PDA

View Full Version : What is a good campaign to try and survive full-switch, no deaths?

cmorris975
08-23-2008, 08:00 PM
I have a 40 inch LCD + track IR that works pretty good for using cockpit gauges and spotting aircraft without icons in IL2. What would be a reasonable campaign to try and do with no deaths? I've done the Wake Island defense one but that is only 2 missions long hehe. What else would be reasonable you think?

cmorris975
08-23-2008, 08:00 PM
I have a 40 inch LCD + track IR that works pretty good for using cockpit gauges and spotting aircraft without icons in IL2. What would be a reasonable campaign to try and do with no deaths? I've done the Wake Island defense one but that is only 2 missions long hehe. What else would be reasonable you think?

Stingray333
08-23-2008, 08:35 PM
Get the "2 minutes 2 action" series of missions from Mission4Today. It contains about 60 missions for the F4U with 6 levels of difficulty (about 10 missions per difficulty level I believe). Start at the first one and see how far you get. There are a variety of air-to-air battles, ground target missions, naval target missions, defense against bombers, etc, and very fun. Best of all they come as co-op missions as well so you can have your pals join in the fun!

The missions are very well put together, and as their name suggests, from your take off to the start of the fight is typically 2 minutes or less, so flying on auto pilot for 10 minutes at 4x speed until you get there.

cmorris975
08-23-2008, 08:37 PM
Perfect, thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

Stingray333
08-23-2008, 08:38 PM
If you finish the full "obstacle course" in level 6, good for you.. I haven't beaten it (yet)

cmorris975
08-23-2008, 08:50 PM
Hmmm, that campaign doesn't come up on any easy searches... But looks like they have a ton of em there to try.

cmorris975
08-23-2008, 08:53 PM
Nevermind, saw it on the main page...

cmorris975
08-23-2008, 09:10 PM
Not sure how to install this, the directions say to unpack everything in directories that I do not have. Should I just create them?

Thanks.

Stingray333
08-23-2008, 09:40 PM
Installation should be straight forward, go to the directory

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946

and just copy the Missions Folder in the .rar to that directory, there should be an existing Missions folder and it will just merge in.

The single missions for offline play are in the Missions\Single\NN directory. The NN directory may not exist and you will then have to create it, but just dragging the "Missions" folder from the .rar into your 1946 directory should handle that.

Installation should be the same for the Missions/Net/Coop as well (again, just dragging the Missions folder to your 1946 directory should handle that)

Don't worry about the Buzzard Nest directory.

To play these, go to single missions and change the army to None, then they should be there.

unreasonable
08-23-2008, 11:35 PM
Why not try Lowengrin's DCG (dynamic campaign generator)? Then you can start anywhere you like, eg Barbarossa, and just keep on as the generator takes you from one map to another and see how far you can go before you get the chop!

Janus1980
08-24-2008, 09:17 AM
I downloaded an IL-2 campaign called " the Cauldron" made by someone called Phil_K (who i thank very much ) on Mission4Today website , i have to say it's really excellent , surely one of the best campaign i've ever played for ground attack role , good immersion/briefings and nice well thought and intense missions , i played 6 or 7 of them so far , it's great and better than what i could generate with Dgen or DCG (that i use for fighter campaigns but i prefer man made campaigns for ground attack)

crucislancer
08-24-2008, 09:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Janus1980:
I downloaded an IL-2 campaign called " the Cauldron" made by someone called Phil_K (who i thank very much ) on Mission4Today website , i have to say it's really excellent , surely one of the best campaign i've ever played for ground attack role , good immersion/briefings and nice well thought and intense missions , i played 6 or 7 of them so far , it's great and better than what i could generate with Dgen or DCG (that i use for fighter campaigns but i prefer man made campaigns for ground attack) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I highly recommend PhilK's campaigns. He's real big on immersion from the briefings to the mission details. He has a lot of different campaigns out there, check them out here: PhilK campaigns (http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=search&sa=576)

As far as the OPs request for a campaign to play on full-real until you fail, any one will do. I do it all the time with dynamic campaigns, but not with static, user-made campaigns.

Janus1980
08-24-2008, 09:44 PM
Thank you Crucis for the link , i didn't know PhilK had made other campaigns , i will download some right away , i'm eager to try them especially the pacific ones as i had stopped flying offline pacific Dgen campaigns as it bored me quickly since i had the impression that it was often the same mission repeating endlessly after some time , cheers mate http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

crucislancer
08-24-2008, 10:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Janus1980:
Thank you Crucis for the link , i didn't know PhilK had made other campaigns , i will download some right away , i'm eager to try them especially the pacific ones as i had stopped flying offline pacific Dgen campaigns as it bored me quickly since i had the impression that it was often the same mission repeating endlessly after some time , cheers mate http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My pleasure! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I highly recommend Hell in the Pacific: Peleliu and Guam for some fantastic PTO campaigns.