PDA

View Full Version : This year's new content and pricing...

Alustar.
08-22-2018, 12:16 PM
So, I have a major problem here, Last year's dlc came with 6 heroes(with early access), an exclusive outfit for each hero, and was released over the next four seasons.
This time, we have only four heroes(with early access) and a glorified brawl pvai mode. So tell me how it is that these two packages are priced the same? We aren't getting near the content for this price tag. To make it worse, this new faction isn't even participating in the faction war. What I want to know is, for $30 are you going to be releasing additional new heroes with this package or is this just a quick money grab?

Tyrjo
08-22-2018, 03:44 PM
The price point made the decision to not buy it easy though. I'm pretty sure there will be no more heroes in this expansion, otherwise they would have said so already.

HazelrahFirefly
08-22-2018, 03:47 PM
Did they announce that it's definitely $30??

If so, hard pass. Actually, it's a pass no matter what............ unless the new mode becomes the only way to get new armor, and then I will be all in like a sucker.

SpaceJim12
08-22-2018, 05:12 PM
Did they announce that it's definitely $30??

If so, hard pass. Actually, it's a pass no matter what............ unless the new mode becomes the only way to get new armor, and then I will be all in like a sucker.

It's already in Ubisoft Store.=)
And yes, it's include only Arcade mode and early access to 4 new heroes. Not so much for this price.

P.S. What 28K steel Elite Outfits? 28K steel per one? oo

SangLong524
08-22-2018, 05:15 PM
Obviously ubi think they put one hell of an effort into the new mode, not the new casts since they should be nothing less than their best effort obviously. Outrageous Overpricing with Ubisoft products is nothing new to me, ever since ACs.
I withhold judgement when the dlc arrives. But I'm sure most of us will buy the pass anyway.

Illyrian_King
08-22-2018, 05:22 PM
Lets hope many will buy the pass ... how should the game effort it's updates if not this way?

I want FH to bring big updates also later.

SpaceJim12
08-22-2018, 05:28 PM
Lets hope many will buy the pass ... how should the game effort it's updates if not this way?

I want FH to bring big updates also later.

Well, with current level of grind, I think Ubi gets enough money from steel packs.
I'm not against buying anything. But new Arcade mode (obviously only exclusive content of this expasion) do not looks like worth this price.

Alustar.
08-22-2018, 06:18 PM
Trash, $30 does not inspire me to pay for early access to four heroes, especially when the new game mode is something I'll never touch because I'm not here for PvAI. I could see the price as justified if there were more heroes on the way, similar to the prior season pass, but this is leagues behind in content.

Tyrjo
08-22-2018, 06:58 PM
If I could transfer my steel and unlocks from PS4 to PC I probably would have bought this though.

NHLGoldenKnight
08-22-2018, 07:15 PM
Yeah, they are quick to charge money for their content while at the same time taking away gear stats that were paid for by players. On top of that, they still charge for gear upgrade although they will remove it once new season starts. What a shady bloodsucking company.

Wes8504
08-22-2018, 07:18 PM
I would be more willing to pay the $30 if they were going to include 2 extra heroes for the new faction, one coming in season 9 and the second in season 10, giving all factions an equal amount of heroes. But I guess they figure that arcade mode is worth 2 heroes...

HazelrahFirefly
08-22-2018, 08:02 PM
I'll say this... if the Arcade mode ends up being multiplayer, 4 player co-op AND my three regular pals are all gung-ho about getting it, I will make the purchase as well.

Fat chance on the latter part though, as two of them have never touched a dlc character (well, one of them bought the Cent I guess, w/e).

Knight_Raime
08-22-2018, 10:06 PM
30$ is a fair asking price when considering the steel you would be paying for those elite outfits.
the pve mode is good in the sense that it gives those who arte not up to snuff in actual pvp to grind it out the ability to get the same gear.
plus you can even invite someone who doesn't have the dlc to play with you.

The faction will eventually participate in the war. Just not when it launches. We will probably get an actual season pass for another year of heros announced before years end.
either way it's something i'll be picking up with money at some point since I don't have the steel to buy all the heros. and I could see myself playing pve just to wind down or have a chill evening.

ChampionRuby50g
08-22-2018, 10:49 PM
Nah this isnít justifiable. 4 new heroes, compared to 8 for the same price, when with the 8 you still had to buy whatever outfits you wanted, and elite outfits are only 7000 steel, so that price is really a non-issue here.

As you guys are saying itís 30 bucks and same price as last years season pass, that means itís gonna be roughly 60 AUD for me. So that means Iíve got to pay nearly the full price off this game when it first came out, as I paid $64 AUD for the disc standard edition from a retailer here. Content is really lacking. I was expecting to pay 30AUD for all this, but now Iíve got to pay literally double? Yeah, this is a cash grab, and itís disgusting.

Devils-_-legacy
08-22-2018, 11:15 PM
Nah this isnít justifiable. 4 new heroes, compared to 8 for the same price, when with the 8 you still had to buy whatever outfits you wanted, and elite outfits are only 7000 steel, so that price is really a non-issue here.

As you guys are saying itís 30 bucks and same price as last years season pass, that means itís gonna be roughly 60 AUD for me. So that means Iíve got to pay nearly the full price off this game when it first came out, as I paid $64 AUD for the disc standard edition from a retailer here. Content is really lacking. I was expecting to pay 30AUD for all this, but now Iíve got to pay literally double? Yeah, this is a cash grab, and itís disgusting.

Have they said it's definitely only 4 heros I assumed they would relase 2 more wu lin and the marching fire would of covered it I'm a bit gutted lol

ChampionRuby50g
08-23-2018, 02:20 AM
Have they said it's definitely only 4 heros I assumed they would relase 2 more wu lin and the marching fire would of covered it I'm a bit gutted lol

They could be releasing two more down the line, but according to this:

https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/expansion/marching-fire/

They say 4 new heroes with the update, and itís not a season pass we are buying, just a paid DLC update. Itís an even bigger kick in the nuts that the heroes are locked behind this paywall until Ubisoft decide to make them available to everyone at probably 15000 steel each.

CandleInTheDark
08-23-2018, 03:13 AM
Ok so essentially what we are paying for is early access to four heroes everyone will get with steel, same as before with two less heroes, elite outfits for them as with the original season pass and a game mode that some may or may not play. On that basis it would depend on a few things.

Do you want the heroes early?

Do you want them without paying steel for them?

Are you going to get something out of the PVE?

I can only speak in my own case but I quite like having them early and I quite like having them unlocked without paying 60,000 steel, the steel I have, currently around 25,000, I can use to get executions and outfits, on top of that I would need to buy steel that would cost not much less than the dlc in order to get all four (I have ocd, I need them all unlocked), for all the heroes, buying 60,000 steel as opposed to earning it in game would certainly cost more (with in game earning still being an option) before you count outfits and game modes.

The PVE mode? Eh I can take it or leave it, if I can get xp for going through it I would be more on the side of take it.

At a first glance, I would say for me it is worth it because it gives me the heroes, I would also say I had figured on about £30 for a new season pass and this is around that range (£25.99), but I can also see where people aren't willing to pay for that also, this isn't a season pass, it is DLC. If a proper season pass came out, I would look at what they are promising before paying money but again if it is heroes I would likely get it and in my own case I can budget for that, everyone's circumstances are different and would be part of the equation.

One thing I would say though is that this is not all we are getting in October, we are getting a new game mode in breach that has been asked for in a siege based game mode since near day one and graphical improvements for free and the characters will eventually be available for in game currency, many companies expect real money or bust on both the characters and game modes developed since launch. We also get the gear stat changes which as a 4v4 player with more than one character always on the go and as someone who has argued since day one that we shouldn't be making new players grind if matchmaking is always before character select, horizontal progression rather than vertical is something I am very much for.

In my mind all that also very much tips the scales on do I want to throw a bit of money at them to help further development. People say that they are trying to make money, well, yeah, sure, that's the whole aim and it is a game under continued development, within reason I don't see that as an entirely bad thing. Most of what they put out there is either free or can be bought with in game currency, with that in mind they have better practice than many such as say Battlefield where the new maps are behind a paywall so you lose a chunk of the player base to play against if you don't pay out.

