PDA

View Full Version : Forget the ####... Is Ubi gonna fix this games many bugs?

Trent001
04-26-2005, 10:55 PM
I'm about ready to throw this game in the god #### bin! It looks great a I love it to death but's like a lover you can't live with and can't live without!! Is there going to be another patch?? I would search the forums except the search function hasn't been working for months!! I've contact UbiSoft support about numerous crashing/freezing/graphics corruption issues, and aside from treating me like a #### (ie. Have you tried defragmenting you HD?) they can't give me any real help. The problems with this game are killing it in my opinion, and I'm not talking about historical inaccuracy etc, I mean just not being able to play a stable session without some sort of crash occuring. Don't get me started on Starforce!! Anyway, I know not everyone has problems, but this game seems to have a higher proportion of bugs then others. Take Pacific Fighters for example. Out of the box, I havn't had a single problem and it is quite well supported if you have any issues. Please release a major patch and fix this games problems...

Trent001
04-26-2005, 10:55 PM
I'm about ready to throw this game in the god #### bin! It looks great a I love it to death but's like a lover you can't live with and can't live without!! Is there going to be another patch?? I would search the forums except the search function hasn't been working for months!! I've contact UbiSoft support about numerous crashing/freezing/graphics corruption issues, and aside from treating me like a #### (ie. Have you tried defragmenting you HD?) they can't give me any real help. The problems with this game are killing it in my opinion, and I'm not talking about historical inaccuracy etc, I mean just not being able to play a stable session without some sort of crash occuring. Don't get me started on Starforce!! Anyway, I know not everyone has problems, but this game seems to have a higher proportion of bugs then others. Take Pacific Fighters for example. Out of the box, I havn't had a single problem and it is quite well supported if you have any issues. Please release a major patch and fix this games problems...

RedTerex
04-26-2005, 11:59 PM
It is hoped that another patch may be released to us soon due to so many requesting it..and yes its needed, although there has been no verification of this from Ubi..as far as I am aware.

It is always sad to read that someone has had many problems with SHIII and their enjoyment has been spoiled.

Lets hope that most if not all of our issues with SHIII will be addressed in the not to distant future.

irreg77
04-27-2005, 12:38 AM
I uninstalled pretty much all of the games I had on my pc (including Pacific Fighters) and SH3 runs pretty smoothly. Only issue I have is the black flashing on the horizon. Is this the black sun that was supposed to be fixed with one of the patches? Other than that the game runs fine http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

peter0101
04-27-2005, 09:45 PM
Hi Trent001,

I had heaps of different problems, and couldn't hardly play. Ubi Support couldn't solve.

Have upgraded RAM, from 512MB to 1.5GB, now NO PROBLEMS.

Trent001
04-27-2005, 11:07 PM
Thanks for that suggestion Re: RAM. I just upgraded from 512Mb to 1Gb - Bugger! I wonder whether an extra 512Mb will make a difference? I might borrow some and try it rather then forking out more money to try and get this game working...

peter0101
04-29-2005, 07:55 AM
Just a couple of points about whether RAM could solve your problem (these are also true of processors and graphics cards, I have a P4 3Ghz and Radeon 9600Pro)

Do you crash in the main or in the career screens sometimes? Do you crash saving games sometimes. Do you ALWAYS crash exiting patrols and returning to base (this operation requires a lot of RAM? Does it take more than a sec or so to go to Save Screen from a patrol?

If the answer is yes to most or all of these then it is very likely the RAM (if your processor or graphics card are good enough).

I have played many games but this is the absolute cake when it comes to RAM - I do not believe it will run at all on Min Spec of 512MB. I never thought that a lack of RAM would cause a program to crash in so many different ways as I experienced as well, but there you go, you learn something everyday.

BTW, I hope you get the game going like I did eventually, its great, and I am very happy now. Keep trying!

Franzen
04-29-2005, 08:02 AM
Trent, try posting your pc specs. A lot of guyz here(I'm not one of them)know a lot about this stuff. Step by step to solving problems bro.

Fritz Franzen

dmm_u333
04-29-2005, 08:05 AM
well, i'm happily running this game on the following shed:

512mb ram
Celeron (i think 1600mhz)
Radeon err, not sure, old but has 256mb

No crashes, no black flickers, just a great game. the only problem i've had was resolved by updating the sound drivers (MY FAULT).
the game is slow to load though. guess i need a new machine!

