PDA

View Full Version : Fix Raider Unlock Tech

dinosaurlicker
08-27-2018, 09:02 PM
I thought this was fixed but I keep seeing Raiders COMPLETELY unlock for free zone damage. I get that locking onto an external target so your opponent canít parry is one thing, but I keep seeing raiders COMPLETELY unlock and hit everyone with a 50 damage unblockable. This needs a fix

Charmzzz
08-27-2018, 09:15 PM
Inb4 the Raider Mains coming in to tell you to "just dodge"...

It is broken af - with Revenge and high Damage Gear it deals 60+ Damage.

Mirage6201
08-27-2018, 10:58 PM
It needs to be fixed

yfkutfui
08-28-2018, 12:21 AM
Inb4 the Raider Mains coming in to tell you to "just dodge"...

It is broken af - with Revenge and high Damage Gear it deals 60+ Damage.

Just Dodge and Git Gud?, wasn't that the Peacekeeper mantra, nay actually their registered trademark circa S1-S4? you know when she was ridiculously op and slaying everyone?, yup I distinctly remember us all being told by the many PK mains that we all just needed to STFU and learn to dodge and Git gud.

Right back at ya!!!!!

Knight_Raime
08-28-2018, 12:35 AM
I thought this was fixed but I keep seeing Raiders COMPLETELY unlock for free zone damage. I get that locking onto an external target so your opponent can’t parry is one thing, but I keep seeing raiders COMPLETELY unlock and hit everyone with a 50 damage unblockable. This needs a fix

Not sure you understand what unlock tech is. Unlocking completely doesn't give him the ability to hit everyone. He can do that already due to how external attacks work. The in combo zone is easily dodged when you're playing with actually decent dominion players. Usually the only good time to let it rip is when someone sets you up for it. (ex a long arm from LB.)

Mirage6201
08-28-2018, 01:57 AM
I disagree, itís abused all the time. It doesnít need a setup from a LB. All it takes is someone to not interrupt the zone. The combo needs to stop when wiffed or something.

ArchDukeInstinct
08-28-2018, 04:56 AM
Just Dodge and Git Gud?, wasn't that the Peacekeeper mantra, nay actually their registered trademark circa S1-S4? you know when she was ridiculously op and slaying everyone?, yup I distinctly remember us all being told by the many PK mains that we all just needed to STFU and learn to dodge and Git gud.

Right back at ya!!!!!

Yeah man I remember back in the day when you had to dodge, dip, dive, duck, and dodge all those unblockable peacekeeper bashes. A true nightmare.

dinosaurlicker
08-28-2018, 06:54 AM
Not sure you understand what unlock tech is. Unlocking completely doesn't give him the ability to hit everyone. He can do that already due to how external attacks work. The in combo zone is easily dodged when you're playing with actually decent dominion players. Usually the only good time to let it rip is when someone sets you up for it. (ex a long arm from LB.)

Unlocking makes it:

1. Unpunishable
2. Unstoppable

That is broken. Thereís too many situations in which itís not possible to avoid. I would be fine if this move was restricted to lock and required externals, but right now you can unlock so nobody can parry it. Thatís not fair. Or are you saying the stuff that nobushi abused a year ago to win the season 3 tournament is fair? Itís the same lol

Charmzzz
08-28-2018, 07:16 AM

Right back at ya!!!!!

Nope, that clearly was not "our" statement. That was "put your block to the right to negate Zone". I am pretty sure the "just dodge" was always a Warden and Raider thing.

Siegfried-Z
08-28-2018, 10:52 AM

Right back at ya!!!!!

Let me laugh.. do you really compare PK set with Raider Zone in 4v4 ? I don't play Pk and Raider eather but you can't even compare that.. even when she was the best char.

Disagree there, during a team fight there are so many things that can disturb you to dodge properly and raider Zone in group fight while changing target has an amazing range, arc and tracking which oblige you to really look for the proper time to dodge, what you can't do most of the time when another guy is trying to hit you etc or then to back roll but you can't sometimes as well.

Plus to that that amount of DMG are absolutly broken.. a raider with good gear can really make 3 guys midlife in one single hit with that.. this kind of things should not exist.

The proof is 9 Dom on 10 you're facing at least one raider.. they are everywhere in 4v4 because of that and this horrible stampede charge.

Yeah man I remember back in the day when you had to dodge, dip, dive, duck, and dodge all those unblockable peacekeeper bashes. A true nightmare.

What unblocable PK bashes are you talking about ? Pk has no unbloc and no bash

SpaceJim12
08-28-2018, 11:15 AM
Disagree there, during a team fight there are so many things that can disturb you to dodge properly and raider Zone in group fight while changing target has an amazing range, arc and tracking which oblige you to really look for the proper time to dodge, what you can't do most of the time when another guy is trying to hit you etc or then to back roll but you can't sometimes as well.

