PDA

View Full Version : Warden's Shoulder Bash Broken?

IlluminatiIzzy
09-02-2018, 01:29 PM
Just gonna put it out there, I think warden's shoulder bash is definitely broken. The fact that he can fake both the uncharged and the charged one is bad enough, but he can also fake them way too late into the actual animation. I just thought I'd post this because I recently fought a warden and, whilst he was a good player, this broken feature in allowed him to abuse the hell out of it and adapt a playstyle which was simply unfair.

Koncrissant
09-02-2018, 01:55 PM
Shaman Broken?
Valk Broken?
Kensei ZoneAttack Broken?
PK ZoneAttack Broken?
Berserker HyperArmour Broken?
Raider ZoneAttack Broken?
Many Characters Abusable Spam Moves Broken?
Lag Compensation Broken?
Revenge Activation Broken?
Highlander Kick to Grab Broken?
Gladiator ToeStab Zonespam Broken?
Conq Recovery time instant SB Broken?
NO everything is Fine!

Warden Sh.bash dodgable! Now thats Broken!

IlluminatiIzzy
09-02-2018, 02:07 PM
I'm assuming you play warden. I just think that both uncharged and charged should be able to be cancelled. I'm saying this after fighting the second best player on Xbox who played warden, is when I realised his sb mechanics are broken

Koncrissant
09-02-2018, 02:12 PM
If you remove the cancel on SB of warden he will be Underpowered again like before!
How come that many players are able to avoid the SB?
Practice Dodge Timing?

Thorstein31
09-02-2018, 02:50 PM
If you remove the cancel on SB of warden he will be Underpowered again like before!
How come that many players are able to avoid the SB?
Practice Dodge Timing?

Warden Sb cancel is the worst game mechanic. People complain about conqueror shoulder bash, but it is nowhere close to the Sb cancel, it is not a matter of dodging, but guessing. If the conqueror misses the Sb and follow up with a light you can block or parry.
The warden guessing game would be fine if all heroes could cgb on dodge, thats just not happens now.
If this sort of mechanic is ok, why not add the same mechanic to warlord headbutt?!

Koncrissant
09-02-2018, 03:07 PM
You can almost anytime CGB when warden feint SB and go for GB!
Almost anytime i try that i get CounterGB

dinosaurlicker
09-03-2018, 01:01 AM
Youíre 100% correct that it needs a nerf OP.

Anyone disagreeing with this undoubtedly mains Warden. Literally everyone and their mom mains Warden because heís piss easy to use and one of the two best heroes in the game.

SB is broken right now. The window for feinting it needs a hard nerf

Xil_h
09-03-2018, 01:11 AM
The range on his charged SB is insane too. It even hit me after doing a double dodge (roll) backwards. He basically was flying across the duel ring...

Corentin10111
09-03-2018, 08:59 AM
The only people who defend the actual state of the warden are warden players.. Hey guys, don't you realise that you look like the mother of a murderer who says "Oh no my kid didn't kill them, he is a good boy, he is nice and would'nt hurt anyone!" when there is multiple videos of him killing and eating his victims.. Take you head off the sand seriously..

voiddp
09-03-2018, 09:49 AM
move should be rewoked.
Make it consistent.
If you make him able to cancel both bashes, make charged cancelable before running animation starts.

Or even make it not cancelable when fully charged. It guarantees top heavy. Make it more risk and reward then, like without ability to cancel it.

Siegfried-Z
09-03-2018, 10:07 AM
Shaman Broken?
Valk Broken?
Kensei ZoneAttack Broken?
PK ZoneAttack Broken?
Berserker HyperArmour Broken?
Raider ZoneAttack Broken?
Many Characters Abusable Spam Moves Broken?
Lag Compensation Broken?
Revenge Activation Broken?
Highlander Kick to Grab Broken?
Gladiator ToeStab Zonespam Broken?
Conq Recovery time instant SB Broken?
NO everything is Fine!

Warden Sh.bash dodgable! Now thats Broken!

Any mooves you talk about are lessa pain to deal with than EACH single moove Warden has.

