PDA

View Full Version : Warlord rework

jmac70
08-24-2018, 05:40 PM
Did anyone else see the possible warlord rework when they showed the nuxia in the arcade mode?https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CAZGWfoPpPI you can see it around 11 minutes into the video.

The_B0G_
08-24-2018, 05:51 PM
Did anyone else see the warlord rework when they showed the nuxia in the arcade mode. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CAZGWfoPpPI you can see it around 11 minutes into the video.

Thats a hero boss from the campaign, I think those are his special moves you're seeing, I don't think thats a rework.

jmac70
08-24-2018, 06:00 PM
Could be but hopefully not

The_B0G_
08-24-2018, 06:11 PM
Could be but hopefully not

Well, it is Gudmundr, thats for sure.

Lord_Cherubi
08-24-2018, 09:18 PM
Looks like good o'l Gudmundr lost his awkward (but painfully punishing) bear hug move.

Tyrjo
08-25-2018, 08:02 AM
Did anyone else see the possible warlord rework when they showed the nuxia in the arcade mode?https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CAZGWfoPpPI you can see it around 11 minutes into the video.

It's Gudmundr from the story mode/test your metal event. Not the Warlord archetype.

How to fix Warlord
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1889205-How-to-fix-Warlord

NikolajSlav
08-25-2018, 12:39 PM
First of all, I am a Warlord main. I am saying this because I feel in love with the current character and have finally learned to play him, at his fullest potential.

About 2 weeks back I made a post in which I asked for a buff/rework too him. I now deeply regret that post and I would like to apologize to all Lawbringer, Raider and Shugoki mains, which need the rework for real. Warlord does not.

One of the responses in that post was "go watch a stream and learn to play". I have watched and anaylzed gameplay from 2 streamers, which both belived Warlord is S tier in duels, and atleast A tier if not S in brawls. The results of my last 10 duels (9 wins 1 loss) would verify that.
The two streamers I watched were Mulicius and ClutchMeister. Both of which Main Warlord. I have asked them a series of questions, and began practicing.
I suggest you go watch them to learn how to play.

I know belive Warlord is the second best duelist in the game, matched in power only by the new Warden (which happened to be his counter, even before the rework)

I will now refute some statements I made, about him and why his weaknesses dont make him weak, but rather balanced.

1. I claimed Warlord has no feints outside his regular heavies. This is not true. Out of locked mode he can charge or GB or zone or Lock and parry. This creates a very uinque game play style, and an entirely new depth of mind games. This DRASTICALLY increases his skill cap. And also his power level.

2. I claimed Warlord has weak parry punish. 30 on light and either 12 + huge stamina drain on heavy OR 25 damage zone. Those are not weak parry punishes at all. They are not amazing. But they arent weak at the slightest. Especially considering the fact that his crushing shield charge / GB / parry mindgame almost ensures a OOS stamina punish for 37 damage every time. Its not amazing, but again if you compare it to other heros, most of them arent nearly as likely to actually knock someone down while the enemy is OOS. This makes his OOS punish quite above average in my opinion.

3. I claimed his fullguard is nearly useless. Against assassins, and if you practice the timing right this is almost an instant win. Only shaman can actually get to me as Warlord, all other assassins are easy victims too me now.

4. I claimed his short range makes him ****. To this I can reply, that range doesnt really matter that much. His side heavy and zone both have long range, so you are guranteed to be able to punish all the parries, and if you go to the offensive being head on is easy with zone / headbutt.
In addition, if you feel like you are out of reach for regular atacks, simply go out of lock and go for his out of lock in mind game (crushing charge / GB / zone)

5, I claimed the fack he lacks an unblockable damaging atack is a hindrance. This is untrue. He has headbutt. Which is wicked fast. And an actual unblockable atack is only truely important in either team fights OR for feinting as an OOS knockdown condition. He has crushing charge for that, making his lack of an actuall unblockable atack totally un important.

6. I claimed his basic combos, of only L H and H L are a hindrance. This point remains. If he gets a rework, which I hope for Raiders sake (I am viking main) he doesnt get just yet, I hope he gets L L and H H also. That is everything he truely needs, EVER.

Summary:

His power of the out of lock in mindgames in imense. Each try, giving anything from a 25 damage zone to a 30 damage side heavy or even GG from a ledge.
In addition, his guardbreak is by far the most powerfull guardbreak in the game. On many maps that can mean an instant kill via ledge, while getting guardbroken the enemy mearly hits you with a heavy.
And here lies his last power.
Being at 140 hp instead of 120 means he ALLWAYS has 1 more mistake he can make, sometimes even 2. That has insane potential value.
His kit is not weak. It is insanely diverse and has insane potential. Warlord simply has a very high skill celling. It takes time, focus and patience to understand his kit.
Everything from Crushing charge mix ups, to parry punishes, and his crushing light aswell as fullguard give him a tool for every situation.

