PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't the new Breach mode PvE as well?

Yefrign
09-03-2018, 08:11 AM
Up until now ALL of the game modes and new modes that have come out (Tribute for example) have been PvE compatible as well so why is it now that you guys are separating the game modes/playerbase in doing so?

as primarily a PvE player I've always been super supportive of For Honor because of its catering to PvE.

so why now?

yes there is this "endless PvE mode" which is in reality just duels/brawls with modifiers which sure can be interesting but I've been SO looking forward to this new game mode as it was going to be something that felt more like a full on battle rather than a skirmish.

I'm really disappointed that its going to be a PvP mode only (then again it may or may not be like Tribute I don't recall anyone saying "oh you can do this against the AI" at any point of its showcase so I could be all wrong about this... I can only go by what is being advertised and shown. and right now it's being marketed as a PvP mode only)

voiddp
09-03-2018, 09:58 AM
Don't see why i would be PvP only.
Even in PvP play you see bots change leaving players. So it will be playable with bots. So it will have PvE mode like all other modes in this game. There are zero reasons to expect otherwise, because nothing in this game is without PvE.

Yefrign
09-03-2018, 11:14 AM
only reason I'm coming to this conclusion is in all the advertisement I've seen for Marching Fire it's been stating "all new PvP mode Breach"

as taken from the store page "For Honor: Marching Fire, coming on the 16th October 2018, is a major update encompassing a new faction and new heroes, a new PVP mode"

and the PvE is always referenced by the "Arcade mode"

again, I could be wrong but since I'm unable to see any evidence otherwise this is all I can speculate and conclude at this point of time.

voiddp
09-03-2018, 12:15 PM
You are just overcomplicating things for yourself.
PvP modes made for PvP in mind, because its a PvP game. And both game and new mode advertised as such. But all PvP modes in all PvP games are always playable with bots. Because bots are just substitute for a player. You make PvP mode\game and just add bots there. It doesn't need to be advertised, it is just like that everywhere.

Only PvE modes can be restricted by not having option to play vs players. Like singleplayer campain PvE, or new Arcade. Because they was specifically made to be restricted, and you just cant make PvP out of them by simple substitution. And so they are advertised like singleplayer\coop content.

EvoX.
09-03-2018, 02:26 PM
Nobody and nowhere does it say it's going to be PvP-only...

ArmoredChocobo
09-03-2018, 02:56 PM
Have you seen how Bots play?

They’ll be getting lost constantly.