PDA

View Full Version : A new mechanic in our game to help offense strategy?

Capoupacap
08-20-2018, 02:43 PM
Everybody that has followed FH for a decent time knows that turtle defense is an issue making offense slightly more risky.

Even a lot of effort has been made to help opening, there are basically based on the fact your opponent have to react

Here a a couple of new option:

- Short effet on multiple blocks : blocking drains a type of stamina bar that bring you to be stunt if the bar get to zero

- Openign on block: LB had at the very beginning a dash if he block an attack. Why not considering the opposite ? For example, if your attack (light or heavy ?) get block you can quick tap your enemy for a short stunt ?

The basic idea of this post isn't to transform FH in a rushy beat'm'll game, but to give a slight advantage to offense when the defender is over passive.

What do you think ?

Justicator
08-20-2018, 04:01 PM
Interesting ideas. Introducing a third bar that gets depleted while blocking and regenerated while attacking and that, once it is depleted grants the attacker a free something is actually very nice! :)
Also, getting your light (or heavy blocked) and that allowing you a short stun could work, but only if the short stun does not guarantee anything and only shortly distorts the screen of your opponent. Also, maybe put that not one the first blocked light, but on the second or maybe even give it to specific heroes only. I think this could be a bit OP if given to assassins?

Capoupacap
08-20-2018, 04:15 PM
that's the main idea, just put a little pressure on defense and not guarantee anything like in the beginning of the game with this over rewarding parry/GB

About assassin, if you consider the zerker, this mechanic could be interesting and fit to his gamestyle...For the PK, it would be totally OP because PK already has the poison effect that put this little pressure more to make the defender react.

Justicator
08-20-2018, 04:32 PM
Maybe you implement it in the following way:
The slower the attack (which also often means the higher the damage it does) the bigger drain it does on this new, shall we call it, Guard Meter. So the fast assassin attacks and fast light pokes would not reduce this Meter by too much, but if the target would only block, they would drain it eventually, after let's say 5-6 fast light blocks? This could really give a much higher to incentive for one to attempt to parry and leave himself exposed. Also, this coupled with my suggestion of making parrying a dedicated button would be awesome!

Capoupacap
08-20-2018, 09:03 PM
parry without any risk ??? Would reinforce defense, don't you think ?

NHLGoldenKnight
08-20-2018, 09:27 PM
Turtle meta, myth of the century. I am not sure what average Orrochi, Berserker or a Shaman expect me to do with my Lawbringer or Shugo? Keep swinging around so they could easily dodge until I drain my stamina and then thrash me around? No, thanks.

You have to acknowledge and accept the fact that being defensive is a legitimate strategy, not just in gaming but in real fight, sports, car racing, even in a bar when ugly woman that looks like your mother is hitting on you. There is nothing wrong with that.

Punish from defensive game style shouldn't be insane like some heroes can be, but other than that, being on a defense is how some heroes and classes are forced to play.

Your suggestion would put some of those heroes at disadvantage and they are already pretty behind some of the light-spamming, forever-stamina full bunch of thurds.

So no. I want to play defensive if situation requires it without pressure. Same as I want to play agressive with no pressure.

Capoupacap
08-20-2018, 11:49 PM
you look already under lot's of pressure kiddy

NHLGoldenKnight
08-21-2018, 12:32 AM
Is that the best you could do? You millennials really don't even know how to insult someone, don't you?

Capoupacap
08-21-2018, 12:55 AM
you'll learn with time kid

Kaijudub
08-21-2018, 12:56 AM
Turtle meta, myth of the century. I am not sure what average Orrochi, Berserker or a Shaman expect me to do with my Lawbringer or Shugo? Keep swinging around so they could easily dodge until I drain my stamina and then thrash me around? No, thanks.

You have to acknowledge and accept the fact that being defensive is a legitimate strategy, not just in gaming but in real fight, sports, car racing, even in a bar when ugly woman that looks like your mother is hitting on you. There is nothing wrong with that.

Punish from defensive game style shouldn't be insane like some heroes can be, but other than that, being on a defense is how some heroes and classes are forced to play.

Your suggestion would put some of those heroes at disadvantage and they are already pretty behind some of the light-spamming, forever-stamina full bunch of thurds.

So no. I want to play defensive if situation requires it without pressure. Same as I want to play agressive with no pressure.

I love the idea of defensive characters and when played properly (defend a point and await back up) they're awesome. The problem is that doesn't quite translate in a 1v1 situation in this case.

Must also be really hard to tune defensive characters whilest killing a "turtle" meta

Justicator
08-21-2018, 01:13 AM
parry without any risk ??? Would reinforce defense, don't you think ?

Actually, it would be more riskier, because you couldn't just cancel it if you failed to time it properly, it would leave you in a vulnerable state and guarantee something, a light perhaps, to the attacker.

Justicator
08-21-2018, 01:17 AM

The problem with what you are saying is that currently in FH if you can parry everything, you can defeat anyone and if you can block everything you can not be defeated. Because of this, more and more heroes get crazy light spams and super fast unblocakbles. Heck, the new warden shoulder bash is designed to FORCE a reaction and the valiant breakthrough is designed to PUNISH you if you do not make a reaction and just opt do dodge out of shoulder bash. In other words, playing defensively is always a safer option ATM, and that is not balance.

Capoupacap
08-21-2018, 01:57 AM
The other point on Defense being over rewarding is that if you commit to be the attacker...You basically use a ton of stamina to create an opening by feinting or using an unblocable based on generally a two move combo...If you miss and be blocked, it cost you even more stamina and leave you in a difficult situation while the defender has barrely take no risk (still speaking with a turtle).

The faster light solution is very tricky. I come from console playing and trust me, it's a light spammer kingdom. BUT, feint work is much more difficult to react because the timing is shorter.

To take the goldenknight stuff and reply to his "in a real fight situation", well... normally a block don't let you properly balanced on your feet -> multiple attack should make the turtle weaker without any guaranted gameplay.