PDA

View Full Version : Done with cent

KSI K9 HANDLER
08-20-2018, 09:04 PM
I am completely annoyed playing against anyone with the Centurion. They just keep stun locking you and there's no way to get out of it. All other classes including the stupid Oro and shaman I have figured out how to deal with, even though those 2 are annoying, but cent just has too many knockdowns too many unblockables and too many stun locks.
How are you supposed to deal with them

DefiledDragon
08-20-2018, 09:10 PM
The problem is that, for a Centurion player, they have nothing else in their arsenal so they either spam his annoying bashes or they die. Of all the characters that need a rework, and by rework I mean a complete change of his combat philosophy and style, Centurion is number one in my book. I'm sure plenty would disagree, but I find him the single most boring character to face and to use.

bannex19
08-20-2018, 09:43 PM
I def don't think they need a rework. I think the need a stamina drain nerf.

The cent is hard, especially when you're playing against a good one but they're not impossible and if given time you can really make one look foolish. Once you're OOS tho you're screwed. Reduce his stam drain and improve his zone imo.

YoMemesAintDank
08-20-2018, 09:52 PM
i think he needs his stam to drain 50% to 2x faster then it does now

bannex19
08-20-2018, 10:43 PM
I'm saying his drain on targets. Not his own ability stam cost

DefiledDragon
08-20-2018, 10:47 PM
I def don't think they need a rework. I think the need a stamina drain nerf.

The cent is hard, especially when you're playing against a good one but they're not impossible and if given time you can really make one look foolish. Once you're OOS tho you're screwed. Reduce his stam drain and improve his zone imo.

His attacks are so fast that his mix ups feel like an inescapable barrage. In 4v4's he's the ultimate gank machine.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
08-20-2018, 11:51 PM
I was recently fighting cents with a Val with juggernaut on... It didn't matter. It was all just a cut scene of pain and out of stamina punishment once they get that parry they wait for.

DefiledDragon
08-21-2018, 01:13 AM
I was recently fighting cents with a Val with juggernaut on... It didn't matter. It was all just a cut scene of pain and out of stamina punishment once they get that parry they wait for.

I just think he's poorly designed. He feels like a Dead Or Alive character in a StreetFighter game. Totally out of place with most of the roster. That sounds like an insult to DOA but it's not meant as one.

voiddp
08-21-2018, 02:21 AM
He is mostly bothersome because of that stam drain.
I mean playing this game means fighting with your Hero and using of his kit. But then there we have cent that designed to be able to just disable everyone else's kits to make them OOS and punish it.
But we both want to play and not just cent, it makes this so much more frustrating when you make mistakes in fights with him. OOS is already hard enough punish by itself for players who do not use their stamina carefully. We don't need cent to make it even worse sometimes.

DefiledDragon
08-21-2018, 03:39 AM
He is mostly bothersome because of that stam drain.
I mean playing this game means fighting with your Hero and using of his kit. But then there we have cent that designed to be able to just disable everyone else's kits to make them OOS and punish it.
But we both want to play and not just cent, it makes this so much more frustrating when you make mistakes in fights with him. OOS is already hard enough punish by itself for players who do not use their stamina carefully. We don't need cent to make it even worse sometimes.

I agree. That's what makes him frustrating and a nightmare to fight. Against other characters, you know that if you make a mistake you'll be punished, but you know it will be proportional to the nature of the mistake (ledges/spikes aside), but with Cent, you know that the same mistake can wave bye bye to half your health and most if not all of your stamina and it's just not a fun fight.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
08-22-2018, 03:24 AM
I agree. That's what makes him frustrating and a nightmare to fight. Against other characters, you know that if you make a mistake you'll be punished, but you know it will be proportional to the nature of the mistake (ledges/spikes aside), but with Cent, you know that the same mistake can wave bye bye to half your health and most if not all of your stamina and it's just not a fun fight.

Let's be clear it's not a mistake to get parried. He should be rewarded for getting the parry but he shouldn't get his own 30 min animated series from Warner Bros. out of the deal.