BLOOD-E-BARON
08-23-2018, 04:00 AM

It's $45 aud on the Ps store so I'd imagine it would be the same on the Xbox marketplace.

NHLGoldenKnight
08-23-2018, 04:02 AM
Still waiting for these thieves from Ubisoft to explain to me how they can just steal over 120 000 of steel from me by removing gear stats without offering fair compensation? And yet they dare to charge so much for new heroes and new mode.

SpaceJim12
08-23-2018, 10:10 AM
I can only speak in my own case but I quite like having them early and I quite like having them unlocked without paying 60,000 steel, the steel I have, currently around 25,000, I can use to get executions and outfits, on top of that I would need to buy steel that would cost not much less than the dlc in order to get all four (I have ocd, I need them all unlocked), for all the heroes, buying 60,000 steel as opposed to earning it in game would certainly cost more (with in game earning still being an option) before you count outfits and game modes.

The problem here, I think, is that in-game pricing are too high. So, you'll pay real money for DLC heroes, and then you will grind for mythical armor, effects, emotes and execution. For Honor is a first game that always want your steel for customization. I have to pay steel every time I want to change the look of my gear. Why? It's all remind me GTA V, when game looking for any chance to take in-game money from you, cause if you could save it up, Ubi will lose a chance to sell a lot of steel packs after new executions release or new limited events stuff.
The problem here is not in price of MF expansion, but that For Honor now feel like classic free-to-play game like Fortnite, but still want you to pay for something. Like Arcade mode, that definitely shouldn't be under the paywall.
You need to buy Champion Status to tone down grinding in leveling your char, so it's like boosters in free-to-play game. But boosters in AAA price game looks strange to me. Very strange.
All this is a problem. Ubi start to give away their game for free everywhere they can. And this means grind will be even harder, to force this "free" users to but steel packs.
I don't think old community should support this type of monetization, but who cares.

NinjaRonin85
08-23-2018, 10:56 AM
Wow ubisoft, you messed up the balance on most heroes, rather than get all the reworks done asap, you waste time on a pve mode that you want us to pay for, all while saying sorry the steel you wasted on gear is gone. I'm not paying you for a pve mode, I want better balanced pvp modes, I can't beleave how much you take the piss. £25 for a pve mode no thanks I'd rather wait to play the new heroes for free and stick to pvp modes or wait an extra 10 days pay an extra £35 and get rdr2.

HazelrahFirefly
08-23-2018, 12:22 PM
Still waiting for these thieves from Ubisoft to explain to me how they can just steal over 120 000 of steel from me by removing gear stats without offering fair compensation? And yet they dare to charge so much for new heroes and new mode.

I've been thinking about this since I read a post of yours and yeah... I've probably spent 70k+ steel on gear customization. It quite literally could 100% go to waste, even if you accept the perk system - what if you get all crappy perks on your gear?

I only want to play the JJ and Nuxia, and dont care about the PvE mode unless it ends up having emmensely good rewards like exclusive new armor. I have almost 130k steel saved up right now, so I'll just pay 30k for the two Wu Lin I want and that's that.

Devils-_-legacy
08-23-2018, 01:18 PM
Is it true the arcade mode gives you loot like ranked

http://d1vr6n66ssr06c.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/forhonor4.jpg

Soldier_of_Dawn
08-23-2018, 02:35 PM
I ordered the expansion to support the devs and ensure that I get the full experience but It would be nice if they added further value. I suggested the following pre-order bonuses on a separate thread:

1) 100,000 steel

2) 3 months of Champion Status

3) 20 loot crates

SpaceJim12
08-23-2018, 02:52 PM
I ordered the expansion to support the devs and ensure that I get the full experience but It would be nice if they added further value.

Full experience of what? Wu Lin will be fre for all. Arcade mode? Well, from the trailer looks like simple brawl with bots and some special conditions.
You still have to invest from 15 to 40k steel into every char of Wu Lin. You still need to grind to 8 rep to simple cusmomize visuals for this characters safety. And you will need Champion status to help you with this.
So still "full experience" locked behind a lot of steel.

Maxime_Qc-
08-23-2018, 03:23 PM
Ok ... i never had any trouble paying money for the games i like...

In fact i paid for honor gold edition 130$ in the store (preorder ..im in canada.. it cost a bit more here because you know .. $ not tye same values... whatever)

So 130 for the game plus first season pass

And 3 times i buy for 25$ of steel

And WILL buy the next dlc for 40 $

Like i said.. got bo problem to pay for the things i like... abd to encourage the devs to go fuway further on in this ganes developement ....

But now i read that EVEN IF I PAY ... i still have to PAY AGAIN with in game currency ....to get the new character...

What the... really?!?!

SpaceJim12
08-23-2018, 03:27 PM
But now i read that EVEN IF I PAY ... i still have to PAY AGAIN with in game currency ....to get the new character...

No, you are not. You will take all 4 for free.
But if you want to buy myphical armor, executions, emotes etc for them, you will pay steel.

Maxime_Qc-
08-23-2018, 03:35 PM
Yeah ... after i read carefully this thread i don't think anymore that i will buy the dlc

Should have been a season pass !!!

Just like the first one.

. that unlock all new heroes for no more steels considering that we allready paid REAL MONEY and all the steel we will need to customized them.. and all what we lose on our other heroes .. all the gear that will need to be changed again...

And have a 3 month champion status...

Maxime_Qc-
08-23-2018, 03:38 PM
They don't seem to realise that the new game mode should have just been a patch and also have been there a long time ago...

Aint paying for this at all...they allready sell us the game a years ago with the idea of that we where gonna play siege

The gameas it is today is so not what they showed us 2 years ago...

only interesting thing that is worth paying is new character... a whole New GAMEPLAY..

David_gorda
08-23-2018, 03:42 PM
Why would i pay for new content when the the fundemental combat system still in beta after more then a year and Class balance is crap and we have extremly poorly developed light spam meta on console? Nope i wont give ubisoft a single cent more gor this Game or any other developed by this Joke Of a company.

HazelrahFirefly
08-23-2018, 03:48 PM
I ordered the expansion to support the devs and ensure that I get the full experience but It would be nice if they added further value. I suggested the following pre-order bonuses on a separate thread:

1) 100,000 steel

2) 3 months of Champion Status

3) 20 loot crates

Haha, I might actually bite if that was the pre-order bonus.

NHLGoldenKnight
08-23-2018, 06:38 PM
I've been thinking about this since I read a post of yours and yeah... I've probably spent 70k+ steel on gear customization. It quite literally could 100% go to waste, even if you accept the perk system - what if you get all crappy perks on your gear?

I only want to play the JJ and Nuxia, and dont care about the PvE mode unless it ends up having emmensely good rewards like exclusive new armor. I have almost 130k steel saved up right now, so I'll just pay 30k for the two Wu Lin I want and that's that.

Well, I am definitely not buying anything from them with real money. Where is a guarantee that they won't just remove the contents 1 year from now?

By my estimate, I did spend around 120k to customize heroes and multiple loadouts exactly as I want them to look and feel in combat. So after 700 hours of grind and 120 000 steel, some cocky developer decided just to $hit on everything I have invested in this game? How about I come to his doorstep and take away some of his stuff, would he like that?

They are nothing but bunch of bloodsucking thieves and cowards hiding behind their little screens. Why don't they adress the community and offer some kind of compensation? No, they are being quiet like usual when something is wrong. Never again I am buying another game from Ubisoft, I don't have a lifetime to grind in virtual world, and real money is obviously waste of time since they don't respect that and gladly will steal your money and ask for more. Pathetic.

DefiledDragon
08-23-2018, 06:49 PM

Really, what they should do when the perk system drops is let you choose which perks you want on your already maxed out gear, but I don't think it will work like that somehow.

NHLGoldenKnight
08-23-2018, 07:02 PM
Well, even if it works like that for already equipped gear, what about all other upgraded armor sets and weapons I am keeping in my inventory? They are worth nothing now yet much steel was invested into having everything I want, not just looks, but function wise as well.

Also, will it work for multiple loadouts, since I tend to have every hero in 3 different play styles?

