PDA

View Full Version : Division 2 live stream walkthrough at paxwest |

Blkandwhtknight
09-03-2018, 12:30 AM
DIVISION 2 LIVE STREAM WALKTHROUGH AT PAXWEST | BRAND SETS, MAP SIZE, OPEN WORLD & MORE

https://youtu.be/QvH3CxeMh_A

ElmerDaFudd
09-03-2018, 05:38 PM
Guy says single story building and open area's give you option or feeling of different game play, well that is 100% a lie, you have the same exact options as you had in TD, you can stand or you can lean. so you cant get on roof and lay down, you cant get behind a hill and lay down, you will have the option to stand in open and shoot and shoot from what you are leaning on, so game play is the same limited thing.

you all had 2 years to make some new movement features and sliding over a car hood is what you came up with? I don't know if in 20 years I played a shooter game with the same limited movement options, do you guys even play games?

ElmerDaFudd
09-03-2018, 05:48 PM
Also I just want to add, having the city streets helped a bit in feeling like the game movement options weren't so bad all the time, getting in more open area's seems like it will just feel worse with just standing option but I'm sure even in so called open area's you will have things everywhere to lean against to take cover just like TD2 so really even open area's wont be open they will just not have high features and having high features didn't come into game play in TD in 90% of fights and when they did almost always the NPC were 1 story higher, wasn't like they had sniper 8 story's up shooting at you which 100% would have been cool.

Is there still time to add things to this game to change it from what TD was? having a few gimmick perks or sliding over hood aint much in 2 years to be different.

Game play looks nice tho, not sure if it will beat the city streets of TD but I'm sure it will look nice.

Also don't wanna sound like I don't look forward to TD2, just some things I didn't like about TD I wish were fixed is all.

PS cut the TTK in half, its still way to long, its not fun by any means to have to use a whole clip to kill a NPC, that's just drags on.

Blkandwhtknight
09-03-2018, 09:05 PM
Guy says single story building and open area's give you option or feeling of different game play, well that is 100% a lie, you have the same exact options as you had in TD, you can stand or you can lean. so you cant get on roof and lay down, you cant get behind a hill and lay down, you will have the option to stand in open and shoot and shoot from what you are leaning on, so game play is the same limited thing.

you all had 2 years to make some new movement features and sliding over a car hood is what you came up with? I don't know if in 20 years I played a shooter game with the same limited movement options, do you guys even play games?

Did you notice that Division 2 has curved terrain? ie hills. The open area in the E3 demo, you realize how large that open area is? Not to mention the elevation changes. I would be willing to bet the Elevated Weapon talent will return, and it will be good. An SMG build in the capital building area is going to be about useless, and likewise a long range build in the cramped urban housing.

Giralus
09-10-2018, 12:15 AM
PS cut the TTK in half, its still way to long, its not fun by any means to have to use a whole clip to kill a NPC, that's just drags on.

This is a joke i hope?... watching a youtube player stream from E3 .. he tossed the hive bean bag and before it even goes off the group had killed all the enemies so fast he states in the video " oh well, that was a waste ,all the enemies died before it landed"... later on he tosses it out again to show you how the Hive auto 360 shoots all enemies in the area.. and again all the enemies die like flies bieng swatted.

This was just an initial e3 gameplay. Im sure they didnt have the best of the best gear and mods. Gearsets, Weapon perks, and min/maxed to the hilt.

People are 4 man DPS Steam rolling content in TD1 in 5 to 10 minutes = no cover based Shooter .. its a run and gun borefest.

If the game starts out with enemies dying from 3 bullets from a purple gun = yeah kiss cover based shooter goodbye, in a week people will be min/maxed in the best gear and weapons fully modded and steam rolling the content.

There has to be Progression in the game. Enemies need to start out hard to kill. So as you get better and your gear and weapons get better the TTK goes down... ( Even then in specific areas and enemies the TTK needs to be Long enough for there to be game mechanics for encounter scripts for Mini boss battles and Main Boss battles to actually be Interesting and require you to Use Cover and your other Abilities/Perks)

The game is not even coming out for 6 months and you already want to steam roll the content, and make the game the borefest run and gun shooter TD1 turned into "a long time ago!"

On world tier 5. Not even min/maxed. You can kill :
6 to 8 red enemies with 1 clip
4 to 5 purple enemies with 1 clip
2 to 4 yellow enemies with 1 clip (depending on enemy type)
And some of the names you can kill with less than a clip (especially if you hit thier weak points = Names with the bag on their hip die using about 1/2 a clip. The Large Names with the Tanks on each side of them = 1 clip if you shoot 2 of their tanks and a couple head shots).

How much faster can the TTK be? ... sure in some places like Legenadary, or Challanging, Incursions Some enemies take a little more to kill.. ( but generally its a swarm or stream of constant enemies that overwhelms a group as the only reason people die. And the only reason there are Swarms and Streams of tons of NPC's in those places is becuase the TTK is so fast its the only way to add any challange at all.. )