DefiledDragon
08-22-2018, 03:30 AM
Let's be clear it's not a mistake to get parried. He should be rewarded for getting the parry but he shouldn't get his own 30 min animated series from Warner Bros. out of the deal.

Made me lol. I'm hoping Ubisoft are listening tbh and I hope they can do something with him to make him less ridiculous and yet make him viable at the same time. Oh god. Am I asking too much? I'm asking too much aren't I?

Nose1234F
08-22-2018, 04:11 AM
I don't find him very hard to play against,but he needs a rework. The ''cutscene'' is still stupid as hell.

DefiledDragon
08-22-2018, 04:31 AM
I don't find him very hard to play against,but he needs a rework. The ''cutscene'' is still stupid as hell.

He's extremely limited in his kit, but what he has is really punishing if he catches you. You can afford to make a few mistakes against most heroes but Cent will wreck you in two. I had one playing Infernal Dominion before 100-0 me because he had the attack buff. One mistake and I was done. Yeah, he had the attack buff, but it's still ridiculous. He's a poorly designed hero imo and he desperately needs looking at and improving.

Jastorm187
08-22-2018, 04:35 AM
Simple fix to the cut scene bull ****. Take away haymakers unblockable trait. If it was blockable then the punish would be a heavy for a wall splat, and a chance at more if haymaker landed. But not guaranteed. Keeps the potential punish but not guaranteed. It would also fix the spamming of it in 4v4 since you can block it. Which also makes sense, valk has a haymaker swing with her shield, same idea.

DefiledDragon
08-22-2018, 04:39 AM
Simple fix to the cut scene bull ****. Take away haymakers unblockable trait. If it was blockable then the punish would be a heavy for a wall splat, and a chance at more if haymaker landed. But not guaranteed. Keeps the potential punish but not guaranteed. It would also fix the spamming of it in 4v4 since you can block it. Which also makes sense, valk has a haymaker swing with her shield, same idea.

Not sure how they could make that not look really stupid, blocking a punch with a sword. I think he needs a full rework tbh. Give him some more options outside of spamming unblockables and lower the stamina damage, it's just silly. You know when Cent is fighting nearby because all you can hear is "dinkideebeleee" over and over.

dinosaurlicker
08-22-2018, 05:38 AM
Everyone complaining about cent here is either a noob or just bad at the game. Just block and dodge and cgb and he canít do anything. He doesnít have any 50/50s. He has low damage output. He has low health. He doesnít have 400ms bashes or lights. Heís a bottom tier hero and donít even try to debate me until you send in a screenshot of your rank/kd

DefiledDragon
08-22-2018, 06:15 AM
Everyone complaining about cent here is either a noob or just bad at the game. Just block and dodge and cgb and he can’t do anything. He doesn’t have any 50/50s. He has low damage output. He has low health. He doesn’t have 400ms bashes or lights. He’s a bottom tier hero and don’t even try to debate me until you send in a screenshot of your rank/kd

I actually thought I would give him a whirl in Infernal Dominion before but I was interrupted by a knock at the door just after I selected Centurion. When I answered it was some bloke carrying a huge crate of crackers. I said "what do you want?" and he replied "Heard you were giving Centurion a go, thought you might need these crackers to go with all the cheese". Weird.

dinosaurlicker
08-22-2018, 08:14 AM
I actually thought I would give him a whirl in Infernal Dominion before but I was interrupted by a knock at the door just after I selected Centurion. When I answered it was some bloke carrying a huge crate of crackers. I said "what do you want?" and he replied "Heard you were giving Centurion a go, thought you might need these crackers to go with all the cheese". Weird.

bUt wHaT dO YoU mEaN?

LeriiSuitedUp
08-22-2018, 02:40 PM
Centurion has some crazy punish damage, but his mix up game is completely trash. It boils down to fishing for guardbreaks and little else at high play. Most people can dodge the kick on reaction and it only gives a light attack, the punches can only come after a heavy and they're really telegraphed. The best answer to Centurion is to NOT sidestep because he can't grab you. If you wait and block, you can react to the punches and grabs, and if the unblockable comes, Centurion cannot cancel it and you get a free parry, which is not hard since it's always the same timing. I would like to see Centurion be less frustrating to fight and more viable to play without hugging a wall, but don't act like he's overpowered; he's annoying, but nothing like he was on release.