You want to talk about what is broken for Warden ? Ok let's do it :

500ms lights in any directions and double side guaranteed which chain on UB or SB mix up broken ?
500ms zone which chain with UB mix up broken ?
Best heavy dash (speed and tracking) of the game which chain on UB too broken ?
Strong punish with Top Heavy Parry, Top heavy Wallsplat, Side Heavy + UB OOS broken ?
Best Sup block of the game which deals 40 dmg + guranteed 15dmg top light and then chain into SB Broken ?
Best 50/50 Bash of the game with SB form neutral or Chain with mechanic which allow to punish ON REACTION with double lights or Top Heavy broken ?
Then Having a UB while already having the best Bash broken ?
Insane OOS pressure with SB and UB Broken ?
Knights feats broken ?

Should we keep going about Warden ?

NinjaRonin85
09-03-2018, 10:23 AM
Highlander gets 40 damage off of kick or grab and it don't even need charging. I agree warden is broken, clear s tier on any platform, but I'm glad his kit is about mind games and not just 400ms lights and soft faints.

Siegfried-Z
09-03-2018, 10:46 AM
Highlander gets 40 damage off of kick or grab and it don't even need charging. I agree warden is broken, clear s tier on any platform, but I'm glad his kit is about mind games and not just 400ms lights and soft faints.

Well i prefer to fight char with 400ms lights as roch or soft feint as Shaman than Warden.
I wouldn't call his kit a mindgame gameplay as after each hits he can be in a 50/50 position with SB or UB whatever he does... he can now spam 50/50 lol this is even fun just to say. At this level this is not mindgame anymore... that's just the ability to fight with an advantage on your opponent 70% of the time.

NinjaRonin85
09-03-2018, 10:58 AM
He is good, but I got my arse handed to me by a warlord in duel when I played warden, he predicted my every move lol

Siegfried-Z
09-03-2018, 12:33 PM
Yep, Warlord while very simple and annoying is still strong

IlluminatiIzzy
09-10-2018, 10:49 PM
I was worried about posting about this, but after returning a week later I'm glad to find that I'm not the only one who thinks that Warden's shoulder bash is bull. At this point, if see a warden shoulder bashing and II know that they have literally experience with playing warden I know that the only way I'm going to win that game is by pure luck. I'm very surprised this hasn't been nerfed yet, as it is undoubtedly one of the most broken and unfair mechanics in the game, especially as they can cancel it at virtually any time, even including during the running animation. Until then, we shall wait and accept our defeat (if you are defeated, that is) when fighting warden.

Sweaty_Sock
09-11-2018, 01:39 PM
if hes charging a quick light will interrupt & damage off a quick SB is now less stamina damage and only 18 lights.. I don't like the cancel on full charge but when a highlander kick guarantees 40 damage you kinda just gotta go 'this is how the games going'.

Vrbas1
09-11-2018, 02:30 PM
I see your point and share a level of your frustration. However, I'm going to disagree with you. "Broken", as I would define it, was Warden w/ his SB cancel into GB. With that out of the way and history at this point, I can stand to weather all these cancel-happy players.

A good tip for fighting Warden: keep your distance. Really, this is a good tip for all matchups and I know it's dependent upon the reach of your own hero. But the temptation for many (myself included) is to always hug face in fights. You'll be surprised what creating a reactionary gap between you and your opponent does to the "rhythm" of the fight. You'll see them make more mistakes and generally be off-balance, even by a little bit that's enough to gain a foothold. Against the Warden, I'm sure this goes without saying, keep your guard top. Especially now with his rushing top heavy that comes out deceptively quick and is surprisingly hard to parry, at least in my experience. Best of luck to you.

IlluminatiIzzy
09-16-2018, 12:31 AM
Just played a game against a warden where I ran out of stamina. Basically, when fighting warden, don't run out of stamina or you'll have to live with a shoulder-shaped dent in your chest that will never buff out.

mrmistark
09-16-2018, 01:19 AM
Yeah the best way is to simply roll if you are having trouble with mix ups.

The key in for honor to being REALLY successful is being able to dodge/react as late as possible in any given situation. Iím still working back into this as I took a season long break.