Plus to that that amount of DMG are absolutly broken.. a raider with good gear can really make 3 guys midlife in one single hit with that.. this kind of things should not exist.

The proof is 9 Dom on 10 you're facing at least one raider.. they are everywhere in 4v4 because of that and this horrible stampede charge.

I'll just do "+1" here.=)
As far as I see, Raime always try to acquit any in-game moves. But as I understood, he mostly play duels, where Raiders are really nothing special to deal with.
My last days in game I just feel disgust when saw all this Raiders unlock in fight on mid zone and in group fights. Sure Ubi should fixed it a long time ago, but players who use it just disgusting.

Charmzzz
08-28-2018, 11:23 AM
What unblocable PK bashes are you talking about ? Pk has no unbloc and no bash

That was surely sarcasm Bro. :)

David_gorda
08-28-2018, 11:29 AM
Isnt really hard to dodge its one Of the slowest and most telegraphed attacks in the Game, Raider is one of Worst classes 1vs1 with really slow lights Heavies and zone No bash that leads to guarentueed damage, No hyperarmor. If a team lets the crappy Raider Class do a zone they deserve to be punished for their poor teamwork and individual skill.
Do i like the unlock zone? No, but Raider is such a bad Class thats the only thing he has until he gets the rework he deserves.

SpaceJim12
08-28-2018, 11:41 AM
Isnt really hard to dodge its one Of the slowest and most telegraphed attacks in the Game, Raider is one of Worst classes 1vs1 with really slow lights Heavies and zone No bash that leads to guarentueed damage, No hyperarmor. If a team lets the crappy Raider Class do a zone they deserve to be punished for their poor teamwork and individual skill.
Do i like the unlock zone? No, but Raider is such a bad Class thats the only thing he has until he gets the rework he deserves.

Ok, let's make every zone in the game unblockable. Someone say Nobu is a weak char in 1v1. Let's give her a UB zone. Or maybe let's give an Aramusha zone, where both attacks will be UB. Etc etc.
If devs can't balance char between 1v1 and 4v4 gamemodes, it's not mean some of them should have ultimate close to cheat move that can be abused easily.

David_gorda
08-28-2018, 11:47 AM
Ok, let's make every zone in the game unblockable. Someone say Nobu is a weak char in 1v1. Let's give her a UB zone. Or maybe let's give an Aramusha zone, where both attacks will be UB. Etc etc.
If devs can't balance char between 1v1 and 4v4 gamemodes, it's not mean some of them should have ultimate close to cheat move that can be abused easily. its bot about the zone its about how slow it is, i actually think the really slow attacks like Raider zone and shugoki unblockable should be immune to parry. I mean if you feint those unblockables a competent player Will just cancel his parry attempt. The slow classes are really terrible and needs rework to compete with all the 400ms No skill spam classes we have now.

ChampionRuby50g
08-28-2018, 12:05 PM
its bot about the zone its about how slow it is, i actually think the really slow attacks like Raider zone and shugoki unblockable should be immune to parry. I mean if you feint those unblockables a competent player Will just cancel his parry attempt. The slow classes are really terrible and needs rework to compete with all the 400ms No skill spam classes we have now.

Iíve seen some dumb ideas, but thatís got to be one of the worst ideas Iíve ever seen on these forums.

David_gorda
08-28-2018, 12:10 PM
Iíve seen some dumb ideas, but thatís got to be one of the worst ideas Iíve ever seen on these forums.
Why? Its No difference really from an unblockable bash like Warden. Opponent can attack first on prediction or use a dodge attack for Example. He only things devs doing to break defensive meta is 400 MS attacks PR bashes that leads to guarentueed damage. Try thin outside the Box.

SpaceJim12
08-28-2018, 12:48 PM
its bot about the zone its about how slow it is, i actually think the really slow attacks like Raider zone and shugoki unblockable should be immune to parry. I mean if you feint those unblockables a competent player Will just cancel his parry attempt. The slow classes are really terrible and needs rework to compete with all the 400ms No skill spam classes we have now.

Well I think whole system with parry broken. If you ask me, it should be removed and whole core mechanics should be reworked.
It's works from both sides of view. If someone think For Honor is a fighting game, play mostly 1v1, so think about this: in fighting games you don't have move, that stop attack, make opponent defenseless and guaranteed a free attack.
If you think For Honor is a teambased action game with MOBA aspects, remove parry will make fights more dynamic and destroy def meta for sure.

