PDA

View Full Version : Kensei and Conqueror are still way too OP

TheWilliamBlack
08-25-2018, 03:03 PM
Just had a match in ranked duels against a rep 12 player (even tough I'm rep 9) and one of them was against Kensei and the other one was against Conqueror, and can just spam me with his unblockable guarbreak type attack that comes from a heavy, which I can't dodge since I never now when it's going to happen and Conqueror just spams his dash guardbreak with guaranteed damage that is way too fast to dodge or block.

Pankivtanke
08-25-2018, 03:29 PM
how people can be that stupid? so when kensei throw top heavy from the neutral you dont know when he pommel strike you? you actualy see any of kenseis who just going to hit with neutral top heavy?

cant tell about conq, dont playing him much

getting tired of people who didnt know anything and complain about balance

Capoupacap
08-25-2018, 03:33 PM
Even these character are very strong, their move set can very well be managed.

You should first considering these training in arena :

-basic move set training.
-canceling a parry attempt on time

Corentin10111
08-25-2018, 03:38 PM
For the conq, sure the spammers are lame but the SB is going to be nerfed so just wait for it..
For the kensei i just want to say he is very versatile but not impredictible like a zerk for exemple, so learn his moves and get gud (don't see cockiness in this get gud) but i really think this is the only thing to do.
Good luck!

HazelrahFirefly
08-25-2018, 03:41 PM
Just had a match in ranked duels against a rep 12 player (even tough I'm rep 9) and one of them was against Kensei and the other one was against Conqueror, and can just spam me with his unblockable guarbreak type attack that comes from a heavy, which I can't dodge since I never now when it's going to happen and Conqueror just spams his dash guardbreak with guaranteed damage that is way too fast to dodge or block.

The conq is inarguably a bit OP, his win rates are 60% still as far as we know. The very thing you are complaining about is being nerfed next season supposedly, so there's that.

As far as the Rep 9 with 12 thing... numbers mean nothing. It's all about skill on who you get matched with... OR AT LEAST ITS SUPPOSED TO BE. The matchmaking is ****ed up, so there's no excuse even if you discount the numbers.

AzureSky.
08-25-2018, 04:03 PM

The kensei attack from top heavy (remember it only works from top heavy) is a 1000 ms attack, in other words 1 full second, it's one of the slowest attacks, shugoki charged attack is 1100 ms or 1,1 seconds, if you can't dodge it you have some eye problems and should get checked.

Conqueror on the other hand yeah, it's pretty fast and obnoxious.

DefiledDragon
08-25-2018, 04:18 PM
The kensei attack from top heavy (remember it only works from top heavy) is a 1000 ms attack, in other words 1 full second, it's one of the slowest attacks, shugoki charged attack is 1100 ms or 1,1 seconds, if you can't dodge it you have some eye problems and should get checked.

Conqueror on the other hand yeah, it's pretty fast and obnoxious.

That's true, but it's also a tad disingenuous to say that a 1000ms attack gives you 1000ms to react. It doesn't. The wind up and execution might take 1000ms, but the window for dodging/parrying the attack is not 1000ms and if you miss that window, you're going to eat the attack.

Xil_h
08-25-2018, 04:23 PM
That's true, but it's also a tad disingenuous to say that a 1000ms attack gives you 1000ms to react. It doesn't. The wind up and execution might take 1000ms, but the window for dodging/parrying the attack is not 1000ms and if you miss that window, you're going to eat the attack.

That window is still bigger than other hereos whole heavy attack timer

AzureSky.
08-25-2018, 04:24 PM

you are not going to miss cause you can simply dodge back and you evade the pommel strike, the heavy attack, the soft feint into heavy side and the feint into side light.

It's not a real "feint" in the sense of the word, similar to raider, the side heavy to top light is really slow in overall time and you have enough to see if it's going to be a feint or a side heavy (the attack is just too slow so you can know if it takes a little while longer to do it)

As you said the parry window is late on the move so if you look patiently into the move you can actually react to any of the possible outcomes.

The problem start with parry spammers that think that cause they baited their parry the move needs a nerf, it doesn't, you can also stop it by any 500 or 400ms light at the startup for free damage.

Knight_Raime
08-25-2018, 06:02 PM
Kensei has no offense. Pommel strike and any other mix up from his top heavy can be stuffed with a fast light. He can cancel to punish but that requires a read for him. Pommel is only a good opener when the opponent is near OOS or OOS. He has a lot of options but none of them are catch all solutions. He's balanced.
Conq's bash is oppressive to anyone who doesn't have a dodge attack. Just like HL's kick toss mix up. But the real issue with conq is how safe he is due to the numerous option selects he has.

Ozmoses_Nil
08-26-2018, 04:53 PM
i feel like there's a difference between balanced and OP. Kensai balanced / Cent OP. Kensai can do it all with out the Stamina drain kick and punch.