KotoKuraken
09-16-2018, 01:56 AM
Name another character in the game that can completely feint his bash. I'll wait.

While I'm waiting, I have a proposal: either make Warden's bash unfeintable, or make everyone's bash feintable. Equal bash, equal versatility

DefiledDragon
09-16-2018, 02:29 AM
Just remove bashes altogether along with unblockables and rework the game so we can have some actual swordfights in this game about swordfighting without having to rely on spamming cheese to get anywhere.

Of course, they're not going to do that, too much work. So, live with the cheese people because something tells me it ain't going anywhere. In fact, it's likely to get worse rather than better in my estimation.

IlluminatiIzzy
09-16-2018, 02:52 AM
I'm just very surprised nothing has changed yet. The day when conq, warden and zerk get nerfed will be a great day

DefiledDragon
09-16-2018, 02:57 AM
I'm just very surprised nothing has changed yet. The day when conq, warden and zerk get nerfed will be a great day

Conq, definitely. Zerk? Mmmm. Warden? How DARE you! ;)

mrmistark
09-16-2018, 03:52 AM

Yeah man.

The problem is they took one of the best heroes to ever come out and decided to use that as the gold standard. I miss when the game took more skill to win than cheesy and safe moves. They balanced up instead of using the most even characters as the standard. This would be fine but on top of this half the roster got speed boosts because they try to balance everything based on the PC because itís the ďcompetitive platformĒ and just kind of tell console players to deal with it, no offense to PC players. Itís just the reality. The game is fun but because of this very frustrating sometimes.

IlluminatiIzzy
09-16-2018, 01:51 PM
Yeah anyone who says the warden is a fair character now is wrong idc 😂

UbiInsulin
09-17-2018, 12:55 AM
Thanks everyone for the discussion here. We've let the team know that Warden's SB is a point of concern with the community.

DefiledDragon
09-17-2018, 01:04 AM
Thanks everyone for the discussion here. We've let the team know that Warden's SB is a point of concern with the community.

It's only a point of concern for those who can't find the dodge button.

Also, while you're talking to the team, any chance you can mention Conq's shield bash?

DoctorMcBatman
09-17-2018, 01:42 AM
It's only a point of concern for those who can't find the dodge button.

Untrue.
https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveForHonor/comments/98l50b/you_can_not_dodge_on_reaction_to_sb_movement/

DefiledDragon
09-17-2018, 02:52 AM
Untrue.
https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveForHonor/comments/98l50b/you_can_not_dodge_on_reaction_to_sb_movement/

I don't dispute any of that but what I recognise is that the game is designed around this exact kind of mechanic. While I would much rather see a more interesting rework of Warden, utilising his actual sword rather than his shoulders, it's just not going to happen. If his bash is broken then I'm all for them fixing it. Not sure that they will though.

To be honest, I would remove all the unblockables from the game and rework the mechanics so the focus is on skilfully wielding the weapon in your hand, but that's never going to happen either.

guest-Nez6tBu0
09-17-2018, 11:35 AM
Imagine Conq could cancel his SB

DoctorMcBatman
09-17-2018, 05:54 PM
I don't dispute any of that but what I recognise is that the game is designed around this exact kind of mechanic. While I would much rather see a more interesting rework of Warden, utilising his actual sword rather than his shoulders, it's just not going to happen. If his bash is broken then I'm all for them fixing it. Not sure that they will though.

To be honest, I would remove all the unblockables from the game and rework the mechanics so the focus is on skilfully wielding the weapon in your hand, but that's never going to happen either.

Shield bashing and shoulder bashing were actually part of medieval combat though. So there is some justification for them being in the game. The problem is, with Warden and Conq the moves are a bit overpowered/difficult to deal with and very few members of the cast have something comparable or something that can answer those moves effectively (dodging Conq's SB is generally pretty doable, IF there is good range between you and the Conq). They're also already good heroes that have exceptional moves. So whereas Glad is kind of lackluster - but has an awesome zone - no one really complains about it (as much).

