Siegfried-Z
08-27-2018, 11:48 PM
All is said. .. tired of this broken mech

Halvtand
08-28-2018, 03:53 PM
Duel mode.

The_B0G_
08-28-2018, 04:15 PM
Besides duel, you could also try not gang banging every opponent you come across... there's always other things you can do besides hop in on a 3v1.

Cap zones, clear B.

SpaceJim12
08-28-2018, 04:53 PM
Besides duel, you could also try not gang banging every opponent you come across... there's always other things you can do besides hop in on a 3v1.

Cap zones, clear B.

Blah-blah-blah.
When you guys stop to deny the obvious? In revenge build in 4v4 modes people gain revenge from couple blocks. Assassins with their feat could gain it even faster. Since revenge gives you tons of shield and could be almost infinite in revenge build it's a real problem.
My favorite moments it's when two assassins gunking you 2v1 and one of them get revenge faster than you. =) Tell me about "gang banging" after that.

Siegfried-Z
08-28-2018, 05:17 PM
Duel mode.

Cap zones, clear B.

Thanks guys for your constructive answer. Only sarcasm there.

Of course i am talking about 4v4 first and what if i disagree with revenge mech i am only a Gank guy which is always waiting friends ? You don't know anything of me but are judging so fast.

The fact is that you dont even need to gank someone to give him revenge now with how it works... in group fight it happen really really too often that after 15 sec everyone is just in Super Saiyan mode... that's just ridiculous.

I get salt when i lost because of revenge and feel bad when i won because of it too , i just dislike it overall.

What is the point of giving so fast a double health plus constent HA after 5 sec alone against two opponents ? You are even better in 1v2 than 2v1 now, thats not realistic.

Nothing to do with Ganking.. i am fine at loosing at 1v3 because gess what ? it is normal, realistic, logic... not winning this because i get my revenge 2 or 3 times....

Blah-blah-blah.
When you guys stop to deny the obvious? In revenge build in 4v4 modes people gain revenge from couple blocks. Assassins with their feat could gain it even faster. Since revenge gives you tons of shield and could be almost infinite in revenge build it's a real problem.
My favorite moments it's when two assassins gunking you 2v1 and one of them get revenge faster than you. =) Tell me about "gang banging" after that.

Thanks Space ! At least some are thinking before talking there ^^

SpaceJim12
08-28-2018, 05:32 PM
Thanks Space ! At least some are thinking before talking there ^^

Your welcome.=)
Revenge build is one of major thing why I don't want to play anymore. Just hope perks system will change something. But with all this free-to-play vibes I really think perks will be somehow OP too in right combination. And people still will be forced to open chests to get this OP combination. More chests means more steel.

DefiledDragon
08-28-2018, 05:35 PM
Your welcome.=)
Revenge build is one of major thing why I don't want to play anymore. Just hope perks system will change something. But with all this free-to-play vibes I really think perks will be somehow OP too in right combination. And people still will be forced to open chests to get this OP combination. More chests means more steel.

Play Infernal Dominion. Gear stats aren't a thing, so revenge builds are out the window straight away and there are no feats either, so revenge assassins are out too. It's a much less cheap version of Dominion.

Vordred
08-28-2018, 05:46 PM
it's always been a probably with this game, the devs tend to come across a potential problem, and just add some mechanic to try and fix it, rather than work adjust the Art of Battle, and ends up causing more problems outside of the one it was meant to fix.

prople might get Xvs1, rather than work that into the core system and maybe add friendly fire, so you could use your positioning and skill to deal with more than one player, nah we will just give you a super buff. which ends up orriginally being used in duels, and massively exploited in 4v4.

the defensive meta, rather than fix the core issues with the art of battle system, which was that Parrying rewarded you would guarantee damage, make defence the best way to do damage and attack the best way to end up dead. rather than change how parries worked or anything like that, nah instead we will add tons of unblockables, bashes and combos that guarantee damage.

turning 4v4 into a massive Cluster F of unblockable spam.

it seems to be a running theme, instead of take the time to change or fix things with the core game mechanics, it just lets just add something as a quick fix that has a knock-on effect on other things, then we add some bs to fix those problems and so on.

SpaceJim12
08-29-2018, 09:46 AM
Play Infernal Dominion. Gear stats aren't a thing, so revenge builds are out the window straight away and there are no feats either, so revenge assassins are out too. It's a much less cheap version of Dominion.

