PDA

View Full Version : Long ranged vs. short ranged heros..

Phenoloth
08-24-2018, 11:42 AM
im playing For Honor for a long time now and still enjoy it. What i´ve noticed since the reworks is that if you play a hero with a long ranged weapon you have definitely an advantage that is sometimes really to huge. Im pointing out on Cent, Pk, Warlord etc. in this case, they are in big disadvantage in comparison to heros with a huge spear. It looks really humble when you have to dodge forward to close the gab between you and your opponent. The range nerf for cent was not a good idea and now after all the reworks most heros have equal fast attacks, unblockables and dash/kick attacks what like Cent has initially as he was released its even worse.

The reason why his range has been decreased aren´t existent anymore and therefore he should get back his range. Centurion´s should be agile and quick because they got a short sword and one bare hand. You took away a lot of his damage, his guardbreak efficiency after guardbreak changes and his range.. That was a bit too much wasn´t it.

Another unbalance between short and long ranged weapong using heros is when it comes to activation of revenge. Did you ever noticed how efficient a Valk, Nobushi, Kensei, Raider, Gladiator etc. can be with activated revenge? Heros with a short ranged weapon deserve a movement boost additionally to compensate those disadvantages or at least increase the range of his weapon when in revenge.

Ah and give back Cents range im sich of spamming forward dash to close the gap to my opponent. Nerfing the range of Cent was a bad idea before the reworks and now its even worse till the reworked heros tracking are always getting you..

Illyrian_King
08-24-2018, 11:45 AM
Well I guess, that's the point of a ranged weapon :rolleyes:

This is already, how it should be.

Phenoloth
08-24-2018, 12:03 PM

Sure it was maybe before the reworks came.. read my arguments again.

"The range nerf for cent was not a good idea and now after all the reworks most heros have equal fast attacks, unblockables and dash/kick attacks what like Cent has initially as he was released."

Some reworked heros tracking seems bugged to me as well. Even if you dodge on point you cant evoid some attacks somehow.

guest-Nez6tBu0
08-24-2018, 01:04 PM

when you have shorter/smaller weapon you should be able to move faster. Look at Shinobi, etc...Anyway Centurion wear quite heavy armor, so he should be not kind agile(backflips and that kind of shiat), thats why in reality he had huge shield to compensate with small short sword. In For Honor he just forget his shield somewhere so he should be at least more nimble, but it look like conq with armor and iron shield is faster than him. If Centurion is so well armored why he has so little HP or why not dmg reduction??? I guess logic went to galaxy trip

If one of my employees bring me this Centurion concept on table, he would hate me for the rest of his life. (prob devs will hate me on this forum :)
Let`s look deeper:
- roman soldier But without shield (lets not be stereotypical)
- full plate armor But he will have least HP and no damage reduction (I guess lets think out of the box or what)
- and after successful attack every time he gets 15-20 second mini cutscene so everyone got time to see and enjoy how scenery is beautiful in this game (daah, smart moves!, you get me there), after

well if I`m looking at it now, It all looks like if Centurion were designed by the women or a chicken. Ok But! you can say, there has to be kind of manager a person how is responsible to approve and correct all this **** after all these ****tards working for company (ones that ever work with programmers might knows what a tragedy it is in most cases), you know at least one person who is using half capacity of his brain. But, I don`t know maybe he had vacation that time...when he comes back, "Aaaaaah shiat guuuuuysss", shi_t! its already out. Aaaaand this is what have and this is what we have to work with, I guess irony of reality.

Illyrian_King
08-24-2018, 01:49 PM
Sry I overread a few phrases ... after such a long time in this forum one might tend towards only reading the first few phrases :rolleyes:

Yes some things are really strange in this game.

Can anyone explain me, why Lawbringer in full-plate has no hyperarmour, but Zerk with chesthair has?

ArmoredChocobo
08-24-2018, 03:41 PM
Except I only remember two “long range” characters existing and that one has lights slower than most character’s heavies and the other flops on their back to get their belly rubbed if you simply parry or CGB their ranged options.

NHLGoldenKnight
08-24-2018, 03:43 PM
It is interesting how no one is complaining because Centurion can fly through the air in heavy armor or because his zone has 2x reach of his actual weapon length. Realistically, yes, that sob should die in many conformations. One empty hand, short weapon= death.

HazelrahFirefly
08-24-2018, 04:08 PM
Realism went out the door a long time ago in FH. Sorry fellas.

Phenoloth
08-24-2018, 04:51 PM
Realism went out the door a long time ago in FH. Sorry fellas.

Realism is not my concern.. im trying to point out, that the complete roster of heros are a misconceptual disaster balance wise. In a pvp oriented fighting game i´d like to see public test runs before a hero gets a rework. Many other game titles provide those tests. Devs follow a static maybe partially a dynamic testing path before realeasing new moves but player always tend to find the cheese spot very easily.

Those cheese spots stay uncovered before the typical testing process in dev team is allready approved to be released. You can´t make a proper balanced game if you dont provide public tests. Im sure im not one of a minority of player thinking this game has massive balancing issues.

Realism in terms of beeing a Centurion would require a shield and some military medival moves to cc crowds and a more defensive countering fighting styles. etc. Yes but that not what i hope to see in FH at all.

We just need better balanced heros along the roster and that should be based on math and dps meters. Look at some heros doing in one shot over 50 damage while others struggle to get 50 damage out of a combo that is so predictable like the weather in great britain in april... rainy days for Centurions. :D

HazelrahFirefly
08-24-2018, 05:22 PM
Oh, no, your original post was solid; I was referring to everyone else. I would hope that nobody argues the game is imbalanced lol.