PDA

View Full Version : Guardbreaking and getting CGB needs to use more stamina

dinosaurlicker
08-19-2018, 07:57 PM
Iím so sick of raiders just sitting there spamming dash GB near a ledge. Guardbreaking is unpunishable unless you predict it, so itís basically 100% safe with no downside. On top of that the majority of heroes only get a light attack for predicting it, while a GB can result in a heavy or instakill. It uses almost 0 stamina and gives too much if itís successful. It needs to use like 25% stamina or more for getting CGB so thereís an actually downside to spamming it. Same with roll, you can literally just spam roll and be immune to some heroes.

Hormly
08-19-2018, 07:59 PM
Some posts are just so silly all I can do is smile ☺

dinosaurlicker
08-19-2018, 08:01 PM
Some posts are just so silly all I can do is smile ☺

Lol how is this silly? Or are you just dumb?

PepsiBeastin
08-19-2018, 08:13 PM
A better idea is making getting counter guardbroken a guardbreak against yourself by the enemy that can't be countered.

The_B0G_
08-19-2018, 08:14 PM
I agree, I made a similar post a few months ago, there should be stamina drain on CGB for sure.

Hormly
08-19-2018, 08:46 PM
A better idea is making getting counter guardbroken a guardbreak against yourself by the enemy that can't be countered.

Good lord man, with so many people whining about a turtle meta you want such a huge penalization for guard breaking?

The_B0G_
08-19-2018, 08:50 PM
Good lord man, with so many people whining about a turtle meta you want such a huge penalization for guard breaking?

Yeah that seems a little too far, a small stamina drain would be fair for a failed GB though in my opinion.

Hormly
08-19-2018, 09:26 PM
Lol how is this silly? Or are you just dumb?

It is your suggestion that is dumb sir, people are already afraid to throw attacks for fear of being parried, now you want them equally afraid to gb? Gbing is already dangerous as you will eat an attack if your enemy throws before it lands but now you will ALSO get gb'd yourself regardless? So the only time to gb is when they're dodging or in a fb stance?

Do this and the only offense worth throwing will be unblockables.

Monumentally stupid idea

DefiledDragon
08-19-2018, 09:41 PM

Nobody would ever guard break if that were the case.

DefiledDragon
08-19-2018, 09:45 PM
I’m so sick of raiders just sitting there spamming dash GB near a ledge. Guardbreaking is unpunishable unless you predict it, so it’s basically 100% safe with no downside. On top of that the majority of heroes only get a light attack for predicting it, while a GB can result in a heavy or instakill. It uses almost 0 stamina and gives too much if it’s successful. It needs to use like 25% stamina or more for getting CGB so there’s an actually downside to spamming it. Same with roll, you can literally just spam roll and be immune to some heroes.

Guard breaks are not unpunishable, nor are they safe. I went for a GB near a ledge, my opponent CBG and the knockback effect pushed me over the ledge. I wouldn't call that safe at all. Besides, CGB isn't that hard if you put in the time to practice it.

You can't spam roll, it costs you half your stamina and once your stamina goes, you can't roll again until it comes back.

AzureSky.
08-20-2018, 03:35 PM
Dude your posts are hilarious, i don't want to say this but it's needed GET GUD. Really, you have a really severe case of it.

PepsiBeastin
08-20-2018, 03:47 PM
I was being sarcastic lmao