IlluminatiIzzy
09-19-2018, 07:23 PM
It makes me happy knowing a member of Ubisoft saw this and are actually responding/acting upon it.
For the record, I am a console player (Xbox One)
It's very unreasonable to think that unblockables should be removed from the game, as it is a very important feature in the game mechanics and it is already well established.
Similarly, bashing is also an important mechanic in the game.
The issue with warden's shoulder bash has been highlighted already; he is the only character that can cancel his bash. Even with overlooking the fact that he can cancel a charged shoulder bash, and that he can cancel the charged shoulder bash mid-animation, and that the charged shoulder bash has hyper armour, this makes Warden an unbalanced character, Surely if Conqueror could cancel his shoulder bash in the same fashion as warden's, the same issue would persist.
Warden's shoulder bash shouldn't be removed, just nerfed so it is more reactable and less versatile. Warden can punish almost any reaction to his shoulder bash - it is near impossible to dodge in reaction to the uncharged shoulder bash (at least on console), and warden can react to almost any counter-attack once they are charging their SB (disregarding a light upon startup, which takes both luck and a character with very fast lights, especially for the uncharged).
So, like I said, I'm happy a guy from Ubisoft has notified the team about this. All that's left to do is await the warden nerf! ;)

uglyface87
09-19-2018, 09:18 PM
Warden is the new CANCER. "LOVE" to play against him. Shoulder bash, shoulder bash cancel+GB, charging shoulder bash+heavy, shoulder bash, canceled half of the way and make parry on the dodge... Its F*cking annoying. Thats the only play on that hero! SPAM SPAM SPAM!! No skills, nothing,

David_gorda
09-19-2018, 09:28 PM
Warden is the new CANCER. "LOVE" to play against him. Shoulder bash, shoulder bash cancel+GB, charging shoulder bash+heavy, shoulder bash, canceled half of the way and make parry on the dodge... Its F*cking annoying. Thats the only play on that hero! SPAM SPAM SPAM!! No skills, nothing, this Game is incredible poorly designed. Its all about spamming op moves and not use the whole kit Of classes, No cooldowns on abilities, just spam spam spam. Its painful obvious the ubisoft team have No experience Of playing Or designing Similiar games. Its like they decided to make a pyramid shaped wheel for a car when there already are cars with normal wheels that works exvellent. :D

Baturai
09-20-2018, 04:54 AM
Cooldown has to be implemented. Especially on somemoves where you get guranteed 40damage +
kickgrab ahahahah worst nightmare once OOs.

The_B0G_
09-20-2018, 03:29 PM
Cooldown has to be implemented. Especially on somemoves where you get guranteed 40damage +
kickgrab ahahahah worst nightmare once OOs.

Many characters are a nightmare with unblockable feint when OOS, HL is no where near as cancerous as Wardens SB, first off, Warden has instant access to his cancer, 400 ms zone and 400 ms top light, and if you roll out of his spam, you get caught with a ridiculously fast 15-20 foot top heavy dash attack that can also execute.

Don't try to compare the two, HL takes a lot of skill to use as effectively as an average player can use Warden.

His SB needs a nerf somewhere, not sure where the best place to nerf it should be, but I think once fully charged there should be no more cancel. Once fully charged he can either let it go, for a free top heavy if it lands, or cancel it right before he lets loose and get a free GB while they dodge which is a side heavy, the timing is so tight that if done correctly, it is basically a guessing game that can be spammed non stop.

yfkutfui
09-20-2018, 04:17 PM
Only Wardens would defend the shield bash,

Erhanninja
09-27-2018, 11:44 PM
Itís quite ironic actually.

They want to break defensive meta but only way for me to avoid shoulder bash is to wait and dodge.

I used to interrupt it with light. Now I throw heavy before he starts charging it lands but doesnít interrupt it. So I end up taking more damage than I can do to him.

It can be cancelled 20 times times doesnít cost nearly any stamina. It can be cancelled any time during the move. Imagine moving 500 miles per hour and instantly stopping nice move.

Massive massive damage for such a cheesy move.

Devs think by introducing one extra button to cancel SB into GB they somehow balanced it. They are in denial. They just made the whole move worst.

I canít even dodge it anymore. The moment I see it I press dodge I get caught every single time.