OneTinSoldier77
04-29-2005, 10:57 AM
I thought I'd list some possible reasons behind the cause of system problems/instability.

chkdsk. A simple 'chkdsk' on a command prompt to make sure there are no filesystem problems that need fixing. WinXP usually handles this automatically when you reboot after it has detected an error in the filesystem. But ya never know, so just to be sure you might want to run a chkdsk.

DxDiag. You could run DxDiag, run through all the tests and then see if it's reporting any problems. You can also try turning down the 'Hardware Acceleration' slider on the Sound tab and see if that cures your problem. Click the 'Save All Information' button(on the very first 'Tab' that DxDiag displays when you start it) and save the text file somewhere. Open up the text file and then copy and paste it's contents on the forum here for people to look at. You'd be surprised the number of times problems have been solved by doing this.

If you have Dr. Watson enabled(enabled by default on WinXP) then look at it's log file and open it up with Wordpad. First, click [ Start --> Run --> drwtsn32 --> press Enter --> look at 'Log File Path' at the very top ]. Go to where that log file is stored on your hard drive and then open it up with Wordpad. It might be helpful if post the details contained in it concerning the crash. This suggestion does not lead to a cure for problems as often as posting the 'DxDiag' information and is usually only helpful to a Developer.

Mods. Some Unofficial modifications to an application can sometimes causes instability. Make sure you are running an unmodified installation of the software before seeking help with problems.

PSU. A cheap or faulty PSU(Power Supply Unit, or just 'Power Supply'). Or, one that is not neccessarily faulty, but does not supply the system with enough Power(juice, hehe). Your PSU must have a high enough power rating to supply all your components with enough juice. If you have quite a number of PCI addon cards, hard drives, optical drives and other types of hardware attached that draw power then the PSU must be up to the task. Newer Video Cards require quite a bit of power compared to ones from the old days. The Power Supply is one of the more underrated components in a PC. The Power Supply is actually pretty darned important.

Loose PCI Cards. PCI Cards that are not firmly in their slot. If a PCI card is even just slightly loose it can cause problems. You might want to turn off your computer and then open up your case and pull each card out and then stick it back in. Sometimes you can't tell just by looking.

Overheating. If your system's CPU or Northbridge chip is getting too hot then you will have system instablities that rear their ugly head when you run resource intensive applications(such as games). You might be able to determine this by taking off the side cover of your PC, and then get a fan and point it so that it is blowing right into the inside of your system.

IRQ Sharing conflicts. Some PCI slots share IRQ's(Interrupt Requests) with each other. You can usualy find this information in the manual for your motherboard. Some PCI addon cards are capable of handling this. Some are not. For instance, IIRC one of the PCI slots in my machine shares an IRQ with the AGP slot(which is where my video card is). SO, I made sure that my Sound Card is not in the PCI slot that shares the IRQ with the AGP slot. In fact, I made sure to not put anything in the PCI slot that shares the IRQ with the AGP slot.

Drivers. You should make sure you have the latest BIOS for your motherboard, the latest Chipset drivers for you motherboard, the latest Sound Card driver, the latest driver for your network card, the latest driver for your Mouse, the latest driver for your Monitor. If there is a driver for your mouse and/or monitor that is. My monitor has a driver that came as a .inf file. There may even perhaps be other hardware you have that requires drivers. Note: When it comes to Video Card drivers the latest one is not neccessarily the best one.

RAM. You could possibly have a bad stick of RAM. Or your RAM could just plain be unstable. Here is a little story I have about a situation I had with some RAM.

--------------------------------------

I put my system together and purchased some Mushkin Low Latency RAM(Special 2-2-2) made from Winbond BH-6 chips. You had to bump up the vDimm voltage(voltage supplied to the ram modules) in your BIOS to 2.65v in order to use this memory. I had two 512 MB sticks of this RAM so I could run in Dual Channel mode. Well, one of those first two sticks was bad right off the bat. Fortunately for me, Muskin's main office is in the city I live in. So I took it down there and they exchanged it for me. They had run 'memtest86' on it and said it checked out ok. When I put it in my system I had 'Fast Boot' disabled in my BIOS and it checked out fine. Disabling the 'Fast Boot' option in your BIOS causes your system to run a check on the RAM, not as thorough of a check as a utlity such as memtest86 though.

