PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here, in or have contacts in Kobe, Japan?

LEBillfish
11-09-2008, 09:46 AM
Anyone here, in or have contacts in Kobe, Japan?

Trying to track down a group that I "assume" had built the 14th Hikoudan memorial in Kobe....

http://www.pacificwrecks.com/provinces/japan/kobe/gokoku_jinja/index.html

....and also published the following book (my goal here):
"Nyűginia Hien Kai (New Guinea Hien Association), Dai 14 Hikôdan Butai shi (History of the 14th Air Unit)"ť, Kobe, 1977."..........Further described as "Although few in number, air war by the Army air force is also recalled in Nyűginia Hien Kai (New Guinea Hien Association) that recorded their memories about the air battles of the 14th Air Unit in Eastern New Guinea."

Also, if any here have some old magazines matching I'd like to get copies of the following articles:

KAJINAMI Susumu, "Uewaku sanchu no kuchu sen hien sento–tai Dai funsen–ki (Dogfight in the sky over Wewak mountains: the brave fight of the Hien Fighting Unit)"ť, Maru 21, no.14 (1968): 220–227

KOYAMA Susumu, "Dai 68 hien sentai uewaku joku no usabarashi (Diversion of the 68th Hien Fighting Unit in the sky over Wewak)"ť, Maru 14, no.10 (1961): 146–151.

MIURA Izumi, "Rabauru no sora to shishu****a Hientai shimatsu (History of the Hien Unit that defended the sky of Rabaul to the last)"ť, Maru 25, no.9 (1972): 112–117.

OISHI Masayuki, "Rikugun Rabauru Kôkűtai no ****o (Desperate struggle of the Rabaul Army Air Corps)"ť, Maru 10, no.4 (1957): 63–73.

OISHI Masayuki, "Rikugun Rabauru Kôkűtai no ****ô (Desperate struggle of the Rabaul Army Air Corps)"ť, Maru 21, no.4 (1968): 229–239.

Rabauru Nyűginia Rikugun Kôkű Butai Kai (Association of Rabaul and New Guinea Army Air Units) (ed.), Maboroshi: Nyűginia kôkű sen no jisso (Illusion: the reality of air war in New Guinea), Tokyo, 1986.

TAKAGI Sakuyuki, "Dai 4 koku–gun kaku tatakaeri (The 4th Air Force fought like this)"ť, Taiheiyô shogen shirizu 2 Maru Bessatsu (Maru Supplement: Testimonies of the Pacific War) 2 (1986): 176–199.

Thanks,

K2

LEBillfish
11-09-2008, 09:46 AM
Anyone here, in or have contacts in Kobe, Japan?

Trying to track down a group that I "assume" had built the 14th Hikoudan memorial in Kobe....

http://www.pacificwrecks.com/provinces/japan/kobe/gokoku_jinja/index.html

....and also published the following book (my goal here):
"Nyűginia Hien Kai (New Guinea Hien Association), Dai 14 Hikôdan Butai shi (History of the 14th Air Unit)"ť, Kobe, 1977."..........Further described as "Although few in number, air war by the Army air force is also recalled in Nyűginia Hien Kai (New Guinea Hien Association) that recorded their memories about the air battles of the 14th Air Unit in Eastern New Guinea."

Also, if any here have some old magazines matching I'd like to get copies of the following articles:

KAJINAMI Susumu, "Uewaku sanchu no kuchu sen hien sento–tai Dai funsen–ki (Dogfight in the sky over Wewak mountains: the brave fight of the Hien Fighting Unit)"ť, Maru 21, no.14 (1968): 220–227

KOYAMA Susumu, "Dai 68 hien sentai uewaku joku no usabarashi (Diversion of the 68th Hien Fighting Unit in the sky over Wewak)"ť, Maru 14, no.10 (1961): 146–151.

MIURA Izumi, "Rabauru no sora to shishu****a Hientai shimatsu (History of the Hien Unit that defended the sky of Rabaul to the last)"ť, Maru 25, no.9 (1972): 112–117.

OISHI Masayuki, "Rikugun Rabauru Kôkűtai no ****o (Desperate struggle of the Rabaul Army Air Corps)"ť, Maru 10, no.4 (1957): 63–73.

OISHI Masayuki, "Rikugun Rabauru Kôkűtai no ****ô (Desperate struggle of the Rabaul Army Air Corps)"ť, Maru 21, no.4 (1968): 229–239.

Rabauru Nyűginia Rikugun Kôkű Butai Kai (Association of Rabaul and New Guinea Army Air Units) (ed.), Maboroshi: Nyűginia kôkű sen no jisso (Illusion: the reality of air war in New Guinea), Tokyo, 1986.

TAKAGI Sakuyuki, "Dai 4 koku–gun kaku tatakaeri (The 4th Air Force fought like this)"ť, Taiheiyô shogen shirizu 2 Maru Bessatsu (Maru Supplement: Testimonies of the Pacific War) 2 (1986): 176–199.

Thanks,

K2

FlatSpinMan
11-09-2008, 07:17 PM
Dow! Sorry BF. I totally forgot about this. I'm going to have a bit more free time in about two weeks so I'll see if I can find anything. I hear there's a WW2 naval museum somewhere in the city, near Motomachi. I'm keen to have a look.

LEBillfish
11-09-2008, 10:59 PM
Thanks

K2

LEBillfish
11-25-2008, 07:23 AM
bump

FlatSpinMan
11-25-2008, 08:05 AM
Gidday. No time to do anything - we have a 1.5 year old daughter who chews up all our free time in a most endearing way plus I was just finishing up a paper for a part-time MA - but I will update you when I have a chance.
There's a museum I plan to visit one weekend if I can get an afternoon to myself. The hard part about that is that it doesn't seem to exist - on the web at least. I only discovered it by chance while looking at a map of the city.
I'll PM you when I get there.

Jaws2002
11-25-2008, 11:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LEBillfish:
bump </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's a thread around here that could use your expert imput. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/6271069707

miktaras
11-25-2008, 11:36 AM
Hey mate the only contact i have in Kobe is a guy who goes by the name of Godzilla. He a hard guy to get hold of but he sticks out in a crowd.

LEBillfish
11-25-2008, 03:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FlatSpinMan:
Gidday. No time to do anything - we have a 1.5 year old daughter who chews up all our free time in a most endearing way plus I was just finishing up a paper for a part-time MA - but I will update you when I have a chance.
There's a museum I plan to visit one weekend if I can get an afternoon to myself. The hard part about that is that it doesn't seem to exist - on the web at least. I only discovered it by chance while looking at a map of the city.
I'll PM you when I get there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi FlatSpinMan;

Though I'd love more about the monument, what I'd really like to find out is about the New Guinea Hien Association, and naturally the book they published......All three items tie into my research of the 78th Hikousentai directly, yet any part helps.

Thanks for your consideration,

K2