The_B0G_
08-22-2018, 02:45 PM

A parry only gets him a heavy, which is about 25 damage. If your back is to a wall and he uses his special parry move with the knee, yes you get wall splatted, but you should be as far away as possible from any wall while fighting cent anyway.

The_B0G_
08-22-2018, 02:54 PM
I used to hate him with a passion too, once I learned how he worked, he wasn't a problem any more, no mote than any of the other heroes anyway.

Also, lots of characters get huge damage off a wall splat, and a lot faster than cent, doing his wall splat punish is risky in 4v4 and he can't even do it while outnumbered.

I know he's annoying to fight against, but so is Shinobi, shugoki, lawbringer, and even conq is annoying to fight against.

I'd like for him to get a rework too, but Cent isn't that bad once you learn how to fight him.

EvoX.
08-22-2018, 03:26 PM
Everyone complaining about cent here is either a noob or just bad at the game. Just block and dodge and cgb and he canít do anything. He doesnít have any 50/50s. He has low damage output. He has low health. He doesnít have 400ms bashes or lights. Heís a bottom tier hero and donít even try to debate me until you send in a screenshot of your rank/kd

Exactly this. It's pretty sad he's still getting complained about even now, when he's easily among the top 5 worst heroes in the game.

Sigh..

dinosaurlicker
08-22-2018, 08:25 PM
Exactly this. It's pretty sad he's still getting complained about even now, when he's easily among the top 5 worst heroes in the game.

Sigh..

Straight facts

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
08-22-2018, 10:07 PM

Lol... Great stuff.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
08-22-2018, 10:15 PM
A parry only gets him a heavy, which is about 25 damage. If your back is to a wall and he uses his special parry move with the knee, yes you get wall splatted, but you should be as far away as possible from any wall while fighting cent anyway.

Look!!! Over there!!! The majestic centurion out in the prairie! What a rare site to behold! Standing out there away from the safety of his comfy walls. Oh what a treat!!!

The_B0G_
08-22-2018, 10:55 PM
Look!!! Over there!!! The majestic centurion out in the prairy! What a rare site to behold! Standing out there away from the safety of his comfy walls. Oh what a treat!!!

Ummm... what? If your back is to a wall while fighting a cent, then that is your mistake.

dinosaurlicker
08-23-2018, 12:12 AM
If you ever have trouble with Cent, itís something that YOU are doing wrong. It has nothing to do with the hero being ďuncounterableĒ or ďOPĒ

Arekonator
08-23-2018, 12:21 AM
Like playing someone without viable opener, who WILL eventually get parried to death? (Or keep staring at him till they both die of old age).

I said it few times already:
Cent is flawed on design level. He is chore to fight, and due to his cutscene mechanic will always feel toxic when you are on recieving end. Regardless of his actual power level and no ammount of number tweaks can fix this. He needs complete redesign.

dinosaurlicker
08-23-2018, 12:55 AM
Like playing someone without viable opener, who WILL eventually get parried to death? (Or keep staring at him till they both die of old age).

I said it few times already:
Cent is flawed on design level. He is chore to fight, and due to his cutscene mechanic will always feel toxic when you are on recieving end. Regardless of his actual power level and no ammount of number tweaks can fix this. He needs complete redesign.

Well, if you think about it, the only people who complain about Cent are beginners/trash who make a lot of mistakes. Making a hero who CAN get big punishes for mistakes isnít flawed, especially when they made it so situational. The flawed heroes are the ones with no openers. The system itself is flawed with no chip damage. All of the reworked heroes have some form of opener or unreactable mixup, so the only ones who have trouble with Cent are those who havenít been reworked, and THEY are the flawed heroes, not Cent.