It is just a their greedy and shady business tactics, nothing more. They are giving game for free which will , short term at least, attract bunch of new players who will start buying steel. After a month or so, they will replace gear stats which means that even if new players don't stay, old ones will need bunch of steel again. They are making sure to have revenue stream covered.

Because if gear stats are going away and Ubisoft is ethical company that doesn't want to suck us dry, why do they still charge for gear upgrades if they will take them away in a month or so? Why?

DefiledDragon
08-23-2018, 07:32 PM
Well, even if it works like that for already equipped gear, what about all other upgraded armor sets and weapons I am keeping in my inventory? They are worth nothing now yet much steel was invested into having everything I want, not just looks, but function wise as well.

Also, will it work for multiple loadouts, since I tend to have every hero in 3 different play styles?

It is just a their greedy and shady business tactics, nothing more. They are giving game for free which will , short term at least, attract bunch of new players who will start buying steel. After a month or so, they will replace gear stats which means that even if new players don't stay, old ones will need bunch of steel again. They are making sure to have revenue stream covered.

Because if gear stats are going away and Ubisoft is ethical company that doesn't want to suck us dry, why do they still charge for gear upgrades if they will take them away in a month or so? Why?

Yeah I have to admit, I'm not particularly enthusiastic about the new perk system. I haven't invested as much steel into my builds as you but even on principle it's difficult to argue that it's not a ****ty thing to do to just completely change the way gear works when some players have no doubt invested considerable amounts of real money into their gear sets. I'm also worried about how the perks will affect balance, given the already dire track record of the designers in this regard.

Ultimately it's just a matter of wait and see but it's a poor move by Ubisoft imo.

bannex19
08-23-2018, 08:27 PM
Im in. I love this game and this expansion is already better than all of destiny 2s efforts combined.

Seriously $30 isn't terrible especially considering how well they've continued to update and add content.

Im not sucking up to ubi, i am just realistic with what games from AAA developers cost nowadays and i have yet to see a dev so dedicated to fixing "broken" games as i have ubi.

HazelrahFirefly
08-23-2018, 09:05 PM
Im in. I love this game and this expansion is already better than all of destiny 2s efforts combined.

Seriously $30 isn't terrible especially considering how well they've continued to update and add content.

Im not sucking up to ubi, i am just realistic with what games from AAA developers cost nowadays and i have yet to see a dev so dedicated to fixing "broken" games as i have ubi.

It's completely cool if someone is willing to buy the dlc and is fine with the perk replacement. Your money your business, I say. I would be making the purchase as well if I wanted to play all four Wu Lin and had an interested in the new mode.

What I dont like are certain other people on this board saying that others shouldn't be upset.

bannex19
08-23-2018, 09:16 PM
Im not saying you should or shouldn't be upset, it's your money.

I just wish they'd spend a little more time with effect graphics. The new limited time effect looks like an intern made it.

DefiledDragon
08-23-2018, 09:25 PM
Im not saying you should or shouldn't be upset, it's your money.

I just wish they'd spend a little more time with effect graphics. The new limited time effect looks like an intern made it.

I LOL'd at the "available for a limited time" effect that costs 10,000 steel. They couldn't make the cash grab any more obvious at this point.

RealJayDee1984
08-23-2018, 10:07 PM
Despite the problems I might have with the game I've played it a whole lot, and I never spent a single additional buck after release day. Definitely considered buying another season pass like the first should they make one.

With the DLC we're getting though... not so sure. Big part of the problem (but not the only one) is the complete lack of appeal the new "faction" has to me so far. Maybe the completionist in me will make me get the heroes, but it's far from a given.

Arekonator
08-23-2018, 10:10 PM
I LOL'd at peoples spending habits.

First, complain about steel price tag. Then fork out real money anyway because you cant live without cosmetic in a fighting game or want that +0.5% extra gear upgrade NOW instead bit later down the line.

If you dont like the bussines practices, then stop validating them with your wallet.

DefiledDragon
08-23-2018, 10:13 PM
I LOL'd at peoples spending habits.

First, complain about steel price tag. Then fork out real money anyway because you cant live without cosmetic in a fighting game or want that +0.5% extra gear upgrade NOW instead bit later down the line.

If you dont like the bussines practices, then stop validating them with your wallet.

Not sure who you're directing that at but I don't buy steel. I also got the game free with a graphics card. The only money I've spent on For Honor was the season pass which I got from GreenManGaming on sale for £15.

Arekonator
08-23-2018, 10:20 PM
Not sure who you're directing that at but I don't buy steel. I also got the game free with a graphics card. The only money I've spent on For Honor was the season pass which I got from GreenManGaming on sale for £15.

Not on anyone in particular. On all the people that complain about steel prices but then pay real money anyway because they think they have to!
You were just unlucky enough to be the last post before i written mine. For the record, i only paid the initial price and still somehow managed to get everything i wanted. I really dont get people that need to spend double the initial price of money worth in steel packs to acomplish the same thing unless they just NEED TO HAVE EVERYTHING!!!

DefiledDragon
08-23-2018, 10:53 PM
Not on anyone in particular. On all the people that complain about steel prices but then pay real money anyway because they think they have to!
You were just unlucky enough to be the last post before i written mine. For the record, i only paid the initial price and still somehow managed to get everything i wanted. I really dont get people that need to spend double the initial price of money worth in steel packs to acomplish the same thing unless they just NEED TO HAVE EVERYTHING!!!

I get that and it's true, but at the same time the steel price of the cosmetics (or new heroes if you haven't got the season pass) is ridiculous. True, you don't have to have them, they're just cosmetic (new heroes aside), but at the same time it's intellectually dishonest to say that just because you don't HAVE to have these things that it's OK for publishers to charge ridiculous amounts for them. People like to have stuff, especially in video games. One of the major draws of many games is the loot. Cosmetic loot and emotes etc... allow people to express themselves and human beings have an innate desire to express themselves and their personality. Publishers know this, which is why they design their monetization systems around things like this. Human nature is what it is and publishers go out of their way to exploit it and when challenged offer up the same rhetoric every time "well you don't HAVE to have them".

I don't object to monetization for cosmetics but I do object to exploitation and ridiculous exchange rates. If you were to buy every emote/effect/execution in the game for every hero it would probably cost over £1,000 worth of Steel. Is it worth that? Objectively I mean. Is it fairly priced? Is it ****. It's disgusting is what it is.

But ultimately, yeah, it's all optional, but every publisher on the planet knows that humans are suckers for self expression.

guest-Nez6tBu0
08-23-2018, 10:53 PM
I bet all new heroes will be inferior to what we have now and I bet we will be forced to get them if want to play ranked. When we all finally buy them they nerf them

bannex19
08-23-2018, 11:03 PM
I get that and it's true, but at the same time the steel price of the cosmetics (or new heroes if you haven't got the season pass) is ridiculous. True, you don't have to have them, they're just cosmetic (new heroes aside), but at the same time it's intellectually dishonest to say that just because you don't HAVE to have these things that it's OK for publishers to charge ridiculous amounts for them. People like to have stuff, especially in video games. One of the major draws of many games is the loot. Cosmetic loot and emotes etc... allow people to express themselves and human beings have an innate desire to express themselves and their personality. Publishers know this, which is why they design their monetization systems around things like this. Human nature is what it is and publishers go out of their way to exploit it and when challenged offer up the same rhetoric every time "well you don't HAVE to have them".

I don't object to monetization for cosmetics but I do object to exploitation and ridiculous exchange rates. If you were to buy every emote/effect/execution in the game for every hero it would probably cost over £1,000 worth of Steel. Is it worth that? Objectively I mean. Is it fairly priced? Is it ****. It's disgusting is what it is.

But ultimately, yeah, it's all optional, but every publisher on the planet knows that humans are suckers for self expression.

Not defending microtransactions at all. I think they suck in general but if you say you're not upset about buying cosmetics and then are mad that there are so many cosmetics that it would cost over 1k seems kinda short sighted to me.

Is it the price you're mad it, is it the quantity? Do you expect a business to keep updating and spending money maintaining a product that no longer makes them money? I mean i get a good amount of steel from doing daily orders it's not like you can't farm steel in this game.

