PDA

View Full Version : Peacekeeper is so weak rn huh?

BepycVerus
08-27-2018, 05:57 AM
I used to play with pk back in season 2. She used to be so good, a bit broken with her light spams but I guess devs were working on it. I got her to rep 5 and kinda was done. I moved on to other characters etc. now I missed her and wanted to main this character again. Dude...she's so weak now lol I mean I can still kick *** a little bit with her still but WOW. I remember everybody use to complain about her light spam. But hey it's ok to netf her in to the dirt, and give orochi light spam instead lol (which is worse then it used to be with pk)

I'm not here to start an argument or anything, just wondering what do you guys think? Should devs leave her in this state and let her die or should she be at least a little bit buffed in some ways?

MarshalMoriarty
08-27-2018, 06:33 AM
No character should be built around light spam. But yes, I definately think they need to address this. Her 'rework' was just a nerf and one that utterly failed to tackle the main problems people had with her. All whilst they failed to expand her kit or make her more interesting to use. It was quite simply a hack job, made all the worse by Orochi's (also utterly bungled) rework happening at the same time.

I personally think PK should trade stacked bleeds for Nobushi's Way of the Shark and vice versa. Just seems more fitting for both characters.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
08-27-2018, 07:44 AM
She is allot weaker and her dodge was Nerfed making her kinda well you know.

Charmzzz
08-27-2018, 08:17 AM
Inb4 all the PK Haters jump in and say she is still S-Tier or at least high A-Tier. Maybe she is in Duel, but what is the most played game-mode? ;)

PK now has to work twice as hard to get a kill as her opponents due to the damage nerfs on all of her attacks. Her bleed is pretty much useless in any game-mode with gear stats because everyone is running high debuff reduction. Her dodge recovery was nerfed. Her Deflect is the most useless one in the game.

All she has left is her Zone Option Select which deals marginal damage now and counts as a light attack. So, Devs nerfed her hard, but did not address the problem with her at all.

Band Aid fix. I dropped her cause of this bs "Rework" (which was a Bugfix on her broken soft-feints mostly). I guess we will have to wait a year for her to be looked at again.

David_gorda
08-27-2018, 08:55 AM
Pk is still good, its balanced instead Of being rediculous op. Its just that most People playing pk been noobs that just been playing a Broken Class instead Of learning to play the Game. Since they dont put any effort in learning to play they move on to shaman or berserker instead for easy no skill wins. All classes with 400ms lightspam in several directions Will Always be better then the slow skilledbased heroes.

Charmzzz
08-27-2018, 09:08 AM
Pk is still good, its balanced instead Of being rediculous op. Its just that most People playing pk been noobs that just been playing a Broken Class instead Of learning to play the Game. Since they dont put any effort in learning to play they move on to shaman or berserker instead for easy no skill wins. All classes with 400ms lightspam in several directions Will Always be better then the slow skilledbased heroes.

Alright, so I am a Noob. But I have been playing Gladiator and Warden (before his recent Rework), too. Does this make me skilled now?

Nonsense post, really. You did not comment on ANY of our arguments. Just threw out insults, especially on me because I picked up Zerker after PK has been nerfed to oblivion.

What, in your opinion, would be a "skill-based" Character to play? I am really interested in this!

Edit: Oh, btw Shaman does not have a spammable 400ms Light Attack... You really throw out nonsense. ^^

David_gorda
08-27-2018, 09:13 AM
Alright, so I am a Noob. But I have been playing Gladiator and Warden (before his recent Rework), too. Does this make me skilled now?

Nonsense post, really. You did not comment on ANY of our arguments. Just threw out insults, especially on me because I picked up Zerker after PK has been nerfed to oblivion.

