PDA

View Full Version : Warrior's Den August 23rd

CandleInTheDark
08-23-2018, 03:44 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToVYu12VP-8

This is set to be a big one. Eric said last week that this is as big as their E3 stream and will have stuff we have been looking for, given some of the videos out there, it is a solid guess that Nuxia, Jiang Jun and their arcade mode will be on the show and getting air time.

Remember that this is a special show with twitch drops, if you have a twitch account linked to uplay it might be worth watching it there.

Warrior's Den Gamescom Edition activate \m/<(-.-)>\m/

The devs are at Gamescom this week, this is pre-recorded.

On the show today they shall reveal gameplay of Nuxia and Jiang Jun. Also the new PvAI Arcade.

News of the week.

As of this week marching Fire is on pre-order, it contains the Wu Lin heroes on a two week early access and arcade. There is a preorder bonus of elite outfits. The pre-order is digital only. It is $29.99

Until 27th August, the starter edition is free on Steam. Something they haven't said, at the Ubi store Gold which emans all the DLC is £21 (not sure how this converts) so that and Marching Fire if anyone you know doesn't have the game will cost less than the base game+season pass.

For all the cosplayers out there there is a guide on the site for the Wu Lin.

Reining Inferno.

This week they have two orders, starting today playing vikings in infernal dominion, starting August 27th same for the samurai.

Limited time dynamic bundles are live.

Content of the week, emote,it is only available for a week. By the looks of it, like the sword in the stone one, this is one of those activate ten times tog et the result you want emotes.

Nuxia and Jiang Jun

As before they went over some of the inspirations and concept art. The way they are looking to distinguish the Wu Lin from other factions stylistically is in the richness of the cloth. Some of the conept art and character in game preview stuff is just gorgeous. In terms of what they showed us, the nuxia had the set from the poster and a half mask type thing along with the cape that is a distinctive feature of her, jiang jun, again he has his poster outfit and he has a younger vesion of him in a more militarily inspired outfit.

Gameplay demo.

Nuxia

Nuxia is the Wu Lin assassin, in her past life she was the bodyguard for Chinese generals in the guise of a dancer.

She has every three attack chain, heavy finishers move the opponent.

As an assassin, she of course has reflex guard and a deflect.

She has a prediction based trap that is a guardbreak cancel from heavies or zones that provide a free attack if they it a block.

She is a very simple character in that she does not have much in terms of kit depth but she is good with what she has. They made a deliberate thing of not relying on super fast attacks.

Jiang Jun

Jiang Jun is a hybrid, a mix of vanguard and heavy (maybe, see below). Eric Pope said we don't have a heavy and they said not yet (hint hint).

Jiang Jun has a full set of two attack chains.

His attacks are very powerful and have zone properties which means they use a lot of stamina, he has a stamina regen stance because of this which also gives him dodge and a cancel to the recoveries of his attacks as well as a feint to the start of attacks.

He has dodge attacks that can cancel into a light going the opposite direction.. His forward dodge heavy cancels into a kick which is apparently pretty easy to dodge so it is a matter of use it at thew right time..

Unblockable finishers.

Guardbreak causes stun.

He has two dedicated parry punishes, one for damage, one for stamina.

Their fact checker apparently says no he isn't a hybrid, he is a heavy, I am going to leave what I wrote earlier up until they make up their damn minds.

Jiang Jun's feats are more around support, Nuxia's are around keeping a 1v1 that way, she will pick up one person and go to town on them.

Arcade

They show some of the menu changes in this demonstration and a new hero grid.

Arcade is a new PvAI. You select a quest which has a number of battles and each battle has a number of modifiers. There are different difficulties each with more quests and different modifiers. A quest is more difficult if you don't have high enough gear, they say going into legendary with grey gear is very not recommended. All characters are shared between PvP and Arcade, you level up the same roster of characters in each unlike with campaign mode.

As with regular vs AI you can do all your progression in arcade mode, you get xp and assets. Xp boost et al works there. there are exlcusive cosmetic loots you can't get elsewhere.

Each quest has a little story to give it some context. In a quest the scoreboard button shows active modifiers. Each time you load a quest you will have different opponents, arenas, modifiers, etc.

Sometimes they use campaign characters such as Gudmundr.

Amount of reward is based on the time spent in the game, so if you die a few times on a mroe challenging one you get more rewards for xp and assets et al.

They are playing with the idea of having weekly non random quests. These are meant to be harder and have their own exclusive rewards. That won't come with Marching Fire, it is still in development.