I wish people would take a step back for a min and think about what they're mad over. The cost to dress your virtual barbie?

Let's be honest the real shame with cosmetics in this game is the brutal grind to rep 60 on 1 hero... I'm a very active player(since beta) that plays daily and wow i would've had to exclusively play one hero in order to rep up by now. And I've always had champ status.

DefiledDragon
08-23-2018, 11:13 PM
Not defending microtransactions at all. I think they suck in general but if you say you're not upset about buying cosmetics and then are mad that there are so many cosmetics that it would cost over 1k seems kinda short sighted to me.

Is it the price you're mad it, is it the quantity? Do you expect a business to keep updating and spending money maintaining a product that no longer makes them money? I mean i get a good amount of steel from doing daily orders it's not like you can't farm steel in this game.

I wish people would take a step back for a min and think about what they're mad over. The cost to dress your virtual barbie?

Let's be honest the real shame with cosmetics in this game is the brutal grind to rep 60 on 1 hero... I'm a very active player(since beta) that plays daily and wow i would've had to exclusively play one hero in order to rep up by now. And I've always had champ status.

Well the way I look at it is this. Once the asset is built in a video game, that's it. You don't have to build another one every time you sell one, so with this in mind, is it better to sell something to ten people for a million pounds, or to a million people for ten pounds? Well, to the publisher it makes no odds, they get 10 million pounds either way, but to the customer it makes a world of difference. If they dropped the price of the cosmetics or the steel packs, they would make just as much money because more people would likely buy things, but all the time they would be looking at the sales figures and working out how much MORE money they could make if they upped the prices. It's just greed.

bannex19
08-23-2018, 11:36 PM
But you can get all the steel you want by playing the game dude...

Buying steel is a convenience, there is nothing but the dlc that is locked behind a rmt and u and i both know that it will be on sale 3 months after release...

CandleInTheDark
08-23-2018, 11:42 PM
Well the way I look at it is this. Once the asset is built in a video game, that's it. You don't have to build another one every time you sell one, so with this in mind, is it better to sell something to ten people for a million pounds, or to a million people for ten pounds? Well, to the publisher it makes no odds, they get 10 million pounds either way, but to the customer it makes a world of difference. If they dropped the price of the cosmetics or the steel packs, they would make just as much money because more people would likely buy things, but all the time they would be looking at the sales figures and working out how much MORE money they could make if they upped the prices. It's just greed.

Here is the thing I don't really get though, sure people can complain about the price, at the same time they can get it all in game also. I bought a mask outfit last week, put my total to less than 20,000, now granted I have grinded for the event stuff and because I wanted to finish repping up one of each class to 7 and fill their inventory with teal gear before October so I have maybe played twice as much as I might have but I am now sitting on 30,000, so more than 10,000 more than I had this time last week. Even without being on the grind (and before anyone says oh they have work, I have twelve hour night shifts three or four times a week) I make an average of 5k if I don't bother with contract orders.

Now sure I don't buy every shiny but I buy all the stuff I want and there is someone in my group sitting on 80,000 steel he doesn't know what to do with. Yes Ubi are going to get some microtransactions, especially with limited time stuff like the emote this week, and they are going to put out things like season passes and dlc, the game still needs to make a profit, but given the work they put into the game since day one, and I have been here since release and watched the Dens, I know how much they have improved, I am quite happy to throw money their way occasionally.

Then you get people saying but they have put money into builds and Ubisoft are taking it off them and still charging for upgrades (which by the by each pip in each gear piece will remain after the change). While I agree if possible it would be better to allow a choice in perks on the equipped gear, there is a whole lot being blown out of proportion right now, especially as I know for a fact that one can upgrade gear to full without spending a penny/cent/whatever of real money even with a day (or in my case night) job to go to because I did it.

NHLGoldenKnight
08-23-2018, 11:46 PM

I expect only one thing. That I keep things I have paid for. After 700 hours of grind and around 120k of steel ( which can be translated to real money), they just decided to basically take all away by assigning random perks on gear I already upgraded according to my needs. And they will directly damage most of 4v4 mode players without compensation?

On top of that, I will now have to grind more to replace gear that I need plus there are expenses for new heroes and they still dare to charge 30 US dollars for PvE mode?

As I said earlier, if their intentions are good, they would stop charging for gear uppgrades because they will remove them anyway. But they still ask for steel because they know that many casual players are not familiar with change in gear stats that is coming. So they are knowingly letting players waste their hard earned steel or worse, real money, for something that will be removed from the game?

Just a bunch of used car salesmen, nothing more. Thieves. ( no offense to actual car salesmen)

bannex19
08-24-2018, 12:02 AM
I hardly spent any steel on gear so I haven't paid attention to the stats change but i can see why somebody would be upset about that for sure. That's kinda crappy of them.

Roseguard_Cpt
08-24-2018, 12:39 AM
I remember my season pass costing $40 at GameStop, so to me $30 through the PS Store doesn't seem that bad.

DefiledDragon
08-24-2018, 12:58 AM
But you can get all the steel you want by playing the game dude...

Buying steel is a convenience, there is nothing but the dlc that is locked behind a rmt and u and i both know that it will be on sale 3 months after release...

You can get around 900 steel a day from daily orders and around an extra 1500 a week from contract orders, so that's 2400 steel a week if you commit around 10 - 30 minutes a day for dailies and maybe a few hours a week for contract orders. So that's two weeks of grinding steel to buy a cheap execution. If you want to buy a DLC char for 15000 steel that's 6 weeks of grinding steel. A month and a half of grinding to buy one character. If you wanted to buy all the emote's for your main and all the executions it's around 50,000 steel (off the top of my head, could be more). That's 20 weeks of grinding just for one character. That's nearly half a year.

There's a reason they make it take so long and that reason is money for steel, simple as.

DefiledDragon
08-24-2018, 01:05 AM
Here is the thing I don't really get though, sure people can complain about the price, at the same time they can get it all in game also. I bought a mask outfit last week, put my total to less than 20,000, now granted I have grinded for the event stuff and because I wanted to finish repping up one of each class to 7 and fill their inventory with teal gear before October so I have maybe played twice as much as I might have but I am now sitting on 30,000, so more than 10,000 more than I had this time last week. Even without being on the grind (and before anyone says oh they have work, I have twelve hour night shifts three or four times a week) I make an average of 5k if I don't bother with contract orders.

Now sure I don't buy every shiny but I buy all the stuff I want and there is someone in my group sitting on 80,000 steel he doesn't know what to do with. Yes Ubi are going to get some microtransactions, especially with limited time stuff like the emote this week, and they are going to put put things like season passes and dlc, the game still needs to make a profit, but given the work they put into the game since day one, and I have been here since release and watched the Dens, I know how much they have improved, I am quite happy to throw money their way occasionally.

Then you get people saying but they have put money into builds and Ubisoft are taking it off them and still charging for upgrades (which by the by each pip in each gear piece will remain after the change). While I agree if possible it would be better to allow a choice in perks on the equipped gear, there is a whole lot being blown out of proportion right now, especially as I know for a fact that one can upgrade gear to full without spending a penny/cent/whatever of real money even with a day (or in my case night) job to go to because I did it.

There will always come a point where you get all your characters (the ones that you're interested enough in to customise at least) to the point where you want them to be and then steel will just accumulate until you're sitting on a mountain of it, but it's still a grind to obtain it in game in any significant amount. Your friend with 80,000 steel could easily get rid of that just buy buying an execution for every character.

Like I said before, I'm not against monetization of cosmetics as such, especially when the devs are always providing new ones. These things take work to create and that's fair enough. They only have to be made once though. There's no material cost involved in producing them en mass. Once you have one, you have an infinite supply, so why the sky high prices in real cash terms? It's just greed, pure an simple.

But, it's a free market economy and the market sets the prices and that's how it should be but publishers need to be careful about how hard they squeeze their customers for cash. Loyalty will only go so far. Ask EA in 5 years time, if they're still around to ask.