Don't like color filter there. And don't forget that after thursday you will return to regular Dominion. It's not a solution, it's temporary negation of the problem.

it seems to be a running theme, instead of take the time to change or fix things with the core game mechanics, it just lets just add something as a quick fix that has a knock-on effect on other things, then we add some bs to fix those problems and so on.

Ubi just don't have balls to change thier core battle system. It's obviously broken, stupid and rewarded some abuses. But devs still smiling on the Dens and say "git gud, loser".

The_B0G_
08-29-2018, 12:26 PM
Maybe a couple of successful parrys and you could get revenge, it takes more than a "couple of blocks" though. Even with revenge builds. The feats only generate extra revenge on attacking, so blocking and parrying wouldn't help you gain revenge faster with the feat.

I wasn't trying to be sarcastic or obvious with my answer, when I play with my buddies in a 4man group, we only help each other with 1v1s when they actually need it, 2v1 isn't too bad if you don't just throw raw unfeinted attacks one after another, if you do that it's pretty easy to get revenge.

Sometimes I'll help a teammate in a 1v1 just by getting close and feinting heavy's and never even attacking. It throws enemies off and makes them go for parrys when there are none to get, making him eat attacks from your teammate.

If you go 3v1 or 4v1 you can't really complain about revenge, play smarter boys. If you're having that much trouble with revenge you're doing something wrong and if its 3v1 or 4v1 then 1 person with revenge should still go down pretty easy.

Keep complaining and throwing easy to block attacks and bashes that make revenge skyrocket though, it's the game and not you (sarcasm).

The_B0G_
08-29-2018, 12:38 PM
Even if you guys get a revenge free 4v4, all it will be is death balling, game after game. No one will play it.

Siegfried-Z
08-29-2018, 12:55 PM
Maybe a couple of successful parrys and you could get revenge, it takes more than a "couple of blocks" though. Even with revenge builds. The feats only generate extra revenge on attacking, so blocking and parrying wouldn't help you gain revenge faster with the feat.

I wasn't trying to be sarcastic or obvious with my answer, when I play with my buddies in a 4man group, we only help each other with 1v1s when they actually need it, 2v1 isn't too bad if you don't just throw raw unfeinted attacks one after another, if you do that it's pretty easy to get revenge.

Sometimes I'll help a teammate in a 1v1 just by getting close and feinting heavy's and never even attacking. It throws enemies off and makes them go for parrys when there are none to get, making him eat attacks from your teammate.

If you go 3v1 or 4v1 you can't really complain about revenge, play smarter boys. If you're having that much trouble with revenge you're doing something wrong and if its 3v1 or 4v1 then 1 person with revenge should still go down pretty easy.

Keep complaining and throwing easy to block attacks and bashes that make revenge skyrocket though, it's the game and not you (sarcasm).

Man i know you're just trying to help but i am well aware of how to fight in 2v1 smartly... but the fact is that with revenge buff in s6 people don't even try to do a thing. You talk about only feinting but even targeting someone give him revenge faster.

Another thing is that players now in 1v2 situation don't even try to fight before revenge, they just turtle and wait for it... again and again... that's why for exemple a good Conq is close to unkillable sometimes.

I am rep 111 overall so i know how to do but htis is a mojor problem .. it comes too fast and is a too strong buff.

Even if you guys get a revenge free 4v4, all it will be is death balling, game after game. No one will play it.

Don't agree, i believe a lot pf players would love a mode only base on pure fight, no revenge and maybe no feats as well.

SpaceJim12
08-29-2018, 01:02 PM

I always try to figure out, what kind of ******* you should be to do feints in back of your teammate's opponents. Well, quess now I met you.

As for revenge. Yes, sure, it's works perfect and never let advantage in 1v1 and 2v1 fights. Sure. That's why so many threads about revenge all around forum. Well, I'm not surprise that someone who abuse feinting in teamfights have no problem with broken game mechanic called Revenge.

SpaceJim12
08-29-2018, 01:04 PM

Remember what some "top tier players" and devs always say to us? There is no deathball in Dominion. Mode full of tactical experience.

The_B0G_
08-29-2018, 01:44 PM
I always try to figure out, what kind of ******* you should be to do feints in back of your teammate's opponents. Well, quess now I met you.

As for revenge. Yes, sure, it's works perfect and never let advantage in 1v1 and 2v1 fights. Sure. That's why so many threads about revenge all around forum. Well, I'm not surprise that someone who abuse feinting in teamfights have no problem with broken game mechanic called Revenge.