If you own arcade mode you can invite anyone whether they have bought arcade or not.

And that is our show.

NHLGoldenKnight
08-23-2018, 04:05 AM
I want them to explain taking away gear stats that were paid for by players. I am not giving up until I get my 120 000 steel back. Thieves!

DefiledDragon
08-23-2018, 04:09 AM
I want them to explain taking away gear stats that were paid for by players. I am not giving up until I get my 120 000 steel back. Thieves!

I swear I've seen you post this in every thread :D

I do sympathise though. I've spent quite a bit myself. Nowhere near that much, but still a few tens of thousands.

Maybe they will offer some kind of compensation. We don't know yet.

TSCDescon
08-23-2018, 04:37 AM
I swear I've seen you post this in every thread :D

I do sympathise though. I've spent quite a bit myself. Nowhere near that much, but still a few tens of thousands.

Maybe they will offer some kind of compensation. We don't know yet.

3 days of champion status. No thank you, lol.

I agreed. Iíve spent too much steel to upgrade my gear.

MarshalMoriarty
08-23-2018, 05:05 AM
Agree also. I don't care about compensation - I just think change on this scale with no trial period after so long is a supremely foolish move.

They can't balance the game as it is now. So they bring in a system that will probably 3-4 seasons to be even remotely fair and distract from everything else they should be addressing (treating console players as something more than vermin, the need for lots of new maps, reversing this hated trend to super fast light spam on reworks etc etc etc).

Lord_Cherubi
08-23-2018, 05:40 AM
Hey guys i haven't paid attention, why are they removing gear stats again? You barely notice any difference until someone has 180lvl refined gear on them...

Armosias
08-23-2018, 10:10 AM

Oh they're going to remove gear from your inventory? Because you paid for gear pieces not gear stats.

Tyrjo
08-23-2018, 12:17 PM

This is the exact same reason I never spent any real money on steel nor did I bother with the refinement of gear. I knew they were gonna juggle it up later anyways. Steel saved!

ChampionRuby50g
08-23-2018, 01:01 PM
Oh they're going to remove gear from your inventory? Because you paid for gear pieces not gear stats.

Itís the same thing technically. He couldíve bought steel packs, then used that paid for steel to buy scavenger crates to find the right piece of Armor with the right look (before the update in which we can see all the Armor weíve previously unlocked), using that steel to change Armor pieces and then again using that steel paid for with money to upgrade said armor pieces. My phone autocorrects armor into a capital and I cbf changing it.

I get where he is coming from, and while I personally donít really mind even though Iíve spent a little money on scavenger packs before, it would be nice to see some compensation, after all itís over a years worth of grinding and buying stuff to get the perfect load out for many players.

Armosias
08-23-2018, 01:09 PM
Since they're going to keep the gear, upgrade and refine levels I don't believe them to be such "thieves" because never have I seen Ubi state that gear stats would never change. It's already not a bad idea to guarantee perks on our equiped items to keep a good start. Anyway it's probably not the last time they change our gear so instead of trying to get that 0.5% attack buff you crave for, get an outfit

Xil_h
08-23-2018, 01:46 PM
9. CHANGES TO THIS EULA OR TO THE PRODUCT.
(...)
UBISOFT may modify the Product for any reason or without any specific reason, at any time and at its entire discretion, in particular for technical reasons such as updates, maintenance operations and/or resets to improve and/or optimize the Product. You agree that the Product may install or download the modifications automatically. You agree that UBISOFT may stop to support previous versions of the Product upon availability of an updated version. UBISOFTís channel partners and associated service providers shall have no obligation to furnish any maintenance or customer support with respect to the Product. UBISOFT also reserves the right to amend the Rules of Conduct set out in Section 1 to place limits on the use of the Product.

You all agreed. So keep your mouthes in check

Corentin10111
08-23-2018, 03:42 PM
Twitch is down! What about the warrior's den??

HazelrahFirefly
08-23-2018, 03:58 PM
Since they're going to keep the gear, upgrade and refine levels I don't believe them to be such "thieves" because never have I seen Ubi state that gear stats would never change. It's already not a bad idea to guarantee perks on our equiped items to keep a good start. Anyway it's probably not the last time they change our gear so instead of trying to get that 0.5% attack buff you crave for, get an outfit

Wow, your nose is as brown as it gets.

I understand if you dont have a problem with the gear changing, and frankly I only barely care because I think the perk system will be vastly superior. HOWEVER, anyone has a justified complaint about the new system invalidating any steel that was spent in the past.