Devils-_-legacy
08-24-2018, 01:19 AM
You can get around 900 steel a day from daily orders and around an extra 1500 a week from contract orders, so that's 2400 steel a week if you commit around 10 - 30 minutes a day for dailies and maybe a few hours a week for contract orders. So that's two weeks of grinding steel to buy a cheap execution. If you want to buy a DLC char for 15000 steel that's 6 weeks of grinding steel. A month and a half of grinding to buy one character. If you wanted to buy all the emote's for your main and all the executions it's around 50,000 steel (off the top of my head, could be more). That's 20 weeks of grinding just for one character. That's nearly half a year.

There's a reason they make it take so long and that reason is money for steel, simple as.

I dont agree compared to s1 it's much better imo
daily orders are 800 steel so a week alone it's 5600 plus contract orders I think theres about 3- 4 lots a week for about 1k so all together that's enough for an execution at 8600 and I'm not including from playing PvP games like dominion were each game are 50 steel. i can't see how it could take anyone 1 month to get a DLC if there doing daily and contract orders. I also don't think they intended anyone buying everything for there main the amount of outfits emote's ornaments executions effects wouldn't be worth the steel with only 3 load out slots.

CandleInTheDark
08-24-2018, 01:25 AM
There will always come a point where you get all your characters (the ones that you're interested enough in to customise at least) to the point where you want them to be and then steel will just accumulate until you're sitting on a mountain of it, but it's still a grind to obtain it in game in any significant amount. Your friend with 80,000 steel could easily get rid of that just buy buying an execution for every character.

Like I said before, I'm not against monetization of cosmetics as such, especially when the devs are always providing new ones. These things take work to create and that's fair enough. They only have to be made once though. There's no material cost involved in producing them en mass. Once you have one, you have an infinite supply, so why the sky high prices in real cash terms? It's just greed, pure an simple.

But, it's a free market economy and the market sets the prices and that's how it should be but publishers need to be careful about how hard they squeeze their customers for cash. Loyalty will only go so far. Ask EA in 5 years time, if they're still around to ask.

Honestly I don't feel it is that much of a grind but then I play a fair bit, maybe some people only do half an hour a day, that's on them, I tend to get an hour before work and two to three if I am off it and I reach about 5k before I do contract orders. I would say there is more to the process than you seem to think though, sure they have the outfit templates but even battle outfits, once you have arranged everything, have to fit eighteen characters (soon twenty two) all with different shapes and sizes. With elite outfits they also have to create ornaments, usually one per faction. Up to mythic outfits and you have the outfit, the ornament and an effect that needs to fit idle, work with every emote and work in synch with every execution. Mask outfits all that and then add a mask effect that fires with the regular effect. So the art guy who does the basic stuff and the people who do the animations, what pays their wages?

Then let's look at the executions, from what we have seen in videos you need at least two action guys with mocap, you need whoever runs the mocap, you need the guys who do the sounds with physical props, you need the person who puts the efforts of the two mocap guys together, that same person also then has to make sure every execution works against every character.

Characters, which take nine months of work from concept to completion, again, mocap, sound, animators, by the way those outfits now need to work for them same as the effects to their executions.

Then the stuff we don't pay for but takes a lot of work like game modes in breach and tribute or new maps. Then things like the community reps here on the forum or Eric over on reddit and Fred that runs the chat on twitch. People who run the network side of things, servers, probably a load I missed.

So again the fact that they keep on putting out this kind of stuff, personally I don't need to buy steel for cosmetics, my way of supporting the company is getting a year worth of champion status (buying the steel that entails) for the loot and xp and anything that is early access to characters but I am more than happy to do that while earning my regular steel spends for upgrades and cosmetics in game. I honestly don't think Ubisoft is in any way comparable to EA, I have played EA multiplayer and as soon as the first new maps or the new game mode comes in, people who pay nothing can't play with people who buy the DLC or season passes any more, that's one reason among quite a few Ubisoft's model, in this game at least, is leaps and bounds better.

DefiledDragon
08-24-2018, 01:57 AM
I dont agree compared to s1 it's much better imo
daily orders are 800 steel so a week alone it's 5600 plus contract orders I think theres about 3- 4 lots a week for about 1k so all together that's enough for an execution at 8600 and I'm not including from playing PvP games like dominion were each game are 50 steel. i can't see how it could take anyone 1 month to get a DLC if there doing daily and contract orders. I also don't think they intended anyone buying everything for there main the amount of outfits emote's ornaments executions effects wouldn't be worth the steel with only 3 load out slots.

Yeah my maths was off, I was counting dailies as weeklies :)

DefiledDragon
08-24-2018, 02:03 AM
Honestly I don't feel it is that much of a grind but then I play a fair bit, maybe some people only do half an hour a day, that's on them, I tend to get an hour before work and two to three if I am off it and I reach about 5k before I do contract orders. I would say there is more to the process than you seem to think though, sure they have the outfit templates but even battle outfits, once you have arranged everything, have to fit eighteen characters (soon twenty two) all with different shapes and sizes. With elite outfits they also have to create ornaments, usually one per faction. Up to mythic outfits and you have the outfit, the ornament and an effect that needs to fit idle, work with every emote and work in synch with every execution. Mask outfits all that and then add a mask effect that fires with the regular effect. So the art guy who does the basic stuff and the people who do the animations, what pays their wages?

Then let's look at the executions, from what we have seen in videos you need at least two action guys with mocap, you need whoever runs the mocap, you need the guys who do the sounds with physical props, you need the person who puts the efforts of the two mocap guys together, that same person also then has to make sure every execution works against every character.

Characters, which take nine months of work from concept to completion, again, mocap, sound, animators, by the way those outfits now need to work for them same as the effects to their executions.

Then the stuff we don't pay for but takes a lot of work like game modes in breach and tribute or new maps. Then things like the community reps here on the forum or Eric over on reddit and Fred that runs the chat on twitch. People who run the network side of things, servers, probably a load I missed.

So again the fact that they keep on putting out this kind of stuff, personally I don't need to buy steel for cosmetics, my way of supporting the company is getting a year worth of champion status (buying the steel that entails) for the loot and xp and anything that is early access to characters but I am more than happy to do that while earning my regular steel spends for upgrades and cosmetics in game. I honestly don't think Ubisoft is in any way comparable to EA, I have played EA multiplayer and as soon as the first new maps or the new game mode comes in, people who pay nothing can't play with people who buy the DLC or season passes any more, that's one reason among quite a few Ubisoft's model, in this game at least, is leaps and bounds better.

Yeah I know a lot of work goes into making this stuff, I'm not saying it doesn't, but it's not like selling cars where every car has to be built. You build an execution once, you sell it as many times as you like. Also, I wasn't comparing Ubisoft to EA and as I've already said in another thread somewhere, they don't deserve any kind of comparison to EA, but I was holding EA up as an example of a company that is starting to reap the rewards of treating it's customers like cash cows and idiots and things are not going well for them right now.

I pay a sub to SWTOR, it costs me £8 a month, so £96 a year. For that I get everything. Access to every expansion they make (and they're huge with fully voiced storylines that take tens of hours to complete) and I get free premium currency (currency that f2p players have to buy with cash). 150,000 steel costs £83. That wouldn't even buy every emote, effect and execution for two characters.

Let me put it another way. If the game was released and everything that is currently in the game was unlocked, every execution, every emote, every effect but the game cost £1,000, would you consider it value for money?

HazelrahFirefly
08-24-2018, 02:15 AM
I dont think anyone is talking about any rl money being spent. We're talking about the likely odds that any steel spent into gear was wasted. It's our time that was taken, for possibly no result, on steel that could have been spent elsewhere, or better yet saved to acquire the perks we want on the gear we want.

The moment I found out about perks I haven't scrapped a single piece of gear (until a hero hit 60) and haven't changed the look of any piece. Any amount of time and steel that was spent acquiring great is flushed down the toilet... aside from having it visually ready to spend steel toward changing to.

DefiledDragon
08-24-2018, 02:32 AM
I dont think anyone is talking about any rl money being spent. We're talking about the likely odds that any steel spent into gear was wasted. It's our time that was taken, for possibly no result, on steel that could have been spent elsewhere, or better yet saved to acquire the perks we want on the gear we want.