Everything was fine, it seemed. Well, the problem for me was I would be playing a BF1942 mod called 'Forgotten Hope' and eventually my game would either crash with an error(this would happen a number of times throughout the day), or I would get a loud digital screeching sound, the screen would go black, my hard drive would go thunk, and then my system would spontaneously reboot(happened once or twice a day). On somewhat rare occasion I would also have a subtle error when I booted WinXP. I would get a message that said, 'One of the system registry files is corrupt and had to be recovered from a backup copy. The recovery was successful.'

It took some months before I really started having these problems. But they did happen and started to happen more and more frequently over time. And I lived with them for some time(because I could use my comuter for hours until the problem occured). I finally got fed up enough to where I started trying to think about what the problem could be. Eventually, for reasons hard to explain, I came to the conclusion that something was getting hosed up in memory. So I went into my BIOS and disabled the 'Fast Bootup' option. Again, when this is disabled it runs a test on your RAM. It got to 470 MB's and then had a R/W(read/write) error.

Well, my Mushkin RAM had a lifetime warranty on it. So I called them up and the fellow explained that the Winbond BH-6 stuff I had was a hit or miss proposition(yeah, pretty much miss I thought to myself, lol). He told me that they now had some modules that is made from a different process than the old BH-6 stuff, is very stable, doesn't require a bump in the vDimm voltage, and it has the Low-Latency memory timing capability(CAS/RAS 2-2-2). And that they would give me the newer stuff in exchange for the old Winbond BH-6 modules I currently had, since they were bad. After the exchange for the newer and better stuff, I have had 100 percent rock solid stability.

--------------------------------------

It's hard to know if your problem is even a driver problem at all. It could be something else altogether, like a BIOS setting or some other configuration problem. But other folks might be able to try and help you out better if you could list your System Specifications similar to the following example....

System Specs:

Intel 3.4C(C = Northwood) on Asus P4C800-E Deluxe(Intel 875P + ICH5R Chipset), Zalman 7000a-Cu HS/Fan, Enermax RG651P-VE 550W PSU, 1 GB Muskin High Performance(2-2-2) PC3200 RAM, NEC MultiSync FE2111SB 21" Monitor, ATI(Sapphire) Radeon X800 XT PE Videocard with v5.4 Catalyst Drivers, DirectX 9.0c, Creative Audigy2 Soundcard, 250 GB w/8 MB Cache Western Digital HDD, WinXP Pro SP2

It gives people a starting point with trying to troubleshoot the problem.

Hope that helps,

One Tin Soldier
----------------------------------------------
Nice helpful post, thanks for taking time out to post this up for members who may be suffering from some of the issues you have covered RT

Wolfar777
04-29-2005, 06:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Trent001:
I'm about ready to throw this game in the god **** bin! It looks great a I love it to death but's like a lover you can't live with and can't live without!! Is there going to be another patch?? I would search the forums except the search function hasn't been working for months!! I've contact UbiSoft support about numerous crashing/freezing/graphics corruption issues, and aside from treating me like a **** (ie. Have you tried defragmenting you HD?) they can't give me any real help. The problems with this game are killing it in my opinion, and I'm not talking about historical inaccuracy etc, I mean just not being able to play a stable session without some sort of crash occuring. Don't get me started on Starforce!! Anyway, I know not everyone has problems, but this game seems to have a higher proportion of bugs then others. Take Pacific Fighters for example. Out of the box, I havn't had a single problem and it is quite well supported if you have any issues. Please release a major patch and fix this games problems... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have installed SH3 on TWO differant computers. One old system and one brand new one. Funny thing is that it ran without any issues on both systems. I keep my computers free and clean.

I understand how your problem can be frustrating ever considered rebuilding your OS?

peter0101
04-29-2005, 07:32 PM
Haven't posted on any game forums before though I play a lot of games and keep up to date with mods, suggestions and updates on most forums for them.