Iím not even gonna talk about how ridicilious that valiant breakthrough or introducing zone attack anytime anywhere in his combo.

I think Warden is overall the most broken hero in this game right now. Ridicilious damage crazy stamina pool distance covering and every attack is a combo running dash etc.

KotoKuraken
09-27-2018, 11:47 PM
What I find ironic is that Warden rose all the way up to #4 top hero in Duels before his rework. He's probably doing even better after his rework as well, considering his bash is even better and more broken than it was last season

ChampionRuby50g
09-27-2018, 11:55 PM
Many characters are a nightmare with unblockable feint when OOS, HL is no where near as cancerous as Wardens SB, first off, Warden has instant access to his cancer, 400 ms zone and 400 ms top light, and if you roll out of his spam, you get caught with a ridiculously fast 15-20 foot top heavy dash attack that can also execute.

Don't try to compare the two, HL takes a lot of skill to use as effectively as an average player can use Warden.

His SB needs a nerf somewhere, not sure where the best place to nerf it should be, but I think once fully charged there should be no more cancel. Once fully charged he can either let it go, for a free top heavy if it lands, or cancel it right before he lets loose and get a free GB while they dodge which is a side heavy, the timing is so tight that if done correctly, it is basically a guessing game that can be spammed non stop.

Warden doesnít have any 400ms moves. All lights are 500ms, and Iím 99% sure that the zone attack is also 500ms.

HL gets 40+ damage confirmed with his grab or kick, with kick into grab been incredibly hard to read right, Warden deals much less damage than HL with his SB.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
09-28-2018, 08:48 PM
I didnt realize people complained about the Warden too. Smh.

The_B0G_
09-28-2018, 09:52 PM
Warden doesnít have any 400ms moves. All lights are 500ms, and Iím 99% sure that the zone attack is also 500ms.

HL gets 40+ damage confirmed with his grab or kick, with kick into grab been incredibly hard to read right, Warden deals much less damage than HL with his SB.

Have you played much HL? Just to get into offensive stance you need to throw a light, or already be in OS before the fight, in the offensive mode you can easily be knocked out by any attack, and most characters have much faster attacks then him.

Good luck getting the kick toss mixup out against an aggressive opponent, HL gives me nearly zero trouble at all in game, but Warden just has too much going on, his mixup is way worse than HL's can ever be, he can dodge right into his mixup, in any direction. He can then goto double side light or hit the bash again, hold the bash and possibly get a free top heavy, or cancel last second and zone into top unblockable, which can also be cancelled and used to crushing counter you, he doesn't have to commit to any attack at all, even in the late stages of attacks they can be cancelled. Fighting against a good Warden is just mentally exhausting.

KotoKuraken
09-28-2018, 10:15 PM
Have you played much HL? Just to get into offensive stance you need to throw a light, or already be in OS before the fight, in the offensive mode you can easily be knocked out by any attack, and most characters have much faster attacks then him.

I take it you haven't played much HL recently either. You don't need to throw an attack to get into Offensive Stance, they patched that a LONG time ago. You can also cancel your offensive stance into a crushing counter strike from any direction, which has a pretty lenient window at that.

As far as bashes go though, Warden and HL both do the same damage (40 on HL's kick/grab, 40 on Warden's charged bash). The difference is that HL gets 400ms dodge recovery while in OS (can dodge a whole myriad of things perfectly fine as well as hyperarmor grab through a truckload of attacks), and Warden can travel really far with his bash or decide to cancel his bash entirely if it's not safe

Velentix
09-28-2018, 10:38 PM
Warden is a real piece of work. his shoulder bash is definitly broken. the fact that it is a charge up move that can cancel mid execution is ******ed to the extreme. if they want any sort of balance for the sb it needs to be the same as all other bashes, you have to commit to it, it has a set timing, and the range is as short as the others bashes. the damage he can get from spamming this ungodly safe move is ridiculous as well.

The_B0G_
09-28-2018, 10:51 PM
I take it you haven't played much HL recently either. You don't need to throw an attack to get into Offensive Stance, they patched that a LONG time ago. You can also cancel your offensive stance into a crushing counter strike from any direction, which has a pretty lenient window at that.

