PDA

View Full Version : Ugh still haven't found a main

KSI K9 HANDLER
08-20-2018, 11:23 PM
I have been leveling up a bunch of characters to at least their first prestige level to see if I like them or not and I still haven't found one that I like enough to invest all of my time on. Lol the one I like just for Aesthetics of what it is is the Highlander because I'm very much into Scottish history but I don't like how he plays, I like the shaman because I'm into Tomahawk and Dagger combat but I don't play her very well because I don't do anything with the bleeds as much as I should. Gladiator in Valkyrie play pretty much the same and I like them but I seem to just run out of stamina too fast the way I play, then of course there's the good old Warden but he seems kind of boring in comparison lol. Damn

DefiledDragon
08-20-2018, 11:31 PM
Warden is epic. I mean, just look at him/her. The way he/she just stands there with his/her hands on the hilt of his/her sword, casually looking round because he/she knows that if you look at him/her wrong he/she will just **** you up. That's why I main Warden. I'm also drawn to Lawbringer for similar reasons and plan to put some time into him. I also play Raider and Kensei a fair bit. Highlander is great too, as a character, as is Shugoki. Can't stand Shaman, she has no place in the game imo, she sails way too close to the fantasy genre with her eating people to heal ********. Orochi looks great too, but is pretty much useless unless your opponent comes out swinging.

So many cool characters to choose from.

**** Centurion.

Rockland02370
08-21-2018, 01:24 AM
Warden is epic. I mean, just look at him/her. The way he/she just stands there with his/her hands on the hilt of his/her sword, casually looking round because he/she knows that if you look at him/her wrong he/she will just **** you up. That's why I main Warden. I'm also drawn to Lawbringer for similar reasons and plan to put some time into him. I also play Raider and Kensei a fair bit. Highlander is great too, as a character, as is Shugoki. Can't stand Shaman, she has no place in the game imo, she sails way too close to the fantasy genre with her eating people to heal ********. Orochi looks great too, but is pretty much useless unless your opponent comes out swinging.

So many cool characters to choose from.

**** Centurion.

But... I main centurion lol. I love him. Got him to rep 41. Only because i love using the executions pollice verso and glorious execution haha. I love that ****. The arena style kills are for me so i will never stop using him. MAIN CENTURION! AND NEVER SAY HES OP lol!!! He doesnt have much in his kit but i peraonally find him fun to use

voiddp
08-21-2018, 01:51 AM
Well the ones you mentioned Highlander and Shaman are both good balanced chars with some uniq mechanics like no other chars have and some variety of moveset.
I mostly like characters like that, that you cant just pick and play like usual with powered in some places basics, and need to learn harder how to use them. Others unique are Nobushi, Shinobi, Shugoki, and 2 tank characters with full block mechanic, and Warden is uniq in bad way lol. Maybe LB is somewhat uniq about moveset that relies hard on parrying

Other characters are just the same, with same basic moveset of their "class", just different combos, different places with HA, bashes and unblockables.

From there, all tanks are boring and slow. Warden is nice for cosmetics but behaves and fights like medieval thug that beats people with longsword-like baseball bat and shoulder. And never stabs lol. And now became EZ mode character who you dont need to learn hard how to play good. Others of my list seems nice to learn how to play with (from my point of view).
If you want basic characters, pick kensei for starters, he has almost everything in his kit and if you learn to play him, you will be able to play +\- good with all others chars that are not in unique list.

DefiledDragon
08-21-2018, 01:53 AM
But... I main centurion lol. I love him. Got him to rep 41. Only because i love using the executions pollice verso and glorious execution haha. I love that ****. The arena style kills are for me so i will never stop using him. MAIN CENTURION! AND NEVER SAY HES OP lol!!! He doesnt have much in his kit but i peraonally find him fun to use

That's the problem with him in my estimation, his kit is way too limited. Instead of giving him more options in order to make him viable, which would also make him more interesting, the devs have chosen to just make what he has ridiculously punishing. Yes, I get that everything he does can be avoided, but you only need to make a couple of mistakes, or get parried a few times and you're done. Once the cutscene starts, it's pretty much game over for most players, myself included. People complain that Kensei is OP, but I would rather face a good Kensei than a good Centurion any day. If you get beat, at least it feels like you lost to a good player that knows how to use the character rather than just cheese. Not blaming Centurion mains here at all, you can only work with what you've got, but what you've got is cheese by the cartload imo.