But if you'll make only couple attacks unparryable, it's a way to nowhere.

David_gorda
08-28-2018, 01:03 PM
Well I think whole system with parry broken. If you ask me, it should be removed and whole core mechanics should be reworked.
It's works from both sides of view. If someone think For Honor is a fighting game, play mostly 1v1, so think about this: in fighting games you don't have move, that stop attack, make opponent defenseless and guaranteed a free attack.
If you think For Honor is a teambased action game with MOBA aspects, remove parry will make fights more dynamic and destroy def meta for sure.

But if you'll make only couple attacks unparryable, it's a way to nowhere.

Yeah i agree the parry mechanic is Broken, which makes for honors combat system broken and the way the devs tried to fix it was to add superfast(basicly impossible to parry) attacks and unblockable bashes that leads to guarentueed damage. Btw i think the wu lin Nuxia has an unparriable attack or am i mistaken?

Siegfried-Z
08-28-2018, 01:14 PM
I'll just do "+1" here.=)
As far as I see, Raime always try to acquit any in-game moves. But as I understood, he mostly play duels, where Raiders are really nothing special to deal with.
My last days in game I just feel disgust when saw all this Raiders unlock in fight on mid zone and in group fights. Sure Ubi should fixed it a long time ago, but players who use it just disgusting.

Haha yep i don't even understand why it is so long to fix something everyone is asking for a while and is always abused in 4V4.. but looking at the time Ubi take to release S6 win matrice then i understand XD

That was surely sarcasm Bro. :)

Gess you're right ^^

Man you have to consider things in a very different way than in duel. Here the topic is the Zone in a 4v4 group fight.

No one here says raider is OP in 1v1, but in 4v4 his Zone and Stampede are way too abused and efficient.

Charmzzz
08-28-2018, 01:25 PM

OP talks about 4v4 - you use Duel Tiers as an Argument. Then you say that Raider has no HA or bash, you use the exact same argument I used for PK but when you use it, it is suddenly right? And then you even say the "git gud" thing - but when I say it as an argument why fast Characters are balanced, too, it is because I am skilless in your eyes.

Man, I have never seen such a biased guy...

Raider Zone and Stampede are stupidly OP in 4v4 modes. If you cannot see that, well, all hope is lost. I mean, there is a reason why there is at least one, if not two, Raiders in every fcking Dominion game...

ChampionRuby50g
08-28-2018, 01:26 PM
Why? Its No difference really from an unblockable bash like Warden. Opponent can attack first on prediction or use a dodge attack for Example. He only things devs doing to break defensive meta is 400 MS attacks PR bashes that leads to guarentueed damage. Try thin outside the Box.

I have thought about it. Shugoki, UI Stance, Unparryable heavy attack that deals 80 damage when in Revenge + gear stats, 60 damage without revenge iirc. Raider, enough people already complain (rightly so) about this. Not a good idea.

David_gorda
08-28-2018, 01:30 PM
I have thought about it. Shugoki, UI Stance, Unparryable heavy attack that deals 80 damage when in Revenge + gear stats, 60 damage without revenge iirc. Raider, enough people already complain (rightly so) about this. Not a good idea. zone might be to op yeah but why not make some slow heavy attack work like Nuxia trap attack?

Charmzzz
08-28-2018, 01:34 PM
zone might be to op yeah but why not make some slow heavy attack work like Nuxia trap attack?

So you want to add another trick to Raider who is Top 3 in Dominion since Release!? He has Stampede, Zone, Stunning Tap mixups. How high should his Win % in Dom get, 90% or what?

You only defend your Main, but when someone else does it - he is a Noob with no skill and does not understand the game. Holy biased bs...

David_gorda
08-28-2018, 01:36 PM
OP talks about 4v4 - you use Duel Tiers as an Argument. Then you say that Raider has no HA or bash, you use the exact same argument I used for PK but when you use it, it is suddenly right? And then you even say the "git gud" thing - but when I say it as an argument why fast Characters are balanced, too, it is because I am skilless in your eyes.

Man, I have never seen such a biased guy...

Raider Zone and Stampede are stupidly OP in 4v4 modes. If you cannot see that, well, all hope is lost. I mean, there is a reason why there is at least one, if not two, Raiders in every fcking Dominion game...
Its incredible simple to counter a Raider in 4vs 4. How? You simply engage him on a fight. He cant do anything since all his attacks are slow and its a reason he is one if the Worst 1vs1 classes in the Game. What i am saying if you ignore the Raider in a group fight then you should be punished from that mistake. There are a few classes that should be high priority to engage on 4vs 4 and Raider is one if them.

