PDA

View Full Version : Think I've got it sussed.

DefiledDragon
08-21-2018, 04:10 AM
Low activity = 1 other player online in that mode
Medium activity = 2 other players online in that mode
High activity = 4 other players online in that mode
Very high activity = 5 other players online in that mode

I don't know what else can explain why I was matchmade with the same 5 other players 5 times in a row, despite rematchmaking after every game during a period of "very high activity". The same 5 players and 2 bots, every time. Either the activity indicator is bollocks, or the matchmaking engine can't recognise when you're trying to find another game, or possibly both.

Also, it would be nice to be able to specify certain parameters before matchmaking, like which map you would like to play on for example. I'm loving Infernal Dominion, I really am, but I'm sick of the sight of overwatch.

Velentix
08-21-2018, 04:35 AM
Lol this is so true. Happens to me all the time. honestly with how few players I actually play against, I feel like the MM should start on wide for everything just so we can get teamed up faster. that way I can save the obligatory ~2 min waiting to be matched and just play. This is with a green NAT too.

DefiledDragon
08-21-2018, 04:42 AM
Lol this is so true. Happens to me all the time. honestly with how few players I actually play against, I feel like the MM should start on wide for everything just so we can get teamed up faster. that way I can save the obligatory ~2 min waiting to be matched and just play. This is with a green NAT too.

I just sat for 2:41 before I got fed up and quit the game for the night. I might practice against bots, but it's ridiculous. Very high activity apparently and I can't get a game and when I do, 20% of the time I'm booted with a connection error and don't get my steel or XP. In fact, I bet if I calculated the value of steel into real money and worked out how much I've lost through D/C I reckon Ubisoft would owe me about 15. Hear that Ubi? I want some steel dammit.