1v1
Playing as Cent you need to straight up outplay your opponents. This isnít the case with other heroes like Warden, who can just bash spam you to death. Iíve talked to many Warden mains who admit they often win when they donít deserve it. But most of you donít complain about Warden because you probably main him and cry when your 400 and 500ms attacks get parried. With Cent you need to outplay your opponents, and if you win, you deserve it.

4v4
Cent plays a disabling role in ganking and teamfights. However, other heroes do this role even better. Raider, Shugoki, and even Shaman do Centís role better. Not to mention that a Cent is ****ed if he gets ganked by anybody with half a brain. Cent has the worst attack range and in the game, and has one of the worst overall DPS rates in the game, making it so oftentimes opponents he knocks down with revenge are outside his attack rane and canít be hit without him without leaping on them, and leaping on them basically gives the gankers a free kill.

Heís unfun to play against if you make a lot of mistakes. Thatís the bottom line. So stop crying and learn to make fewer mistakes.

DefiledDragon
08-23-2018, 01:08 AM
Well, if you think about it, the only people who complain about Cent are beginners/trash who make a lot of mistakes. Making a hero who CAN get big punishes for mistakes isn’t flawed, especially when they made it so situational. The flawed heroes are the ones with no openers. The system itself is flawed with no chip damage. All of the reworked heroes have some form of opener or unreactable mixup, so the only ones who have trouble with Cent are those who haven’t been reworked, and THEY are the flawed heroes, not Cent.

1v1
Playing as Cent you need to straight up outplay your opponents. This isn’t the case with other heroes like Warden, who can just bash spam you to death. I’ve talked to many Warden mains who admit they often win when they don’t deserve it. But most of you don’t complain about Warden because you probably main him and cry when your 400 and 500ms attacks get parried. With Cent you need to outplay your opponents, and if you win, you deserve it.

4v4
Cent plays a disabling role in ganking and teamfights. However, other heroes do this role even better. Raider, Shugoki, and even Shaman do Cent’s role better. Not to mention that a Cent is ****ed if he gets ganked by anybody with half a brain. Cent has the worst attack range and in the game, and has one of the worst overall DPS rates in the game, making it so oftentimes opponents he knocks down with revenge are outside his attack rane and can’t be hit without him without leaping on them, and leaping on them basically gives the gankers a free kill.

He’s unfun to play against if you make a lot of mistakes. That’s the bottom line. So stop crying and learn to make fewer mistakes.

Most people don't complain that he's OP. Most people complain that he's boring and he is. He's boring to use and he's boring to fight. His kit is way too limited. He should be a vanguard by rights because of his relative simplicity and the fact that he's noob friendly. As somebody already said, he needs a complete redesign to make him interesting but still be viable.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
08-23-2018, 02:54 AM
Cent: stand next to wall, Turtle, parry
Attacker: oos due to attacking and being parried and also badly punished for being parried near a wall.
Cent: oos spam
Attacker: dead

... rinse and repeat

dinosaurlicker
08-23-2018, 05:02 AM
Most people don't complain that he's OP. Most people complain that he's boring and he is. He's boring to use and he's boring to fight. His kit is way too limited. He should be a vanguard by rights because of his relative simplicity and the fact that he's noob friendly. As somebody already said, he needs a complete redesign to make him interesting but still be viable.

Lol with heroes like Warden and Conq Iím sure heís far from the least fun to fight. And noob friendly? In what way is he as easy as warden???

DefiledDragon
08-23-2018, 05:47 AM
Lol with heroes like Warden and Conq I’m sure he’s far from the least fun to fight. And noob friendly? In what way is he as easy as warden???

Think this pretty much sums up what makes him noob friendly. I'm sure you'll argue he isn't all the same, but there it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=617p1ZiIsNU

dinosaurlicker
08-23-2018, 06:30 AM
Heís playing against noobs as well sooo idk what your point is

DefiledDragon
08-23-2018, 07:21 AM
He’s playing against noobs as well sooo idk what your point is

Course he is, coz only noobs play ranked, all the pros are playing Dominion. The point is that the guy, by his own admission, has barely played Centurion and almost won a ranked tournament with very little effort. Characters that require little effort to get results are characters that are considered noob friendly. He has a low skill floor, like Warden. People can just pick him up and start winning with him. I main Warden, but I'll happily admit that he has a low skill floor because it's just the truth, as it is with Centurion and an ever growing number of the other members of the roster following the reworks.

