View Full Version : Petition to restore valk to glory

xIBlacKmaNIx
09-04-2018, 04:51 PM
Im probably repeating what other ppl have already posted, im just hoping ubisoft actually gets the message and listens to their fanbase!!

I only play valk before and only play her after re-work. And after all the hours i can honestly say valk in her current state is nothing but a spammy one trick pony.

I was 20th in the world rankings with valk if that makes any difference, Now she has lost her competitive edge completely, everything that made her unique and the core move set that required skill has been taken away and replaced with a few more "combos".

Im sorry ubi but adding a couple more combos while taking away her unique style isnt making a better character! you have essentially sucked the fun out of her. So much so that she cant be played competitively anymore! i use to love it but shes so bad now. And boring af.

So Valk mains i need your voices!!

Lets speak up and make the change!!

The_B0G_
09-04-2018, 05:46 PM
It is sad how so many reworks are being based off of light spam, I hope they turn away from that style of rework, Kensei was such a good rework, warden is close to being good, his SB is a little BS right now. The rest are just light spam and HA.

I will say that the Valk is better than before though, I never gave her a second thought before her pre work, but her style has been gutted.

DefiledDragon
09-04-2018, 06:51 PM
The roster is slowly but surely being made "accessible" to new players. Is it a good thing or a bad thing? Well, that depends on the kind of player you are. If you're the kind of player that believes that video games should challenge you and reward skilful play then you probably feel it's a bad thing. If, on the other hand, you like to feel like an unstoppable God or don't like having to commit to practising to master a games mechanics overly much then you probably think it's a good thing. I know I'm generalising a fair bit there, but that's pretty much how I see it.

At the end of the day Ubisoft is a business and they want to be able to make as much money as possible from each of their IP's, so they want as many people as possible to play For Honor and buy steel packs and DLC etc... so they're going to make it accessible to as many players as they can.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
09-04-2018, 10:54 PM
I mained val in dominion. She was better before. I've already said why many times. Ive also stated what the rework should have been. All of it has echoed in the sound of silence and over tided by the voices of noobs shouting "Dahhh, she's so much better now."

Lord_Cherubi
09-04-2018, 11:52 PM
Imo fighting games should always force you to learn your character and even more importantly your opponent's moveset. Accessibility shouldn't be gained by making most of the characters this straightforward...

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
09-05-2018, 12:07 AM
I will say that the Valk is better than before though, I never gave her a second thought before her pre work, but her style has been gutted.

.....Case in point.

UbiJurassic
09-05-2018, 02:22 AM
Im probably repeating what other ppl have already posted, im just hoping ubisoft actually gets the message and listens to their fanbase!!

I only play valk before and only play her after re-work. And after all the hours i can honestly say valk in her current state is nothing but a spammy one trick pony.

I was 20th in the world rankings with valk if that makes any difference, Now she has lost her competitive edge completely, everything that made her unique and the core move set that required skill has been taken away and replaced with a few more "combos".

Im sorry ubi but adding a couple more combos while taking away her unique style isnt making a better character! you have essentially sucked the fun out of her. So much so that she cant be played competitively anymore! i use to love it but shes so bad now. And boring af.

So Valk mains i need your voices!!

Lets speak up and make the change!!

We understand how near and dear Valk is to a lot of players and the team is keeping an eye on how the rework is performing. I'll make sure to forward the feedback along to the team and should we have new balance changes to the hero, I'll be sure to share those to everyone.

GayForShugoki
09-05-2018, 02:25 AM
The funny thing about these, "You ruined ______!" threads is that no one actually provides in-depth feedback on how to fix the character that was ruined.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
09-05-2018, 03:48 AM
The funny thing about these, "You ruined ______!" threads is that no one actually provides in-depth feedback on how to fix the character that was ruined.
First... Love the name! Second, your wrong I have discussed it at length and would be happy to discuss it.

Give val back all her chains
Give her back her shield stuff that was nerfed
Reduce her heavy damage a little
Give val shamans "any direction" jump attack only at vals distance.
Give her a headbutt/light opener similar to warlords chainable or unchainable Idc
Keep her light and sweep speed
Give her an unblockable second heavy like a mix between wardens and raiders.
Keep lhl (chain fake)
Keep lhh (for unblockable)
Her hl sweep use to be nearly guaranteed
Take away her current shieldbash light guaranteed spam.
This is what I would do.

Previous openers for those that said she didn't have any.
1. when prestarting or unlocking the chain sweep
2. Shieldbash to near 50/50 ..sweeps gb..light
3. Shield tackle charge fake to jump top light.