David_gorda
08-28-2018, 01:38 PM
So you want to add another trick to Raider who is Top 3 in Dominion since Release!? He has Stampede, Zone, Stunning Tap mixups. How high should his Win % in Dom get, 90% or what?

You only defend your Main, but when someone else does it - he is a Noob with no skill and does not understand the game. Holy biased bs...
I dont have a Main but lawbringer is my highest rep. I am not a fotm noob that only plays op classes and i explain why Raider is weak in 4vs4 and how to counter him.

Charmzzz
08-28-2018, 01:43 PM
I dont have a Main but lawbringer is my highest rep. I am not a fotm noob that only plays op classes and i explain why Raider is weak in 4vs4 and how to counter him.

"weak in 4v4" - how you explain his Winrate in highest level of play since release then? He is freaking good in 4v4 and has always had a high pickrate.

And btw, playing LB in Dom is "playing an op class", too, when it comes to 4v4.

David_gorda
08-28-2018, 01:47 PM
"weak in 4v4" - how you explain his Winrate in highest level of play since release then? He is freaking good in 4v4 and has always had a high pickrate.

And btw, playing LB in Dom is "playing an op class", too, when it comes to 4v4.
You should look at stats across all skill lvls and not only the top 2%. Raider and lawbringer are stronger classes if you are one Of the few People that can parry 400ms lights. At low, mid, and above average skill lvl they are not good but a top skill lvl player can definitly do some work with those classes even though lawbringers strength is mostly from bombs which i think should get nerfed/removed.yes you read right i want my highest prestige Class getting feats nerfed.

Devils-_-legacy
08-28-2018, 01:52 PM
You should look at stats across all skill lvls and not only the top 2%. Raider and lawbringer are stronger classes if you are one Of the few People that can parry 400ms lights. At low, mid, and above average skill lvl they are not good but a top skill lvl player can definitly do some work with those classes even though lawbringers strength is mostly from bombs which i think should get nerfed/removed.yes you read right i want my highest prestige Class getting feats nerfed.

I got to disagree there both the best gank heros in 4 vs 4

SpaceJim12
08-28-2018, 02:03 PM
Its incredible simple to counter a Raider in 4vs 4. How? You simply engage him on a fight. He cant do anything since all his attacks are slow and its a reason he is one if the Worst 1vs1 classes in the Game. What i am saying if you ignore the Raider in a group fight then you should be punished from that mistake. There are a few classes that should be high priority to engage on 4vs 4 and Raider is one if them.

If devs can't balance char between 1v1 and 4v4 gamemodes, it's not mean some of them should have ultimate close to cheat move that can be abused easily.

Hmm...

Charmzzz
08-28-2018, 02:03 PM

No, you dont need to parry 400ms Lights to be good with them. And I explain why, but I think you already know that:

Raider: Stampede is one of the best ganking tools in the game, unblockable, which ends in a cutscene not interrupted by anything. It can ledge extremely good, or on wallsplat deals tons of stamina damage, gets you stunned and gives Raider a guaranteed Light into his Zone / Stunning Tap / GB mixup. Even if you are just thrown to the ground - you are pretty much done if there is some other enemy around. It is super hard to avoid when fighting someone else, too. Then he has his Zone, the only UB zone in the game for tons of damage, being unparryable when you are not the one where Raider is locked onto and you cannot even see that because his targeting is fcked up right now. It deals, in Revenge and with correct Gear, over half the HP of an Assassin in ONE hit. If that's not OP, I don't know what is OP then... And to add one more thing: he is super easy to use and get top results. You don't need alot of skill to use Stampede or unlock Zone. You really do not have to be a top 2% player to do these simple inputs because they dont rely on enemy behavior at all.

Lawbringer: Impale is almost as good as Stampede, just a little easier to avoid because you can block it. If you dont - you are fcked because it ends up in even more guaranteed damage than Stampede. Shove on Block is very good, too. He is still one of the best Turtles in the game due to his parry punishes (Impale for ledge / guaranteed damage cutscene or top unblockablead). Then add his 4 bombs and there you go why he is so strong in 4v4.

David_gorda
08-28-2018, 02:12 PM
No, you dont need to parry 400ms Lights to be good with them. And I explain why, but I think you already know that:

Raider: Stampede is one of the best ganking tools in the game, unblockable, which ends in a cutscene not interrupted by anything. It can ledge extremely good, or on wallsplat deals tons of stamina damage, gets you stunned and gives Raider a guaranteed Light into his Zone / Stunning Tap / GB mixup. Even if you are just thrown to the ground - you are pretty much done if there is some other enemy around. It is super hard to avoid when fighting someone else, too. Then he has his Zone, the only UB zone in the game for tons of damage, being unparryable when you are not the one where Raider is locked onto and you cannot even see that because his targeting is fcked up right now. It deals, in Revenge and with correct Gear, over half the HP of an Assassin in ONE hit. If that's not OP, I don't know what is OP then... And to add one more thing: he is super easy to use and get top results. You don't need alot of skill to use Stampede or unlock Zone. You really do not have to be a top 2% player to do these simple inputs because they dont rely on enemy behavior at all.