He is the second best duelist in the game at the moment, if you use his kit correctly. That is a statement I stand upon after learning Warlord from ClutchMeister. Currently the 4th best PC player of For honor on the entire planet. I would like to thank him for his insight and I would HIGHLY recommend his streams.

Good luck to you all,

- A Warlord main.

Hormly
08-25-2018, 12:42 PM
First of all, I am a Warlord main. I am saying this because I feel in love with the current character and have finally learned to play him, at his fullest potential.

About 2 weeks back I made a post in which I asked for a buff/rework too him. I now deeply regret that post and I would like to apologize to all Lawbringer, Raider and Shugoki mains, which need the rework for real. Warlord does not.

One of the responses in that post was "go watch a stream and learn to play". I have watched and anaylzed gameplay from 2 streamers, which both belived Warlord is S tier in duels, and atleast A tier if not S in brawls. The results of my last 10 duels (9 wins 1 loss) would verify that.
The two streamers I watched were Mulicius and ClutchMeister. Both of which Main Warlord. I have asked them a series of questions, and began practicing.
I suggest you go watch them to learn how to play.

I know belive Warlord is the second best duelist in the game, matched in power only by the new Warden (which happened to be his counter, even before the rework)

I will now refute some statements I made, about him and why his weaknesses dont make him weak, but rather balanced.

1. I claimed Warlord has no feints outside his regular heavies. This is not true. Out of locked mode he can charge or GB or zone or Lock and parry. This creates a very uinque game play style, and an entirely new depth of mind games. This DRASTICALLY increases his skill cap. And also his power level.

2. I claimed Warlord has weak parry punish. 30 on light and either 12 + huge stamina drain on heavy OR 25 damage zone. Those are not weak parry punishes at all. They are not amazing. But they arent weak at the slightest. Especially considering the fact that his crushing shield charge / GB / parry mindgame almost ensures a OOS stamina punish for 37 damage every time. Its not amazing, but again if you compare it to other heros, most of them arent nearly as likely to actually knock someone down while the enemy is OOS. This makes his OOS punish quite above average in my opinion.

3. I claimed his fullguard is nearly useless. Against assassins, and if you practice the timing right this is almost an instant win. Only shaman can actually get to me as Warlord, all other assassins are easy victims too me now.

4. I claimed his short range makes him ****. To this I can reply, that range doesnt really matter that much. His side heavy and zone both have long range, so you are guranteed to be able to punish all the parries, and if you go to the offensive being head on is easy with zone / headbutt.
In addition, if you feel like you are out of reach for regular atacks, simply go out of lock and go for his out of lock in mind game (crushing charge / GB / zone)

5, I claimed the fack he lacks an unblockable damaging atack is a hindrance. This is untrue. He has headbutt. Which is wicked fast. And an actual unblockable atack is only truely important in either team fights OR for feinting as an OOS knockdown condition. He has crushing charge for that, making his lack of an actuall unblockable atack totally un important.

6. I claimed his basic combos, of only L H and H L are a hindrance. This point remains. If he gets a rework, which I hope for Raiders sake (I am viking main) he doesnt get just yet, I hope he gets L L and H H also. That is everything he truely needs, EVER.

Summary:

His power of the out of lock in mindgames in imense. Each try, giving anything from a 25 damage zone to a 30 damage side heavy or even GG from a ledge.
In addition, his guardbreak is by far the most powerfull guardbreak in the game. On many maps that can mean an instant kill via ledge, while getting guardbroken the enemy mearly hits you with a heavy.
And here lies his last power.
Being at 140 hp instead of 120 means he ALLWAYS has 1 more mistake he can make, sometimes even 2. That has insane potential value.
His kit is not weak. It is insanely diverse and has insane potential. Warlord simply has a very high skill celling. It takes time, focus and patience to understand his kit.
Everything from Crushing charge mix ups, to parry punishes, and his crushing light aswell as fullguard give him a tool for every situation.

He is the second best duelist in the game at the moment, if you use his kit correctly. That is a statement I stand upon after learning Warlord from ClutchMeister. Currently the 4th best PC player of For honor on the entire planet. I would like to thank him for his insight and I would HIGHLY recommend his streams.

Good luck to you all,

- A Warlord main.

Get cancer

NikolajSlav
08-25-2018, 12:50 PM
Get cancer

Second best duelist in the game. I am offering salvation to you. You arent reliant on Ubisoft giving you stuff. You have the power right infront of you. All you have to do is practice, and grab it.

SEIZE THE DAY. Then again Warlord has the highest skill celling in the game, so you might not have the talent to properly master his simple, yet complex to use kit.