What, in your opinion, would be a "skill-based" Character to play? I am really interested in this! No i never Called you a noob i just say most that played the pre nerf pk was bad at the Game, cant parry attacks and dont use feint for example but still win because lf the zone and light attacks. I also Said that any Class with 400 MS light In several directions Will be better then classes that dont have it. Skillbased are the slow heroes that takes skill to play instead Of just spamming fast attacks like, Raider, lawbringer, shugoki highlander for example. A new player Will never perform well with them but anyone can do well with a pk, orochi, berserker or shaman for example.

Charmzzz
08-27-2018, 09:24 AM
No i never Called you a noob i just say most that played the pre nerf pk was bad at the Game, cant parry attacks and dont use feint for example but still win because lf the zone and light attacks. I also Said that any Class with 400 MS light In several directions Will be better then classes that dont have it. Skillbased are the slow heroes that takes skill to play instead Of just spamming fast attacks like, Raider, lawbringer, shugoki highlander for example. A new player Will never perform well with them but anyone can do well with a pk, orochi, berserker or shaman for example.

Which of your claims is related to the topic? PK is, compared to all reworked Heroes excep Nobu, in a very bad spot right now.

To comment on your claims:
- I parried even when playing PK
- Raider unlocked Zone for massive damage and Stampede are super easy to perform and probably the most broken moves in Dominion right now
- Lawbringer always was and still is the top dog in Dominion, together with Raider
- Shugoki is bad on most Maps, I am with you on that
- Highlander is not easy to play, but he is ridiculously good in almost every situation, plus he has the best "50 50" in the game right now

You are talking about Duels on Console, right? I am talking about Dominion. There is NO chance that all Characters will be balanced in both Modes. It just isnt possible. So I refer my Balance suggestions and observations to the most played Mode, which is Dom.

David_gorda
08-27-2018, 09:38 AM
Which of your claims is related to the topic? PK is, compared to all reworked Heroes excep Nobu, in a very bad spot right now.

To comment on your claims:
- I parried even when playing PK
- Raider unlocked Zone for massive damage and Stampede are super easy to perform and probably the most broken moves in Dominion right now
- Lawbringer always was and still is the top dog in Dominion, together with Raider
- Shugoki is bad on most Maps, I am with you on that
- Highlander is not easy to play, but he is ridiculously good in almost every situation, plus he has the best "50 50" in the game right now

You are talking about Duels on Console, right? I am talking about Dominion. There is NO chance that all Characters will be balanced in both Modes. It just isnt possible. So I refer my Balance suggestions and observations to the most played Mode, which is Dom.

No pk isnt in a bad spot, its a good 1vs1 Class and it Will Always be 1vs1 fight even in dominion. His bleed also has synergy with shaman so they make a really good team together. Not sure why you think Nobushi is bad in 4vs4? He Seems to Always have a spot in 4vs 4 team when they play competively.

Charmzzz
08-27-2018, 10:27 AM
No pk isnt in a bad spot, its a good 1vs1 Class and it Will Always be 1vs1 fight even in dominion. His bleed also has synergy with shaman so they make a really good team together. Not sure why you think Nobushi is bad in 4vs4? He Seems to Always have a spot in 4vs 4 team when they play competively.

No idea which Dominion you are playing, but 1v1 Situations are veeery rare when I am playing it.

So, PK is good because her bleed enables Shaman to use her Predator's Mercy? Are you serious about this? That does not make her good at all, it is just a synergy which is good for the Shaman. And btw they nerfed PK and Nobu because of how good the "Bleed-Team" was. Instead of nerfing Shaman they decided to fck up 2 other Characters. Sounds right, eh? ;)

Nobu is good in 4v4 only because she can clear Minions fast and has a good Teamfight potential. How does that correlate to your claim that Dom is alot of 1v1? I just wanted to exclude Nobu from the list of "good" Reworks because, well, the Rework was done to nerf the "Bleed Team" and the ridiculous Teamfight potential of the Nobu. It was not a Rework like the others, for both PK and Nobu.

Knight_Raime
08-27-2018, 03:47 PM
pk is still a servicable hero if you don't play against competent players. even if you manage to proc bleed often your damage basically requires at least one or 2 extra hits compared to pre rework.