Rockland02370
08-21-2018, 01:57 AM
That's the problem with him in my estimation, his kit is way too limited. Instead of giving him more options in order to make him viable, which would also make him more interesting, the devs have chosen to just make what he has ridiculously punishing. Yes, I get that everything he does can be avoided, but you only need to make a couple of mistakes, or get parried a few times and you're done. Once the cutscene starts, it's pretty much game over for most players, myself included. People complain that Kensei is OP, but I would rather face a good Kensei than a good Centurion any day. If you get beat, at least it feels like you lost to a good player that knows how to use the character rather than just cheese. Not blaming Centurion mains here at all, you can only work with what you've got, but what you've got is cheese by the cartload imo.

I can respect this. I will agree. But(disagree if you want) bring back some nerfs as buffs and add more to his moveset. Hes got nothin almost. As most say (which is a little true) hes a noob stomper. But yes a few mistakes and it is over which is true. God forbid we do get guard break near a wall, then the opponent is pretty much screwed(or all set cuz they know everything by heart) hes just got no kit if u ask me. So we rely on parrys and walls. We are parry happy!

DefiledDragon
08-21-2018, 02:03 AM
I can respect this. I will agree. But(disagree if you want) bring back some nerfs as buffs and add more to his moveset. Hes got nothin almost. As most say (which is a little true) hes a noob stomper.

Yeah, he needs more kit. He doesn't need a nerf as such, he just needs more options and a dial back on the stamina damage and he would be better for it I think. I might even try using him outside of the training arena if they made him more interesting :) That probably sounds daft coming from a Warden main, but I'm not a bash spammer. Most people would call me a "turtle" I imagine, in that I look for openings. Don't get me wrong, I'll use his bash if my opponent doesn't offer anything up, but I don't rely on it as much as some other Wardens seem to because he has other options, you just have to be patient.

HazelrahFirefly
08-21-2018, 02:11 AM
I'm Rep 122 and barely have a main lol, dont feel bad op.

I mostly say Orochi is my main because I feel like he fits my playstyle the most... but I LOVE Valk and am still hoping I learn to love the rework. Meanwhile, I've abandoned the WeakKeeper and enjoy the hell out of the Shaman and Gladiator, Glad more so.

Alustar.
08-21-2018, 02:36 AM
Running shaman and getting bleeds is about knowing when to let heavies fly for bleed. Usually your main heavy will be your unlockable for bleed proc, because it's the best option top bait as the cancel can be delayed slightly, and it can cancel into a few other attacks quickly.

chukblok
08-21-2018, 02:53 AM
I constantly flip flop and i hate it.
I love warden/raider/glad/HL
i mean for aesthetics the warden is amazing. everything about him and he is the biggest reason i started. i mean the way he holds the sword backwards. The executions sound amazing.
The raider is my highest rep but honestly i dont like his legendary weapon appearances and hes too tall..
The glad is amazing but i hate that ill never get that epic mohawk...and all other ornaments pale in comparison.
The HL is good its just i wish his sword sounded more like wardens.....
anyways yeah...honestly pick who you were first attracted to..and learn them.

Hormly
08-21-2018, 06:34 AM
Listen to your heart

DrinkinMyStella
08-21-2018, 09:25 AM
I have gone through so many different mains throughout the last year and half and I too picked them based off their looks but when I find one I like the look of and like the move-set I just keep playing for as long as it takes to become competent with that hero and then eventually master, your die a lot in the beginning while learning and it is frustrating and demotivating but I promise eventually your be winning a lot more and your KD will start to get better. if you jump from hero to hero before even learning how to use the move-set effectively then your never become a master of any hero and your have less fun because your struggle with who to pick. I can fall back to about 6 heroes when things get boring because I know how to use them. also youtube is your best friend for in-depth tutorials.