As far as bashes go though, Warden and HL both do the same damage (40 on HL's kick/grab, 40 on Warden's charged bash). The difference is that HL gets 400ms dodge recovery while in OS (can dodge a whole myriad of things perfectly fine as well as hyperarmor grab through a truckload of attacks), and Warden can travel really far with his bash or decide to cancel his bash entirely if it's not safe

I understand you can get into OS without attacking, that's why I said you either do it after an attack or already be in OS before the fight begins. You could actually do that from the start, the only thing they changed was fast flowing into OS with a celtic curse startup.

I actually have him rep 20, so I understand he can dodge with fast recovery, but what I'm saying is that on console at least, all I ever do with any HL is get as close as possible and dish out my fastest attacks, once he's out of OS, he can't get back into it unless you give him room to breathe, which I don't.

I'm not saying HL is garbage, just that he's a difficult character to use and Warden is very easy to use, once you get the muscle memory to go between all the many variations of mixups that come from his shoulder bash you can just hammer them out without having to react to anything your opponent is doing.

Also rolling away doesn't help you with Warden, he gets a free dash heavy.

I think HL is similar to centurion in his gameplay style, a lot of effort goes into getting his famous mixup just to land it, and went you do, the other player has to watch helplessly while they're thrown to the ground and hit with a lot of damage, but the thing is, afterwards both Cent and HL need to let you up and regain your footing, free of further pressure for a second or two. The Cent has it in his animation to let you up, the HL has to because simply throwing a light into his kick/grab mixup followed by the UB heavy nearly puts him OOS.

Wardens mixups have no such restrictions and once you get into his SB mixup it isn't stopping until you're dead.

Maybe it's different on PC, but that's how it is on console.

KotoKuraken
09-29-2018, 12:25 AM
I understand you can get into OS without attacking, that's why I said you either do it after an attack or already be in OS before the fight begins. You could actually do that from the start, the only thing they changed was fast flowing into OS with a celtic curse startup.

I actually have him rep 20, so I understand he can dodge with fast recovery, but what I'm saying is that on console at least, all I ever do with any HL is get as close as possible and dish out my fastest attacks, once he's out of OS, he can't get back into it unless you give him room to breathe, which I don't.

I'm not saying HL is garbage, just that he's a difficult character to use and Warden is very easy to use, once you get the muscle memory to go between all the many variations of mixups that come from his shoulder bash you can just hammer them out without having to react to anything your opponent is doing.

Also rolling away doesn't help you with Warden, he gets a free dash heavy.

I think HL is similar to centurion in his gameplay style, a lot of effort goes into getting his famous mixup just to land it, and went you do, the other player has to watch helplessly while they're thrown to the ground and hit with a lot of damage, but the thing is, afterwards both Cent and HL need to let you up and regain your footing, free of further pressure for a second or two. The Cent has it in his animation to let you up, the HL has to because simply throwing a light into his kick/grab mixup followed by the UB heavy nearly puts him OOS.

Wardens mixups have no such restrictions and once you get into his SB mixup it isn't stopping until you're dead.

Maybe it's different on PC, but that's how it is on console.

I can definitely agree on that front. It's the same for both PC and console. On console, Warden can actually hit you while you're rolling with his charged bash and get a free 40 damage, and again there is that dashing heavy that's always guaranteed as well even if you roll. Also seeing as Warden was #4 on the duel list before his rework, I can only assume how far he's ascended. He's too easy to use and too easy to win with. He can instantly use his bash to get in damage, hold it to get more damage on an opponent who dodges, or even cancel it into gb or a parry.

It really needs to be addressed, because this rework was supposed to push more for his swordplay, not his shoulderplay, but they only made him more cancerous than he was before his original shoulderbash nerf back in Season 2

The_B0G_
09-29-2018, 04:07 AM
I can definitely agree on that front. It's the same for both PC and console. On console, Warden can actually hit you while you're rolling with his charged bash and get a free 40 damage, and again there is that dashing heavy that's always guaranteed as well even if you roll. Also seeing as Warden was #4 on the duel list before his rework, I can only assume how far he's ascended. He's too easy to use and too easy to win with. He can instantly use his bash to get in damage, hold it to get more damage on an opponent who dodges, or even cancel it into gb or a parry.