BUT I had sooooooooooooo much trouble with SH3 I thought I'd add a few more comments re the game and solving problems as you seem to have had similar??? problems to me, and I found it frustrating as hell. So I do feel motivated to help. Its also a great game once you get it sorted out.

Its funny though, when I first had problems I suspected it was RAM, but looking thru these forums, you would not think it could be - as soon as anybody suggested it, people would post saying their PC runs the game with 512MB etc, so I foolishly discounted this initially.

First thing though, reflecting on dmm_u333's post with his excellent "shed" running SH3 on 512 MB, I was wrong to say that it will not run on 512MB I admit, but maybe its the combination of CPU speed and amount of RAM. Faster CPU more RAM required. When I upgraded my machime's RAM I noticed it performed like it was supercharged in all operations and games not just SH3, so I presume before it was "choking" with too little, especially on SH3. Needless to say I am very pleased with mem upgrade, its like a new machine. Its also possible that the RAM quality or the type of Graphics cards may make a difference, so that on some fast CPUs 512MB may work. I'm also starting to think generally if you have a somewhat low spec'd machine its as good as having a very good one - I mean in terms of CPU, memory and graphics card. The key is consistency esp between CPU and RAM.

I am sure there will be more posts on this topic saying their SH3 runs fine on 512MB or even 256MB or LESS! RAM etc, but thats not the point. - becauseI experienced problems with SH3 that were FIXED by a memory upgrade FULL STOP. I didn't reinstall or anything, one day couldn't play, next week after upgrade not one problem.

Anyhow my tips Trent001 if you want to try a couple of other things, apart from more RAM (which I recommend if you the problems I posted previously or if you have a very well spec'd machine with a capability where IGB RAM may be the bottleneck or quality of RAM is suspect), are as follows and I'm assuming from your previous posts you are PC savvy:

Latest sound and graphic card drivers (Ubi certainly would have suggested this and you probably have done so).

Cleanup and defrag disk, reinstall (Ubi certainly would have suggested this and you probably have done so).

Increase Virtual Memory to about 3000 (Ubi certainly would have suggested this and you probably have done so).

Perhaps optimise Windows XP and get rid of unneeded TSRs - see the fantastic "blackviper" website on how to do this (do a goggle search for the website - the current link I have is down). I would certainly recommend that you turn off system restore if it is running - it slows down a PC considerably, and has little real benefit

When you uninstall delete all old careers and games (make sure to keep a copy of the NavalAcademy.txt file if you have already graduated else will need to do again. Just copy back after SH3 creates a new SH3 folder, copy to your MyDocuments/SH3/Data/cfg directory)

Set sound acceleration to "None". (Many people have found this makes the game more stable - see com help forum).

MOST important play SH3 version 1.0 or 1.1 first only (No Mods). See how it goes. If reasonably ok then go to v1.2. If a problem with v1.2 but not so much with 1.1 its probably RAM, see below re my experience with versions.

My experience with versions and mods:

Played 1.1 for 1 week & hardly any problems at all. I had a splendid first career sinking about 400,000 tons. Could not believe all the probs being raised on this forum and was thankful I had a great machine. FOOL!!!

Applied 1.2 patch, problems started but could work around. Applied some mods FF100 and WorlD mods. Could not play game. I started to optimise my PC's performance - I think this aggravated the "choking" problem of a fast CPU combined with not enough/good enough memory as I experienced far more problems.

Reinstalled etc, but 1.2 would not work. Spent a week or two trying to fix. Zilch.

Reinstalled 1.1, okay to play but seemed to crash in Main Screen or and Career Accept screens if I was not very quick in accepting career options. It usually crashed within 30 secs or less sometimes, and if I selected Career then Accept etc quickly it was ok. By this timee I had done many things driver upgrades, disk cleanup, sound acceleration changes etc with Ubis supports help and looking att this forum, so I thought I'd try v1.2 etc again. (I WOULD SAY v1.1 no mods is far more stable or requires less RAM but having played a couple of patrols on 1.2 with all mods desribed above, bare bones v1.1 was not very appealing.

Installed 1.2. Impossible at all to play. Problems worse and different to when I was playing 1.2 before.

