PDA

View Full Version : How many Bombers, Fighters can you get good frames with what CPU?

VF-3Thunderboy
05-09-2005, 06:52 PM
Ok what are your specs, and what are you getting in respect to placing lots of Bombers/Fighters in the game?

Can anyone get 100 planes various and get frames over 25FPS..?

VF-3Thunderboy
05-09-2005, 06:52 PM
Ok what are your specs, and what are you getting in respect to placing lots of Bombers/Fighters in the game?

Can anyone get 100 planes various and get frames over 25FPS..?

marcocomparato
05-09-2005, 07:49 PM
OK, total truth, i get roughly 110fps average with full Perfect water and most details set to '2' in the conf.ini file.

yes, its somewhat because of my 4000+ 64bit CPU and 6800GT (and there is no excuse for not having this too, if you are a grown man with a job. take this hobby seriously and pay the money it deserves and you will find less and less problems.

However, i also have gotten as low as 30fps average in the same scenarios with the SAME RIG.

what do i mean? is this crazy talk? actually it is not. its the most real wisdom you will find on this forum.

if you are not seeing what you roughly expect for your FPS scores, then STRIP what drivers you have and re-install.

sometimes i HAVE to reinstall windows and its drivers ten times to get the right frameright.

drivers are just down-right buggy. I worked for a graphics card company and can confirm this from testing : the same driver on the same hardware, installed differently, can make a 200% difference in performance.

its that simple.

EnGaurde
05-10-2005, 12:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> its the most real wisdom you will find on this forum </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

easy now tiger, you obviously know you are a very very smart individual but to the rest of us you are, after all, just another poster on an international forum? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

to get people to listen, you might want to work on your delivery too.... you come across a bit.... you know. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

i agree with you. Ive had many issues with old drivers and bad installs, Ive ghosted more than a few installs after i got it just right.

Snappy start up times and the like, no hesitation etc all make for a keeper.

Finkeren
05-10-2005, 02:25 AM
I made a mission with UQMB of a B-17G bombing raid on Berlin, I think there were 94 AC in action. I was flying a Bf 109G-6.
I got around 20-25 FPS during the rather intense fighting that ensued, but I dropped below 1 FPS when the bombs hit their target.