LeonSKennedy93
08-23-2018, 08:35 AM
hi i m centurion rep 55 and i want rework too because he has nothing to fight i spam too because there is nothing i could do i say he nneds to be a faster because his light weight armor and low weight sword he can have lots of combo for fighting and they can remove pins like charged attacks and make him fight like a true centurion...he nneds to be more agile and no pins

LeonSKennedy93
08-23-2018, 08:42 AM
hell yeah i say he needs rework too im rep 72 and my cent is rep 55 i only play centurion just because i like his voice actor and i love gladious sword ...i hatye him when he has to use heavies like that he is the first roman fighter i see uses his heavies like that he just try to hit with head of his sword for more range ...that s wroooong fighting style he should be more agile and use edge of sword he should move his body he tries to fight like nobushi thats wrong

Armosias
08-23-2018, 12:29 PM
Think this pretty much sums up what makes him noob friendly. I'm sure you'll argue he isn't all the same, but there it is.

Okay I'm 8 minutes in the video and I think I got the point: he just did not use Centurion mechanics, only heavy heavy jab light heavy jab from neutral, considering that almost none of his attacks was parried I think he could've made the exact same video with Conq spamming heavies into SB or Warden light SB or Aramusha, Highlander, Berzerker. Well pretty much any character who can chain attacks without stopping would've worked here. If being able to read a hero's combos list makes that hero noob friendly then Cent is high up the list of noob friendly heroes because yeah, his moveset is limited as hell so it's not hard to learn the basics.

The_B0G_
08-23-2018, 05:03 PM

The people he was fighting were trash, If I even do heavy heavy combo I get parried nearly every time because you can't soft feint the second heavy into a GB, or they just block it, and dodge the follow up jab.

If you can't beat a Cent that is fighting the way he was fighting, it's a L2P issue.

DefiledDragon
08-23-2018, 06:12 PM
The people he was fighting were trash, If I even do heavy heavy combo I get parried nearly every time because you can't soft feint the second heavy into a GB, or they just block it, and dodge the follow up jab.

If you can't beat a Cent that is fighting the way he was fighting, it's a L2P issue.

If you can't understand the difference between somebody saying he has a limited kit and is noob friendly and somebody saying he's OP it's a learn to read issue.

UbiJurassic
08-23-2018, 06:35 PM
I am completely annoyed playing against anyone with the Centurion. They just keep stun locking you and there's no way to get out of it. All other classes including the stupid Oro and shaman I have figured out how to deal with, even though those 2 are annoying, but cent just has too many knockdowns too many unblockables and too many stun locks.
How are you supposed to deal with them

Currently the team is working on a global change to stamina damage management, where they'll be modifying moves so that stamina damage applied on an already Out of Stamina opponent will only pause their stamina regen instead of dealing more Stamina damage. The goal here is to prevent situations where a player can get locked Out of Stamina, as is a frustrating case for players who find Centurion frustrating to fight. We'll be looking to unveil more details as we get closer to releasing that global change to stamina management.

DefiledDragon
08-23-2018, 06:47 PM
Currently the team is working on a global change to stamina damage management, where they'll be modifying moves so that stamina damage applied on an already Out of Stamina opponent will only pause their stamina regen instead of dealing more Stamina damage. The goal here is to prevent situations where a player can get locked Out of Stamina, as is a frustrating case for players who find Centurion frustrating to fight. We'll be looking to unveil more details as we get closer to releasing that global change to stamina management.

What's that noise? Kind of like a wooshing/swishing noise? Could it be the sound of the nerf bat whistling towards Centurion's head? I predict the harvest of salty, Roman tears will be bountiful if that's the case.

Arekonator
08-23-2018, 07:59 PM
What's that noise? Kind of like a wooshing/swishing noise? Could it be the sound of the nerf bat whistling towards Centurion's head? I predict the harvest of salty, Roman tears will be bountiful if that's the case.