Lawbringer: Impale is almost as good as Stampede, just a little easier to avoid because you can block it. If you dont - you are fcked because it ends up in even more guaranteed damage than Stampede. Shove on Block is very good, too. He is still one of the best Turtles in the game due to his parry punishes (Impale for ledge / guaranteed damage cutscene or top unblockablead). Then add his 4 bombs and there you go why he is so strong in 4v4.
They are good when ganking and when outnumbering your opponent, but in the real for honor its often even number fights or you are Outnumbered, good luck playing with a Raider or lawbringer and you are involved in 1vs 1 situation and you up against a berserker,shaman, Warden conq or whatever else thats a tier or better in 1 vs1 situation.

MuscleTech12018
08-28-2018, 02:15 PM
Just wait for UbiJurassic to make it epic again : "What exploit ? we don't know nothing about it" =))

David_gorda
08-28-2018, 02:19 PM
Just wait for UbiJurassic to make it epic again : "What exploit ? we don't know nothing about it" =))hehe then he Will forward it to the team and nothing happens and No further feedback :D

Charmzzz
08-28-2018, 02:22 PM
They are good when ganking and when outnumbering your opponent, but in the real for honor its often even number fights or you are Outnumbered, good luck playing with a Raider or lawbringer and you are involved in 1vs 1 situation and you up against a berserker,shaman, Warden conq or whatever else thats a tier or better in 1 vs1 situation.

Actually being outnumbered with a static guard is not even nearly as dangerous as with a decaying guard...

And in the real For Honor 4v4 I rarely play out a 1v1. This happens, like, almost never. No idea what you are playing. Other people? What do you say? Dominion mostly 1v1? ;)

1v1 vs a higher tier 1v1 Char: turtle up and wait for your Mates, that's what the Raiders and LB's do when I am playing. With the current static guard bug it is super easy to completely negate a Zerker by just blocking. Shaman is easy to handle, too. Warden and Conq, yeah, they put pressure on you. But vs Warden you can safely dodge every bash attempt with Raider because you can CGB when dodging...

And since Dom is ALOT of ganking - those 2 Characters are always top tier there.

MuscleTech12018
08-28-2018, 02:25 PM
Actually being outnumbered with a static guard is not even nearly as dangerous as with a decaying guard...

And in the real For Honor 4v4 I rarely play out a 1v1. This happens, like, almost never. No idea what you are playing. Other people? What do you say? Dominion mostly 1v1? ;)

1v1 vs a higher tier 1v1 Char: turtle up and wait for your Mates, that's what the Raiders and LB's do when I am playing. With the current static guard bug it is super easy to completely negate a Zerker by just blocking. Shaman is easy to handle, too. Warden and Conq, yeah, they put pressure on you. But vs Warden you can safely dodge every bash attempt with Raider because you can CGB when dodging...

And since Dom is ALOT of ganking - those 2 Characters are always top tier there.

You talk too much for a PK lover, all you do in this forum is to ***** about other classes and stress out how important is to buff PK. Stop being a dumb man, pls.

Charmzzz
08-28-2018, 02:31 PM
You talk too much for a PK lover, all you do in this forum is to ***** about other classes and stress out how important is to buff PK. Stop being a dumb man, pls.

Where did I mention PK? And, just a thought, what do others do on here? Exactly, most people call something OP and defend their loved Characters when someone else claims them to be OP. Why I am different then? Because I admit that PK deserved a Nerf, but not being nerfed on everything. But then other people defend even obvious OP bs moves ,like Raider Zone is, without ANY real argument why it is fine as it is.

Btw I dropped PK mostly, just play her when I want to feel the pain and have a "against all odds" game. Then I get wrecked by all the Stampedes and Unlocks and sh*t, of course I switch back to something being on par with those guys....

Siegfried-Z
08-28-2018, 02:38 PM

Yep that the point. In dom 1V1 in an entire fight is very rare.

And any raider just turtle till getting revenge which require only to block 3/4 hit with revenge gear while outnumbered with this broken mech.

Everyone who say Raider is not Broken in 4V4 is not objective...

The guy has just to open his eyes and saw their are raiders in any Dom ;) That's so boring.