Charmzzz
08-27-2018, 05:49 PM
pk is still a servicable hero if you don't play against competent players. even if you manage to proc bleed often your damage basically requires at least one or 2 extra hits compared to pre rework.

This except "one or 2 extra hits pre rework" - should be extended with "and everyone else". ;)

KotoKuraken
08-27-2018, 05:57 PM
yea, I took one look at that rework and knew it was a nerf. Tried her out 2 weeks before the nerf and tried using her for 2 weeks after the nerf. No matter how much you practice, she is severely behind everyone else. Her main tools were her option select, back dodge, and super damage, but they took away everything except the option select (which doesn't really work that well against a bunch of the moves everyone is getting).

She has no bash, no hyperarmor, no unblockables, abyssmal damage, softfeints that are always interrupted (while other heroes like Cent and Shaman don't have a framelimit on how fast the softfeint can pop out), and her main damage in the form of bleed is negated by ingame armor stats and completely nullified by Warden's second feat.

I haven't had any problems with facing PK in Duels or Dominion ever since her "rework" that was just a massive nerf. They wanted to make her more fun, and I was looking forward to her being fun because I wanted to play her without having a super huge crutch. It's been a super huge letdown, and now there are even less PK players than there were when she was OP because she's hot garbage that's even worse than pre-rework Orochi (and pre-rework Orochi was weak af)

David_gorda
08-27-2018, 06:05 PM
Pk needed a nerf to make the Class balanced and not op and autopick in competive 1vs1, brawls and 4vs 4. She is still strong but not Broken like before. If you think she is bad try play with a skillbased slow Class like shugoki, lawbringer, Raider or Highlander and come back here afterwards ;)

Charmzzz
08-27-2018, 07:01 PM
Pk needed a nerf to make the Class balanced and not op and autopick in competive 1vs1, brawls and 4vs 4. She is still strong but not Broken like before. If you think she is bad try play with a skillbased slow Class like shugoki, lawbringer, Raider or Highlander and come back here afterwards ;)

"Skill based class" - you throw this around pretty often. Raider and Lawbringer are broken af in Dominion. Highlander after his Rework is ALOT better in Duels and Dominion than PK. It is not about the skill of the player but the tools of the Character, you seem to get that very wrong...

Edit: Wait, if I had to guess, all your so called "skill based" Characters are the ones you play, right? ^^

KotoKuraken
08-27-2018, 07:33 PM

I main Lawbringer, and I often also play Shugoki. And I'm telling you, she's significantly worse than either. I ranked at Diamond II with Lawbringer. Every PK I meet is destroyed, and easy duels with Lawbringer or Shugo are made significantly harder with PK because she has no countering tools to work with. Her softfeint doesn't count because the the 600ms delay on it means she can get knocked out of or countered very easily. She has to rely on option select and baiting while turtling up super hard and waiting for a lucky grab or OOS punish to deal good damage to her opponent.

She deserved to be toned down, but not made into a counter attacker with literally no tools to counter attack with.

David_gorda
08-27-2018, 07:39 PM
I main Lawbringer, and I often also play Shugoki. And I'm telling you, she's significantly worse than either. I ranked at Diamond II with Lawbringer. Every PK I meet is destroyed, and easy duels with Lawbringer or Shugo are made significantly harder with PK because she has no countering tools to work with. Her softfeint doesn't count because the the 600ms delay on it means she can get knocked out of or countered very easily. She has to rely on option select and baiting while turtling up super hard and waiting for a lucky grab or OOS punish to deal good damage to her opponent. you play on PC i presume? Very impressive either way to be Diamond with lawbringer. I stoped playing pk after i won a tournament with My lvl 13 pk ( not prestige) . It was so easy i just laughed when i spammed lightsback dodge and used the zone occssionally. Took zero skill at all. As a console player i can tell you that if i start playing the nerfed pk without even looking at the new moveset i Will do better in duels then with my prestige 26 lawbringer. Thats the power Of 400 ms lights on console.