There is nothing you can nerf on him anymore, He needs rework, not a nerf, because he is weak but still really toxic.

DefiledDragon
08-23-2018, 08:02 PM
There is nothing you can nerf on him anymore, He needs rework, not a nerf, because he is weak but still really toxic.

I agree 100%. However, I also believe that any change, especially to his ability to keep his opponent OOS, will be met with resistance from certain elements of the playerbase. We'll just have to wait and see.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
08-23-2018, 08:15 PM
Remember when they Nerfed his punch....The legion of bully salt that followed. 😭😭😭😭😭😭

The_B0G_
08-23-2018, 09:49 PM
If you can't understand the difference between somebody saying he has a limited kit and is noob friendly and somebody saying he's OP it's a learn to read issue.

So which one of those is he doing? One CGB and his assault is stopped. L2P.

DefiledDragon
08-23-2018, 09:52 PM
So which one of those is he doing? One CGB and his assault is stopped. L2P.

What are you talking about? Can you actually comprehend the meaning of words and sentences? Are you able to apply context? I'm not going to explain it to you, you'll have to work it out for yourself.

The_B0G_
08-23-2018, 10:16 PM
What are you talking about? Can you actually comprehend the meaning of words and sentences? Are you able to apply context? I'm not going to explain it to you, you'll have to work it out for yourself.

I could say the same to you, I have no idea where you're trying to go with this debate, it's been said numerous times by many people including myself.

If you're having problems with Centurion, you need to practice, he's not that good. If you can't CGB, then you will have problems with him for sure, thats why when I fight him I always have my thumb on the GB besides when I switch zones while I'm defending.

If you won't take advice for fighting him from people who play them, stop posting these fake news OP Cent threads.

DefiledDragon
08-23-2018, 10:16 PM
I could say the same to you, I have no idea where you're trying to go with this debate, it's been said numerous times by many people including myself.

If you're having problems with Centurion, you need to practice, he's not that good. If you can't CGB, then you will have problems with him for sure, thats why when I fight him I always have my thumb on the GB besides when I switch zones while I'm defending.

If you won't take advice for fighting him from people who play them, stop posting these fake news OP Cent threads.

Find the post where I said I was having problems with him.

The_B0G_
08-23-2018, 10:24 PM
Find the post where I said I was having problems with him.

So why are you here? You seem to be awfully happy about a potential nerf for someone who doesn't have a problem with him...

DefiledDragon
08-23-2018, 10:25 PM
So why are you here? You seem to be awfully happy about a potential nerf for someone who doesn't have a problem with him...

I'm here because this is a public forum and I can join in any discussion I feel like joining in with. Why do you have a problem with that?

The_B0G_
08-23-2018, 10:28 PM
I'm here because this is a public forum and I can join in any discussion I feel like joining in with. Why do you have a problem with that?

I don't at all, I guess I just find it weird how much hatred you have for a character that you say you don't have issues fighting against. Usually the two are tied together.

I guess what I'm saying is, why do you personally want him nerfed?

DefiledDragon
08-23-2018, 10:36 PM
I don't at all, I guess I just find it weird how much hatred you have for a character that you say you don't have issues fighting against. Usually the two are tied together.

I guess what I'm saying is, why do you personally want him nerfed?

The fact that you don't know why I'm here shows that you haven't read any of the points I made about Centurion. I don't want him nerfed. I want him reworked. I want him to be made into the viable, interesting character that he should be instead of the spamming noob bait that he is. I would love to play as Cent, but I can't because he's just so limited and boring. Sure, you can demolish people with parry GB spam and his OOS game but it's boring. Just make him interesting and less spammy, that's all I'm asking for.

The_B0G_
08-23-2018, 10:48 PM
The fact that you don't know why I'm here shows that you haven't read any of the points I made about Centurion. I don't want him nerfed. I want him reworked. I want him to be made into the viable, interesting character that he should be instead of the spamming noob bait that he is. I would love to play as Cent, but I can't because he's just so limited and boring. Sure, you can demolish people with parry GB spam and his OOS game but it's boring. Just make him interesting and less spammy, that's all I'm asking for.