So feinting attacks in a 2v1 is unfair? Kind of like revenge is unfair, and feats are unfair and ganking is unfair and gear stats are unfair. We can do this all day.

Revenge in 1v1 should not be a thing, I 100% agree with you there but if you can't beat someone 1v1 and you need the advantage of another player attacking him as well, how is it unfair for him to get revenge? Thats pretty hypocritical.

The_B0G_
08-29-2018, 01:50 PM
Remember what some "top tier players" and devs always say to us? There is no deathball in Dominion. Mode full of tactical experience.

When you solo queue, having no more in game voice chat since dedicated servers, it makes it near impossible to coordinate with randoms against gank squads.

If you queue with a group, it's not so much of a obstacle dealing with gank squads, you can either group up yourselves, or keep them running around, never getting more than one zone at a time.

Now can you imagine how much worse ganking will be if revenge mode wasn't there to deter people?

SpaceJim12
08-29-2018, 02:07 PM
So feinting attacks in a 2v1 is unfair? Kind of like revenge is unfair, and feats are unfair and ganking is unfair and gear stats are unfair. We can do this all day.

Well, maybe it's only me, but I hate when someone goes behind you and start do fake attacks. And yes it's abuse for me. Feint need to overplay your opponent. But use to makes someone's indicator blink like Christmas Tree is abuse of another broken mechanic. Well, I think most of game's battle system looks broken in 4v4 modes. Maybe it's not players' fault, that devs can't decided which game they developing.

Now can you imagine how much worse ganking will be if revenge mode wasn't there to deter people?

Imagine gamemode worse, then dominion is a really hard to do, yes.=)

Xil_h
08-29-2018, 02:19 PM
Well, maybe it's only me, but I hate when someone goes behind you and start do fake attacks. And yes it's abuse for me. Feint need to overplay your opponent. But use to makes someone's indicator blink like Christmas Tree is abuse of another broken mechanic. Well, I think most of game's battle system looks broken in 4v4 modes. Maybe it's not players' fault, that devs can't decided which game they developing.

Imagine gamemode worse, then dominion is a really hard to do, yes.=)

These posts...
They give me the picture of a little crying kid that complains that everything is unfair as long it makes it not easy to win

Feints are unfair.
Blocking is unfair
2v1 is unfair
3v1 is unfair
4v1 is unfair
Mechanics that reduce the punish in 1v2/3/4 are unfair

And so on

SpaceJim12
08-29-2018, 03:09 PM
These posts...
They give me the picture of a little crying kid that complains that everything is unfair as long it makes it not easy to win

Feints are unfair.
Blocking is unfair
2v1 is unfair
3v1 is unfair
4v1 is unfair
Mechanics that reduce the punish in 1v2/3/4 are unfair

And so on

These posts...
They give me the picture of little trolly jerk that use every dirty trick to humiliate players in PvP games, and makes it easy to win.

Feints abusable
Xv1 abusable
Bashes abusable
Broken mechanic which let you use easy way to win instead of playing abusable

And so on.

See? I can do it too. Wow!

Siegfried-Z
08-29-2018, 04:26 PM
Only revenge topic here anyway ...

But yes revenge in 1v2 is unfair because the buff is too strong .

Loosing a 1v2 or 1v3 is looking fair .. winning it alone by getting revenge each 20secs is not.

It should be like a little buff as +20HP if 1v2 and so on depending on how many opponents you're fighting but not more.
Revenge is just a super saiyen mode .. by the kamehameha emote and build revenge gear and you've got Goku squad against broly in Dominion haha

voiddp
08-30-2018, 09:01 AM
Revenge is fine now.
Actually makes dominion more smart teamplay mode. Dont feed revenge, less ganking. Ganking only with some specific characters. And with some either just guard their back a bit, or do something else for a team.

Before last revenge buff most of dominions was just unplayable because of stupid gankfest and deathballs. Now you can play it without these even on gank friendly maps. Dominions are a lot more fun now even with revenge builds

Siegfried-Z
08-30-2018, 11:05 AM
Revenge is fine now.
Actually makes dominion more smart teamplay mode. Dont feed revenge, less ganking. Ganking only with some specific characters. And with some either just guard their back a bit, or do something else for a team.