Upgraded RAM from 512MB to 1.5GB, no problems at all anymore. Am now playing v1.2 with every mod imaginable (perhaps that is a subject for another post, but I recommend FF100 and and this guys mod athttp://www.ailantd.com/SHIIIMODS/

Types of problems I experienced:

Main and Career menu crashes. Crash saving games sometimes. ALWAYS crash exiting patrols and returning to base (this operation requires a lot of RAM). Other hints of insufficient memory if your machine and graphics card is good - takes more than 1 or 2 secs saving from patrol - takes time exitin SH3 altogether.

If the answer is yes to most or all of these then it is very likely the RAM (if your processor or graphics card are good enough).

Finally Trent001 what type of system do you have? And what problems exactly do you have?

Cheers

archer49d
04-29-2005, 10:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I have played many games but this is the absolute cake when it comes to RAM - I do not believe it will run at all on Min Spec of 512MB. I never thought that a lack of RAM would cause a program to crash in so many different ways as I experienced as well, but there you go, you learn something everyday. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats odd, I ran the game without any problems on a 1.8 GHZ P4, with 256 Megs of Ram and a Radeon 9200SE with 30 FPS in ports and over 80 FPS in the open sea...

In conclusion, it will run on Minimum specs, and even on a system below minimum specs.

Franzen
04-29-2005, 11:45 PM
Still no expert but from what I seen it sounds like many of the problems are due to equivalent spec hardware being unequivalent. Does this make sense?

Fritz Franzen

Trent001
04-29-2005, 11:56 PM
Hi all!!
I appreciate your posts with helpful suggestions! OK. I've just recently installed an additional 512 Mb RAM (PC3200). My system spec are as follows:

Asus P4P800-E Mainboard
Intel P4 2.6Ghz 800FSB
1 Gb RAM (PC3200) Dual Channel
Nvidia FX5700 Ultra 256 Mb
Onboard 5.1 Channel Sound

It's weird cause my problems are intermittant. I can and have played a career (up to patrol 21 with 614,000 tons so far!!), but I will constantly save for fear of the dreaded lock up happening. When the system freezes, I'm forced to reset the PC and re-boot. No other games have caused problems and everything runs smooth as silk. No heating issues, I'm not overclocking anything. The problem can strike at random and at any point. Yesterday I played the game for 8 hours straight with no probs, but this morning, just continuing on my patrol I had to reset the d@mn computer 5 times in 45 minutes!!! Also I've scanned the computer for adware and viruses but it is my stand alone games PC so it ain't connected to the net, I use my laptop for going online... Anyway I've just bought Sid Meier's Pirates! (Don't think I'm lame, it's a classic!! - Used to play it on my old Amiga 500 back in late 80's and this new version ain't bad!!)

I'm hoping some possible compatibility issues my be addressed with patch 1.3? I've got the latest drivers for Nvidia and onboard sound so I'm at a loss as to what the problem could be.

Anyway thanks again to everyone who took the time to respond...

hauitsme
04-30-2005, 12:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Trent001:
... Anyway I've just bought Sid Meier's Pirates! (Don't think I'm lame, it's a classic!! - Used to play it on my old Amiga 500 back in late 80's and this new version ain't bad!!) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I miss my Amiga!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif
Pirates! What memories. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

RedTerex
04-30-2005, 01:08 AM
Amiga500 !!! sheesh you musta been loaded, that was a pricey machine...I was either on a Commodore 64 (borrowed) my own Atari 2600 or my newly aquired ZX Spectrum 48k...Guy down the road had the 128K Spectrum with...wait for it...integral cassette and...*gulp*...Sinclair micro-drive!..lucky bar-steward.
Jet-Pack Willy was of course my fav game !

Say 1982-3+...or was that before your time ??

Trent001
04-30-2005, 09:09 AM
Nah, I remember Jet Pack Willy!! I had a good old Atari 2600 aswell and a Commodore 64 with tape drive!! My Dad was into those sorts of things so we went through the whole range of the "latest" stuff. My Amiga 500 lasted with me well into the early 90's... Hard to believe that was so long ago now... Gee I must be getting older... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif Amazing how technology has advanced...

Yrim
04-30-2005, 11:57 AM
i play still the unpatchd version on a
amd 2800
1024 ram
asus 9800 xt with 256 ram
and i had not one bug that crashed me exept after i saved a mission i mean a mission mission not a campane
after i deleted the mission the game run normal again.