I've been in and out of Cent OP threads a lot lately, I can't remember what each person has said, I was going by the fact you were so giddy about his nerf and making roman cry.

As far as the rework goes, I agree. I would like him to have more attack mix ups, get rid of his knockdown punch and make charged heavies do a little more damage to balance it out,obviously much more thought would have to be put into it than that, but I think mixing punches and push kicks in with his combos is the way to go.

I think even rep 50 Cents would like a rework for him. In due time he'll probably get one, but he's not in the most need of a rework at this time I would think.

dinosaurlicker
08-23-2018, 10:54 PM

You literally main Warden so Iím sure spammy and boring is just a coverup reason

DefiledDragon
08-23-2018, 11:04 PM
You literally main Warden so I’m sure spammy and boring is just a coverup reason

I do main Warden, but I don't bash spam. I don't have to bash spam because Warden actually has other options. He's noob friendly, I won't say that he isn't, but he doesn't have to rely on spam. The fact that people think he does is enormously helpful to me. You would be surprised at how many players will eat a side heavy or another double light after double lights because they're expecting a bash or a GB and they don't react in time. You don't win fights by chasing the meta because the meta is predictable and you win fights by being unpredictable.

Edit: Also, a cover up reason for what?

dinosaurlicker
08-23-2018, 11:10 PM
I do main Warden, but I don't bash spam. I don't have to bash spam because Warden actually has other options. He's noob friendly, I won't say that he isn't, but he doesn't have to rely on spam. The fact that people think he does is enormously helpful to me. You would be surprised at how many players will eat a side heavy or another double light after double lights because they're expecting a bash or a GB and they don't react in time. You don't win fights by chasing the meta because the meta is predictable and you win fights by being unpredictable.

Edit: Also, a cover up reason for what?

You can do that with Centurion too, in case you didnít know. Wardenís moveset is just as deep as Centurions, thereís really no difference in spamminess or depth. You probably just play at a low skill level in which people just spam moves

guest-Nez6tBu0
08-23-2018, 11:15 PM
yea against noobs we all know how can he be...but overall centurion is quite horrible atm, in duels its sucks to be cent believe me. I wrote this down in different thread so I just copy and paste it as I want to devs see what options they have:

KEEP:
- keep same HP as we have now
- keep punch after successful parry, this is good move!
- keep lights and heavies attack animations same

NEEDED CHANGES:
- way faster heavy feints, it seems they are slowest in the game. In Hero description its written Mix-up intensive, this doesn't seem very intensive if we can`t mix-up
- make hit "Zone" able to cancel or soft-feint into something
- cancel stupid walk backwards animation after you jump on lying on ground opponent - this is way too much annoying. At dominion I get killed with full HP with just one warden, he can get three top heavies during this animation lock = GG. Or just change its input to "forward dash + heavy hit", so at least we can decide how we want to attack opponent
- his kick is very bad in current state, that is single opener we have, to make it just faster is not enough, we need to be able to "Charge it". "Charged Kick" able to soft-feint to GB, zone, heavy hit. After successful "Charged Kick" opponent would be kicked much further and able to wall stun opponent...after "Non-Charged Kick" guaranteed "Light Hit" or "Non-Charged shoryuken Punch" to keep pressure going

POSSIBLE CHANGES:
- no pins, meaning no guaranteed "Charged shoryuken Punch" after charged heavy hit (anyway this is annoying for both sides in current state this cut scene has to go), for combo purposes, u should do "MAX" guaranteed "Non-Charged Punch" just to keep combo pressure.
- make "Charged Shoryuken Punch" able to soft-feint into zone, heavies, GB, able to wall stun instead falling down when hit to wall - animation times of fully "Charged Punch" should be something in lines how warden can charge up bash, that means if you dodge soon you get hit
- charged kick compare to charged punch should have different animation times to confuse opponent

DefiledDragon
08-23-2018, 11:19 PM
You can do that with Centurion too, in case you didn’t know. Warden’s moveset is just as deep as Centurions, there’s really no difference in spamminess or depth. You probably just play at a low skill level in which people just spam moves

Maybe you're right, I do play a lot of 4 v 4. I've seen a lot of Wardens that bash spam and I've seen a few that don't. I've never seen a Cent that doesn't spam his charged uppercut though.

dinosaurlicker
08-23-2018, 11:21 PM
Maybe you're right, I do play a lot of 4 v 4. I've seen a lot of Wardens that bash spam and I've seen a few that don't. I've never seen a Cent that doesn't spam his charged uppercut though.

