PDA

View Full Version : Skill System Broken!

Emothic
09-03-2018, 06:35 PM
I've been playing a few different matches today, on Xbox, and the game keeps matchmaking me with players that are far more powerful then I am. I've only been playing the game for about 9 hours, bought it on saturday when it was free on Xbox Live. Of which my most powerful character is my 0 Reputation level 20 warden. So the game has been matching me against players whose, i'm guessing overall profite are 15+ reputation. With characters with 110+ item gear level. My gear is only level 25! Even more so is that the game syats that I'm "On Par" with my team and the enemy in skill level. There is no god damn way that is possible! Some times I get close to beat them, but I still lose all of my damn engagements.

I only done three different matchmaking search matches and now I'm done for playing today. No point in me playing if I can't ever win becuase I'm having to fight against more skilled players with 5 times better equipment then me.

Update: Decided to keep playing, now I'm being put into matches where I'm too good. And there other players are not skilled enough. What the hell?

NHLGoldenKnight
09-03-2018, 07:34 PM
Since you are referring to gear stats, my guess is that you are talking about 4v4, Dominion?

If so, don't try to be hero. Stick to at least one of your team members, try to win points by capturing zones, clearing minions , assisting your team any way you can. Many try to focus only on killing, but Dominion can be so much more, I usually I am getting a lot of points and lead my team, although I am rarely first in terms of kills.

This game is not just very challenging, but it suffers from connection issues, poor matchmaking and balancing. It is important to focus on having a fun more than achieving results, otherwise you will burn out quickly and stop playing it. Enjoy exploring different heroes and maps, gear customization etc....

PS, don't invest a lot of steel in gear stats since, Ubi is removing them in a month or so. They are greedy enough to still continue with charging steel for it, but most will be useless soon.

Emothic
09-03-2018, 08:37 PM
I was playing 4v4 team deathmatch when this happened. I like playing domination, but I get really tired of being the only one that ever captures the objectives. Anyways, I was playing the team deathmatch. I decided to switch off to domination and that's when I stopped getting over matched on matchmaking. But then I kept getting under matched where I was better then other players. Not sure if the matchmaking/skill system is struggling to keep me where I'm at because the game was free to download and so tens of thousands of new players are now playing.