KotoKuraken
08-27-2018, 07:49 PM
you play on PC i presume? Very impressive either way to be Diamond with lawbringer. I stoped playing pk after i won a tournament with My lvl 13 pk ( not prestige) . It was so easy i just laughed when i spammed lightsback dodge and used the zone occssionally. Took zero skill at all. As a console player i can tell you that if i start playing the nerfed pk without even looking at the new moveset i Will do better in duels then with my prestige 26 lawbringer. Thats the power Of 400 ms lights on console.

I am primarily a console player with Lawbringer, who is currently Rep 13. PKs don't land light attacks on me very often. The only matchups I've problems with (especially during ranked) are Wardens and Warlords while I'm playing Lawbringer. Lightspam isn't really a problem for Lawbringer, given he has Bash on Block that goes into the bop, grab, or parry mixup

Charmzzz
08-27-2018, 07:52 PM
I am primarily a console player with Lawbringer, who is currently Rep 13. PKs don't land light attacks on me very often. The only matchups I've problems with (especially during ranked) are Wardens and Warlords while I'm playing Lawbringer. Lightspam isn't really a problem for Lawbringer, given he has Bash on Block that goes into the bop, grab, or parry mixup

God forbid there is a Console player who does not have problems with Light Spam!!! This is impossibruuu! :D

Illyrian_King
08-27-2018, 08:01 PM
PK still has a very viable moveset, but her damage is lower. Now she needs more hits to land, but she still kicks in.

Would say, she is bottom A-tier.

Charmzzz
08-27-2018, 08:08 PM
PK still has a very viable moveset, but her damage is lower. Now she needs more hits to land, but she still kicks in.

Would say, she is bottom A-tier.

What exactly in her Moveset is good? Her Soft-Feints are predictable and reactable. She has nothing to force a reaction. Her Dagger Cancel deals miniscule Damage. Her Dodge Attack does not counter Highlander Kick/Grab like other Dodge Attacks do. Her Heavies are slow and deal less Damage than others, and her Lights are just on par with others. Her Deflect deals good Damage but is the worst in the game as it is countered by every fcking Hyperarmor Move. Her Dodge Recoveries are not better than others anymore. She does not have a Light Light Light Chain.

So please, tell me, what is viable in her Moveset? Her Zone only, I guess? Much wow.... Put your Guard to your right - PK denied.

Helnekromancer
08-27-2018, 08:13 PM
PK kit is decent but the damage output is low. In Dominion it takes forever to kill anyone, no one should have their kit revolved around bleed stacking especially when there is a feat the completely negates it. If they don't have that they just simply use Second Wind and I have to start all over again, but before I can even to that the gank squad arrives and I get ****ed or I run. There's nothing I can do to turtles especially LB, waiting for someone to bleed only to have them get saved by a teammate and revived is very annoying.

I don't main PK I just play her whenever I have a Knight/Assassin order because she has cool looking weapons and helmets and currently have her a Rep 6.

Since her damage is quite poor I just play her like a Support Assassin and sneak in Cheeky bleeds for my Shaman.

KotoKuraken
08-27-2018, 08:13 PM
Her lights have a chance of hitting, but I wouldn't count on her heavies landing at all. Tbh, she either needs higher damage heavies, or they need to be sped up at their current damage. Why do an arming sword and dagger take an eternity to swing? Her dash heavies do negligible damage and are easily parried. Her soft feints have a 600ms delay while other heroes with softfeints can do it instantly (Shaman, Cent). She has to rely on OOS punishes, deflects, and grabs in order to deal any real damage, but that's still reliant on bleed. And bleed is mostly negligible in 4v4s and gives opponents in duels a long window to keep fighting you before they die, which can lead to a loss when you've already dealt the necessary lethal damage.

The thing is, she's a very high risk, low reward character. You have to be a much higher skill level than your opponent in order to win the fight, rather than on par with them.