WTH ? Really i would never understand why people use to hate PK players so much... You should hate Conq or Warden man.. Conq is close to unkillable if well played and warden so much an easy win pick now;..

Klingentaenz3r
08-28-2018, 02:44 PM

Both of them are very high tier in Dominion. In the real For Honor people tend to attack not head on but often fly in from different angles. Both heroes help then to kill targets as fast and safe as possible either through ledging or further ganking support. They are super effective at that. Of course in 1v1 situations both can be handled.

Raider is also pretty good in 1vX situations due to his quick access to zone and it punishes ganks extremely hard and easy with it's crazy damage and since everybody knows how to use their zones with target switch to successfully take out surrounding threats without fearing of getting parried. Of course they will be most likely try to get revenge activated since that is moment when the tables flip very easily and the situations gets more into their favor.

Lawbringer has also pretty good tools at his disposal to fend off opponents. High HP, nice quick light follow-ups off a parry which knocks back and blinds, Blinding top lights, shove on block, wide ok zone attack. Has to work much harder but what he has is pretty neat and works well. Not the most dangerous but it helps a lot to hold out for quite some time and that is often all you need in team fight modes. And don't forget about his feats.

MuscleTech12018
08-28-2018, 02:51 PM
WTH ? Really i would never understand why people use to hate PK players so much... You should hate Conq or Warden man.. Conq is close to unkillable if well played and warden so much an easy win pick now;..

I don't hate PK players. In fact i can rekt almost all of them, even when they turtle. It was just an observation on how lame that guy is on forum. That's all. Just check his posts and the cry style.

Charmzzz
08-28-2018, 03:02 PM
I don't hate PK players. In fact i can rekt almost all of them, even when they turtle. It was just an observation on how lame that guy is on forum. That's all. Just check his posts and the cry style.

So I guess giving facts is again lame and fake news. We had this already. Where did I cry exactly? Crying implies I don't know how to counter a move, so I just rant over it without any arguments. I didn't do that. I gave straight facts about how high Raider's Winrate and Pickrate always was and still is, and explained in detail why his Moves are too good and exploitable in 4v4.

On the other hand, you Sir, did only throw insults at me without any proof or even having a real argument.

RexXZ347
08-28-2018, 03:37 PM
So that's why i can't parry them even if i practiced in the areana for coubtless hours. I thought it's just lag but almost all reaider have their zone successful.

DefiledDragon
08-28-2018, 03:41 PM
So that's why i can't parry them even if i practiced in the areana for coubtless hours. I thought it's just lag but almost all reaider have their zone successful.

As far as I know, arena bots don't unlock. If you can't parry Raider's zone in the arena, against bots, you don't have the timing down and need to carry on practising.

RexXZ347
08-28-2018, 03:48 PM
As far as I know, arena bots don't unlock. If you can't parry Raider's zone in the arena, against bots, you don't have the timing down and need to carry on practising.

What i mean is in the arena i can parry them constantly, repeatedly until i have the muscle memory for it. But in pvp i can only parry 2 out of 10 raider zones.

DefiledDragon
08-28-2018, 03:53 PM
What i mean is in the arena i can parry them constantly, repeatedly until i have the muscle memory for it. But in pvp i can only parry 2 out of 10 raider zones.

Ahh right. Could be lag I guess. I see a lot of people with pings over 40 and quite a few with pings of 60 or more. That really doesn't help in a game like this.

Charmzzz
08-28-2018, 04:21 PM
Ahh right. Could be lag I guess. I see a lot of people with pings over 40 and quite a few with pings of 60 or more. That really doesn't help in a game like this.

Well, it is still a confirmed fact that you cannot parry attacks from people not locked on to you, so I wouldn't say it is mostly a lag thing...

DefiledDragon
08-28-2018, 04:39 PM
Well, it is still a confirmed fact that you cannot parry attacks from people not locked on to you, so I wouldn't say it is mostly a lag thing...

Really? Hahahaha. Well, that's not going to be exploited at all, is it Ubisoft? I'm absolutely staggered by how incompetent the mechanics of this game are. It is, by far, the worst balanced PvP fighter I've ever played, period.

Charmzzz
08-28-2018, 04:57 PM
Really? Hahahaha. Well, that's not going to be exploited at all, is it Ubisoft? I'm absolutely staggered by how incompetent the mechanics of this game are. It is, by far, the worst balanced PvP fighter I've ever played, period.

Hm, I dont know any other Fighter where you have multiple opponents and you can parry attacks. Mostly it is just block and dodge. Do you have a better "comparison" game?

DefiledDragon
08-28-2018, 05:16 PM
Hm, I dont know any other Fighter where you have multiple opponents and you can parry attacks. Mostly it is just block and dodge. Do you have a better "comparison" game?