It really needs to be addressed, because this rework was supposed to push more for his swordplay, not his shoulderplay, but they only made him more cancerous than he was before his original shoulderbash nerf back in Season 2

Exactly. It was bad enough before, the rework mutated it into something way worse. I think the reworks are too inconsistent and coming too slow. Look at the difference between Orochi and PK reworks compared to Kensei and Wardens rework, PK gained nothing, lost a lot of damage, Orochi got light spam, yay; yet Warden and Kensei were reworked into complete animals, Conq regained his shield bash spam and turtle tactics that he lost initially.

The devs have a lot of explaining to do next week on the den about the comments regarding balances and the state of balance for season 6.

IlluminatiIzzy
09-29-2018, 11:19 AM
Let's not forget about the problems with berserker, on console atleast

Kargish1
09-29-2018, 11:37 AM
Guy in semi-full plated armor rushing at people at mach 7 without falling over from stopping. Warden is the strongest person in the universe when it comes to strength.

IlluminatiIzzy
09-29-2018, 12:01 PM
Anyone who disagrees that there is an issue with warden, kensei, berserker and conquerer either main those characters, haven't played the game long enough or are just plain stupid.

Jazz117Volkov
09-29-2018, 01:58 PM
The issue with nerfing the shoulder bash is it'll knock Warden down to trash tier.

It was already a minimal "hero update". They may as well just put it back to how it was.

retrobacon74
10-03-2018, 01:45 PM
i think that it is incredibly dumb (not trying to be offensive) that people complain about Warden's SB. it is definitely a good move, but it is not nearly as broken as so many other moves. for example, centurion just needs one parry to get around 60 damage off, highlander can go from kick into grab, a complete 50/50, shaman can throw you and a get a confirmed hit whether it is a wallsplat or not, not even to mention the ******* soft fiegns. Wardens shoulder bash is still reactable, much like shinobi's double dodge into kick or GB. while i think warden is a very good and viable character, i don't think his SB makes him over powered.

The_B0G_
10-03-2018, 04:15 PM
i think that it is incredibly dumb (not trying to be offensive) that people complain about Warden's SB. it is definitely a good move, but it is not nearly as broken as so many other moves. for example, centurion just needs one parry to get around 60 damage off, highlander can go from kick into grab, a complete 50/50, shaman can throw you and a get a confirmed hit whether it is a wallsplat or not, not even to mention the ******* soft fiegns. Wardens shoulder bash is still reactable, much like shinobi's double dodge into kick or GB. while i think warden is a very good and viable character, i don't think his SB makes him over powered.

No offence, but it's incredibly dumb comparing anything cent has to Warden, Cent is one of the weakest in the game and only gets a heavy from a GB unless right next to a wall, a parry nets him a free heavy as well unless his back is the the wall and you do your special parry counter, and getting 60 damage from a wall bang isn't that uncommon for the whole cast, lot's of characters get a high damage punish from a wall bang.

HL's mixup can only be accessed by going into OS, Warden just needs to dodge, it's way easier to access and abuse than anything HL has, HL actually can't even do his mixup more than once without having to stop to regain his stamina, unlike warden which is all SB attacks and feints until you're dead. You can also roll out of HL's mixup, you roll from a warden you get nailed with a 30 foot top heavy dash attack.

Make the full SB charge non feintable and it would probably be ok, risk vs reward wise, or at least make it so any attack knocks him out of the charge up.

I'd say the devs would know better than me how to nerf it but I'm not sure they do either, one thing is certain though, Warden is the EZ mode character in the game right now, and needs to have something done to his SB, feinting it should cost most stamina or something, the power of the move aside, it looks straight up corny as hell fighting wardens now.

Roseguard_Cpt
10-03-2018, 04:39 PM
What if we just made it so if the Warden misses the SB he falls on the floor for having flung himself bodily at such high speeds?