Tyrfing_.
09-05-2018, 08:43 AM
To me, she is more fun now than she was before. Plays more fluent. Plus, she is more successful now than before.
Could it be done even better? Probably, but so far I like the rework.

Buggy.Blaster
09-05-2018, 09:09 AM
issue with her now is if they go back u have mad people and if you leave her there will be mad people.. Is there a balance in between the 2 that might work? Maybe keep some new stuff but try to add a few older things too that made her unique and fun?

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
09-05-2018, 10:18 PM
To me, she is more fun now than she was before. Plays more fluent. Plus, she is more successful now than before.
Could it be done even better? Probably, but so far I like the rework.

She is less fluid now as there are pause frames on her moveset now where before she was infinite with multiple combos. If you meant fluent as in the accuracy and learning curve for new players I would agree with you.
And yes I'm aware she has more combos listed now but it all revolves around spam shield bash rather than the sweep itself. She was an infinite disabled now she is just spam imo. I rarely play her now. She is not a boss anymore. That is why I usually play shugoki now.

ArchDukeInstinct
09-05-2018, 10:39 PM

Yeah but if you do, it just gets ignored anyway.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
09-05-2018, 11:51 PM
Yeah but if you do, it just gets ignored anyway.

UbiJurassic replied which is good. I dont know what is meant by performance but I'm sure it will be a justification for the gutted rework rather than an apology and a regressive rework...which should have been done in the first place.

ArchDukeInstinct
09-06-2018, 12:19 AM
UbiJurassic replied which is good. I dont know what is meant by performance but I'm sure it will be a justification for the gutted rework rather than an apology and a regressive rework...which should have been done in the first place.

That's true but in general on these forums, virtually all posters are just going to ignore it.

tehemperorer
09-06-2018, 05:42 PM
Fighting games should be designed by people that actually played fighting games and understood why they work and how they're to be properly balanced

The_B0G_
09-07-2018, 12:23 PM
First... Love the name! Second, your wrong I have discussed it at length and would be happy to discuss it.

Give val back all her chains
Give her back her shield stuff that was nerfed
Reduce her heavy damage a little
Give val shamans "any direction" jump attack only at vals distance.
Give her a headbutt/light opener similar to warlords chainable or unchainable Idc
Keep her light and sweep speed
Give her an unblockable second heavy like a mix between wardens and raiders.
Keep lhl (chain fake)
Keep lhh (for unblockable)
Her hl sweep use to be nearly guaranteed
Take away her current shieldbash light guaranteed spam.
This is what I would do.

Previous openers for those that said she didn't have any.
1. when prestarting or unlocking the chain sweep
2. Shieldbash to near 50/50 ..sweeps gb..light
3. Shield tackle charge fake to jump top light.

Lol wow, would you like the devs to give you an instant win button as well?

In no way would your changes be balanced even slightly, she would be a monster. She probably could have just used a damage buff with her old kit and it probably would have worked, but giving her old kit back, keeping her light spam and stealing a bunch of good moves from other characters kits isn't going to happen.

Valk is good enough to compete with any character at the moment, and she wasn't pre-rework. She lost some of her fluidness and flow, but gained a useful kit.

Dry.Fish
09-07-2018, 03:05 PM
At her current state keep her...

New chains.
New deflect.
New sweep and punish.
New light finishers that stun and wall splat.
New damage increase including her superior block and heavy heavy heavy chain.

Things that should be changed or reverted...

Charged shield bash with all block properties and to be able to cancel it with a dodge.
Shield crush should only be soft feinted from neutral and after a blocked or successful heavy.
Old side dodge attack and the ability to cancel sheild bash to forward dodge attack.
The window for her sweep punish to be larger or her old controls back.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
09-07-2018, 10:03 PM
Lol wow, would you like the devs to give you an instant win button as well?

In no way would your changes be balanced even slightly, she would be a monster. She probably could have just used a damage buff with her old kit and it probably would have worked, but giving her old kit back, keeping her light spam and stealing a bunch of good moves from other characters kits isn't going to happen.

Valk is good enough to compete with any character at the moment, and she wasn't pre-rework. She lost some of her fluidness and flow, but gained a useful kit.

All I did was prove the person wrong and youre assuming too much. Mine and your opinion are very different on her prior and current state. Honestly I expect the devs to use the new speed and damage data stats to justify the crap kit because there is no comparable data.

Jediknight482
09-07-2018, 10:27 PM
Valk was garbage until now. lol literally top 3 worst characters for over a year. haha, no, she will never go back to that trash.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
09-07-2018, 10:50 PM
Valk was garbage until now. lol literally top 3 worst characters for over a year. haha, no, she will never go back to that trash.

Val did need a rework. No one is objecting that.