The moment I found out about perks I haven't scrapped a single piece of gear (until a hero hit 60) and haven't changed the look of any piece. Any amount of time and steel that was spent acquiring great is flushed down the toilet... aside from having it visually ready to spend steel toward changing to.

Yeah you're right, I kinda derailed there, apologies everyone. Yeah it sucks that people stand to potentially lose a huge investment in time and/or money. All we can do is hope that they do it in as fair a way as possible although it's difficult to see how. Maybe if they made gear upgrades and appearance changes free for any existing kit that you have it would at least allow players to configure what they have now without the need to spend additional steel/salvage.

SpaceJim12
08-24-2018, 10:19 AM
Well, for everyone, who think there is no grind in For Honor.

I'm not against paying money to company who did a good work and keep on supporting a game. I don't think Ubi will "steal our steel" by changing a gear system. No, my point are way more simpler. When I paid money for AAA game, I want to play with comfort. I don't want to stumble upon limitations in every aspect of the game.
I don't mind paid money for DLC or expansions. Cause, let's be honest, devs need support almost every year of game lifetime. It's ok now.
So, let's look at healthy way of microtransaction in For Honor.
Made a game with enogh of content and sell standart edition, season pass or somekind of delux version. In this version there is no boosters for xp, no in-game currency. All content you could get from different events, different quests (orders), get on battlefield. Then you have DLC character which have their expansion with, let's say exclusive execution. Everyone could play this char, but you could get and apply visual customization ONLY you have expansion. So no steel, no grind for it, grind for char lvl to apply visuals or even feel ok against geared chars. No grind at all, and bunch of activities. Some ornamets, patterns and symbols should be reward for some achivments. Still you have cool emotes and effects locked by level of char, to make leveling more profitable.
And every year you buy new big DLC with new armor sets (which made you want to buy DLC chars to customize their visuals), new weapons, new maps etc.

Now let's look at what happend with For Honor monetization in real life.
As every grindy free-to-play game, For Honor makes you feel that everything are free. But everything behind a big in-game currency wall. Every character behind a lot of grind for rep 7 at least. And only way to make this process easier is to buy boosters (champion status). And every outfit, every gear modification, everystep in the game require some amount of steel. Sure we could say that all the cosmetics etc are useless and nobody forced you to buy them. But this is a game content. And let's be honest (again) visuls now is a huge part of this content. And it' all behind steel pay wall.
When AAA game which considered as successful, give away free almost on every corner is not good, no matter how you feel about that. I can bet we will see more free-to-play monetization and more content behind paywall next year. Just wait for it.
And about supporting the devs. For Honor do not feel like game that involving 350 people in development. Yes, art team made a great job. But I doubt it's more than 50 people inside the team. And from technical side For Honor don't look like 300 people works on it. So...support what?
The thing we see now is a pure greed. Devs just try to make money from the game any way they can.

Devils-_-legacy
08-24-2018, 10:38 AM
What lolYou paid for the game tho not cosmetics like outfits everything that the game releases is free or can be unlocked through steel like maps new heros ect the only thing I can say is a bit greedy is the expansion pack that cost the same as last year season pass other then that that not really greedy they do alot of free content and the size of devs team is probably bigger then you expected as ubisoft Montreal ubisoft quebec ubisoft Toronto and blue byte have all worked on the development

SpaceJim12
08-24-2018, 11:08 AM
What lolYou paid for the game tho not cosmetics like outfits everything that the game releases is free or can be unlocked through steel like maps new heros ect the only thing I can say is a bit greedy is the expansion pack that cost the same as last year season pass other then that that not really greedy they do alot of free content and the size of devs team is probably bigger then you expected as ubisoft Montreal ubisoft quebec ubisoft Toronto and blue byte have all worked on the development

Remove all cosmetics from For Honor and let's see what left.=) You bought game, which is all content in it. Not a gameplay itself. Well, yes, we have game which sell you pure gameplay without a lot of features. It's called early-access.
And team are 350 people. Devs said it on one of the Dens.

Devils-_-legacy
08-24-2018, 11:21 AM
You still have a game lol. I don't get this argument the cosmetics don't make the game play any better and the devs have stated before they didnt expect people to try unlock everything. The cosmetics just gives you more customization options which for honor isn't on its own with it locked behind purchases either rlc/igc then through progression at least you can buy them with in game currency. I'm not even going to go in depth with the early access comment as I would of said that's true before we got servers but not now imo. I was more on about your comment on for honor doesn't look like it has a development team of 50 I just named the studios that are credited with the development

HazelrahFirefly
08-24-2018, 12:15 PM
Yeah you're right, I kinda derailed there, apologies everyone. Yeah it sucks that people stand to potentially lose a huge investment in time and/or money. All we can do is hope that they do it in as fair a way as possible although it's difficult to see how. Maybe if they made gear upgrades and appearance changes free for any existing kit that you have it would at least allow players to configure what they have now without the need to spend additional steel/salvage.

That would actually be a great way to appease. Though, I dont feel as if the equipped would quite cover it. Each hero should get one free visual swap per slot with the update, so long as they have any gear for that slot. Our equipped stuff might have crappy perks (a.k.a. perks that dont fit our playstyle).

SpaceJim12
08-24-2018, 01:56 PM
You still have a game lol. I don't get this argument the cosmetics don't make the game play any better and the devs have stated before they didnt expect people to try unlock everything. The cosmetics just gives you more customization options which for honor isn't on its own with it locked behind purchases either rlc/igc then through progression at least you can buy them with in game currency. I'm not even going to go in depth with the early access comment as I would of said that's true before we got servers but not now imo. I was more on about your comment on for honor doesn't look like it has a development team of 50 I just named the studios that are credited with the development

Sure it's not look like early-access now. I think you just didn't get my point. It's ok.
My point is, that AAA games lock visual and none gameplay content behind a lot of game activities. Achivments, char levels, play different gamemodes or ranked.
Free-to-play games lock it behind in-game currency, to make sure that people always will spend it and sometimes have need to but pack of it for real money.
For Honor use the second way. And still offers you paywall content like Arcade mode.

Devils-_-legacy
08-24-2018, 03:11 PM
I got your point I just didn't agree with it

Kaijudub
08-24-2018, 03:26 PM
As someone that has no interest in the new faction, other than how they look with their heads removed, I have to say I'm massively disappointed with the DLC price. I was so excited when i first heard about it too.

Essentially i'd be paying £30 for a game mode that should be included for free, so for that reason I'm out.

Also ultra sneaky of UBI to announce all the pricing stuff on a pre recorded stream where there didn't have to respond to chat going ape****. It's actions like this that really makes it hard to trust the gaming industry currently.

#feelstricked

SpaceJim12
08-24-2018, 04:37 PM
I got your point I just didn't agree with it

Well, I have all my arguments above.
I have enough time with free-to-play MMORPG/MOBA/FPS games and AAA games at the same time. And I have some expierence in game design to make my conclusions about monetization system in games.
And believe me, couple more free give away, and Ubi will make even more paywall in For Honor. We don't have the information, but some of my observations makes me think, that For Honor is a big hole in a pocket. Budgets must be huge and revenue are not so great. They know they have unique game, no way to run for some people. And they have broken PvP. So, it's a greedy trick to make reasonable PvE mode a pay-to-play content.
Price of expansion is not a reason after all. but ways they try to make money on For Honor are all dirty.

RLTygurr
08-24-2018, 04:38 PM
I am slightly upset that the Wu Lin faction won't be participating in the faction war. Regardless of how little a majority of the playerbase really thinks about the faction war, I think having a rogue faction that's unaffiliated with what's been going on just going around terrorizing everyone in an effort to expand an empire would be an awesome idea

A lot of people think the arcade mode will be boring/not interesting, but I see a lot of POTENTIAL in the mode. This provides the devs with a platform for creating new and unique challenges that can spice up the way the game is played and experienced. Think about it, they could make "encounters" with a variety of tough opponents with special challenges to overcome.

Examples:

1. You're a Viking who was captured by the Knights faction and are forced to fight in the arena against opponents ranging from rabid wolves that give debuffs to incredibly powerful generals. You win so much that you are sentenced to execution but you escape from your captors and slaughter them, all the way up to the lord of the Knights who commanded the army who captured you. Along the way, you burn and slaughter the soldiers in the castle who dared to stand against you.

