PDA

View Full Version : Capital (custimizable) ship

stylisticsagi
08-27-2018, 09:51 AM
Will there be a capital starter ship in the game?
If so it would be great if it is upgradable in the game so it would always stay the best ship you have in any way.

I always liked the capital ship in 1404 but late game it was a bit sad that it was no longer the ship with the most firepower and most cargo.
I can live with it being late game not the fastest ship since it would then become military to strong.
It would be very cool if you could upgrade it near a shipyard to better versions. Should you lose it you could rebuy the first version and have to upgrade again so it avoids being abused.

Any ways of custimization are always a + especially visual since it can display your charackteristics and taste by giving it a more military, industrial, luxureous or other look.

stylisticsagi
08-27-2018, 10:06 AM
p.s. just watched the gamescom footage and i noticed indeed a flagship so my post is at least relevant.

Nox_29
08-27-2018, 10:23 AM
I agree that this could be a nice thing to have. I'm for more customization in general.

banan1996.1996
08-27-2018, 10:27 AM
The idea of upgrading your flagship sounds interesting. Indeed in 1404 in late game I used it only for missions and not for combat or transporting goods. But since it's a flagship maybe that's how it should be? A flagship is a ship which can do every task but trading ship or a warship will do their specific tasks better than a flagship right?
We need to remember that flagship in 1800 will be a sail-steam hybrid and I've already seen 5 sail-ships available and we didn't see a steam shipyard yet. So I think we'll get enough different ships to work with. And I think a flagship will always be for missions anyways (at least in my case).

stylisticsagi
08-28-2018, 09:37 AM
Another cool way to get your (flag)ship custimization would be the following:

We can large asume ships will have item slots like they had for some time (increased speed, cargo, firepower, ...). What if they give the flagship a 50% or perhaps even a 100% boost of such items.
Where for example an item wich gives sail speed +20% now gives 40%.

Another perhaps even better and more logical solution could be that if most ships have 1 or 2 item slots, the flagship would have 4 item slots. Thus givving you the best way to custmize your ship to your liking.
And i alsa agree with banan but i also have this snob in my wich things the flagship should always be the most prestigious ship in the fleet.

v0str0yenVI
08-29-2018, 05:30 PM
As banan1996.1996 said, for me the flagship should mainly be for mission. But it is true that in 1404 endgame it wasn't even the best for mission, since what usually matter the most is speed, and you could have fastest one. So I hope it will always stay the fastest, maybe indeed with upgrade, which could be items flagship-only, obtained through mission "upgrade your flagship's steam motor" for instance.

banan1996.1996
08-29-2018, 06:59 PM
I love the idea of having more item slots in the flagship. If it was a decent ship, a hybrid between "medium trading ship" and "medium warship" then adding more item slots would make the flagship at least comparable to the best trading ships or warships depending on items used.

I have another idea. Since we can upgrade warehouses after reaching each population tier why couldn't it be the same with the flagship? Each upgrade could be done in shipyard, it could last some time like building new ships and use some materials. And it could give better stats, better speed and more item slots. What do you think about it? I think it would feel good if the flagship was getting better as we progress through the game.

stylisticsagi
08-30-2018, 06:41 AM
Upgrading with more item slots it's in developers line the more easy to do.

But upgrading your ship at a shipyard like i mentionend in my openening post would indeed be much cooler. If it would not only to have the visuals of your flagship enhanced as well so you feel it will be porgressing along with you. allas with the footage went out, if you start with a flagship with a steam engine i don't think it will be upgradable troughout the game. So we can only hope for the best with more item slots for the flagship.

p.s. quite off topic but to small to create a new one.
How do you all feel in starting a new sandbox game?
I mean did you like the way you start all together in the habrour of an npc (richard in 1404) Or in your own harbour like unit like 2070 or just random somewhere in the ocean?

iruet
08-31-2018, 03:05 PM
Usually the flagship is the largest ship in the fleet, so it'd be fun if it would be the biggest ship available in the game :)

stylisticsagi
09-01-2018, 10:13 AM
my point exactly ;)

iruet
09-01-2018, 09:37 PM
Atm it aint the biggest ship when getting the big shipyard, which is kinda a shame in my humble opinion :)

ANN0nymity
09-04-2018, 03:13 PM
about the starting point: I always found it strange to begin in an unexplored region where there are some harbors where you start from. It would be nice to see the traders come and build their settlements on very small islands specially for them and see them grow. it would also explain why they can't offer the higher tier goods to you when you are at the beginning because they would also be just at the beginning. but I know that this wouldn't do much to the gameplay and is probably too late for 1800. Its not that this must be in the game, just a nice addition in my honest opinion.

iruet
09-04-2018, 04:29 PM
I believe there is a unfog all function in 1404 in the settings... That is the only game I went into the settings honestly, so dont know about the others... But those will prolly have something similar... so it's already possible (at least in 1404)

But it's more realistic like this... you dunno what is already there like the case was in the early days of exploring the world

ANN0nymity
09-05-2018, 08:52 AM
Oh no no, I didn't mean to remove the fog of war. I think that should be even harder then it was in previous games (that could be toggled on/of in the settings of course ) I meant that you start with a total empty island group. Where you start at the edge and go deeper in and explore the region. together with the others (players or AI) but also the traders. because there are new colonies founded, the traders would settle in the region and would build their trading island like no one else can (between and in the mountains, rivers,... etc.) the island would be specially designed fotr them so you can't build on it so they can always start up. i know this is just cosmetic but it would be soo cool to see them build their trading post from scratch.

iruet
09-05-2018, 10:05 AM
oh oke, I guess I misunderstood in that case

stylisticsagi
09-05-2018, 01:40 PM
I really like ANN0nymity's idea about the npc traders also have to build their small harbours, it add's alot of realism and the offers of the npc's can developt over time or by there trading value's (i always found it quite odd in 1404 that you had to spent honour to increase their trading fleet...).

However this brings a few things as well:
First, in previous games they had there own very small islands wich you could not attack.
Are you saying they will use them same land u could use and probably therefore be attackable and removable as well?

Second, how do you suggest we start an anno skirmish map game? I must say i really enjoyed starting all together at richard's port.

Before you answer these questions it might be a good idea to make a new seperate post about this since i really think you have a great idea here but it is to far off-topic from the main post wich is about custimizable (flag)ships.