PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Free Player Traders

stylisticsagi
08-21-2018, 05:51 PM
What if we could add an option do do some off map trading?

What if we can actually make those ships who you send to go off map, enter other players games as npc free traders and trade with players there?
It would create a much more "you are not alone" Feeling as well as showing off some ships (with costumizable appearances and special items perhaps?).

Adding more multiplayer to the game without actually affecting the current "match" to much is a plus i believe.

iruet
08-31-2018, 12:39 PM
How do you imagine this? Will players enter your offline gameworld to trade with you? And how would you suggest choosing which players your ships are going to?

stylisticsagi
09-01-2018, 10:12 AM
you would not choose anything. You will simply add a trade rout to a point off the map and buy/sell nearly anything. Your ship will be a fixed while away while doing this. At the same point your ship will be entering someone's game and sail around and make trades. It wouldn't even matter if it is not entirely accurate with how long the ships stays in the game or what goods would be traded.

Actually while thinking about this the idea might be to complex.
This idea could have worked alot better with the 2070 setting where you had your starter base and you could trade with the world from there with everyone but they didn't so.
Forget i've ever said anything XD the only cool part would be to see other players and colours into your game instead of a fixed number of npc traders.

To the bottomline i simply hope 1800 will bring trading to the next level in any way possible.
Anno is a very economic game and for an economic game trading has not been important enough as you usually only buy building materials and sell loads and loads of finished products for profit without ever buying some. This desire of me make me sometimes suggest less good ideas i'm sorry.

iruet
09-01-2018, 09:36 PM
Don't be sorry, I like the idea, but I just didn't understand how you would like to see it implemented in 1800

As said I like the idea of having other players where u can play with instead of NPC's, I do think there need to be chat too then, cozz I'd like to communicate with the other players and make the game interesting together :)

It would be an interesting expansion for a dlc, which is focussed on multiplayer and multiplayer trading solely so we have a good game + a good trade system :) Just an idea ;)