First we could only farm for gear to get the right stats for our playstyle, but you could still pay sterl to upgrade it.

Then they added the ability to change the appearance, and lots of people (100% if I had to guess) paid to change pieces with the right stats over to appear as the pieces they preferred.

Then, instead of increasing the inventory or adding a storage of some kind, they added the visual collection scam. Now people are paying steel to switch a piece with the right stats any number of times to fit their appearance. And before you say that this is an appearance issue only, the game is designed around appearance - EVERY WEEK new appearance options come out as an incentive to spend steel and make more changes.

Now, all those stats that every single player (probably) spent steel for are being wiped from the game. They are being replaced by perks, chosen at random to be put on the gear. No accounting for steel spent or for playstyle. Even with equipped gear being congruent to one another when they change happens, you could still end up with every single piece of gear being less than ideal. And that matters, because we've all paid to make every single piece exactly ideal, and not a small amount paid either in a lot of cases. Do you know what that means? It means we have to pay MORE steel to change the pieces again.

HazelrahFirefly
08-23-2018, 03:59 PM
Oh, and my question for the devs is #UnlockTheColors

CandleInTheDark
08-23-2018, 06:25 PM
Recap is up, meaty news on nuxia, jiang jun and arcade. They said they have much more that they have yet to show, this is a huge update.

Knight_Raime
08-23-2018, 07:15 PM
I actually spit water out when I saw Jiang Jun's kick. Like this old guy is one cheeky ****er. I love it.
I was saddened that they didn't clarify how traps work in external guard situations (like my ally gets parried/blocked first. Does that mean I can't trap them?)
I figure it won't work for balance reasons. But I wish they would have talked a bit more about it.

I still have some concern over each hero though. They feel a bit more niche compared to monk or tiandi. But maybe I just am fanboying over monk too hard.
Seems like there are very subtle animations for her switching the attack to trap. Which is good I guess considering her zone is 1000ms and her heavies are all 800ms.
I still think Jiang Jun is going to struggle a bit in 1v1 encounters due to lack of opener and his overall attack speeds. But we will see. They didn't mention his stance being GBable. It better be or he'll be busted.

I wonder what else they have to even show. unless they're hiding reworks from us. Or they have some major balance pass coming.

CandleInTheDark
08-23-2018, 08:31 PM
I actually spit water out when I saw Jiang Jun's kick. Like this old guy is one cheeky ****er. I love it.
I was saddened that they didn't clarify how traps work in external guard situations (like my ally gets parried/blocked first. Does that mean I can't trap them?)
I figure it won't work for balance reasons. But I wish they would have talked a bit more about it.

I still have some concern over each hero though. They feel a bit more niche compared to monk or tiandi. But maybe I just am fanboying over monk too hard.
Seems like there are very subtle animations for her switching the attack to trap. Which is good I guess considering her zone is 1000ms and her heavies are all 800ms.
I still think Jiang Jun is going to struggle a bit in 1v1 encounters due to lack of opener and his overall attack speeds. But we will see. They didn't mention his stance being GBable. It better be or he'll be busted.

I wonder what else they have to even show. unless they're hiding reworks from us. Or they have some major balance pass coming.

According to the moveset information the traps don't work on people in block recovery, to me that implies that if they have just blocked someone else the trap doesn't work until their recovery is over. Still it shouldn't be that difficult to get a block of your own in external situations.

In terms of what is coming, my guess would be there are more reworks, we know that at the least the warlord, lawbringer and shugoki haven't received a large scale balance pass or rework, I'd want to see last seasons' numbers but the nobushi suffered after hers maybe due to the fight system changes and could likely do with something also.

HazelrahFirefly
08-23-2018, 09:00 PM
Aw crap, I forgot to log onto twitch to get crates.

AzureSky.
08-23-2018, 09:15 PM
Same, i wasted a lot of steel making my build, a lot of boxes just to get my ideal build and when they change it to perks we are getting that screwed. Maybe make us avaliable to pick what perks we want in the gear that we have already at max rank? (30) That way they will not need to give any kind of compensation and players that invested a lot on their builds will be ok with it.

Knight_Raime
08-24-2018, 01:05 AM
According to the moveset information the traps don't work on people in block recovery, to me that implies that if they have just blocked someone else the trap doesn't work until their recovery is over. Still it shouldn't be that difficult to get a block of your own in external situations.

In terms of what is coming, my guess would be there are more reworks, we know that at the least the warlord, lawbringer and shugoki haven't received a large scale balance pass or rework, I'd want to see last seasons' numbers but the nobushi suffered after hers maybe due to the fight system changes and could likely do with something also.