Before last revenge buff most of dominions was just unplayable because of stupid gankfest and deathballs. Now you can play it without these even on gank friendly maps. Dominions are a lot more fun now even with revenge builds

Well it looks we don't have the same xp in the game at all.. revenge is coming now even in not ganking situations... there are almost never team fights without few players got it... that's horrible and kill any gameplay.. common everyone is just waiting revenge now in dom...

voiddp
08-30-2018, 11:22 AM
Almost never happens in one on one situations. Only if some player was just fighting, won, and next I am attacking him after that. He has his bar filled somewhat and can popup it. No problems with that. His fight goes a lot longer so he can stuck up.
And if you are ganking someone 2vs1 what should he do? wildly swing around waiting to be interrupted by other guy? So sure players in unfavorable situations play defensively. If you call it 'just waiting for revenge" so be it. Also revenge doesn't help to live much longer in most cases of smarter team ganking. Too much unblockables and bashes in this game. And also there are moves that can disable revenged person almost for all duration.

SpaceJim12
08-30-2018, 11:50 AM
Almost never happens in one on one situations. Only if some player was just fighting, won, and next I am attacking him after that. He has his bar filled somewhat and can popup it. No problems with that. His fight goes a lot longer so he can stuck up.

This is issue as well. Devs said somewhere in season 4 (not sure) that revenge bar should goes to zero, if you killed someone. But as we all can see, nothing like this happening.

Siegfried-Z
08-30-2018, 12:24 PM
And if you are ganking someone 2vs1 what should he do? wildly swing around waiting to be interrupted by other guy? So sure players in unfavorable situations play defensively. If you call it 'just waiting for revenge" so be it. Also revenge doesn't help to live much longer in most cases of smarter team ganking. Too much unblockables and bashes in this game. And also there are moves that can disable revenged person almost for all duration.

I don't say it is not possible to handle against a guy in revenge.

But in Dom how it is now, a real 1v1 is not that often, most of times others players come into.
And in my opinion it come too fast, excpet some moove as you say that can disable for all duration but then you have to play one of these few char whoch has it.I am just bored about it because you're almost fighting in revenge or against revenge half of times in dom.. that's not normal.

Anyway i've always been one of guys totally against the revenge mech. In my opinion it should be a little help/buff like that :

If 1v2 you get +20HP after if your "revenge" bar got full
+40 if 1V3 and +60 if 1V4 and you can only get it one time.

So it is like a "last breath" buff.

But i find this revenge mode with a double HP shield, dmg buff and full HA stupid.. iof course this is only my opinion but i believe revenge is one of things which made the game toxic currently with broken feats, MM and ledges everywhere.

AzureSky.
08-30-2018, 01:36 PM
? Revenge is not a problem currently, only to people that don't know how to gank and go spamming attacks thinking that will work.

The correct way is spamming CC while your friend hits them with a damaging heavy, or make a "cinematic" (centurion or shinobi one) and time the damage at the last frame of their damage.

take your pick, shugoki hug, lawbringer pole, you can also do it on conqueror shield bashes or warden charged shoulder ones, easy as that, and if they pop revenge you back off while they waste it on just one opponent, with that opponent just blocking and rolling if neccesary.

We are in CC meta, not revenge one :) there's a reason deathballing is a issue and also why they buffed revenge, it actually needs more buffs to make you invunerable to CC in specific situations.

Here, i think both you and spacejim need it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UoNJk3aOng

SpaceJim12
08-30-2018, 03:26 PM
We are in CC meta, not revenge one there's a reason deathballing is a issue and also why they buffed revenge, it actually needs more buffs to make you invunerable to CC in specific situations.

I don't need it. I know all this tricks and don't think I want to use em. Anyway, I will never play Dominion again, so...
As I metioned people get revenge too often and too fast with revenge builds. And I agree with Siegfried-Z, that revenge buff made us all a freak show more than warriors. If your opponent not noob, he will go full turtle after one hit and wait for revenge. And than he will use it to kill you quicker, thrn you can get yours revenge.

If you think revenge underpowered, so you need some anti-gunks tutorial videos, instead of this "How to gunk".

MuscleTech12018
08-30-2018, 03:32 PM
I so laugh when kids cry about revenge in 4 vs 4 :))

"Revenge is perfect this way, it will teach them not to gank anymore" HAHAHAH. Then what's the point of this game ? This game basicaly turned in a 4 vs 4 duel mode. Now if you even fail to land a single light attack he gets revenge and kills you both (especially if it's an assasin class).

