PDA

View Full Version : A little bit of help....

spface
06-10-2007, 03:51 PM
Hi boys, just wondering, i just reinstalled il2, then AEP and PF, and patched all to 4.04.... However i also have 1946, and installed, and i´ve realized, i think, that its enough to install 1946 on its own to have it all, i mean, i did not have to install il2,aep,fb, i just had to install 1946 to have it all, is that correct??

Also, how can i tweak or config the config.ini to have the max eye candy settings? also, is anyone playing with a Hotas force feedback thrustmaster top gun joystick and has anyone has settings for it, with the default i feel its pretty difficult to line up a shot, my gunsight goes all over the place sort of thing....i think its got something to do with the joystick configuration tho... any help with the config etc...?
Cheers, Spitfireace.

spface
06-10-2007, 03:51 PM
Hi boys, just wondering, i just reinstalled il2, then AEP and PF, and patched all to 4.04.... However i also have 1946, and installed, and i´ve realized, i think, that its enough to install 1946 on its own to have it all, i mean, i did not have to install il2,aep,fb, i just had to install 1946 to have it all, is that correct??

Also, how can i tweak or config the config.ini to have the max eye candy settings? also, is anyone playing with a Hotas force feedback thrustmaster top gun joystick and has anyone has settings for it, with the default i feel its pretty difficult to line up a shot, my gunsight goes all over the place sort of thing....i think its got something to do with the joystick configuration tho... any help with the config etc...?
Cheers, Spitfireace.

FoolTrottel
06-10-2007, 04:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">i just had to install 1946 to have it all, is that correct? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif (And then install patch 4.08m in order to really 'have it all')

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Also, how can i tweak or config the config.ini to have the max eye candy settings? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Will depend on what make/model graphics card you are using... in game, select the highest options available for graphics, and set water=4 (or 3) for NVidia cards, 1 or 2 for ATI.

Also: IL2Setup explained (by Covino) (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/ubb.x/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/6651075613/p/1)
Joystick settings are rather personal... and dependant on make/model of the stick, and how old it is...

The links in my sig lead to utilities that can help you change sensitivity settings...

Good Luck!

Xiolablu3
06-10-2007, 04:26 PM
SOunds like you COULD have the infamous 'Wobbles'

We have all had it one time or another after a screwed up install.

Uninstall everything and install 1946 on its own, should fix it.

spface
06-10-2007, 05:46 PM
Thanks for your help guys. Will uninstall it all, (man i spent so long getting the patches....and i had 1946 there sitting....) and will install 1946 on its own, where can i get the final patch, 4.08 i think it is...?...

The wobbles.... yeah well, no worries. I´ll see if i can get rid of that with the reinstall and tweaking the joystick a tad.

Cheers,

Spitfireace

FoolTrottel
06-10-2007, 11:02 PM
Patch 4.08m at Mission4Today (http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=1908)