PDA

View Full Version : What a completely different experiance...

yfkutfui
08-31-2018, 05:38 PM
it is playing FH on PC as opposed to PS4?

I appear to be a block/parry god on PC whereas I can barely block a heavy on PS4 let alone a light, I was parrying Orochi and Aramusha Lights on PC with relative ease? I can't even see them on PS4, I'm usually just left lying dead wondering what just happened to me?

is it all down to a mouse instead of a controller?

Lord_Cherubi
08-31-2018, 05:42 PM
It is down to framerates. On PC the game runs in 60FPS whereas on console it's 30FPS. Sadly, i think the devs said console players won't ever see 60 because of technical restrictions.

David_gorda
08-31-2018, 05:46 PM
Yeah this Game is awful on console, the lightspam is crazy. Its a shame devs balance this Game for PC with a smaller playerbase and let us console players suffer from the lightspam :(

Koncrissant
08-31-2018, 06:38 PM
Thats the reason No One should Buy steel or expansions !

Boycott all these stuff and maybe they consider to balance Consoles!

Lord_Cherubi
08-31-2018, 06:48 PM
What i've been hearing from the PC players is that orochi for example is very close to being useless due to how much easier it is to block/parry. Now i don't know how it's really like myself but i sure know that's not what i want either, fast lights are meant to be hard to react to, you're not supposed to block them all the time.

Koncrissant
08-31-2018, 06:59 PM
400ms lights comes out as 100to200ms lights!
Thats not hard to react to its A Broken Experience on Consoles!
Hard is one thing!
Broken is another!

Btw if you are not able to hit anyone without broken light attacks the game may not be for you!?

You think its Reasonable to break the game for most people only to let others enjoy a ****spamfest like that?
Without any strategy or style??
Just Mashing buttons like ******?

DefiledDragon
08-31-2018, 07:32 PM
Hard is one thing!
Broken is another!

Btw if you are not able to hit anyone without broken light attacks the game may not be for you!?

You think its Reasonable to break the game for most people only to let others enjoy a ****spamfest like that?

It's not really fair to blame Ubisoft because Microsoft and Sony decided to build gaming platforms out of tin cans and banana peel.

Lord_Cherubi
08-31-2018, 07:35 PM
Hard is one thing!
Broken is another!

Dude i play on PS4, i know exactly how it's like. But after so long since Orochi rework i've trained myself to the point where it's no longer impossible for me to counter but rather an annoyance.

Koncrissant
08-31-2018, 08:08 PM
Yes Blame Sony and the console!
Shaman is fine
Orochi is Fine
Lights are no problem!
Abusable spam moves no problem!
Game is Balanced and Competitive!

voiddp
09-01-2018, 12:01 AM
blame your TV without gameing mode with fast refresh rate, and wireless gamepads.
Its fine on console too if you have hardware for reactional games.

Vordred
09-01-2018, 01:28 AM
blame your TV without gameing mode with fast refresh rate, and wireless gamepads.
Its fine on console too if you have hardware for reactional games.

doesn't really matter when the frame rate is half that of the pc one, doesn't matter how fast your tv refreshes, the game is still running at 30fps.

it has always puzzled me when they balance the game around that 60fps, when 2 out of 3 platforms run a 30fps, they should have separate numbers.

Arekonator
09-01-2018, 03:06 AM
>choose inferior platform
>complain about inferior experience

dinosaurlicker
09-01-2018, 03:19 AM
Itís not anyoneís fault except for Ubi. 90% of their playerbase is on console yet they balance it for PC. And they do a ****ty job at that. The only reason anybody still plays is for cosmetics and visuals, nothing else.

paulwall_816
09-01-2018, 05:35 AM
Well most of us have had enough of this game after just reading your comments seems to me that the devs wants this as a pc game instead of console if pc has advantages over console. This game had potential in the early days but seems that all the changes are better for pc then console. I say all console player stop playing see if they fix the issues.

Capoupacap
09-01-2018, 10:35 AM
To my opinion (i play on xbox and PC), both gameplay have their positive and negative:

Console (considering you're smart enough to have set you TV on game mode and plugged your gamepad):

+ game is fast enough so the parry cancel dance we see at middle/high level doesn't really exist
+ Light parry has this kind of real lucky bet parry

- Light spam strategy from quick opponent

PC:

+ optimal reaction time (could be diminished slightly to my opinion)
+ acces to update before the other
+ acces to test server

- The parry cancel dance
- Turteling meta is much more visible than on console

ChampionRuby50g
09-01-2018, 10:58 AM
>choose inferior platform
>complain about inferior experience

Dumb thing to say. Consoles can run 60fps. Itís not the platform thatís the issue.

voiddp
09-01-2018, 01:03 PM
doesn't really matter when the frame rate is half that of the pc one, doesn't matter how fast your tv refreshes, the game is still running at 30fps.

it has always puzzled me when they balance the game around that 60fps, when 2 out of 3 platforms run a 30fps, they should have separate numbers.
Omg man just learn what frame rate is.
It is fps 30vs 60 that does NOT matter lol, and other stuff do matter
30 fps is 1000/30 = 33ms per frame
60 fps is 1000/60 = 17ms per frame
Difference from framerate is just this - you can see frame with some red arrow from 0 to 16 ms later on 30fps than you see at 60
Negligent.

TV without gaming mode adds around 100ms delay to the time you can see frame with arrow.
Wireless gamepad adds 90ms to your input after you react to that arrow.
WIFi connections adda random 20-50 ms lags to both your input and output.
So casually playing on console from slow TV, wireless gamepad over WIFI and you slowing down your reaction with total of the 200-250 ms just from bad casual hardware.
So everyone can just go fix their problems. Find some gaming mode in their TV to switch to it, or change hardware from casual to competitive.
PC is better because of fast monitors and everything wirred. Not because of 60fps

If you wait for 60fps to magicaly fix your problems it won't happen. But you can fix them without devs reworking it for 60fps in vain.

People who know all that and chose their hardware accourdingly if they play high reaction games like this one, do play on concoles with normal reaction speeds just fine even now.