PDA

View Full Version : PC Controller Mapping Help needed

Roseguard_Cpt
08-24-2018, 12:36 AM
Hello everyone, been awhile since I was last on here. I just picked up For Honor on PC and I'm trying to use my trusty PS4 controller (as my PC is a laptop, and a track-pad is not good enough) but it would seem that I cannot remap the buttons for my separate piece of hardware. Personally I swapped R3 and Square and I'm hoping to do so for PC but so far it would seem I may be out of luck. I've looked around at the control mapping but whenever I try to map in my controller it doesn't seem to register it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
RGC

Alustar.
08-24-2018, 12:44 AM
There should be a control scheme that sits that? I remember there being one on PS4 that did that exact thing, I just don't know which one, and I saw it when I was reminding my keys myself. I transferred from PlayStation as well. Let me know if you're still having trouble I'll see if I can post a screen shot of what to do.

Roseguard_Cpt
08-24-2018, 12:50 AM
Found Controller layout 2 to be the one. Took me a moment to translate Xbox to PS4 but this seems to be the right controls for me. Thanks for the help!

Roseguard_Cpt
08-24-2018, 01:05 AM
Played a couple matches, it's the right setup. Now I feel bad because I'm in the "Unintentional Smurf" phase. Gotta get my MMR back up

DefiledDragon
08-24-2018, 01:19 AM
Played a couple matches, it's the right setup. Now I feel bad because I'm in the "Unintentional Smurf" phase. Gotta get my MMR back up

Dear oh dear. Preying on noobs. You're a disgrace to your faction! :P

UbiJurassic
08-24-2018, 02:47 AM
If you keep having Xbox prompts pop up on Steam for your controller, take a glance over your Steam Big Picture settings and make sure you disable the “PS4 controller configuration".

Roseguard_Cpt
08-24-2018, 03:22 AM
It was just on the Controller layout screen display, my prompts are still coming across as PS though so it's alright. Thanks for the tip though.