I'm talking about balance across the roster in 1 v 1's, not 4 v 4's specifically. It's dire.

Siegfried-Z
08-28-2018, 05:32 PM
To came back on the topic, some char are far more picked up in 4v4 than others and here are in my Opinion in order Chars i saw the most :

1/Raider : abusing zone and stampede for wallsplat and ledges
2/Warden : Because Warden... so easy to play, no riks, easy to score strong dmg, knights feats
3/LB : Because of Impale and very good at anti-gank with best HP pools of the game, stun and Shove plus Knights feats again
4/Conq : Because well played he is simply unkillable with the revenge mech
5/HL : because he hit like a trcuk, has a lot of HA, has maybe the best 50/50 and can spam UB
6/Kensei : Because of his AOE hits, Zone, HA and good anti-gank abilities
7/Cent : Because he just need to Punch down all the game by surprise
8/Shugo : Because his UB is a destroyer in group fights and Demon embrace is maybe the strongest 4V4 cutscenes of the whole game

If you have four decent players all using one of them, you know you gonna have a hard time. Because while some are not so good in Duel, they are still in 4v4 as Cent or Shugo with strong cutscenes too.

RexXZ347
08-28-2018, 06:07 PM
Also in dominion, the side with the most unblockables, throws, bashes wins. Just spam them all at the same time and the other team can't do anything especially on ganks. Profit.

Charmzzz
08-28-2018, 06:21 PM
Also in dominion, the side with the most unblockables, throws, bashes wins. Just spam them all at the same time and the other team can't do anything especially on ganks. Profit.

According to some people on here, a Team full of Assassins would win against this just with Light spam. ;)

Kaijudub
08-28-2018, 06:29 PM

Yeah 4's is a mess atm. @ubisoft didn't we get this sorted at one point?

This afternoon has been nothing but WTF moments on ps4 with Revenge not auto parrying, attack indicators not showing up in gank moments, uber latencies and now unlock tech is back and being massively abused.

Why are we all still here at this point?

UbiJurassic
08-28-2018, 06:39 PM
I thought this was fixed but I keep seeing Raiders COMPLETELY unlock for free zone damage. I get that locking onto an external target so your opponent canít parry is one thing, but I keep seeing raiders COMPLETELY unlock and hit everyone with a 50 damage unblockable. This needs a fix

While I'm aware of this issue and have seen several topics about it around the community, does anyone have any good videos of it happening or reproduction steps of it? I'd be more than happy to bring it all up to the team so they can have a complete understanding of the issue.

dinosaurlicker
08-28-2018, 06:46 PM
This discussion has gone a bit off topic.

The problem here isnít that raider is OP in 4v4. The problem is that there is still a bug which was said to have been fixed a long time ago. Raiders can unlock their zone completely for free, unparryable 50 damage. Itís not just external targets, I believe that this is fair, but itís the fact that they donít even need an external target right now.

Hereís an example from last night. I was playing Dominion with 3 of my friends. Two of them died across the map and it left me as Aramusha and my buddy as Warden. We were on our home flag fighting a Raider. The Raider whiffed a light attack and went into a 50 dmg zone, which was unparryable FOR BOTH ME AND MY ALLY. MY OTHER TWO FRIENDS WERE STILL DEAD.

Keep in mind weíre not bad at this game by any stretch, in fact, weíre both far above average, so thereís no chance that we just missed the parry time. And lag was not a factor either, there were no spikes and when I checked ping (after we killed the tryhard fckboi gey) everyone was rocking <50.

This is the unlock tech which was said to be patched a long time ago. I donít know how itís still possible, but I do know this needs looking into.

dinosaurlicker
08-28-2018, 06:49 PM
While I'm aware of this issue and have seen several topics about it around the community, does anyone have any good videos of it happening or reproduction steps of it? I'd be more than happy to bring it all up to the team so they can have a complete understanding of the issue.

Idk how to record tbh but if the devs spend enough time playing online dominion games at a decently high skill level then theyíre bound to see it. Itís a common occurence.

David_gorda
08-28-2018, 06:56 PM
Idk how to record tbh but if the devs spend enough time playing online dominion games at a decently high skill level then theyíre bound to see it. Itís a common occurence. i do the target switch unlock with Raider but you cant unlock If you dont have another target afaik on Console.

Charmzzz
08-28-2018, 06:57 PM
UbiJurassic: Just play the game and you will see it...

dinosaurlicker
08-28-2018, 06:59 PM
i do the target switch unlock with Raider but you cant unlock If you dont have another target afaik on Console.