Yeah I saw the description and made the same conclusion. Just would have been nice if they actually stated it.

Klingentaenz3r
08-24-2018, 07:35 AM
Yeah I saw the description and made the same conclusion. Just would have been nice if they actually stated it.

What they stated was very broad (statement from Damien). And yeah I believe it is really just when the target is in a blocking guard stance but not actively blocking an attack. That should prevent that a berserker binds you with his zone and nuxia grabs you out of allblock and puts you on the ground.
However in the 1v1 szenario I think you can even bypass the system on reaction by just changing your block direction as you have to attack the block in order to trap the weapon :D

"You want my weapon?! Nope! *guard switch* Nope *guard switch* *slash to the face* "

I wonder how this will turn out. Will depend gravely on how good and fast the cancels into the trap moves are.

The_B0G_
08-24-2018, 02:46 PM
I too think we should get some steel compensation, I have at least 10 sets 180 gear loadouts, it hardly seems fair to lose all that steel invested just because they decided to change the gear system, no less than 20k steel should be given out in reparations per player.

Knight_Raime
08-24-2018, 05:51 PM
What they stated was very broad (statement from Damien). And yeah I believe it is really just when the target is in a blocking guard stance but not actively blocking an attack. That should prevent that a berserker binds you with his zone and nuxia grabs you out of allblock and puts you on the ground.
However in the 1v1 szenario I think you can even bypass the system on reaction by just changing your block direction as you have to attack the block in order to trap the weapon :D

"You want my weapon?! Nope! *guard switch* Nope *guard switch* *slash to the face* "

I wonder how this will turn out. Will depend gravely on how good and fast the cancels into the trap moves are.

I doubt people would do that. One because you have to factor in guard switch delay. and two because attacking them on reaction is better. The window currently is the same as any other soft feint. 400ms. Which I think needs adjusting personally to be made a bit harder to react to. But we will see.

Vakris_One
08-25-2018, 01:09 PM
We will have to see if her trap is stuffable with a light attack on reaction. It looked like it could be stuffed with a 500ms light on reaction. All in all I'm thinking you won't want to ever be trying her trap from neutral. Its optimal use will be in combo to add pressure to someone who is turtling you via just blocking or going for light parries.

Her zone trap might become very annoying on external block in a gank where if the opponent blocks or parries it they get trapped and if they dodge it they get GBed by her teammate. When used well it could be very threatening.

CandleInTheDark
08-25-2018, 02:36 PM

The problem you have there is that say you stuff a few traps, all good and proper, sooner or later she is going to let an attack go through, what might be worse is if it is a heavy finisher because finishers that can wallsplat or ledge you are something to look out for, been getting some nice wallsplats and ledges with Valk's light finishers when people are expecting a sweep.

HazelrahFirefly
08-25-2018, 03:36 PM
Assumingly the best way to play Nuxia will be to constantly be mixing it up, a trap here, a heavy there, then 2 of one, 1 of the other, and so on. Could be a lot of fun, but it also just sounds like another version of feinting. Which, I guess, kinda makes sense.

CandleInTheDark
08-25-2018, 05:05 PM
Assumingly the best way to play Nuxia will be to constantly be mixing it up, a trap here, a heavy there, then 2 of one, 1 of the other, and so on. Could be a lot of fun, but it also just sounds like another version of feinting. Which, I guess, kinda makes sense.

That is my thought as well, kind of like with the kensei feints before letting his top heavy fly, my thought is you need to get them to the point that block or avoid blocking is at best an educated guess, sometimes they will guess right and (assumedly) be able to punish you but guessing wrong means you're eating a heavy or whatever the dedicated punish is. Take that a layer further, if there is a ledge or a spiked wall or a wall in general for a wallsplat punish that choice can become literally a matter of life or death if you've let her get to her heavy finisher.

Obviously a nuxia will want to be mixing in zones, zone traps and lights as well to vary the parry windows, I am assuming from what the devs said on this Den about her not being a super fast assassin she has nothing quicker than 500ms, which is parryable, at the least certainly blockable and safe to block, it is just a matter of when is the heavy that can come at any time and the option it provides coming.

All in all it sounds like she is an assassin you have to play clever rather than fast and if that is the case I am looking forward to getting my hands on her.

Smuggler007
08-26-2018, 10:22 PM
Aw crap, I forgot to log onto twitch to get crates.

@HazelrahFirefly not crates, Mate; Just xp boost tickets and a chance to win 100k steel in this week's installment of The Warrior's Den.