Franzen
05-01-2005, 09:04 AM
I had a Vic20. The commodore 64 was my dream. The Amiga500, did that really exist outside the Pentagon. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Fritz Franzen

TheRealWulfmann
05-01-2005, 10:44 AM
There is a big difference in RAM specs. Some might make it easier if they posted what their RAM is. There is PC-100, PC-133, DDR (in many variations) DDR 2 etc.
1GB of PC-100 RAM will not equal 512MB DDR400 PC3200 so we may not be talking the same thing. Please be specific as there seem to be people that can answer your question but it is unrelated if you don't have the correct specs, exactly, that may be the problem.

I guess I am lucky so far as the only thing that has happneded is the game dropped to tool bar one time and that is it.
Being an after market freeware CFS3 person I have need for 2 PCs and so test things on both. While I expected it to run on my AMD-2700 1GB 1X1)DDR400 PC3200 with sound blaster Audigy 5.1 and Saffire X800SE 256MB VC and 70% free 8MB-120GB HD 400W PS.
I also found no trouble on the AMD2000, 1 GB (2X512)DDR400 PC3200, no sound card, Saffire9800SE 128MB VC and 25% free 80GB 8MB HD and 300W PS. I have not extensively tested the lesser system as I prefer the bigger one.
There seems to be a serious advantage to the ATI cards but right now DDR400 RAM is cheap and so is a new MB and making sure yor VC is on a separate power line rather that in line with the HD is also helpful.
It is not as hard as it sounds for a new bee to replace the MB.
A new MB that takes DDR RAM will run you about $50.00. There are many 512MB DDR400 PC3200 sticks for under $40.00 shipped. So for under $130.00 one can upgrade from an old MB to a new onewith 1GB of DDR RAM and that will go a long way in solving your problems for very little.
Take a photo of your MB before taking it apart and the new one is fairily straight forward to replace. Put your old HD and CPU ect in and it will adjust itself without a reinstall of more than the CD from the MB.
When one consideres how many hours we play this type of game, $130.00 would be a small price to pay.
Of course an FX-55 system might cure those as well but would likely be a few dollars more.
Wulfmann

antonio_f
05-15-2005, 03:59 AM
Just a thought. I've read a few posts on "bugs" in the game. I am one who has had none. The little things in the game that are awekward (I guess they are bugs) dont even bother me and don't take away from the game. I think this game doesn't have very many bugs at all. Only compatiblity issues, which are NOT bugs.

SOrry to hear your hardware acts up with the game but i've come to the conclusion that there are very few bugs. Bugs would be experienced by all not some. People seem to be having major hardware compatibility is all.

The game takes a lot of juice I noticed as the temperature of my PC goes up when the game is running.

If hardware compatibilites are to blame I'm not so sure a patch would do much. It's the HW developers that must fix their buggy video and sound cards not the game devs.

diveplane
05-15-2005, 07:44 AM
sim runs fantastic on my machine

p4 3gig,1 gig ddr2 ram ,256 pci express vid card,160gb sata drive,and 1 500 watt tower case

only snag is the sonar man not so good any more
and some off the sound files still dont play ingame..............

sc1949
05-16-2005, 12:47 AM
Checked for no dust in air intakes, cpu cooler block fans etc,that will cause the intermittent CTDs

Trent001
03-06-2006, 09:12 AM
I haven't posted for a while but my crashing, graphics corruption etc problems have been solved!!! I can't convey how glad I am after just about ripping every last strand of hair from my body... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

The thing that appears to have fixed it is the little utility that allows you to change the resolution (it;s called dx9res). Somehow it has not only resolved the issues I was having with graphics corruption but also made the game ook one hell of a lot sharper as well....

Believe me I'm stoked!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

wessenhammer
03-06-2006, 06:52 PM
Ever since I ditched the ac97 sound and got a maddag sound card my game hasn't crashed a single time !!!!! before if I didn't hit the save button 6 times EVERY patrol I was living dangerously.

p4
1gig ram
800xt graphic
maddag $51.00

there are ALOT of inconsistancies and fiarly pointless career..and this game could probably use a 100meg patch...