You can... itís a bug. I play on console and see it all the time. Read what Iíve said so far

Kaijudub
08-28-2018, 10:58 PM

Will have a look through my stream vids and see what i can find

RexXZ347
08-29-2018, 01:48 AM

Or you can ask someone in yourcompany to play the game and experience it yourselves.

jaedenhudson14
08-29-2018, 04:46 AM
With all due respect to everyone here on this forum, I really don't think you need to bash on Raider's stampede charge in 4v4... Pun intended.

I mean, that's one of his signature specials; he's an isolator like Warlord. Good anti-gankers tend to always pay lots of attention to characters with strong unlock tech/ledge ability. Take Faaram the YouTuber for example. His anti-gank skills are very good, and when he has to fight many people with a Raider included, he does a good job of paying attention to where the Raider is going so that he may dodge charges.

I never thought this was annoying. Whenever a Raider grabbed me and ledged me or kneed my face, I'd say "Darn, he snuck up on me, I wasn't paying attention to him."

Sometimes they literally come out of nowhere, and it'll be when you're too focused on a 1v1 or whatever.

Raider unlock zone is different, however.

I don't experience this on my smurf acc on PS4. I switched over recently for a better experience. The easiest way to really prevent this is to continue engaging the Raider so that he/she cannot get the zone off. Raider has no HA in his/her regular kit, so assassins don't have much to complain about. If they have revenge, just back off perhaps and pay attention to the animation. It's still dodgable, you all know the zone animation far too well at this point.

When I play Raider I mostly have to stick with my regular chain lights or H-L-H combo when not in revenge since players are picking up on the dangers of a Raider as I progress.

Summary :

Focus. Pay attention, keep engaged and shut them down.

Hope this helps.

SpaceJim12
08-29-2018, 09:29 AM

I don't want to be rude, but don't your dev team have any testers? This guys, who play the game BEFORE players to find and show every little issue which makes your game broken? Anybody in Ubisoft Montreal ever played For Honor outside company server? Or you guys too busy making battle outfits and masks and looking for a way to give your game for free on PS4?
I have been on this forum for a while now. I saw so many issues threads. Unlock techs, glitches, broken moves etc etc. And everywhere I saw only one answer "Could you give us any good videos to prove that you are not just talking nonsense". So every player should recorder his everygame to let you guys know, that your game is broken.
Well, sorry, first of all, WHY players should prove you, that your game is broken? It's your job to investigate issue, test it, and then fix. That's how game company works.

Ubi-Jimothy
08-29-2018, 10:23 AM
Hey folks,

Just to chime in on what UbiJurassic has already mentioned, and the reaction to their post;

We do have testers, yes, but their time is limited and simple reproduction steps help us a lot. It means the testers will be able to go straight to the problem rather than trying a multitude of things that they simply wouldn't have time for. We're trying to help, and telling us 'no just fix it' doesn't help anyone in the slightest. These are human beings with a set amount of time per day, it's just a little help with our investigations that really speeds things up.

Charmzzz
08-29-2018, 10:51 AM
Hey folks,

Just to chime in on what UbiJurassic has already mentioned, and the reaction to their post;

We do have testers, yes, but their time is limited and simple reproduction steps help us a lot. It means the testers will be able to go straight to the problem rather than trying a multitude of things that they simply wouldn't have time for. We're trying to help, and telling us 'no just fix it' doesn't help anyone in the slightest. These are human beings with a set amount of time per day, it's just a little help with our investigations that really speeds things up.

- play Raider
- lock onto target
- do a whiff Light
- lock onto other target or unlock
- do chained Zone
- the guy near you cannot parry your attack and will get hit for 60+ damage
- ???
- profit

RexXZ347
08-29-2018, 10:55 AM
Hey folks,

i think playing 4 hours straight, 5 times a week could let your testers see the irregularities of your game. It could also help balance your game a bit and fix bugs and exploits. I have a work 8 hrs everyday and could only play an hour or 2 in for honor and i could see all this game's problem.

Ubi-Jimothy
08-29-2018, 10:56 AM
- play Raider
- lock onto target
- do a whiff Light
- lock onto other target or unlock
- do chained Zone
- the guy near you cannot parry your attack and will get hit for 60+ damage
- ???
- profit

That's all it takes, a simple rundown. Cheers Charmzzz, forwarding this on.

ChampionRuby50g
08-29-2018, 11:03 AM
Jimothy, Itís not my intention to come across rudely here, but I know this issue has been brought up before and has received moderator attention on the forums, and it would have almost certainly been stated before how Raiders can do this. Iím also pretty certain that itís been said by someone the devs are already aware off this, but itís been an issue for so long. I really hope your team can fix this.