PDA

View Full Version : Are there other heroes besides Highlander that don't get a heavy off a light parry?

Mighty_Mackerel
09-03-2018, 12:19 AM
For some reason the highlander doesn't get a guaranteed heavy off of a light attack parry... are there other heroes who have this hindrance as well? Because of this, I've opted to try and get counter strikes instead. However, as everyone knows, attacks that have priority over other attacks have stricter parry windows which basically means I need to attack almost at the exact same time or even before (it is the definition of playing the prediction game) my opponent decides to throw out their light attack if I want to get the counter strike. It's difficult enough to parry a light attack but to get a counter strike off of a light attack, especially when you need to switch your guard beforehand (I'm on console if that means anything) is even more difficult. It makes it very tough to punish berserkers, peacekeepers, valkyries, orochis, etc. who favor throwing out light attacks.

My suspicions is that highlander doesn't get a free heavy off of a light parry because his heavy attacks deal too much damage which is why they're very slow from neutral. If this is the case, then I suggest a damage nerf on the highlander's heavy attacks. Yeah that's right, highlander is one of my mains and I'm calling for a damage nerf 'cause I think that would be good for him. That way whenever you get a light attack parry you can dish out the proper punishment that you deserve like the rest of the heroes.

This is my OPINION, please don't castrate me for this, although if I do get barraged with insults then I'm well prepared for that as well.

Sneakly20
09-03-2018, 12:40 AM
He does get a heavy. Itís in his offensive stance. Or get a kick. I think both guaranteed on a light parry.

Arekonator
09-03-2018, 12:45 AM
You totally get 40dmg offensive heavy from light parry, but the input is little different. The moment you get the parry, you hold down the heavy for a moment till you fastflow into offensive stance, then relase it. If you are not sure you did it fast enough, just go for a kick first to confirm the heavy.
Or just spend 10 minutes in training area to get the muscle memory down and you are good to go.

Mighty_Mackerel
09-03-2018, 12:46 AM
He does get a heavy. It’s in his offensive stance. Or get a kick. I think both guaranteed on a light parry.

Ah, you are correct. Thanks!

Mighty_Mackerel
09-03-2018, 12:47 AM
You totally get 40dmg offensive heavy from light parry, but the input is little different. The moment you get the parry, you hold down the heavy for a moment till you fastflow into offensive stance, then relase it. If you are not sure you did it fast enough, just go for a kick first to confirm the heavy.

You are also correct, thanks!

dinosaurlicker
09-03-2018, 12:48 AM
If heís really one of your mains you probably should have known that he does get a heavy off of a light.

You need to parry and hold down the heavy attack input (r2 on ps4) until he goes into offensive form. Then you get a free offensive heavy.

Itís stupid because his side heavies do as much as raider and shugoki but both of those heroes get normal heavies after light parries

I donít think this really has a reason other than ďwell we put a useless mechanic on highlander, we may as well force people to use it,Ē and this is typical of the For Honor devs

This is pretty much a light parry nerf because highlander is the only hero that canít get heavies after accidental light parries because you need to hold it down afterwards.

So yea just hold down the heavy input after a light parry.

The only nerf that highlander needs is a nerf to caber toss. They need to tone down the tracking a bit on caber toss, but maybe buff highlander in another area because this 50/50 is what makes him so strong

Mighty_Mackerel
09-03-2018, 12:51 AM
No need to further comment on this thread, the issue has been resolved.

Thanks everyone for the input!