2. You're the commander of an army of Japanese soldiers attacking a Viking village. Using 8 different signal horns that are in front of you in the beginning, you order your troops around in order to seize the village. After awhile, the Viking elites come out and surprise you with a sneak attack to your flank, where only you and your few trusted bodyguards need to hold the line against the ambush. Turns out, the leader of the village was ready for you and had traps set in your flank. As you hold the line against the rear ambush, you are bombarded by firebombs from both sides and have to push either into the village or against the ambush.

Situations like these can add a more story-esque element to the mode that I think would add a lot of replay value, especially if you can choose from multiple difficulties that make the challenge significantly more difficult. I think that would be an amazing addition to this game and would add huge value to it, since currently the story mode is really the only story related content the game has (aside from the new training mode, which only sort of counts).

Thoughts?

Gastgrinder
08-24-2018, 04:42 PM
Did not Damien say that all DLC, maps and modes will be free?

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-12-14-all-for-honor-dlc-maps-and-modes-will-be-free

and now I am to pay for arcade?

SpaceJim12
08-24-2018, 04:48 PM

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-12-14-all-for-honor-dlc-maps-and-modes-will-be-free

They don't want to split the community, but they have to.=)

RLTygurr
08-24-2018, 04:50 PM

The arcade mode has a bit of a catch. If you purchase it, any of your friends who DON'T own it can play with you in the multiplayer co-op of it.

However, if you don't buy it, you have to rely on someone else in order to experience it at all.

CandleInTheDark
08-24-2018, 05:28 PM

You might want to read your own link there, emphasis mine

"So everything that's matchmade [including] new modes and new maps, will be given for free to the players. We'll also have other free content. We are a big team supporting the game after launch."

As something that is purely PvAI with the ability to invite a friend (whether they have it or not) that doesn't apply in this case. They also specified matchmade when it came to them saying tribute and breach were free to every player.

Gastgrinder
08-24-2018, 06:29 PM
You might want to read your own link there, emphasis mine

"So everything that's matchmade [including] new modes and new maps, will be given for free to the players. We'll also have other free content. We are a big team supporting the game after launch."

As something that is purely PvAI with the ability to invite a friend (whether they have it or not) that doesn't apply in this case. They also specified matchmade when it came to them saying tribute and breach were free to every player.

He again...
http://up.picr.de/33648470ea.gif

DefiledDragon
08-25-2018, 08:00 AM
As someone that has no interest in the new faction, other than how they look with their heads removed

Made me lol

Hormly
08-25-2018, 01:13 PM
A shame too, arcade mode had my interest 😕

dragongod9000
08-26-2018, 02:48 AM
Personally, I don't think this expansion is worth the $30, I can just wait for it to drop and save my steel for orders and matches and just buy the new warriors like that. On the other hand, the game modes don't seem that interesting anyways, Dominion is already a pain in the ***. But I will say this, if i have some extra money on the side I might get, but other wise it's not worth it

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
08-26-2018, 11:35 AM
We all knew it was going to cost something. I've been saving up a crap ton for months to buy stuff when it finally arrives. I don't mind grinding. People make it sound like its work. I personally don't care about arcade mode and breach will probably be a flop. Mostly I just want to Main grandpa. I can get them all when they arrive but probably won't as they're are always characters I find repulsive like Highlander and aramusha to which I've never purchased.

NHLGoldenKnight
08-28-2018, 08:00 PM
I am not giving up. I want someone from Ubisoft to step up, show some ping pongs, and offer compensation plan for players who dumped a ton of steel on gear stats that are going to be useless very soon.

NinjaRonin85
08-29-2018, 12:00 AM
I think if we can buy steel for real money for in game stuff then we should be able to buy this arcade mode for steel in game as well. I'm rep 150 on ps4 had the season pass and everything wasted so much steel on gear, I just started playing on pc for free and omg 8k steel to unlock all the heroes again and 15k for dlc heroes is a real **** punch let alone buy all the gear, emotes and executions. I like pc more now than ps4 and it sucks that I have nothing again, I want to play both but I'm not buying the arcade mode for 1 because I will feel locked into playing on that platform only. We should have the option to pay real money or grind steel for arcade mode. Starting again on pc feels bad I already spent money once I can't do it again.

SpaceJim12
08-29-2018, 09:39 AM
I think if we can buy steel for real money for in game stuff then we should be able to buy this arcade mode for steel in game as well. I'm rep 150 on ps4 had the season pass and everything wasted so much steel on gear, I just started playing on pc for free and omg 8k steel to unlock all the heroes again and 15k for dlc heroes is a real **** punch let alone buy all the gear, emotes and executions. I like pc more now than ps4 and it sucks that I have nothing again, I want to play both but I'm not buying the arcade mode for 1 because I will feel locked into playing on that platform only. We should have the option to pay real money or grind steel for arcade mode. Starting again on pc feels bad I already spent money once I can't do it again.

Just wait until game will become free-to-play. Then you can buy anything for tons of steel. Wait a minute, it's already happening. O_O

NHLGoldenKnight
08-30-2018, 07:39 PM
Hey Ubisoft,

Since you are ignoring this topic, I have to ask again and I will continue to do so until I am satisfied with your answer.

How do you plan to compensate players for all the steel and real money wasted for gear and gear stats upgrade that will become pretty much obsolete very soon?

Why do you still keep charging steel for stat upgrades although it will be removed soon?

Come on, don't be bunch of cowardly thieves. Show some ping pongs , address the community and offer solution. Take responsibility, act as grown men.

HazelrahFirefly
08-30-2018, 07:42 PM
Hey Ubisoft,

Since you are ignoring this topic, I have to ask again and I will continue to do so until I am satisfied with your answer.

How do you plan to compensate players for all the steel and real money wasted for gear and gear stats upgrade that will become pretty much obsolete very soon?

Why do you still keep charging steel for stat upgrades although it will be removed soon?

Come on, don't be bunch of cowardly thieves. Show some ping pongs , address the community and offer solution. Take responsibility, act as grown men.

I can probably tell you why - because they can.

One of the three chumps I play with was talking about refining his gear the other night and quickly tries to explain to him not to spend another steel on gear until October 16th. Ya know what he replied? That he doesn't care.

Ubi can do all this without a thought because the majority aren't going to care or notice.

NHLGoldenKnight
08-30-2018, 08:07 PM
Well they all can until they can't. EA is learning that with the BF and NHL and I am pretty sure Ubi will get their lesson as well, they kinda already did with this game.

It is not about money itself but about principles. I don't like being screwed over, 1 dollar or 100, doesn't matter. And I can't stand when someone is hiding behind their "crimes". Step up, be a man. Admit that you ripping us off and there won't be any compensation and I would appreciate that more than what they are doing now-ignoring us. I can't stand cowards.

As for steel itself, I have 210 000. I really don't ***** and moan here because myself but I just can't stand what is going on.

GeneraISoIo
08-30-2018, 08:14 PM
$30 is a little steep to me. $20 sounds right to me. Either way though, I am most likely buying the DLC. I'm 50/50 on if I will regret it. Only time will tell. I would not have any issues if it was just slightly cheaper, since that seems like I am getting my moneys worth.

DefiledDragon
08-30-2018, 09:26 PM
$30 is a little steep to me. $20 sounds right to me. Either way though, I am most likely buying the DLC. I'm 50/50 on if I will regret it. Only time will tell. I would not have any issues if it was just slightly cheaper, since that seems like I am getting my moneys worth.

The DLC is really just Arcade mode. Breach is free and you can buy the new heroes for 15,000 steel each.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
08-30-2018, 09:50 PM
If it was twenty bucks I'd be more inclined to buy it even though I have the savings to buy all the characters. I don't care about arcade mode... I just would like to support ubi with for honor. I might buy the thirty anyways but that seems a little price gougey.

NHLGoldenKnight
08-30-2018, 10:08 PM
You already did support them by buying half finished game for 60 dollars. Isn't that enough?