But yeah, keep crying and beg for more revenge buffs while you play dominion modes :))

Siegfried-Z
08-30-2018, 05:29 PM
? Revenge is not a problem currently, only to people that don't know how to gank and go spamming attacks thinking that will work.

The correct way is spamming CC while your friend hits them with a damaging heavy, or make a "cinematic" (centurion or shinobi one) and time the damage at the last frame of their damage.

take your pick, shugoki hug, lawbringer pole, you can also do it on conqueror shield bashes or warden charged shoulder ones, easy as that, and if they pop revenge you back off while they waste it on just one opponent, with that opponent just blocking and rolling if neccesary.

We are in CC meta, not revenge one :) there's a reason deathballing is a issue and also why they buffed revenge, it actually needs more buffs to make you invunerable to CC in specific situations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UoNJk3aOng

Man, why lot of guys here are thinking that others don't know the game beacuse they disagree with.

I don't need this vid or others advices like this, i know everything of this i am rep 112 and i don't land attack stupidly since Season 2.

Doesn't matter how smart you play, in my skill bracket if the guy is a decent player and if you or your friend are not playing a char with cutscene like Cent, shugo etc, the guy gonna have at least his revenge one time . That's a fact

AzureSky.
08-31-2018, 12:03 AM
Man, why lot of guys here are thinking that others don't know the game beacuse they disagree with.

I don't need this vid or others advices like this, i know everything of this i am rep 112 and i don't land attack stupidly since Season 2.

Doesn't matter how smart you play, in my skill bracket if the guy is a decent player and if you or your friend are not playing a char with cutscene like Cent, shugo etc, the guy gonna have at least his revenge one time . That's a fact

yeah and you will be hugging them with shugo while they are in revenge, so what?

Do you really want to take out revenge so zerging becomes a issue and nobody plays 4+ players modes? Revenge is needed to make skill > zerging, if you want to zerg with team mates do it the proper way, knowing how to gank, if you knew how to gank you wouldn't be complaining about revenge, people need to be able to skillfully win vs more players, revenge is the tool the devs gave us to do it, it's that or reworking how CC works so you can't stack it and also make players invunerable to CC on parry or counter guard break.

Just taking away revenge gives a lot of problems to the game.

NHLGoldenKnight
08-31-2018, 12:34 AM
Revenge is just a bull, the way it is now. I swear, I have players activate revenge on me after 3 blocks.

There are multiple issues with revenge but main ones are:

1. Revenge abuse. It is not more used as defensive tactics but offensive one. Max out your revenge and intentionally jump among group of players who didn't even go after you. If you are Berserker or HL, even better.

2. Revenge meter shouldn't fill during 1v1 in any circumstances. This one is self explanatory.

3. Revenge feat should be removed completely and in no way should be at disposal to assasins.

Imo, revenge should be replaced by something new that will give you extra shield and increased speed so you can try to run away. But as long as revenge gives you attack bonus, it will be abused.

SpaceJim12
08-31-2018, 09:15 AM
Do you really want to take out revenge so zerging becomes a issue and nobody plays 4+ players modes? Revenge is needed to make skill > zerging, if you want to zerg with team mates do it the proper way, knowing how to gank, if you knew how to gank you wouldn't be complaining about revenge, people need to be able to skillfully win vs more players, revenge is the tool the devs gave us to do it, it's that or reworking how CC works so you can't stack it and also make players invunerable to CC on parry or counter guard break.

Ha-ha-ha...
And you never saw, how group of gunkers just stay out of you until your revenge will end up?
The problem a lot of people here can't see, that revenge don't do much in 1v4 situation. The only way revengr works now it's easy win in 1v1 or infinite revenge in 2v1. That's all. If revenge do so much as someone here think in 4v1, we can't see gunk in the game at all. But it's still the best way to play Dominion.

Siegfried-Z
08-31-2018, 09:37 AM
yeah and you will be hugging them with shugo while they are in revenge, so what?

Just taking away revenge gives a lot of problems to the game.

Cant discuss with someone like you.
Your answer just proov what i said above.. because i don't think the same as you, you think i don't know how to play, how to gank etc .. from this point no need to discuss.

But your best sentence so far is when you said Revenge is needed to keep skills in 4v4 .... 😅😅

But if you need a super buff each time you meet 2 opponents To feel confident then go ahead.