Yea I can agree though that I see a lot of that in 4v4 as well. Itís different in duels I guess

guest-Nez6tBu0
08-24-2018, 08:48 AM

reason for that is, ironically at Dominion this is quite save to do. However any single side dodge = GB. His kick basically mean you get free GB on you most of the times = you going to be ledged most of times. so your way to open fight is trow heavy that gets blocked most often, and follow up with uppercut which you can just dodge easily. By easily I mean when I compare how hard is to dodge Wardens bash.

thing is when u fight centurion, you have to watch kick, uppercut and charged heavies, fast GBs. Kick and uppecut its all you have to do is dodge, it is really easy. Charged Heavies once you get use to it, u can parry it every single time or just be prepared the GB will follow up. He is very predictable. Once you get use to this you will understand that cent is not threat at all.

Now lets compare it with Warden. He is running at you, no Guard mode enabled this time. U need to watch for side running attack or hes new dash heavy attack both lighting fast. Fight start, your guard has to be always at left, if not u get hit by lighting fast zone, plus u have to be ready to hes new heavy running attack, your guard has to be always ready at Left and Top. If you block direction there is no time to get to the right one. Oh as a Bonus warden can do that as his guard stance is fastest in the game. Against good players no guaranteed top attacks are big nono, you get counter attacked for 40 dmg plus I`m not sure about this but it seems they get also free top light afterwards as a reward. They have relatively fast top lights, so you have count they will get trow at you sometime. Now his shoulder bash, if you dodge GB is comming and then heavy follows 30 dmg. If you dodge and he let charge it up u are rewarded with top heavy 40 dmg. If you don`t dodge two side light are landing at you, and following another bash charging up. There is more Warden that can do with shoulder bash but to keep it simple lets end up here. You have to count also for unblockable heavies feinted into GB = no dodge, no block only wait to parry it if he let it go. There are more, but here you can see for how many things you have to watch. compare it with centurion and is looks like cent is Wardens 4 year old baby.

Corentin10111
08-24-2018, 10:44 AM
I see more and more cents just waiting near walls in duels. WTF? Those guys don't event want to fight normally, if you don't go to them they would wait 30mn leaning on their wall.
Not all of them but a big part of cents players are the same guys who only play reworked characters while they are OP. Cause you know, those people are trash.. IRL you can smack them back to reality but behind their screen.. Just hope for us and them that one day they realise they are dung flys and change.

dinosaurlicker
08-24-2018, 10:59 PM
I see more and more cents just waiting near walls in duels. WTF? Those guys don't event want to fight normally, if you don't go to them they would wait 30mn leaning on their wall.
Not all of them but a big part of cents players are the same guys who only play reworked characters while they are OP. Cause you know, those people are trash.. IRL you can smack them back to reality but behind their screen.. Just hope for us and them that one day they realise they are dung flys and change.

Lol youíre the type of guy to say that all blacks are criminals

The_B0G_
08-24-2018, 11:05 PM
Lol youíre the type of guy to say that all blacks are criminals

:O !!!

Corentin10111
08-25-2018, 11:16 AM
lol you’re the type of guy to say that all blacks are criminals

wtf?!

ChampionRuby50g
08-25-2018, 11:56 AM
https://youtu.be/MEw1BxOCQZM

Corentin10111
08-25-2018, 03:56 PM
https://youtu.be/MEw1BxOCQZM

Yep those are the dunk flys.. Like headbutt or SB spammers they are just irrespectable.