PDA

View Full Version : Let's speak about the nobushi

Capoupacap
09-02-2018, 08:34 PM
I play mostly on duel wanted to try all the other heroes. While Nobushi have a very unique game style there is a couple of point that, to my opinion, really need some balancing.

I'll separate this thread in two section depending on the nobushi starting position is neutral or from the secret posture:

From neutral:

- First light are much too slow (600ms ?!?!?), making them a too much risky move to start any attack attempt. I'm quite sure it's by far the most parried attack in the entire roster.

possible solution:

1) Speed up nobushi recovery after a light parry in neutral position
2) speed up the light attack after a heavy cancel
3) cancel in viper retreat opportunity

- Second Light is exactly in the same situation

possible solution:

1) Speed up nobushi recovery after light parry in neutral position
2) speed up the light attack after a heavy cancel
3) If the second light is played in the same direction is guaranteed but there is no thirt bleed hit guaranteed

- Death Rattle form: I suppose a soft feint could be considered

- Swift Recoil: I feel like the recovery from it should be slightly quicker

- Kick: could be available after a heavy cancel

From hidden stance:

- an unblocable top heavy could be considered to bring some opening option to the nobushi. I know she has a very quick kick but it's quite easily punished. Because the hidden stance block stamina regeneration for 3 second, the parry bait on this unblocable won't bring a too long mixup opportunity. But it'll open a nice bait game and can all work as a really nice counter move

- Dodging: could maintain the hidden posture but would be at high stamina cost.

I think it's clear that the nobushi need another option to open it's opponent than just the kick.

tehemperorer
09-06-2018, 05:52 PM
The game is cancer with unblockables.

That being said, she only needs 2 things: she needs to be able to feint her heavies out of hidden stance, and she needs to be able to cancel both light and heavy attacks out of hidden stance with hidden stance.

Capoupacap
09-06-2018, 11:12 PM
from a dominion player point of view, certainly...But for duel, they are a must be against turtle ;)