I just got another free update for GT Sport with extra 6 or 7 cars and new track. For free. They messed up with their game and now they keep updating it for free. For Honor shouldn't be an exception.

DefiledDragon
08-30-2018, 10:45 PM
You already did support them by buying half finished game for 60 dollars. Isn't that enough?

I just got another free update for GT Sport with extra 6 or 7 cars and new track. For free. They messed up with their game and now they keep updating it for free. For Honor shouldn't be an exception.

No Man's Sky also springs to mind in that regard. There's a lot of content in For Honor, but it's locked behind a grindwall with a cash shop. I can't really complain because I got the game for free with a video card and it came with 25 loot crates and 60 days of champion status, but I did buy the DLC heroes for cash. Don't think I'll buy arcade mode though, but I'm hoping breach will be better than dominion. Kinda hoping it will save the game for me tbh.

NHLGoldenKnight
09-03-2018, 07:40 PM
Hey Ubiscam,

Any news on how much steel we can expect to get back as a compensation when you make all of my inventory pretty much useless after dumping tons of steel into it? What about players who spent real money as well?

Class lawsuits exist for games as well, just the other day, one of the mobile games had to compensate customers for $12.50 per customer. Just saying. ..

Devils-_-legacy
09-03-2018, 07:53 PM
Hey Ubiscam,

Any news on how much steel we can expect to get back as a compensation when you make all of my inventory pretty much useless after dumping tons of steel into it? What about players who spent real money as well?

Class lawsuits exist for games as well, just the other day, one of the mobile games had to compensate customers for $12.50 per customer. Just saying. ..

I'm guessing 0 steel speaking from experience when they last time they switched up stats a few people complained and got nowhere

The class action comment is laughable tho

NHLGoldenKnight
09-03-2018, 08:33 PM
Well, laughable because community is like that. Some other communities care more about their time and money and we do see game companies having to pay up what they owe. I guess, For Honor is exception at everything.

Devils-_-legacy
09-03-2018, 08:38 PM
Imo As all gear is loot able not a issue to me I've saved 60 pieces of gear per hero for when it drops they don't owe you? Your still getting an equal piece of gear just in a new system

NHLGoldenKnight
09-03-2018, 08:45 PM
How do you mean that? Because if I already have inventory with fully upgraded gear ( visual and stats) and that gear loses its stats, gets random perks , then I did lose a lot of steel. It doesn't matter that I can loot another piece of gear, I have to upgrade it to the max level and if applicable, I still have to change how it looks if it isn't one of the sets I want or need.

Devils-_-legacy
09-03-2018, 09:18 PM
How do you mean that? Because if I already have inventory with fully upgraded gear ( visual and stats) and that gear loses its stats, gets random perks , then I did lose a lot of steel. It doesn't matter that I can loot another piece of gear, I have to upgrade it to the max level and if applicable, I still have to change how it looks if it isn't one of the sets I want or need.

Stats are changing gear ratings are not if you have 180 now after I assume your getting 180 equivalent in the new system so you haven't lost anything other then a radom perk instead of preffered stat if they didn't give anyone notice then I could maybe agree but they gave you notice to hoard gear to get a good chance of getting a decent perk the same thing that happened with there last stat shake up

NHLGoldenKnight
09-03-2018, 09:35 PM
Well, that is all point. If I spend a lot of steel or even worse, real money, to get gear stats I want, and armor and weapon sets I want, random perk will make all of that useless expect for one equipped set which we can choose perks for.

Arekonator
09-03-2018, 09:50 PM
Good luck with your lawsuit, i guess.

NHLGoldenKnight
09-03-2018, 09:56 PM
Lol, no one said I am starting one. I just pointed out how it can work and gaming companies are not above the law.

DefiledDragon
09-03-2018, 10:09 PM
Lol, no one said I am starting one. I just pointed out how it can work and gaming companies are not above the law.

There will be something tucked away in the EULA somewhere I guarantee it. They think of everything.

NHLGoldenKnight
09-03-2018, 11:03 PM
There will be something tucked away in the EULA somewhere I guarantee it. They think of everything.

I know there is but that is still not a guarantee of avoiding liability. It would all depend on how much real money collectively was spent by players on gear upgrades. As I said earlier, for me it is not about steel because now I have around 215 000. It is about principles. Ubisoft is already getting some bad rep when it comes to Division 2 pay-to-win structure they are planning. Together with EA, they are representing everything that is wrong with gaming industry. Greedy thieves.

BoldAlphawolf
09-03-2018, 11:14 PM
Im glade the season pass only $30, some other multiplayer games season passes are the cost of a whole game, i didnt get the first season because i only play one hero, but this season pass is definitley worth it the pve mode will have exclusive cosmetic loot emotes and effects you can only get playing the arcade mode and special rewards and they are going to keep realeseing new content continuously for arcade, plus 4 new heros 30 bucks is super cheap. definitley worth $30

NHLGoldenKnight
09-03-2018, 11:27 PM
I don't know how much you value your money, but how in the world $30 for basically only one PvE mode can be cheap? That is how much some decent full games cost. You can get something like Yakuza 0 for 19.99 which is one of the best games I've ever played.

Also, when you look at how much content you get from some other games, completely free, this looks like a rip off. Those playing GT Sport or GTA Online know what I am talking about.

DefiledDragon
09-03-2018, 11:34 PM
I don't know how much you value your money, but how in the world $30 for basically only one PvE mode can be cheap? That is how much some decent full games cost. You can get something like Yakuza 0 for 19.99 which is one of the best games I've ever played.

Also, when you look at how much content you get from some other games, completely free, this looks like a rip off. Those playing GT Sport or GTA Online know what I am talking about.

I agree, the DLC is way overpriced for what we're getting, which is essentially Arcade Mode because Breach is free and the new heroes can be bought by grinding steel. Still, 4 new heroes @ 15k each = 60k steel. At £41.99 for 50k steel + 15k "free", the DLC is clearly priced so high because for people who don't want to grind the steel, the alternative is £41.99 for the steel to buy the heroes. That makes the DLC look like "good value" in the eyes of somebody who would happily buy steel anyway.

Call Ubi's marketing department what you like but they're certainly a crafty set of bastards.

NHLGoldenKnight
09-04-2018, 12:22 AM
50k steel costs 41.99?

DefiledDragon
09-04-2018, 12:32 AM
50k steel costs 41.99?

Well, you get 65k, but it says 50k + 15k "free", so yeah, 50k steel costs £41.99. 150k is £83.99 if I remember right from the store page. 100k + 50k "free". Ridiculous isn't it?

NHLGoldenKnight
09-04-2018, 01:14 AM
Yeah, I thought it was much less. Now I am even more sure that they are ripping us off intentionally. It is not same change we are talking about, collectively, probably tenths of thousands in real money.

DefiledDragon
09-04-2018, 01:33 AM
Yeah, I thought it was much less. Now I am even more sure that they are ripping us off intentionally. It is not same change we are talking about, collectively, probably tenths of thousands in real money.

I was lambasting the monetization practices in another thread and people were defending it. I was just scratching my head. It's like people actually want to be ripped off.

SpaceJim12
09-04-2018, 09:24 AM
I agree, the DLC is way overpriced for what we're getting, which is essentially Arcade Mode because Breach is free and the new heroes can be bought by grinding steel. Still, 4 new heroes @ 15k each = 60k steel. At £41.99 for 50k steel + 15k "free", the DLC is clearly priced so high because for people who don't want to grind the steel, the alternative is £41.99 for the steel to buy the heroes. That makes the DLC look like "good value" in the eyes of somebody who would happily buy steel anyway.

Here's the problem after all. Even if you pay money, you still need tons of steel to open content or even play with comfort. You grind, grind and grind again. Orders, matches rewards etc. You need 3r steel to change visuals of your char. Every time you want to change it, you need 3k steel. You get 50 for one game in Dominion. You need something around 9-10r steel to max your gear. You still get 50 for one game in Dominion. But you have orders, right? Right, but you have 7k steel executions, emotes, 15k steel recolors with effects and 20k masks. And you can't get it for some in-game activities. Only steel...
Well, maybe it's only me who think Ubi try to get any cent they can from broken game, that 350 people can't fix for year already.